Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official Suns @ Timberwolves GDT 14 Apr Official***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Mnwild1128

Re: ***Official Suns @ Timberwolves GDT 14 Apr Official***

Post by Mnwild1128 »

Only way the Wolves win the series is if the Suns have more poor shooting nights than not. Even then, that doesn't mean the Wolves will have won. It just means the Suns will have just lost. And didn't i hear the Suns are 4th in defense since like March 10th or something. We cant stop them. They can only literally shoot themselves out of a game. And we cannot score on them pretty sad considering they do not even play their by far best defender anymore in Okogie.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Alan Horton
@WolvesRadio
Last 30 games Wolves have the 9th best TO rate in NBA -- averaging just 12.4 per game. Tonight in 1st half vs. Suns they've committed 19. It's Wolves most turnovers in a half since at least 02/03.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:54 pm 56-26

I finally got it right!
you're like a broken watch. right twice a day!
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:06 pm I can understand our difficulties guarding them, but I cannot understand why we don’t light them up too. They should not be able to stop us, but they do.
This. Twolves play the Suns and it's like they've got a defensive lineup of ben wallace, KG, pippen, MJ and the Glove. EXCEPT THEY DON'T.

idk. i guess i enjoyed the season. but if the Wolves fans are down on the team as we head into the playoffs, look in the fucking mirror boys. the PR dept will spin this of course - catch a shirt shot from a cannon - into something we're supposed to be excited about it. But everybody and their dead aunt knows we aren't getting thru a series with Phoenix alive.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
twolves31

Post by twolves31 »

Teams that were swept during the regular season, shook it off and beat them in the playoffs.

1998 Bulls vs Jazz (4-2)

2014 Heat vs Nets (2-1)

2020 Bucks vs Magic (4-1)

2017 Warriors vs Jazz (4-0)

2019 Blazers vs OKC (4-1)

2009 Lakers vs Magic (4-1)

2015 Washington vs Raptors (4-0)

2016 Cavs vs Warriors (4-3)

1989 Bulls vs Cavs (3-2)*

2011 Heat vs Bulls (4-1)

The Suns had also won 8 of the past 9 games they had played Dallas before losing to Dallas in the playoffs 2 years ago.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

twolves31 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:10 pm Teams that were swept during the regular season, shook it off and beat them in the playoffs.

1998 Bulls vs Jazz (4-2)

2014 Heat vs Nets (2-1)

2020 Bucks vs Magic (4-1)

2017 Warriors vs Jazz (4-0)

2019 Blazers vs OKC (4-1)

2009 Lakers vs Magic (4-1)

2015 Washington vs Raptors (4-0)

2016 Cavs vs Warriors (4-3)

1989 Bulls vs Cavs (3-2)*

2011 Heat vs Bulls (4-1)

The Suns had also won 8 of the past 9 games they had played Dallas before losing to Dallas in the playoffs 2 years ago.
i think everything changes if/when the wolves play a competitive half of basketball against them. right now nothing's working and it's all going the suns way. they play well for a half and then it's game on. until then it'll be more of the same. one problem is that this booker/suns team is 10-1 in the last 11 games. that dynamic has to change in game one.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Game 1 is going to be sooooo important.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

The odd to thing to me is they aren't that much different than the Clippers in my mind.
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

This WAS our first round game, game 2 in 5 days. Better see some changes.

If GSW can bench Thompson, we can do it with Kat also.
witljon

Post by witljon »

Hornets wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:49 pm Just tuned in...yikes.
Today was worst case scenario.
Everything that could go wrong, did.
Every team we wanted to lose, won and we lost.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

OliverMiller wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:30 pm The odd to thing to me is they aren't that much different than the Clippers in my mind.
My oldest is a huge Clippers fan. He doesn't want the Suns.

Clippers are too old for the Suns. Never beat them he says.
My body, my choice.
A$$MAN

Post by A$$MAN »

All I can say is, fuck Towns. We have a big team, but can't play big because teams like the Suns can just stick Greyson Allen on him and totally take him out of the game. How fucking sad is that?

I said it a few months back, bad losses to shit teams were going to cost us and we would be seeing the Suns in the first round. Well, here we are...my nightmare scenario. We're fucked.
BuDG123

Post by BuDG123 »

When I heard Ant say that he went into a February game “sleep walking” and Anderson had to tell him that he was playing like a scrub for him to pull his head out and start trying harder in the 2nd half. I knew that wasn’t good. The look on Shaq and Charles face said it all when Ant told that story in the post-game interview. Shaq then said “what if he sleepwalks into a big game, and gets behind and they loose. Then what?” This was said at the NBA Today studio when they interviewed Ant after the game, in which we flipped a switch and came back to win. I think the Jordan talk got into Ants head a bit too much in January.

“Then what?” Shaq was right. You don’t win championships flippin switches and coasting into games like this.

From the tip. No 3 ball. No coasting. We are letting other teams set the tone. Why?
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

focker

Post by focker »

After seeing some of yesterday's game and how we've played down the stretch I'm pretty worried about this playoff series...

We need KAT to play his best. Naz has been playing as well lately, nor has Ant. It's an issue.
Top 4 Froob 2021!!!
A$$MAN

Post by A$$MAN »

focker wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:55 am After seeing some of yesterday's game and how we've played down the stretch I'm pretty worried about this playoff series...

We need KAT to play his best. Naz has been playing as well lately, nor has Ant. It's an issue.
Yep, the win-loss record doesn't show it, but we are definitely stumbling into the playoffs.
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

focker wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:55 am After seeing some of yesterday's game and how we've played down the stretch I'm pretty worried about this playoff series...

Hahah! Ya think?!
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Yeah - I was feeling pretty uneasy over the last several games. The Suns game wasn't an outlier.
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

SHAFA wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:43 pm
weimy froob wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:38 pm not even competitive for the third straight game. i'll i've got now is aztimberwolves letting me know that this isn't the real suns team--and we'll see that one in the playoffs.
:lol:
Whos laughing now clown??????
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

aztimberwolves wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:45 pm
weimy froob wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:38 pm not even competitive for the third straight game. i'll i've got now is aztimberwolves letting me know that this isn't the real suns team--and we'll see that one in the playoffs.
Whos laughing now clown??????
I hate being right….not.
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:42 pm
OliverMiller wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:30 pm The odd to thing to me is they aren't that much different than the Clippers in my mind.
My oldest is a huge Clippers fan. He doesn't want the Suns.

Clippers are too old for the Suns. Never beat them he says.
ummm what?????

Clippers were 3-1 vs Suns this year. They were up 35-4 in a game. The next night the Clippers started their Gleagie team and the Suns BARELY beat them.

Dont know what Clippers team your son is watching. They handled the Suns this year winning by over 15 points average.
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

Gotta love all the knee jerk reactions at the end of this thread. “Might have to bet the house on the Suns”. Hilarious
focker

Post by focker »

aztimberwolves wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:22 pm Gotta love all the knee jerk reactions at the end of this thread. “Might have to bet the house on the Suns”. Hilarious
It really was comical how panicked everyone got... :lol:
Top 4 Froob 2021!!!
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

But but Phoenix is scary!!!

Let’s bet on the sweep for the Suns!!! Smart money!!!

God some god awful takes in this thread. lol

I’m scared of the Lakers, Suns, Pelicans, And Warriors. Like who the fuck are we gonna play 1st round that we aren’t “afraid”
of????
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:57 pm
Mnwild1128 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:58 pm Play-in

Pels vs lakers
Kings vs warriors

Round 1

Clips vs mavs
Wolves vs suns

Okc vs ......?
Nuggets vs .....?
Said this about a month ago… Suns are the worst possible rd #1 matchup.
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

You're welcome for talking you off the ledge. I watched that crap team play ALL year. I knew what I was talking about. Teams' issues in the regular season don't just go away in the postseason. They get MAGNIFIED! I said they don't have chemistry. Yep, saw that. Don't play good defense. Yep, saw that to. Turn the ball over a ton. Yep saw that. Bad coaching, yep saw that. Lack of a PG hurts them in 4th, yep saw that.

As we saw, all those bad qualities are killers in the playoffs. Then lump them all together and its disastrous as we saw.
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

He who laughs last, laughs best.

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

aztimberwolves wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:02 pm
You're welcome for talking you off the ledge. I watched that crap team play ALL year. I knew what I was talking about. Teams' issues in the regular season don't just go away in the postseason. They get MAGNIFIED! I said they don't have chemistry. Yep, saw that. Don't play good defense. Yep, saw that to. Turn the ball over a ton. Yep saw that. Bad coaching, yep saw that. Lack of a PG hurts them in 4th, yep saw that.

As we saw, all those bad qualities are killers in the playoffs. Then lump them all together and its disastrous as we saw.
:lol: i was in your corner until those last two games and then i had my doubts. i said in one of the other threads that until they won a game i'd be concerned with this matchup. they won game one and i got off that ledge. :mrgreen:

great to sweep them out of the playoffs. i liked what durant said about no excuses--and he wasn't going to put the losses on allen being out--but that certainly was a benefit for the wolves. might not have been a sweep if he was able to be healthy, but i'm not going to worry about their problem. not looking back. looking forward--to the next series. :coolio:
A$$MAN

Post by A$$MAN »

Everything you preached was basically spot on. Speaking for myself, I thought the Suns were one of those teams that just fucked around all season and then would turn it on in the playoffs. I was 100% wrong. That team is a disaster with no real way to improve.
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

weimy froob wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:15 pm

:lol: i was in your corner until those last two games and then i had my doubts. i said in one of the other threads that until they won a game i'd be concerned with this matchup. they won game one and i got off that ledge. :mrgreen:

great to sweep them out of the playoffs. i liked what durant said about no excuses--and he wasn't going to put the losses on allen being out--but that certainly was a benefit for the wolves. might not have been a sweep if he was able to be healthy, but i'm not going to worry about their problem. not looking back. looking forward--to the next series. :coolio:
:beer:

I was definitely more concerned after the season ending loss. But I knew the Suns would gift wrap at least 2 games to the Wolves in the playoffs with their weaknesses. I thought we would win in 6.

Oh well, some good natured ribbing. Enjoy the rest of the playoffs Weimy.