Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

A Case For Nix

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Offsides 97 defense

Re: A Case For Nix

Post by Offsides 97 defense »

-VikingsTw- wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:52 am
CB's are scary man, there are some guys that are just flat out studs though. Even after all the crap they went through wasting picks on CB's I was on board with the guy the Chiefs got a few years ago. He was a serial box checker.

I feel like long term you're better suited to get Byron Murphy. You improve the trenches and these guys generally last longer and have staying power.

CB's these days are hurt a lot and don't stay in their prime very long.

Ideally IMO if they pick 11 and 23 one of those guys is a premier prospect in the trenches. CB is without a doubt a need though. You always need 5 or 6 legit guys that can play cause they get hurt way to often.
I agree. I think their bust rate is a little higher, too. Something about Alabama corners gives me confidence though. Flores is nickel-heavy, though, and he gets away with the lack of defensive front studs by being blitz-heavy.

The Vikings have put themselves in a position to move up for the guy they covet or settle for a Penix/Nix dice roll and a day-one defensive starter. Either way, I am satisfied with the direction. They are at least trying. I just hope they hit on a QB.
"Pickett"
"Sir yes sir"
"1800, Engineers, You go out and find mines"
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

witljon wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:08 pm
Slap Shot wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm There's a thread 'making the case' for 3 or 4 QBs now and there doesn't seem to be a #1 consensus in any of them. Kind of indicates that as usual it's a crapshoot.
I could start a thread making a case for Caleb Williams if you want
Well he is still in doubt.
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

Offsides 97 defense wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:35 pm
CB's are scary man, there are some guys that are just flat out studs though. Even after all the crap they went through wasting picks on CB's I was on board with the guy the Chiefs got a few years ago. He was a serial box checker.

I feel like long term you're better suited to get Byron Murphy. You improve the trenches and these guys generally last longer and have staying power.

Ideally IMO if they pick 11 and 23 one of those guys is a premier prospect in the trenches. CB is without a doubt a need though. You always need 5 or 6 legit guys that can play cause they get hurt way to often.
I agree. I think their bust rate is a little higher, too. Something about Alabama corners gives me confidence though. Flores is nickel-heavy, though, and he gets away with the lack of defensive front studs by being blitz-heavy.

The Vikings have put themselves in a position to move up for the guy they covet or settle for a Penix/Nix dice roll and a day-one defensive starter. Either way, I am satisfied with the direction. They are at least trying. I just hope they hit on a QB.

That's how I'm looking at it, if they trade the farm for a QB it is what it is. Trying to add a high ceiling QB prospect is risky yet shows balls and an understanding of how important it is to get a top flight QB to win multiple SB's.
Norn_Iron

Post by Norn_Iron »

cunningham wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:11 pm
Offsides 97 defense wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:47 am

I can't imagine sane Vikings fans would have a problem with this scenario.

I think everyone is sick of this team taking 1st round corners. Every year there are mocks with us taking a first round corner.

We need a quarterback. We've got two firsts. We need to trade up, but not trade away too much of the future.
Holy shit, we should both do the lottery, I actually agree with this post

And i'll add that Flores is blitz heavy so he doesnt need high end CBs. His plan is that the QB doesnt have the time to make the perfect throw.
Self praise is no praise. But i am pretty great...
Offsides 97 defense

-VikingsTw- wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:59 pm

That's how I'm looking at it, if they trade the farm for a QB it is what it is. Trying to add a high ceiling QB prospect is risky yet shows balls and an understanding of how important it is to get a top flight QB to win multiple SB's.
Word is the North Carolina Highway Patrol stopped Drake Maye for a traffic violation last night. Buyer beware!

"Pickett"
"Sir yes sir"
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Offsides 97 defense wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:56 pm
-VikingsTw- wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:59 pm

Word is the North Carolina Highway Patrol stopped Drake Maye for a traffic violation last night. Buyer beware!

I don’t mind if he smokes the devil’s lettuce. Shit… Rodgers does psychedelics.
Offsides 97 defense

Small Hands wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:13 pm

I don’t mind if he smokes the devil’s lettuce. Shit… Rodgers does psychedelics.
I don't care either. Stupid shit is 100% legal in my state now. Advertised everywhere. Which makes no sense to me. This country spent the last forty years stamping out smoking cigarettes, then legalizing this.
"Pickett"
"Sir yes sir"
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Norn_Iron wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:53 pm
cunningham wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:11 pm

I think everyone is sick of this team taking 1st round corners. Every year there are mocks with us taking a first round corner.

We need a quarterback. We've got two firsts. We need to trade up, but not trade away too much of the future.
Holy shit, we should both do the lottery, I actually agree with this post

And i'll add that Flores is blitz heavy so he doesnt need high end CBs. His plan is that the QB doesnt have the time to make the perfect throw.
I think Flores could develop some late rounders. If we can keep next year’s first it would be nice.

Most exciting Vikings draft that I can remember!

To end up with a cornerback would be an ultimate letdown. We need to take a shot at one of these top quarterbacks. We should have taken more in the past.