Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official Suns vs. Wolves Play Off Thread***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
flexbuffchest

***Official Suns vs. Wolves Play Off Thread***

Post by flexbuffchest »

We gonna light these dookie ass desert boys up.

Believe that

“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
witljon

Re: ***Official Suns vs. Wolves Play Off Thread***

Post by witljon »

I bet the Wolves will be underdogs.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

it was either going to be the suns or the lakers. pick your poison--it might as well be the suns.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

weimy froob wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:12 am it was either going to be the suns or the lakers. pick your poison--it might as well be the suns.
I think the Nuggets would be the last team I'd want to play in the opening round.. Suns next... tough matchup with their starting 5.. this has the makings of a 7 gamer if the Wolves pull it off.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

weimy froob wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:24 am
Wasn't that Ants rookie year?

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:25 am
weimy froob wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:12 am it was either going to be the suns or the lakers. pick your poison--it might as well be the suns.
I think the Nuggets would be the last team I'd want to play in the opening round.. Suns next... tough matchup with their starting 5.. this has the makings of a 7 gamer if the Wolves pull it off.
it looks tough. their losing streak, their play in the desert this year, their play at home for weeks. it feels that booker is in control of these games--and that isn't good. that said, it's time for Ant to shine. KAT needs to play smart. bull rushes aren't going to get the job done--but spot up threes might. Naz has to take care of the ball better too while hitting his threes as well.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

i'm also going to add that i didn't like a laker series either. they've been playing as well as anybody for the last three weeks or so--and i'm putting some faith in finch to be able to make the adjustments to make these games competitive.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

Ant needs to keep his sh*t together. I know he wants some payback on Beal, but one more tech and he's gone for a game.

That said, he needs to channel his inner MJ and impose his will on old ass KD. Championships aren't given, they are taken.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

They are a team we haven't consistently defended. In our second game this year, they only scored 97 - but the other two were BAD. We are a team with a defensive rating of (I think) around 108 ppg allowed. And the Suns this year averaged 118 against us. We've scored an average of 103 against them. So the games haven't been close - and it's odd that they have been such an Achilles heel for us. This last loss is coming shortly after League MVP Nikola Jokic uses part of his post game presser to talk about how tough it is to play us and to get into a rhythm offensively. It seems to be no problem for the Suns. That coupled with our inability to score against them (103 ppg) when they aren't any sort of defensive juggernaut - idk, it's like they are our kryptonite.

One thing for certain - we can't be so foolishly free and easy with the ball and with our passes. 24 last night - 5 each for KAT and Ant, but also Naz with 4, and Mike and Jaden 3 apiece. That's just such horseshit ball control - and it led to Phoenix getting off 16 more shots than we did. Can't win with that kind of disparity unless the other team is stone cold. With as many shot makers as that team has, that's just not going to happen. To be competitive with the Suns we are simply going to have to treat the ball with more regard.

Sorry folks - but I'm being generous in predicting we go down in 6 games.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Mplsfonz wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:42 am Ant needs to keep his sh*t together. I know he wants some payback on Beal, but one more tech and he's gone for a game.

That said, he needs to channel his inner MJ and impose his will on old ass KD. Championships aren't given, they are taken.
That whole tech suspension thing gets erased for the playoffs, so he'll be fine there. The rest...we shall see.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

here's the defensive rating. i thought i saw someone post that the suns defense was 4th best for awhile now. i don't think i'm imagining that--pretty sure i saw that somewhere. the turnovers yesterday were pathetic. bottom line is they have to play much better than they have in the first three games against the suns. i feel that booker's the reason why the suns offense has looked so smooth. the wolves offense has had a herky-jerky look to it in both of these last two games against them. i'm not even going to mention the first game in november. that beat down had me worried about this team for months. at least finch knows that he has to do something to get this team to compete--and i think they'd have had their hands full against lebron and AD too. it just wasn't going to be an easy first round. even if they won yesterday and they somehow ended up with the number one seed they probably would have ended up playing the suns or the lakers. those two would have played in one play-in game and the loser would have a home game to be the eighth seed.

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

SHAFA wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:59 am
Mplsfonz wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:42 am Ant needs to keep his sh*t together. I know he wants some payback on Beal, but one more tech and he's gone for a game.

That whole tech suspension thing gets erased for the playoffs, so he'll be fine there. The rest...we shall see.
very good. Ant cutting it close. i'm sure he knew where the line was drawn. still--knock that shit off next year.
A$$MAN

Post by A$$MAN »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:47 am They are a team we haven't consistently defended. In our second game this year, they only scored 97 - but the other two were BAD. We are a team with a defensive rating of (I think) around 108 ppg allowed. And the Suns this year averaged 118 against us. We've scored an average of 103 against them. So the games haven't been close - and it's odd that they have been such an Achilles heel for us. This last loss is coming shortly after League MVP Nikola Jokic uses part of his post game presser to talk about how tough it is to play us and to get into a rhythm offensively. It seems to be no problem for the Suns. That coupled with our inability to score against them (103 ppg) when they aren't any sort of defensive juggernaut - idk, it's like they are our kryptonite.

One thing for certain - we can't be so foolishly free and easy with the ball and with our passes. 24 last night - 5 each for KAT and Ant, but also Naz with 4, and Mike and Jaden 3 apiece. That's just such horseshit ball control - and it led to Phoenix getting off 16 more shots than we did. Can't win with that kind of disparity unless the other team is stone cold. With as many shot makers as that team has, that's just not going to happen. To be competitive with the Suns we are simply going to have to treat the ball with more regard.

Sorry folks - but I'm being generous in predicting we go down in 6 games.
The problem is, this is exactly who we are...we are going to turn the ball over. We've been commenting on this ALL season and nothing has changed. Even when it's apparent to everyone this is our Achilles heel. This team is just unwilling to take care off the basketball.

We are a team built on defense so I've never understood the finch comments after games when he'll say, "we need to play faster." This statement usually follows a loss where, no surprise, we've turned the ball over a ton. Why would we want to play faster? The game just gets more sloppy for us and we can't keep up offensively with a lot of these teams we could be seeing in the playoffs so why give them more possessions?

We need to focus on grinding out wins and wearing people down...not getting into run and gun 3-pt contests. That's a recipe for disaster, especially against the Suns.
kilkenny

Post by kilkenny »

Figures we'd be up against one of the hardest opponents in the first round for us. They have our number. What they should have done was beat this friggin team yesterday! We are the Wolves though. We don't make things easy.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

SHAFA wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:59 am

Good. Then he should be pissed come PO time.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

kilkenny wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:16 am Figures we'd be up against one of the hardest opponents in the first round for us. They have our number. What they should have done was beat this friggin team yesterday! We are the Wolves though. We don't make things easy.
they win yesterday and they're still going to be facing the suns or the lakers.
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

Setting up to be an epic dome-pumping for our favorite squad.

Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
BBG

Post by BBG »

DonaldDouchebag wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:35 am Setting up to be an epic dome-pumping for our favorite squad.

The Wolves are going to win the series, I'll tell you that right now.

write it down, take a picture, and remember it

All the bandwagon wolves fans can jump off right now

guys are laying it on the line
Original Member of The Balcony Club
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

weimy froob wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:01 am here's the defensive rating. i thought i saw someone post that the suns defense was 4th best for awhile now. i don't think i'm imagining that--pretty sure i saw that somewhere.
That did sound familiar. I looked back at their last ten/twenty games and tried to calculate it myself since the metric is just points per 100 possessions. Figured total shot attempts + turnovers would get close enough to total possessions.

Previous 10: opponents had 993 possessions for 1063 points. 1063/9.93 = 107.04
Previous 20: opponents had 1998 possessions for 2204 points. 2204/19.98 = 110.3
Day1_A1

Post by Day1_A1 »

BBG wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:57 am
DonaldDouchebag wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:35 am Setting up to be an epic dome-pumping for our favorite squad.

Preach my man!

Everyone freaking out about yesterday….
Do you think Finchy is going to give his game plan away for seeding purposes? This team is the best in franchise history. Let’s take this thing!
Lightning

Post by Lightning »

Of course it is, with that attitude.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Day1_A1 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:32 am

Preach my man!

Everyone freaking out about yesterday….
Do you think Finchy is going to give his game plan away for seeding purposes? This team is the best in franchise history. Let’s take this thing!
i'm putting a lot of stock in that way of thinking too right now. that's how you find the hope against a team that's won 10 straight against them. even if they won there was going to be a real good chance they'd have faced the suns--might as well try to win yesterday's game with the old game plan. now we'll get to see soon enough if that was a warranted thought.
DonaldDouchebag

Lightning wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:42 am

:lol:

Yeah, because my shit attitude is going to make or break this playoff series. Wtljon, is this you?
DonaldDouchebag

The Wolves better be literally loading up pumps and joints with silencers to murder Devin Booker before the game or they're gonna get smoked.
Lightning

Post by Lightning »

"I ask Karlito to come, take fear from 3PT Shots"

Lightning

Post by Lightning »

flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

DonaldDouchebag wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:01 am
Lightning wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:42 am

:lol:

Yeah, because my shit attitude is going to make or break this playoff series. Wtljon, is this you?
I just called Finchy, he Said the players don't want to get their dome pumped. The players are ready and focused.

He promised to more CTE ball

flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Lightning wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:13 am Image
:o we bringing back the dolphins for the play offs?

Phillo needs to get in here now