Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official Twins @ Billy Ripken thread***

A place to discuss the MN Twins
feekdogg

Re: ***Official Twins @ Billy Ripken thread***

Post by feekdogg »

D_H wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:26 pm
feekdogg wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:20 pm Pile it on, Baltimore. Let's get these assholes fired before May.
It’s on ownership
It's all of it. The manager's a timid little church mouse. They might be bettwr if they spent more money, but the free agents Falvey has signed have been largely worthless. 30 millikn for Vazquez. 11 million for Gallo. 5.5 for Santana. And the pitching they've signed is even worse.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

1-2-3 inning!!

Here we goooo!!

Just gotta bat around with everyone hitting a home run.

Back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back home runs and they got this!
My body, my choice.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

jeffers and AK with back to back hits. jeffers is 11 for his last 21.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Oh goody. Thielbar coming in to save the day!
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

feekdogg wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:05 pm Oh goody. Thielbar coming in to save the day!
these are the only type of games he should be in. this tailspin started with him.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Buxton gonna be good now after crashing into the wall? Or does he see everyone else on the IL and decide he'd like to join them?
My body, my choice.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

perfect game for caleb. that hit doesn't matter tonight. let him finish the game.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

every oriole player has scored one run. none have scored two. yet.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

So the guy currently pitching for the Twins, Jay Jackson....

Did Cory say he's 36 and the first year he made an opening day roster was 2024?
My body, my choice.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:31 pm So the guy currently pitching for the Twins, Jay Jackson....

Yup. He's basically a career minor leaguer/played in Japan too.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

feekdogg wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:36 pm
LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:31 pm So the guy currently pitching for the Twins, Jay Jackson....

Yup. He's basically a career minor leaguer/played in Japan too.
Sounds like a guy "hey, we need a bench rider, you wanna come sit in the bull pen for mop up roles?"

Wish I could land that position
My body, my choice.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

willi castro is 5-45 this year with 23 strikeouts.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Nick Nelson
@NickNelsonMN
Rocco Baldelli said on Saturday night that he hoped the doubleheader sweep would be an "inflection point" for his lifeless club. Since then they've blown an 8th-inning lead in Detroit, and looked totally non-competitive in Baltimore. On their way to a 10th loss in 14 games.
SKOLMN

Post by SKOLMN »

Seriously, if you’re someone like buxton or Lopez how do you keep a straight face and show up to work day in and day out on a team like this with ownership like this? If you’re Correa or Lewis why would you rush your rehab to come back to this train wreck? I’d milk it as long as I could to stay away from this dumpster fire. It’s flat out embarassing ownership assembled this pitching staff in the offseason and believed they’d contend. It’s insulting. The fans need to take a note from the athletics fans and protest during the games instead of attending.
R403

Post by R403 »

SKOLMN wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:53 pm Seriously, if you’re someone like buxton or Lopez how do you keep a straight face and show up to work day in and day out on a team like this with ownership like this? If you’re Correa or Lewis why would you rush your rehab to come back to this train wreck? I’d milk it as long as I could to stay away from this dumpster fire. It’s flat out embarassing ownership assembled this pitching staff in the offseason and believed they’d contend. It’s insulting. The fans need to take a note from the athletics fans and protest during the games instead of attending.
Great post
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

R403 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:30 pm
SKOLMN wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:53 pm Seriously, if you’re someone like buxton or Lopez how do you keep a straight face and show up to work day in and day out on a team like this with ownership like this? If you’re Correa or Lewis why would you rush your rehab to come back to this train wreck? I’d milk it as long as I could to stay away from this dumpster fire. It’s flat out embarassing ownership assembled this pitching staff in the offseason and believed they’d contend. It’s insulting. The fans need to take a note from the athletics fans and protest during the games instead of attending.
Great post
No doubt!

Seriously though, this is shaping up to be just like the Vikings and Wild’s seasons. Play yourself out of the playoffs in the first month, play much better although not great the remainder of the season (in the Vikings case until Kirk went down at least) to get back into the playoff mix, but ultimately come up short. Even with the injuries it is stunning just how punchless this offense is. Even in this era how can a MLB team be hitting under .200 3 weeks into the season?

They obviously won’t do it, but they should just shitcan Rocco now and bring in someone else while the season is still salvageable. Wild did this and for the most part it worked but they waited til the season was six weeks old to finally pull the trigger. Had they done it earlier they maybe make the playoffs. The Twins shouldn’t make the same mistake. Do it now.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

1. Julien 2B
2. Jeffers C
3. Buxton DH
4. Kirilloff RF
5. Miranda 1B
6. Larnach LF
7. Martin CF
8. Castro, W SS
9. Farmer, K 3B

Lopez vs. Somebody. Orioles don't know yet. Don't think they care. Probably won't matter.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

“We’re not playing good baseball. Today, we weren’t close to winning the game,” manager Rocco Baldelli said. “We have to pitch better, we have to play better defensively and play crisper, sharper baseball, and we have to have better at-bats.”
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Rocco also mentioned the team's inability to get an early lead. Teams pouncing first and it looks like the team just feels deflated.
D_H

Post by D_H »

Pablo Lopez career record 40 wins 41 losses. Arraez a lifetime 324 hitter. I’m still trying to figure out why we made this trade.

NEVER trade a HOF caliber every day player for a guy that plays once every five days, especially if he’s only a 500 pitcher
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

No runs through 5 innings against a guy who last pitched in the majors in 2017!
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

real good start from pablo against these orioles--but he gave up another lead off HR and the way the twins are playing that could be enough. austin martin makes a play to get him out of the sixth unscathed.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

austin martin drives in margot. game is tied and this guy shouldn't be going back to st paul anytime soon.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

kyle farmer gets a two out hit and the twins have the lead 2-1.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

rocco thinks okert is a leverage pitcher? fuck that. leave lopez out there for one more inning and then turn it over to stewart and jax.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Lopez only had retired 12 in a row. Not like he was on a roll ir anything.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

feekdogg wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:05 pm Lopez only had retired 12 in a row. Not like he was on a roll ir anything.
18 of 19. if anybody deserved to give up the tying run it was pablo. robo rocco thought different. okert isn't a leverage pitcher. at least not against baltimore. it doesn't take much managing skill to send lopez out for the seventh.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

jax puts the exclamation point on this series sweep.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Fire sale time? Can we fire the Pohlad's yet?
Let's get Tropical