Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official Suns @ Timberwolves Game 1 PGDT 20 Apr Official***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
aztimberwolves

Re: ***Official Suns @ Timberwolves Game 1 PGDT 20 Apr Official***

Post by aztimberwolves »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:55 am It feels like the refs have this ‘We need to do something or else it’s going to be an absolute route’ approach when they ref the game.

The NBA’s biggest problem is refs that also try to manage/manipulate games to be more competitive than they should be.
Exactly. I couldn’t believe some of the no calls on our end when we shot and then the next trip down for the suns they call a ricky tack hand check.

Just be consistent on both ends is all anyone can ask

However, for the most part, I think if the refs call the same game style Tuesday night, it’s more beneficial to us.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

I think Edwards might be a little more effusive in his praise here than is warranted, but it speaks to the level of ubuntu this team has. And Towns did play well. If he lays an egg in the second, the Suns probably build a big lead and then the third quarter is about a comeback and not putting them away. We still probably win, but it’s a lot more tense.

Go team!
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:57 pm

I think Edwards might be a little more effusive in his praise here than is warranted, but it speaks to the level of ubuntu this team has. And Towns did play well. If he lays an egg in the second, the Suns probably build a big lead and then the third quarter is about a comeback and not putting them away. We still probably win, but it’s a lot more tense.

Go team!
Yeah maybe a bit exaggerated, but for 80 percent healthy Towns that was a pretty solid game. I was very happy with his D on Durant and he got to the line and was physical. You can tell his jumper is a bit off still but hopefully that comes around if we can advance.

His passing has really improved and those passes to Gobert were beautiful.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

aztimberwolves wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:34 pm

Go team!
Yeah maybe a bit exaggerated, but for 80 percent healthy Towns that was a pretty solid game. I was very happy with his D on Durant and he got to the line and was physical. You can tell his jumper is a bit off still but hopefully that comes around if we can advance.

Towns has always had a good understanding of the game. It’s so weird that he still makes some dumb mistakes a guy with his BBIQ shouldn’t make. But you can see his savvy with his passing. I’m not saying he could be Jokic or anything, but he has some of that ability in the high post.

I still like it when they post him up down low, though. Especially a team like Phoenix isn’t going to have many answers for that.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:38 pm

Go team!

Towns has always had a good understanding of the game. It’s so weird that he still makes some dumb mistakes a guy with his BBIQ shouldn’t make. But you can see his savvy with his passing. I’m not saying he could be Jokic or anything, but he has some of that ability in the high post.

I still like it when they post him up down low, though. Especially a team like Phoenix isn’t going to have many answers for that.
i've always been a fan of him facilitating. sometimes he gets careless--but i think it's one of the best parts to his game.
A$$MAN

Post by A$$MAN »

weimy froob wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:45 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:38 pm

i've always been a fan of him facilitating. sometimes he gets careless--but i think it's one of the best parts to his game.
Yeah, we can definitely do without those careless over the shoulder and behind the back passes he likes to throw. Keep it simple and make the easy pass.