Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official Twins @ Billy Ripken thread***

A place to discuss the MN Twins
SKOLMN

Re: ***Official Twins @ Billy Ripken thread***

Post by SKOLMN »

I’m so over the pohlads, this team is a trainwreck
Phil Leotardo

Post by Phil Leotardo »

SKOLMN wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:41 pm I’m so over the pohlads, this team is a trainwreck
Between lying about, or at least failing to succeed in having a streaming option, and their vow to cut payroll, they really managed to kill any positive PR last season's mini playoff run earned them.
That's right cocksucker! Go back to New Jersey!
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

three hit night for miranda. so there's something positive. santana hits into the double play. 1-4 so he raised his average a bunch tonight.

sad, really.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

at least tweeter ted acknowledged miranda's night. too early for him to say that he had a wrong take on him though.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

I was against putting Varland back in the rotation the minute it happened. Guy failed there last year, was absolutely lights out when put in a relief role, and now is pooping his pants back as a starter. Shame on Falvine for thinking they could just simply put Louie back as a starter to replace Sonny or Kenta....shame on them.

PS- Wallner ain't happenin
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Hornets wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:23 am I was against putting Varland back in the rotation the minute it happened. Guy failed there last year, was absolutely lights out when put in a relief role, and now is pooping his pants back as a starter. Shame on Falvine for thinking they could just simply put Louie back as a starter to replace Sonny or Kenta....shame on them.

PS- Wallner ain't happenin
he's learning on the job. if he fails he can always go back to pitching relief. the orioles are a good hitting team. julien error and a couple of 0-2 pitches that had too much of the plate or that could have been a borderline quality start. the twins have bigger issues at the plate right now then worrying about one fifth of their starting rotation.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Luckily Larnach's turf toe healed up a little quicker than anticipated. Wallner has been demoted.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

As Cedric Mullins trotted around the bases, Louie Varland paced. And paced.

And then he appeared to yell angrily into his glove. Varland’s frustration simmered over after Mullins got ahold of a 2-1 cutter and sent it out into right field for a two-run home run. Those two runs were the fifth and sixth Varland gave up in his five innings as part of the Twins’ 7-4 loss to Baltimore on Monday night at Oriole Park at Camden Yards.

“It was moreso just letting the team down,” Varland said of the frustration.

It was a difficult day — particularly with two strikes — from the outset for Varland against one of baseball’s best lineups, and he was hurt early by the Twins’ infield defense when Edouard Julien was unable to turn what should have been an inning-ending double play in the first inning.

That kept the inning alive long enough for the Orioles (10-6) to put a couple of runs on the board on a Jordan Westburg double that came with two strikes. Baltimore tacked on another pair of runs in the third inning off Varland, and they added two more on Mullins’ big swing two innings later.

“Not leaving the zone with two strikes is an issue right now,” Varland said. “I need to be better at it. I’m letting the team down, and it’s a bad feeling.”
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

For Varland, it was the second straight start that he has given up six runs. To date this season, the St. Paulite has allowed 13 earned runs in 14 innings over three starts.

But despite the results, the Twins have been pleased with his stuff — it’s more a matter of his execution.

“Lou’s stuff was good tonight. I think he had actually pretty good feel for what he was doing. He threw the ball well, and that’s why it can be frustrating,” manager Rocco Baldelli said. “It’s multiple starts in a row where he threw the ball reasonably well but needs to make better pitches when he gets to two strikes. Those pitches that are in the middle of the zone, those are not quality pitches.”
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Minnesota Twins
4th AL Central | 6-9
Batting Avg
30th
.194 AVG
Runs
28th
53 R
Earned Runs Avg
10th
3.72 ERA
WHIP
10th
1.23 WHIP
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

1. Julien 2B
2. Jeffers DH
3. Kirilloff 1B
4. Buxton CF
5. Larnach LF
6. Miranda 3B
7. Castro, W SS
8. Margot RF
9. Vázquez C

Paddack vs. Grayson Rodriguez

Fire Baldummy
PurpleValhalla

Post by PurpleValhalla »

Correa's injury won't keep him out as long as we thought
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Seems like just last week someone said it was time for Wallner to be gone and Larnach's time to shine.
My body, my choice.
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

weimy froob wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:58 am As Cedric Mullins trotted around the bases, Louie Varland paced. And paced.

And then he appeared to yell angrily into his glove. Varland’s frustration simmered over after Mullins got ahold of a 2-1 cutter and sent it out into right field for a two-run home run. Those two runs were the fifth and sixth Varland gave up in his five innings as part of the Twins’ 7-4 loss to Baltimore on Monday night at Oriole Park at Camden Yards.

“It was moreso just letting the team down,” Varland said of the frustration.

It was a difficult day — particularly with two strikes — from the outset for Varland against one of baseball’s best lineups, and he was hurt early by the Twins’ infield defense when Edouard Julien was unable to turn what should have been an inning-ending double play in the first inning.

That kept the inning alive long enough for the Orioles (10-6) to put a couple of runs on the board on a Jordan Westburg double that came with two strikes. Baltimore tacked on another pair of runs in the third inning off Varland, and they added two more on Mullins’ big swing two innings later.

“Not leaving the zone with two strikes is an issue right now,” Varland said. “I need to be better at it. I’m letting the team down, and it’s a bad feeling.”
I appreciate his being accountable. That is getting more and more rare in sports. But he said himself he needs to be better. He'll either do that in the next couple starts or he should find himself back in the pen.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

13 pitches through 2 for Baltimore pitcher guy.

Twins know it's not getaway day?
My body, my choice.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

What was that play Margot?
My body, my choice.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

And then a 2 run bomb.

3-0 and this game is over.
My body, my choice.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Orioles have an outstanding young core, and there's more highly touted guys still coming.
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

Gunnar is killing us.
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

feekdogg wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:03 pm Orioles have an outstanding young core, and there's more highly touted guys still coming.
Yeah, they have finally put it all together and really could contend this year.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Sidewinder2k2 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:05 pm
feekdogg wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:03 pm Orioles have an outstanding young core, and there's more highly touted guys still coming.
Yeah, they have finally put it all together and really could contend this year.
They did something unheard of: They took a big step forward last year, but knew they needed more pitching, so they went out and traded for an ace.
I didn't know you could do that.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Paddock serving up some batting practice.
My body, my choice.
D_H

Post by D_H »

AWESOME!! Keep on losing hopefully no one is showing up at the yard in June, July, and August & ownership finally gets the message. Fucking lowlife crooks.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Pile it on, Baltimore. Let's get these assholes fired before May.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

twins on their way to a three game losing streak. that doubleheader sweep feels like it was a long time ago. they run into a good lineup and paddack looks a lot worse than louie did--and louie gave up six runs in 4 and two-thirds. twins feel like they're not even close to this young orioles team with the lineup they're putting out there.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

feekdogg wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:20 pm Pile it on, Baltimore. Let's get these assholes fired before May.
You think they'd fire Rocco?

I contend he's a yes man to the front office, and I doubt they'd fire him to risk bringing in someone that wouldn't manage like they want (analytics).

Or are you saying fire the front office as well?
My body, my choice.
D_H

Post by D_H »

feekdogg wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:20 pm Pile it on, Baltimore. Let's get these assholes fired before May.
It’s on ownership
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

I think the Twins need to go back to the polished batting helmets.
My body, my choice.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

buxton hits a two out triple. wheels working.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

So they're just letting Paddack pad that ERA, eh?
My body, my choice.