Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Nick Mullens could be exaclty what the Broncos need

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
William Munny

Nick Mullens could be exaclty what the Broncos need

Post by William Munny »

:lol: Image the glorious disaster that Mullins would be in Mile High slinging the rock for 450 a game with 3 picks. Payton would have a cardiac moment.
Adding someone like Nick Mullens could be exaclty what the Broncos need if they don't end up drafting a quarterback this spring. Denver is not expected to be the least bit good. If the Broncos were to be bad enough to be picking in the top eight next year, they are more likely to be in a position to get their guy of the future. If Mullens plays up to his potential, he could improve his overall stock.
With the money being about equal, this is a low-key trade that helps set both teams up for success.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/a- ... 9c2e&ei=13
mlhouse

Re: Nick Mullens could be exaclty what the Broncos need

Post by mlhouse »

I saw that too. There could be a trade of Mullens plus a 7th for a 6th trade but that isn't even worth writing about.

Mullens has a $2.230 million cap hit for the Vikings with just $375,000 in dead cap if they released him. Depending on what happens in the draft, Mullens is likely to be cut by the VIkings and the Broncos can pick him up for minimum costs. A trade would not cost them much though, either salary or asset wise so if they really wanted him they could get him.
Señor Trumpo

Post by Señor Trumpo »

mlhouse wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:47 pm I saw that too. There could be a trade of Mullens plus a 7th for a 6th trade but that isn't even worth writing about.

Mullens has a $2.230 million cap hit for the Vikings with just $375,000 in dead cap if they released him. Depending on what happens in the draft, Mullens is likely to be cut by the VIkings and the Broncos can pick him up for minimum costs. A trade would not cost them much though, either salary or asset wise so if they really wanted him they could get him.
If I'm the Vikings I keep 3 QB's on the roster this year. I'd rather have Mullens in the QB room to help with understanding the playbook since Darnold hasn't played in KOC's system yet.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Señor Trumpo wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:20 pm
mlhouse wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:47 pm I saw that too. There could be a trade of Mullens plus a 7th for a 6th trade but that isn't even worth writing about.

If I'm the Vikings I keep 3 QB's on the roster this year. I'd rather have Mullens in the QB room to help with understanding the playbook since Darnold hasn't played in KOC's system yet.
Darnold - bridge starter
Hall - future backup
Maye/Mccarthy/Penix - future starter

Mullens: Extraneous

Maybe Hall makes the PS and you keep Mullens, but I doubt it.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov