Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official Suns vs. Wolves Play Off Thread***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
twolves31

Re: ***Official Suns vs. Wolves Play Off Thread***

Post by twolves31 »

A few weeks ago, very few here were worried about playing Phoenix on here, all I kept seeing was I don't want the Lakers and the refs, I don't want Zion Williams and the Pelican's, The Mavericks are hot I don't want them. We had to play someone, we just so happened to get the one team that smacked us down every time they played us. If we are good team, and we are this is where Finch designs a week worth of gameplans for us to succeed. Note that Grayson Allen did just sign a big contract and sometimes after getting paid a player can lose just a little bit of that edge they were playing with trying to secure that big pay day
MolluskVonMuskie

Post by MolluskVonMuskie »

DonaldDouchebag wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:02 am
BBG wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:57 am
DonaldDouchebag wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:35 am Setting up to be an epic dome-pumping for our favorite squad.

The Wolves are going to win the series, I'll tell you that right now.

write it down, take a picture, and remember it

All the bandwagon wolves fans can jump off right now

guys are laying it on the line
The Wolves better be literally loading up pumps and joints with silencers to murder Devin Booker before the game or they're gonna get smoked.
Booker always seems to get psyched to dominate his good buddy Karls team. I have only seen Karl come to play 2 or 3 times against Booker since he came to the league. Other than those couple of times Booker has destroyed the Wolves. Hopefully one of their Big 3 gets a hangnail and misses 5 games.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

MolluskVonMuskie wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:08 pm
BBG wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:57 am

The Wolves are going to win the series, I'll tell you that right now.

write it down, take a picture, and remember it

All the bandwagon wolves fans can jump off right now

guys are laying it on the line
The Wolves better be literally loading up pumps and joints with silencers to murder Devin Booker before the game or they're gonna get smoked.
Booker always seems to get psyched to dominate his good buddy Karls team. I have only seen Karl come to play 2 or 3 times against Booker since he came to the league. Other than those couple of times Booker has destroyed the Wolves. Hopefully one of their Big 3 gets a hangnail and misses 5 games.
Booker averages under his career average against the Wolves, so it just feels like he dominated. he averages 23.9 in his career against the wolves, and 24.2 total
this year he scored 22ppg in the 3 games, but 27 for the season. he just a pure scorer so scores 20+ against everyone.
If you want to know who he dominates, he scored 52 against the Pels twice this season lol.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

My kid got his blacked out Naz Fan license plates today. Hopefully that doesn't kill Naz's vibe.
My body, my choice.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

twolves31 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:43 am A few weeks ago, very few here were worried about playing Phoenix on here, all I kept seeing was I don't want the Lakers and the refs, I don't want Zion Williams and the Pelican's, The Mavericks are hot I don't want them. We had to play someone, we just so happened to get the one team that smacked us down every time they played us. If we are good team, and we are this is where Finch designs a week worth of gameplans for us to succeed. Note that Grayson Allen did just sign a big contract and sometimes after getting paid a player can lose just a little bit of that edge they were playing with trying to secure that big pay day
unless in the unlikely event of getting the kings there was going to be angst in wolvesnation whoever they played. even the warriors would have been a concern. if you can't get past the suns you were pretenders anyways. my goal for this season was seeing them win their first playoff series and everything would be gravy after that. still greedy for more--but at least they got one. hopefully that happens.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

boxter432 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:25 pm
Booker averages under his career average against the Wolves, so it just feels like he dominated. he averages 23.9 in his career against the wolves, and 24.2 total
this year he scored 22ppg in the 3 games, but 27 for the season. he just a pure scorer so scores 20+ against everyone.
If you want to know who he dominates, he scored 52 against the Pels twice this season lol.
it feels like booker controls the game--and that's been a formula for suns success. winners of 10 straight over the wolves.
PanicWolf

Post by PanicWolf »

Wolves in 6 how about that?
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

1. they need to watch more gorilla fighting vids
2. they need someone to glue themselves to the court
3. limit turnovers
twolves31

Post by twolves31 »

PanicWolf wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:39 pm Wolves in 6 how about that?
I feel like the two most likely outcomes are, in this next week watching film we figure out how to slow Phoenix down and beat them in 6, or we don't and we lose in 6.
MolluskVonMuskie

Post by MolluskVonMuskie »

boxter432 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:25 pm
Yeah I don't know if career averages tell the whole story with Booker and the Wolves. As Weimy said, it seems like Booker just controls the game when he plays us. Whether it be assists, timely passes, good D, clutch shots, etc. Just seems like he has that extra gear to kick our asses. I assume it is the rivalry with his Boy that gets him motivated. Hopefully KAT finds the same motivation in this series because we know ANT will.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

i'll put this here. rudy getting real before the playoffs.

salamander

Post by salamander »

My predictions:
-Wolves get shit stomped by the Suns
-KAT plays like shit in the playoffs (again)
-Fans and media make excuses for KAT (again)

Hope I'm wrong and if I am, I'll be glad I'm wrong.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Abe Froman
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Abe Froman »

We can beat them, but this team needs to get disciplined again. Probably more disciplined than at any point during the season. If they start to play like they can, they can beat them in the series. This is a huge test for them, but if they do it, there's no reason why they couldn't win it all this season.
I made this!
A$$MAN

Post by A$$MAN »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:19 pm We can beat them, but this team needs to get disciplined again. Probably more disciplined than at any point during the season. If they start to play like they can, they can beat them in the series. This is a huge test for them, but if they do it, there's no reason why they couldn't win it all this season.
If we can keep our turnovers to around 10-12 per game, and we are allowed to play physical defense, we win this series. Those are going to be the keys to our playoff success (or failure).
PanicWolf

Post by PanicWolf »

It’s the fucking turnovers man. When they are all taking turns coughing it up I turn into Jack Torrance.
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:28 pm My kid got his blacked out Naz Fan license plates today. Hopefully that doesn't kill Naz's vibe.
Oh yeah. I'm sure some suburban kid's license plate will have a huge effect on Naz Reid's vibe.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
BuDG123

Post by BuDG123 »

Beals is +93 against Ant this year, Ant is -73 in those games. Avg 14.3..time to make them pay for the aggressive, fouling D..
Clubhouseleader

Post by Clubhouseleader »

The league/refs will 100% decide this series.
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

Clubhouseleader wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:44 pm The league/refs will 100% decide this series.
If the team allows them to get in their heads they will.
I made this!
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:27 pm
Clubhouseleader wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:44 pm The league/refs will 100% decide this series.
That's gonna be the issue.
My body, my choice.
Abe Froman

Post by Abe Froman »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:58 pm
Abe Froman wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:27 pm
That's gonna be the issue.
I know...
I made this!
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Suns in 4.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

flexbuffchest wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:42 am
Lightning wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:13 am Image
:o we bringing back the dolphins for the play offs?

Phillo needs to get in here now
Agreed, we need our old talismans, tributes, and prayers made to the old gods.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Slap Shot wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:23 pm Suns in 4.
I don't think it'll be in four, but I don't know if it'll be S/S/S/W/S or S/S/W/S/S.

But since it's +4300 for the first option and +5500 for the second, I might throw $100 at each option.

Gonna have my kid check again tonight to see what the odds are.

Just don't know which game the Suns will take off.

It was only +900 for a Suns sweep last night.
My body, my choice.
witljon

Post by witljon »

I don’t know if the Wolves are as good as their record. It seemed like we had a lot of games this season where the other team was missing some good players.
Last edited by witljon on Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:59 pm
I don't think it'll be in four, but I don't know if it'll be S/S/S/W/S or S/S/W/S/S.

But since it's +4300 for the first option and +5500 for the second, I might throw $100 at each option.

S/W/S/S/S

Suns in 5. Take this and PROFIT.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

Wolves in 7.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

BuDG123 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:33 pm Image

Beals is +93 against Ant this year, Ant is -73 in those games. Avg 14.3..time to make them pay for the aggressive, fouling D..
We are the bigger team. We should want the refs to let stuff go. That’s to our advantage, if we take it.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

I'm a little disappointed at many of the comments here. This is a Wolves team with the 2nd best record in franchise history and it seems as if few here give them a chance against the Suns....c'mon, keep the faith and LET'S GO WOLVES!!!!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
salamander

Post by salamander »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:59 pm

Sun's in 5?
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.