Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Andrew Wiggins - “I want to be an All Star next year ”

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Beef Supreme

Re: Andrew Wiggins - “I want to be an All Star next year ”

Post by Beef Supreme »

I’ll take Thibs and Wiggins over Kahn and Darko any day.

Fuck.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
witljon

Post by witljon »

Decker23 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:11 am Thibodeau and Andrew were the worst things that could have happened to this franchise.
I don't think they're that bad.

I still enjoy watching the Timberwolves.......and I am still pulling for Wiggins.
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

witljon wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:01 am
Decker23 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:11 am Thibodeau and Andrew were the worst things that could have happened to this franchise.
I don't think they're that bad.

I still enjoy watching the Timberwolves.......and I am still pulling for Wiggins.
I'm pretty sure most of you will pull for Wiggins. He's probably the nicest guy any of us will ever meet. It's easy to like him, but he's holding the franchise down. Next month (March), he'll have a great game, and we'll all be told to learn the game of basketball. Wait for it.
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
witljon

Post by witljon »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:49 pm I want to be a NBA All Star too!
I'd have to think that almost every NBA player wants to be an all star.
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

witljon wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:54 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:49 pm I want to be a NBA All Star too!
I'd have to think that almost every NBA player wants to be an all star.
not Jimmy Butler
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

Theo Von is funny. Look him up bro's!
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

Guess he doesn't want to start until NEXT year.
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

My god he sucks
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

He’s not very good folks. I think we’ve all given it time and patience. He ain’t it.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

10 POINTS...

Deng and Dieng had more in half the time :lol:
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

even when wiggins tries harder, he's held back because he's a skinny child playing against grown men. wolves need to dedicate a trainer to andrew and the quest for fifteen+ more pounds of muscle on him.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:52 pm even when wiggins tries harder, he's held back because he's a skinny child playing against grown men. wolves need to dedicate a trainer to andrew and the quest for fifteen+ more pounds of muscle on him.
Thats something you do in your rookie season, not 6 years in
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:52 pm even when wiggins tries harder, he's held back because he's a skinny child playing against grown men. wolves need to dedicate a trainer to andrew and the quest for fifteen+ more pounds of muscle on him.
In the most recent game against the Spurs, Pete said something along the lines of people comparing Wiggins to Rudy Gay, then pointed out the muscle tone of Gay compared to Wiggy, and saying Wiggins would need to hit the weights to reach that level...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

From his rookie season I thought he would surpass gay by now but unfortunately he cant even carry gays jockstrap.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:55 am
In the most recent game against the Spurs, Pete said something along the lines of people comparing Wiggins to Rudy Gay, then pointed out the muscle tone of Gay compared to Wiggy, and saying Wiggins would need to hit the weights to reach that level...
Spoiler:
Image[/spoiler]
Wow, he really is worse
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

morneaumvp wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:31 am
Spoiler:
Image[/spoiler]
Wow, he really is worse
That picture had me curious about Wiggins before/after the trade.

Before trade:

33.5 mpg
17 ppg on 41.6%/39.6%/80%
3.7 rpg
1.9 apg
1.8 spg
0.6 bpg
1.4 tpg
-4.6 +/-

After the trade:

35.1 mpg
18 ppg on 39.2%/32%/70.9%
4.8 rpg
2.4 apg
0.9 spg
0.5 bpg
1.9 tpg
3.1 +/-
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

flexbuffchest wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:48 am
morneaumvp wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:31 am

Spoiler:
Image[/spoiler]
Wow, he really is worse
That picture had me curious about Wiggins before/after the trade.

Before trade:

33.5 mpg
17 ppg on 41.6%/39.6%/80%
3.7 rpg
1.9 apg
1.8 spg
0.6 bpg
1.4 tpg
-4.6 +/-

After the trade:

35.1 mpg
18 ppg on 39.2%/32%/70.9%
4.8 rpg
2.4 apg
0.9 spg
0.5 bpg
1.9 tpg
3.1 +/-
So ofcourse the Butler excuse was BS :lol:
Dickface McSlapnuts

Post by Dickface McSlapnuts »

He sucks. Would love to get rid of him.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

morneaumvp wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:31 am
he's still just 23. not sure what he can do about skill level at this point, but there's certainly time in his life to put on more muscle.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Dickface McSlapnuts

Post by Dickface McSlapnuts »

somuchyummy wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:38 am
he's still just 23. not sure what he can do about skill level at this point, but there's certainly time in his life to put on more muscle.

Even with muscle………the sample size is more than large enough to show that what you’ve seen is all you’re gonna get.
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Dickface McSlapnuts wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:39 am
somuchyummy wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:38 am

Even with muscle………the sample size is more than large enough to show that what you’ve seen is all you’re gonna get.
Yep, and his skill isn't questioned, its the motor. And you can't teach or develop that.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

all i'm saying is that i saw three separate instances in last night's game where wiggins showed effort, got into a scrum for the ball and came up empty-handed. it wasn't effort in those cases that fell short, it was simple strength.

i'm not absolving him of anything. just saying that we've been rightfully screeching about wiggins' need to find a motor - and when i see instances of him finding one - it still isn't enough and won't be enough because he's built like a boy in a game played by men.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

The fact that you even notice an instance or two in a game where Wiggins gave a little effort goes to show how shitty his 90-95% of the time effort really is. Did you notice KG's effort? Butler's? Okogie's? Not really because you expect it and that just how they play. Hell, most guys you don't notice instances because it's the norm to play hard. Picking out a couple instances for Wiggins further validates the point that he's usually lazy.
Let's get Tropical
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i'm pointing out instances of effort i saw last night that came up empty. not total instances of effort. jesus.
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

People keep saying that it’s a question of effort and not skill. That’s nonsense. He’s an inefficient shooter, always has been. He’s a bad ball handler and passer. He hasn’t improved either. His defense may be a question of effort but his off ball defense is also about knowledge. I just think it’s time to stop saying it’s all about him being lazy, and realize he’s very athletic but not skilled.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

my point is exactly that. if wiggins somehow drank a magic elixir and turned his motor upside down - that still wouldn't help him be stronger, be a better shooter, have a better handle and have a better bbiq. there are multiple things getting in the way of him being simply a good (nevermind a great) nba player.

but (again) he's ours till the end of his contract. how do we maximize his good and minimize his bad?
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:08 pm People keep saying that it’s a question of effort and not skill. That’s nonsense. He’s an inefficient shooter, always has been. He’s a bad ball handler and passer. He hasn’t improved either. His defense may be a question of effort but his off ball defense is also about knowledge. I just think it’s time to stop saying it’s all about him being lazy, and realize he’s very athletic but not skilled.
Sadly, it's both....Wiggy is not skilled AND he's lazy. OUCH
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
morneaumvp

Post by morneaumvp »

Hornets wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:04 pm
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:08 pm People keep saying that it’s a question of effort and not skill. That’s nonsense. He’s an inefficient shooter, always has been. He’s a bad ball handler and passer. He hasn’t improved either. His defense may be a question of effort but his off ball defense is also about knowledge. I just think it’s time to stop saying it’s all about him being lazy, and realize he’s very athletic but not skilled.
Sadly, it's both....Wiggy is not skilled AND he's lazy. OUCH
Thats even worse..

I like thinking better that, he could be an allstar if he tried, but he doesn't give a fuck enough to and will never be one.
Joboo

Post by Joboo »

Guys I've decided I want to get in shape... but in no way am I going to eat better or workout it's okay because I want to get in shape.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i'd be interested to see what wiggins' diet and weight room regimen has been since he entered the league.