Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official Suns @ Timberwolves Game 1 PGDT 20 Apr Official***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
weimy froob

Re: ***Official Suns @ Timberwolves Game 1 PGDT 20 Apr Official***

Post by weimy froob »

BBG wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:34 pm
weimy froob wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:33 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:29 pm 59 to 34 rebounding edge. and phoenix is a good rebounding team. that'll likely be a focus for them next time up.
hungry like the wolf! the wolves played hard today and that's the stat that most shows it imo. looks like finch got through to his team this week.
Our girl Haley was on camera many times.
glad she figured out a way to get a ticket. :coolio:
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

finch presser right now.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

"we hadn't played desperate basketball...we were hungry."
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

My voice is gone. That was a well deserved ass kicking.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:33 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:29 pm 59 to 34 rebounding edge. and phoenix is a good rebounding team. that'll likely be a focus for them next time up.
I’m sure it will. But the more they focus on rebounding, the less they can get out and run and the more they have to score on our set half-court D.

Plus, yes please. Please ask Durant and Booker to get into the defensive paint and fight with Rudy, Towns, and Naz for rebounds. Do that please.
and there's a lot to be said about age and minutes and just getting beat up in physical games. Durant is 35. Booker is only 27, but Beal IMO is an old 30. lots of mileage and beat-upness to him. Nurk is 29 - but a large man, beat up 29. Eric Gordon is 35. I think that plays in our favor. Especially since their bench is indisputably subpar. It scored just 16 points tonight and 14 of those were from Royce ONeale.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

booker 5-16. "jaden fights through everything." finch giving him some credit for that performance today.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Keep cooking
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:39 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:33 pm
I’m sure it will. But the more they focus on rebounding, the less they can get out and run and the more they have to score on our set half-court D.

Plus, yes please. Please ask Durant and Booker to get into the defensive paint and fight with Rudy, Towns, and Naz for rebounds. Do that please.
and there's a lot to be said about age and minutes and just getting beat up in physical games. Durant is 35. Booker is only 27, but Beal IMO is an old 30. lots of mileage and beat-upness to him. Nurk is 29 - but a large man, beat up 29. Eric Gordon is 35. I think that plays in our favor. Especially since their bench is indisputably subpar. It scored just 16 points tonight and 14 of those were from Royce ONeale.
Agreed. Makes me wish it was the one days of condensed playoff schedules. Long layoffs give the old farts more time to recover.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

SHAFA wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:38 pm My voice is gone. That was a well deserved ass kicking.
Man, that must have been a blast.

- Isaac Asimov
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Great coaching by Finch. Great playing by everyone. Jaden McDaniela gets my player of the game.

Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:35 pm I don't think we'll be able to shut down all three of their Big 3. but if we can make sure only one of them goes off, we can beat these guys. Durant with 31 today - he's got a playoff average of 29.4 in over 160 playoff games. he's lethal and likely will continue to be. but Booker and Beal had a pedestrian 18 and 15. This should be the template.
Durant is the one with the mismatch against Towns or Gobert. We have good matches for Booker and Beal with Edwards and Jaden (and NAW).

Let Durant average 30. Keep the three of them under 70 combined and we should win the series.

- Isaac Asimov
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:43 pm Great coaching by Finch. Great playing by everyone. Jaden McDaniela gets my player of the game.

He was great in the first. Towns was great in the second. Edwards was great in the 3rd. The fourth was never close.

Rudy was a force all game and NAW was awesome too.

- Isaac Asimov
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:43 pm
SHAFA wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:38 pm My voice is gone. That was a well deserved ass kicking.
It was. Watching Edwards blitz Durant for that stretch in the third was beautiful. Watching him just drop his arms after Edwards hit NAW for that corner three…*chefs kiss*
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:43 pm Great coaching by Finch. Great playing by everyone. Jaden McDaniela gets my player of the game.

just having him on the court all those minutes without foul trouble is great. when he can play aggressive and not have the whistle blown all the time is huge. i said earlier that playoff basketball could be his forte the way the games are called. the more physical the better for jaden.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Loved the Naz ball fake around Beal's head. That was soo sick. Naz Reid's ballhandling is elite.

That was my favorite highlight from today's game.
Last edited by YBBR on Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:46 pm

He was great in the first. Towns was great in the second. Edwards was great in the 3rd. The fourth was never close.

Yeah. This year, the first half and especially the first quarter, is where this team has often struggled. Jaden having that great 1st quarter and his exhausting defense the entire game was absolutely huge.
BBG

Post by BBG »

I wonder how Greyson Allen's ankle is looking?
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

BBG wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:52 pm I wonder how Greyson Allen's ankle is looking?
I hope it fucking disintegrated.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Its hard to pick a PotG. I thought it really was an all-around team win. Karl buoyed the offensive in the first half when Ant was struggling a bit. Gobert was great. Jaden was great on Booker and giving energy. Ant carried the scoring load in the 3rd. Naz and Nickeil off the bench were both big.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

weimy froob wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:37 pm "we hadn't played desperate basketball...we were hungry."
Like the wolf?

- Isaac Asimov
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

BBG wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:52 pm I wonder how Greyson Allen's ankle is looking?

- Isaac Asimov
BBG

Post by BBG »

SHAFA wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:54 pm
I hope it fucking disintegrated.
:yes:

:thumbsup:
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:51 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:46 pm

Yeah. This year, the first half and especially the first quarter, is where this team has often struggled. Jaden having that great 1st quarter and his exhausting defense the entire game was absolutely huge.
Yep. Jaden and then Towns got us through the first half in good shape. Edwards kinda sucked the first half. 9 points and 4 turnovers, I believe. Then he exploded in the 2nd.

Good quality team win.

- Isaac Asimov
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

16-0

- Isaac Asimov
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

And the nba world celebrated getting to see the matchup everyone was waiting for. Garza vs Bol Bol.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

- Isaac Asimov
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

SHAFA wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:49 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:43 pm
It was. Watching Edwards blitz Durant for that stretch in the third was beautiful. Watching him just drop his arms after Edwards hit NAW for that corner three…*chefs kiss*
Are you the good luck charm? Are you going to go to game 2 then? I just bought tix to game 4 down here.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Are the Wolves mature enough to put this win out of their mind asap and be 100% focused on coming out with an even better effort Tuesday night? We know the Suns will be ultra motivated to tie the series up and will come out guns a blazin. I'm skeptical yet hopeful there will not be a let down...
Last edited by Hornets on Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

When Anderson comes back, is he the odd man out, or is Morris? No way Finch does a 9 man rotation, right?
twolves31

Post by twolves31 »

Wow looking through all the messages, you would think Ant had a bad game. Ant's early turnover really didn't lead to much for Phoenix, one one turnover Ant ran back stole the ball and made a basket right after, another one was a pretty questionable offensive foul. Ant is going to have some turnovers, he still played a good game early and a great game late. Sometimes, I feel like we just expect too much out of a 22 year old.