Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official Stinky Twinkies vs. FernandoMania thread***

A place to discuss the MN Twins
weimy froob

Re: ***Official Stinky Twinkies vs. FernandoMania thread***

Post by weimy froob »

castro with a good AB--but santana's swing on that 3-1 pitch? bad.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Not sold on Wallner....not at all.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

OK, let's go steal this one!!
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Last edited by LwnmwrMan222 on Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My body, my choice.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

johnnie longhair does his job. strikes out ohtani.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Phillips throws some nasty stuff....Jeffers had NO chance.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Rocco really pulled Ober at 68 pitches?

Jeffers stares at 3 straight pitches. 0-13 lifetime against the Dodgers. Good thing Rocco put him in as DH.

Not sure what the sabremetrics say to put him in, other than he's right handed.
Last edited by LwnmwrMan222 on Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My body, my choice.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Well, at least they finished before the rain becomes a problem.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

18 up and 18 down after buxton's single. twins lose. twins lose.
D_H

Post by D_H »

Wooooohoooo

Another loss the twins now three and five well on their way to 100 loss season! Hopefully no one shows up in this summer and this crooked, lying POS ownership group gets a message.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

you can count the good and decent ABs in this game on one hand and a couple of fingers on the other. the decent ones ended up being outs anyways.
SKOLMN

Post by SKOLMN »

3 hits lulz, how long till Royce demands a trade?
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

Didn’t understand why we were favored to win the division coming in after becoming a worse team than last year…and we are going to have like an 8-10 game hole to dig out of (if lucky) when Lewis comes back. They are for sure getting swept this week so will be 3-7 heading into the weekend. Cle likely 10-2.
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

Tuck ya in wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:23 pm
weimy froob wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:17 pm nice button pushed rocco. 4 runs are probably plenty against this offense right now.
He's so bad, it's just ugh! He may be a surprise firing at some point this season. One can hope... 🤞🤞🤞
Keep dreaming my friend.

He's signed through 2025. Zero chance that cheap fuck Jim or his equally cheap fuck nephew Joe want to pay two managers at once. They let Gardy and Molly both be lame ducks. The earliest Rocco goes is summer of 2025.
D_H

Post by D_H »

We finally won a playoff series for the first time in 20 years with the 17th highest payroll in the league. One would think ownership would add to that and try and do better but they did the exact opposite — fuck them.
Tuck ya in

Post by Tuck ya in »

Sidewinder2k2 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:03 pm
weimy froob wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:17 pm nice button pushed rocco. 4 runs are probably plenty against this offense right now.
He's so bad, it's just ugh! He may be a surprise firing at some point this season. One can hope... 🤞🤞🤞
Keep dreaming my friend.

He's signed through 2025. Zero chance that cheap fuck Jim or his equally cheap fuck nephew Joe want to pay two managers at once. They let Gardy and Molly both be lame ducks. The earliest Rocco goes is summer of 2025.
It's probably the case, I was thinking about what most ownerships would do. I love baseball, but the ownership fights me on it at every turn!
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

Tuck ya in wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:13 pm
Sidewinder2k2 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:03 pm

Keep dreaming my friend.

It's probably the case, I was thinking about what most ownerships would do. I love baseball, but the ownership fights me on it at every turn!
Agreed. If they are that worried about the money they lost Post-Covid, they should sell the team to someone that gives a shit.
The Lizard King

Post by The Lizard King »

Go Doyers!
"If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first." - KDC
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

The Lizard King wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:24 pm Go Doyers!

I like you 362/363 days a year. Only when the Twins play the Dodgers do I get annoyed.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

League worst Team Batting Average and Slugging Percentage. They suck, and the lineup was supposed to be their strength.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

But you have pontoon seats now and next year they are putting in campfire rings!
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

ober looked great after the first inning. miranda had a lot of good swings. of course, rocco was afraid of letting bailey face ohtani a third time and the pinch-hitting made sure that miranda didn't get another AB.

The mystique of Shohei Ohtani has a way of striking fear into the heart of his opponents. He has a larger than life presence that feels almost superhuman in comparison to his peers. It seems like something special is imminent every time he steps to the plate.

That’s why more than 15,000 people showed up to Target Field on Monday night despite overcast skies and the temperature sitting below 50 degrees at first pitch.

Naturally, Ohtani lived up to the hype, putting on a show for everybody in attendance by going 3 for 5 with a solo home run to lead the Los Angeles Dodgers to a 4-2 win over the Twins. It was the type of performance the Japanese superstar has been known to deliver throughout his career.

Maybe the most impressive thing was the fact that the impact of Ohtani spanned beyond the batter’s box. He even managed to make an impact from the on deck circle as he chased starter Bailey Ober simply by existing.

Never mind that Ober was in complete control only having thrown thrown 68 pitches while stifling a lethal lineup on the other end. He battled through a shaky start that featured him throwing a fastball to Ohtani that left the bat with a exit velocity of 110 mph, followed by a fastball to star first baseman Freddie Freeman that likely would’ve been a goner in the middle of the summer.

After working his way out of the jam relatively unscathed, however, Ober slowly started to settle in, and his excellence on the mound actually had the Twins in position for the win.

“After the first inning, I felt like I was able to get into a rhythm,” Ober said. “That felt pretty good to be able to just go out there and get into a flow state and not overthink stuff.”

It still wasn’t enough to convince manager Rocco Baldelli to let Ober face Ohtani for a third time.

“I know how many pitches he threw; I know it wasn’t 85 or 90,” Baldelli said. “He did everything we wanted him to do today, so we could hand it off to our good bullpen arms.”

Fittingly, Ohtani blooped a double to left field on the first pitch he saw from reliever Steven Okert. To make matters worse, Ohtani came around to score the tying run a couple of batters later, as Freeman and catcher Will Smith both got on base with soft contact.

As frustrating as the result was for the Twins, Baldelli stood by the call, noting that Okert actually pitched pretty well, even if the box score might suggest otherwise.

“He threw the ball the way we would want him to,” Baldelli said. “That’s where we ended up.”

Though he admitted he would’ve loved to stay in the game, Ober understood the decision and was at peace with it.

“You know, at that point, I trust all the guys we’ve got back there,” Ober said. “Whether it’s me or those guys coming in, I have faith we’re going to get the job done.”

Still, that ended up defining the rest of the game for the Twins, as the bullpen struggled to contain the Dodgers. After reliever Jay Jackson gave up a solo home run to center fielder Jake Outman to break the tie, Ohtani put the finishing touches on the win with a towering moonshot that crept into the first row of the bleachers in left field.

Not that Jackson felt too bad about serving up a solo home run to Ohtani.

“It happens,” Jackson said. “He’s strong as anything. That ball got out, and I was surprised. He’s a big boy, so he’s going to hit a lot more of those.”
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Rocco, the King of justifying his poor decisions.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

right. it's a results business--and rocco's decisions didn't get the results. that makes them wrong. we don't know if leaving ober in would've worked--we do know that what rocco tried didn't. just own it and move on. 68 pitches and cruising. you fucked up rocco.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

1. Julien 2B
2. Correa SS
3. Kirilloff 1B
4. Buxton CF
5. Miranda DH
6. Wallner RF
7. Castro, W 3B
8. Jeffers C
9. Martin LF

Glasnow vs. Screwy Louie
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

I don't pay attention to other teams. How many other managers manage strictly on analytics like Rocco? Are there a lot of them?
My body, my choice.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Leadoff walk to the early frontrunner for MVP.
Good job, Lou.
The Lizard King

Post by The Lizard King »

Sidewinder2k2 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:56 pm
The Lizard King wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:24 pm Go Doyers!

I like you 362/363 days a year. Only when the Twins play the Dodgers do I get annoyed.
:oops:
"If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first." - KDC
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Guy's a bum....strikes out every time I see him.
My body, my choice.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

followed by an ohtani strikeout and then after a fantastic pitch for strike two he got the double play ball from freeman. strong inning for louie.