Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official Timberwolves @ Nuggets GDT 10 Apr Official***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
somuchyummy

***Official Timberwolves @ Nuggets GDT 10 Apr Official***

Post by somuchyummy »

The Timberwolves travel to the MIle High City tonight to take on the Denver Nuggets. Both teams have 55-24 records and sit atop the ferocious Western Conference. Tip off is a late 9 PM.

This will be the final of four square-offs between the teams this season. The Timberwolves have the advantage at 2-1. Both teams will be on the second half of back to backs - both big winners last night against bottom feeders. Minnesota has won 8 of their last ten games - Denver is 7-3 in that same stretch.

The Nuggets are favored by 5.5 points.

Injury Report:

Minnesota - Karl-Anthony Towns and Jaylen Clark are Out.

Denver - Nothing has been submitted to the League office yet, but from the looks of last night's boxscore, the Nuggets are in pretty good shape. Aaron Gordon was Questionable for that game - and wound up sitting out. We'll see if he is back in action tonight. Vlatko Cancar is Out still rehabbing a torn ACL.

Cheers Froobs and Go Timberwolves!
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
somuchyummy

Re: ***Official Timberwolves @ Nuggets GDT 10 Apr Official***

Post by somuchyummy »

I'm not sure this is THAT big of a game in this ultra-deep conference. A big loss might be soul-dampening - so that would be unfortunate, but I'll be okay with whatever the outcome is as long as we play our best and give them hell. The Nuggets know we make a tough opponent - both of their previous losses to us this season came with their main cog and likely repeat NBA MVP Nikola Jokic on the court.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

somuchyummy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:55 am I'm not sure this is THAT big of a game in this ultra-deep conference. A big loss might be soul-dampening - so that would be unfortunate, but I'll be okay with whatever the outcome is as long as we play our best and give them hell. The Nuggets know we make a tough opponent - both of their previous losses to us this season came with their main cog and likely repeat NBA MVP Nikola Jokic on the court.
it's in all probability the game for first place in the conference in the regular season--and the home court advantage for as many playoff rounds that team is in. a nice feather in the cap to be number one in the conference in the regular season too. they don't get much bigger when it comes to regular season games.

much more important to be playing good basketball once the playoffs start though. i'll say that.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Season defining game.

Ok but really. Facing GS, Sac, or the Lakers in round 1 as a #1 seed would be my preference, although we should beat any of those teams currently 6-10 in a series.

Naz should be fresh.

Plus Shams tweeted Towns is suiting up for one or two of these final games. I’m not sure if in Denver is the best spot, but maybe he’ll play tonight.

LFG.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

I know we have the best doctors in the world, but man, that seems really fast.
ChrisPaulGeorgeHill

Post by ChrisPaulGeorgeHill »

I can’t see us winning tonight. Got that feeling we fall behind and won’t be able to catch up in this one.

Murray is back. Gordon is rested. They’ve got Jokic and a Nugget crowd that will treat this like a playoff game.

With confidence I say we lose tonight 118-105.

That said, aside from Sacramento, I think we would have problems against the Lakers, Warriors, Pelicans. Suns would be awful for us.

The likelihood of us drawing a team that wouldn’t exactly be ideal is probable, win or lose tonight.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

ChrisPaulGeorgeHill wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:21 am I can’t see us winning tonight. Got that feeling we fall behind and won’t be able to catch up in this one.

Murray is back. Gordon is rested. They’ve got Jokic and a Nugget crowd that will treat this like a playoff game.

That said, aside from Sacramento, I think we would have problems against the Lakers, Warriors, Pelicans. Suns would be awful for us.

The likelihood of us drawing a team that wouldn’t exactly be ideal is probable, win or lose tonight.
We're going to get trick shot Jokic tonight.

I'm expecting him to hit at least spin around 1 footed fadeaway 3-pointer that he somehow cocks the shot so far back that he is releasing it from behind his neck.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:20 am I know we have the best doctors in the world, but man, that seems really fast.
I'm with you. Somehow that seems too fast. 3-6 months is recommended. What's it been a little over 30 days? Wonder if it's him trying to hard or the FO putting pressure on him. Doesn't seem to be in his best interest to push it too hard, but it's not my career. Also how effective will he be driving to the basket like he clumsily does. Every time he hits the floor eyes will be watching to see if he gets back up.
Him and Naz should split the minutes, KAT doesn't deserve to start right away. IMHO.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

Embiid had his surgery on 2/6 and played in a game on 4/2, so was playing a real game exactly 8 weeks. which still seems early for a giant 30 year old.
we'll see if either decision was a good one short (this years playoffs) and long term for them.
I thought Towns would be round 2 playoffs at best, not regular season.
Abe Froman
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Abe Froman »

Huge game tonight. I'm excited!
I made this!
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Mplsfonz wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:22 am
Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:20 am I know we have the best doctors in the world, but man, that seems really fast.
I'm with you. Somehow that seems too fast. 3-6 months is recommended. What's it been a little over 30 days? Wonder if it's him trying to hard or the FO putting pressure on him. Doesn't seem to be in his best interest to push it too hard, but it's not my career. Also how effective will he be driving to the basket like he clumsily does. Every time he hits the floor eyes will be watching to see if he gets back up.
Him and Naz should split the minutes, KAT doesn't deserve to start right away. IMHO.
I think this accelerated timeline suggests the surgery that was needed want nearly as "bad" as initially thought.

Either way, this may sound odd, but I hope his knee limits him somewhat. I mean that I'm the context that I wish he would drive to the rim less and shoot more 3's. He won't be nearly as effective driving to the rim on a bum knee and he was already very turnover prone doing that. Just camp at the 3 point line and chuck 15 3s a game!

aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

ChrisPaulGeorgeHill wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:21 am I can’t see us winning tonight. Got that feeling we fall behind and won’t be able to catch up in this one.

I have no idea why you’re fearful of the Warriors, or especially the Suns. We waxed the Warriors 4-0 this season. Their time is over and it’s apparent to everybody.

The Suns are AWFUL dude. They flash here and there but there is no way they put together a run in the playoffs. Way too inconsistent and turn the ball over way too much and Zero defensive effort.
Last edited by aztimberwolves on Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

flexbuffchest wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:51 am
Mplsfonz wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:22 am
I think this accelerated timeline suggests the surgery that was needed want nearly as "bad" as initially thought.

Either way, this may sound odd, but I hope his knee limits him somewhat. I mean that I'm the context that I wish he would drive to the rim less and shoot more 3's. He won't be nearly as effective driving to the rim on a bum knee and he was already very turnover prone doing that. Just camp at the 3 point line and chuck 15 3s a game!
i think so. this was a minor meniscus tear--if there is such a thing. i'd also like to see him shoot a bunch of threes and make them at a 40 plus percent clip. that's what the team needs.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

if he plays tonight, I'd just experiment with him when Jokic sits. The only two backup Cs on the team are Jordan and Huff - and Jordan gets most of the PT. He's pretty immobile so KAT hanging out behind the arc could be a good strategy. Lure Jordan out of the paint - and if he doesn't follow, just pop some threes.
twolves31

Post by twolves31 »

We need Jaden to stay out of foul trouble today and really locked in on defense against Murray and or Porter. Denver leaves Jaden wide open often, we really need him to have one of his 4-5 4-6 type 3pt shooting nights.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Not all meniscus tears are created equal. Maybe he got lucky and it sent as significant a tear as others have been.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

twolves31 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:35 pm We need Jaden to stay out of foul trouble today and really locked in on defense against Murray and or Porter. Denver leaves Jaden wide open often, we really need him to have one of his 4-5 4-6 type 3pt shooting nights.
Yeah. And Naz needs a revenge game too. Not against Denver or anything, but against bad basketball karma.

But really, this will come down to how well Rudy does keeping Jokic in relative check (including his battle with him on the glass) and Edwards reprising his heroics of last night. Denver doesn’t guard the rim well either. He should go nuts. Can’t predict 50, but I can say he should get well into the 30s with good efficiency.

Go wolves!
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

Joker will get his, make him work a bit, but absolutely need to focus hard on rebounding bc Gordon feasts on just getting o rebs and put back dunks as he gets off the ground faster than anyone in the league rebounding and put backs. then don't leave Porter open like we did last night or he's going 7/11 from 3.
Lightning
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by Lightning »

This is gonna be another national TV stinker. And with it being a double header, won't start until 9:30. Book it.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

twolves31 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:35 pm We need Jaden to stay out of foul trouble today and really locked in on defense against Murray and or Porter. Denver leaves Jaden wide open often, we really need him to have one of his 4-5 4-6 type 3pt shooting nights.
His confidence is shattered from 3. 1 for 15 last five games. Unlike Ant's slump, he doesn't have that shoot until it falls mentality. Finch is forcing him into a system he just isn't ready for yet. We need him to attack and put pressure on the rim. He will get easy foul calls, and that's one key to winning this game.
I think this is a big game just for the home court. I want all western teams to know they come thru here.
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

KG Voice:

Im loading up my pump, I got my oozie, a couple joints with silencers, grenade launcher, I’m ready for war :beer:

Abe Froman
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Abe Froman »

I'm kinda craving an alcoholic beverage or two with this game tonight... 🤔
I made this!
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:01 pm I'm kinda craving an alcoholic beverage or two with this game tonight... 🤔
I’m already on beer #3.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Ant plays basketball today

T_J

Post by T_J »

aztimberwolves wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:26 pm

I have no idea why you’re fearful of the Warriors, or especially the Suns. We waxed the Warriors 4-0 this season. Their time is over and it’s apparent to everybody.

The Suns are AWFUL dude. They flash here and there but there is no way they put together a run in the playoffs. Way too inconsistent and turn the ball over way too much and Zero defensive effort.
I’m not scared of anyone in the conference.

I’m saying that with a straight face and I’m not even that nervous about it.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Would love to see KAT return for this one, would KLove it if he scored game winning three.
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

It's 1 of 82. Let's not overstate the importance one game. It's a long season.
Ketchup can be nuancy
witljon

Post by witljon »

Biggest game of the year….so far.