Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Why is Mel Kiper on NFLN now too

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Abe Froman
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Why is Mel Kiper on NFLN now too

Post by Abe Froman »

I kinda liked when the two networks had nothing to do with each other during the draft. Is everything just gonna consolidate so there is no differences of opinion?
I made this!
Offsides 97 defense

Re: Why is Mel Kiper on NFLN now too

Post by Offsides 97 defense »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:19 pm I kinda liked when the two networks had nothing to do with each other during the draft. Is everything just gonna consolidate so there is no differences of opinion?
Kiper gets annoying after five minutes. I liked Mayock a lot. And usually followed whatever draft broadcast he was on. The draft will also lose some nostalgia for me when Berman goes.
"Pickett"
"Sir yes sir"
"1800, Engineers, You go out and find mines"
Butch Bradford

Post by Butch Bradford »

Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Offsides 97 defense wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:29 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:19 pm I kinda liked when the two networks had nothing to do with each other during the draft. Is everything just gonna consolidate so there is no differences of opinion?
Kiper gets annoying after five minutes. I liked Mayock a lot. And usually followed whatever draft broadcast he was on. The draft will also lose some nostalgia for me when Berman goes.
I liked Mayock too, but man he didn’t exactly get it done when he got his chance!

Really, for these draft guys, it’s about communication/entertainment skill more than actually getting the draft right.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
D_H

Post by D_H »

I thought he said he was going to retire if Jimmy Clausen didn’t end up being a star? Haha

Seriously how did he get to be Mel? He has no background in football.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

D_H wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:14 am I thought he said he was going to retire if Jimmy Clausen didn’t end up being a star? Haha

No doubt! Mel is no smarter than any of us here (well, most of us here) and he gets paid to make his opinions! It's a good gig. I am in the mindset that the Vikes HAVE to draft a QB in round 1, no questions asked. What we need to remember is that the best option is that whoever we get will greatly benefit by sitting on the sidelines the entire season ahead and try to soak it all in so they'd be ready to go guns a blazin year 2. That's a lot of patience required by us fans, especially if we end up dealing away 3 number 1 picks. Got to be done though, got to be done.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Hornets wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:21 am
D_H wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:14 am I thought he said he was going to retire if Jimmy Clausen didn’t end up being a star? Haha

No doubt! Mel is no smarter than any of us here (well, most of us here) and he gets paid to make his opinions! It's a good gig. I am in the mindset that the Vikes HAVE to draft a QB in round 1, no questions asked. What we need to remember is that the best option is that whoever we get will greatly benefit by sitting on the sidelines the entire season ahead and try to soak it all in so they'd be ready to go guns a blazin year 2. That's a lot of patience required by us fans, especially if we end up dealing away 3 number 1 picks. Got to be done though, got to be done.
Depends on what you mean by "smarter". Kiper was smart enough to be an early draft publisher and smart enough to create a brand that has been viable for decades now. I have no clue what his income is, but I am sure it is substantial, and he gets paid by talking about the NFL draft. Nice gig.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Literally, almost 80% of us could do as well as Kiper if we got paid to go to the combine and watch film on dudes year round.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

I want Drake Maye. I’d love Williams or Daniels, but I think KOC can make something out of Maye.

Trading 3 1st round picks isn’t the end of the world.

All the hype is us trading up to #3 for Maye. All the stars are pointing toward it.

Throw Bradbury in to sweeten the deal. :lol:
Last edited by cunningham on Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:20 pm Literally, almost 80% of us could do as well as Kiper if we got paid to go to the combine and watch film on dudes year round.
But you would have needed to think of this 40 years ago. You didn't. He did.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

mlhouse wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:58 pm
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:20 pm Literally, almost 80% of us could do as well as Kiper if we got paid to go to the combine and watch film on dudes year round.
But you would have needed to think of this 40 years ago. You didn't. He did.
Right.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Sportsrgreat

Post by Sportsrgreat »

For the love of god, let’s not Christian Ponder this draft!