Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official Wizards @ Timberwolves GDT 9 Apr Official***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
witljon

Re: ***Official Wizards @ Timberwolves GDT 9 Apr Official***

Post by witljon »

Big game tonight
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Dane Moore
@DaneMooreNBA
Chris Finch on Anthony Edwards' 51-point night: "It's really hard to have a night like that. I mean, physically it is very hard to score 50 points. It takes a lot of energy and effort, and to do it with this type of efficiency is pretty impressive. But these things come. At times, when Ant has hunted things, I've just said, 'You know, you're going to be in the league for a long time, you're going to have many nights where you have opportunities to get these big nights. They're going to come to you if you keep playing the basketball game the way it should be played’. And that's what he did tonight, so I'm proud of him."
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

A$$MAN wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:45 pm We shot 15 more free throws than the Wiz. Can you imagine being the Lakers and have that happen every game? How the fuck do you lose?
If the Wolves had their shit together in the first half, they could have doubled that. Instead, they decided it would be fun to have a 3 point contest.
Stork311

Post by Stork311 »

ItsGameOvrMan wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:35 pm 35-5 .. wow PHX tanking for seeding?
interesting question....do you think our Wolves are the preferred team to play of the 3 fighting for the top?

I would imagine Denver is the least preferred, but between OKC and Wolves, how do we stack up on other teams preference list?

I personally think we are a more difficult matchup due size and strength, particularly big men, than OKC....thoughts?
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

Stork311 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:11 am
ItsGameOvrMan wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:35 pm 35-5 .. wow PHX tanking for seeding?
interesting question....do you think our Wolves are the preferred team to play of the 3 fighting for the top?

I would imagine Denver is the least preferred, but between OKC and Wolves, how do we stack up on other teams preference list?

I personally think we are a more difficult matchup due size and strength, particularly big men, than OKC....thoughts?
It depends on matchups. Some teams struggle against young athletic teams (OKC) while others struggle against size and defensive length, MN.

Phoenix has struggled against OKC but won twice vs us, granted the first was a schedule loss for the Wolves. But if Wolves finish 2nd that would mean to get the Wolves in 1st round you’d have to purposely tank to get into the play in 7-8 game and have to win that game. I seriously doubt teams will do that just to match up with oreferred team in 1st round.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

I actually got to go last night and in the first I was thinking about leaving considering the only other game I went to we got smoked. Figured it was me. So went to the bar for a quick drink then had to slam it when all the roars started.
Glad I stayed. Even had good seats. (Friend at work didn't want them) I just couldn't figure out why Towns was wearing a big winter coat inside.
Ant looks smaller up close IMO. Rudy quite the opposite. Last person I saw that big was Yao Ming.
focker

Post by focker »

That was a game last night that a Wolves team from a few years ago would have given up on and just taken the L. This team really shows some resiliency that we didn't use to have.

Naz getting kicked out was f'n ridiculous.. Hated that call.
Top 4 Froob 2021!!!
focker

Post by focker »

SHAFA wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:44 pm
They're bordering on play-in territory. I can't imagine they'd be tanking here.
How would they know who they're playing anyway? The top three seeds all so close no one has a f'n clue how they'll end up.

Phoenix just isn't that good IMO...
Top 4 Froob 2021!!!