Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

QB poll, help me out here...

A place to discuss the MN Vikings

Pick 1

Caleb Williams trade 11, 23, 2025 1, picks and plyer
7%
Jayden Daniels trade 11 ,23, 2025 1+ picks or plyer
No votes
Drake Maye trade 11, 23, 4th
48%
JJ McCarthy trade 11, 23, possibly less
19%
Michael Penix keep 11, draft at 23
19%
Spensor Rattler keep 11, trade back from 23 and add in the 2nd.
7%

Total votes: 27

Nightfly

Re: QB poll, help me out here...

Post by Nightfly »

Not that we're likely to anyway, but we can't end up with Jayden Daniels, when there is already a high-profile athlete named Jaden McDaniels in this town. It'd be even worse than when the Vikings roster included Randy Moss, Randall Cunningham, Randall McDaniel, and Ed McDaniel.

:shock:
Tuck ya in

Re: QB poll, help me out here...

Post by Tuck ya in »

PurpleFloyd wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:18 am There isn’t enough there to make a clear separation from the top 4 and if they all go in the top 5 then I would just see how things go and take Penix. If you can take someone like Nabers at 11 and Penix at 23 that would be major and could give the offense everything they need to win. It would also give leverage and flexibility if JJ plays hardball. Then we would need to spend 3 years building the defense.
I just can't see them pulling the trigger on a WR at #11, with what this teams strengths and weaknesses are currently. It would be the same scenario if we drafted Bowers at #11. I lean defense early in this draft if we aren't trading up. BPA is a good policy, unless there's obvious needs like we have, with suitable players available at those positions.

However that said, if they internally are thinking they might have to shop JJ due to ridiculous demands, then all bets are off.