Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official Pistons @ Timberwolves GDT 27 Mar Official***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
somuchyummy

***Official Pistons @ Timberwolves GDT 27 Mar Official***

Post by somuchyummy »

The miserable Detroit Pistons (12-60) slink their sorry butts into Target Center tonight to face the Timberwolves (49-22). Tip off is at 7 PM.

Detroit has the worst record in the league - and look determined to keep it that way heading to the draft. Lots of "injuries" lately in quotation marks. Something really wack-a-doodle will have to happen for us to lose this game. Let's hope the motivation to get to the 50 win mark is enough to keep the Timberwolves interested tonight. We continue to plug along in good fashion without Karl-Anthony Towns - going 7-3 over the last ten. The Pistons have lost 7 straight.

The Timberwolves are favored by 13 points.

Injury Report:

Detroit - Simone Fontecchio, Ausar Thompson, Taj Gibson, Isaiah Stewart and Standley Umude are all Out. Cade Cunningham is Questionable. Jalen Duren has been upgraded to Probable after sitting out a few games with back spasms.

Minnesota - Karl-Anthony Towns and Jaylen Clark are Out. Rudy Gobert and Anthony Edwards are both still listed as Questionable. Daishen Nix is in Iowa.

Cheers Froobs and Go Timberwolves!
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Mplsfonz

Re: ***Official Pistons @ Timberwolves GDT 27 Mar Official***

Post by Mplsfonz »

I think this is a game you start to rest some players. I know Ant will pout and refuse, but we will need everybody as healthy as can be come first round.
Also you get those backups some game time so you know what you have if you need them. We are in a good situation so no need to derail our postseason for a few wins here.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

Also, Taj is still playing? Geez.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

This is a game they definitely would have lost last season.
Let's get Tropical
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

jffl_commish wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:30 pm This is a game they definitely would have lost last season.
that's a quote for after the game. haven't played it yet. have you just cursed us?!??!!?
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

I think this could be a game for Monte and Jmac to share most of the PG duties - let Mike take a breather. With the way those two bench PGs have been playing lately, we should be fine.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

somuchyummy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:50 pm I think this could be a game for Monte and Jmac to share most of the PG duties - let Mike take a breather. With the way those two bench PGs have been playing lately, we should be fine.
Yup, Garza should get Rudy's minutes, Let Moore get Ant's minutes, I wouldn't mind seeing Nix get a little clock too.
If we can't beat this team with our bench, then we are going to have trouble in the PO's.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

somuchyummy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:48 pm
jffl_commish wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:30 pm This is a game they definitely would have lost last season.
that's a quote for after the game. haven't played it yet. have you just cursed us?!??!!?
This is a game they definitely would have lost last season, and probably still lose this season.

Um, reverse jinx?
Let's get Tropical
Stork311

Post by Stork311 »

Regarding rest…I disagree. Rest the final week, if appropriate. Lessen work in practice….keep rotation sharp and win games. Do their job right and the rotation should still be on line at 6 minute mark of 4th.
Catalyst
***The First Lady of Wolves Chat***

Post by Catalyst »

With the whole teams attitude on rest, especially Ant and Mike, I expect to see normal people and minutes
My heart is family.
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Hoping to see another solid outing by Monte Morris tonight.

Really hoping he's a player the Wolves will be able to retain.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

Stork311 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:09 pm Regarding rest…I disagree. Rest the final week, if appropriate. Lessen work in practice….keep rotation sharp and win games. Do their job right and the rotation should still be on line at 6 minute mark of 4th.
Well we can disagree. The final week is when you start to ramp up. By then you should be healed enough by then. Ant's finger is still hurt, Rudy still seems to be clutching his chest sometimes, Naz is wincing because he's on a sore ankle and Mike is just older. Again, lets get some of the benchwarmers in a game like this in case they are needed next month.
Remember Thibs used to run his players into the ground, then the PO's started and they had nothing left.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

TJ Warren for 30 mins.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i think this is a good time to get some guys some rest. Maybe play Mike the first quarter just to keep the rust off. That's 36 minutes then left for Monte and Jmac to share - which sounds perfectly fine.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

what's up with Ivey? Is he sad because the other guys got games off?
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Alan Horton
@WolvesRadio
Cade Cunningham (left knee) WILL START tonight vs. Wolves. Notable because it's his 1st ever game vs. Minnesota -- he had missed the previous 5 meetings due to injury. Only other team he has yet to face? Spurs (0 for 5).
BBG

Post by BBG »

I still kinda think.... maybe
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

If the wolves finish six and five, they will have won 55 games this season.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
Jack Soo 5

Post by Jack Soo 5 »

Let's Go Baby!!
Keep your stick on the ice
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Well I get to see Duren and Cade for the first time, along with whomever...Tosan...is.
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

A sold out Target Center against a Detroit team that nobody is buying a ticket to see is a a beautiful thing.

Minneapolis is always a little bit better when the Wolves are creating a buzz.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Naz Reid too good
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Cutting em up
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Went under got a decent contest up Cade locked in
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

horton just got done saying what i've been thinking for awhile. you've got to move on from a missed call. it happens. sometimes it benefits you. Ant was upset that they missed a call on who the ball went off--but jaden had to have traveled before that ball went out of bounds. just zip it and get back and play some defense. especially early in the first quarter. if someone's going to work the refs let it be finch. who actually did some venting on that same play.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

I'll be back for GDT's next weekend! Move into my new place on Thursday, internet hooked up on Friday. Then I'll get Bally's again for the home stretch.
Let's get Tropical
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

jaden drains another three. someone get on cade cunningham.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Ant did.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Go ahead Jaden!