Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official Cavaliers @ Timberwolves GDT 22 Mar Official***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
somuchyummy

***Official Cavaliers @ Timberwolves GDT 22 Mar Official***

Post by somuchyummy »

A beat up Cleveland (43-26) travels to Minnesota tonight to face the beat up Timberwolves (47-22). Tip off is at 7 PM.

Both teams sit in third place in their respective conferences - and both, due to injuries, have found the going tough lately. Minnesota 5-5 in the last ten - Cleveland 4-6. Injuries will likely figure into tonight's game as well. The Cavs won the first matchup this year 113-104 - a game, it should be noted, in which Anthony Edwards went 7 of 27 from the floor. He's been better lately - and should figure into this final regular season game between the teams. Cavs who WILL play tonight and that we need to account for - Darius Garland, who scored 34 against us on March 8th, and who had a career high 51 against us in 2022 - and Jarrett Allen, who had his way with us in the last game with a 33/18 line and 21 trips to the FT line.

The Timberwolves are favored by 7.5 points.

Injury Report:

Cleveland - Donovan Mitchell, Evan Mobley, Max Strus, Dean Wade and Ty Jerome are all Out. Isaiah Mobley and Pete Nance are on G League assignment.

Minnesota - Karl-Anthony Towns and Jaylen Clark are Out. Rudy Gobert, Naz Reid and Anthony Edwards are Questionable. Naz's nebulously described "head injury" is finally being listed by the NBA as what we suspected all along - "concussion protocol".

Cheers Froobs and Go Timberwolves!
Last edited by somuchyummy on Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
somuchyummy

Re: ***Official Cavaliers @ Timberwolves GDT 22 Mar Official***

Post by somuchyummy »

Naz was injured on Monday of this week - so that's four days off. Anyone know concussion protocol and concussions in general? What still kind of puzzles me is that Naz was on the bench in street clothes the following night for our game against the Nuggets. All the extreme noise and bright lights of an NBA game - that's "concussion protocol"? I've always heard that kind of stuff is intolerable when you've been concussed.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

somuchyummy wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:38 am Naz was injured on Monday of this week - so that's four days off. Anyone know concussion protocol and concussions in general? What still kind of puzzles me is that Naz was on the bench in street clothes the following night for our game against the Nuggets. All the extreme noise and bright lights of an NBA game - that's "concussion protocol"? I've always heard that kind of stuff is intolerable when you've been concussed.
It's dependent on whether or not he was actually diagnosed with a concussion. If there wasn't one officially, then it's just a day-to-day thing.
Spoiler:
1) Concussion evaluation: A player will be removed from participation by either a team physician or athletic trainer and undergo evaluation in a “quiet, distraction-free environment” if that player is suspected to have a concussion, or is exhibiting concussion signs or symptoms. Additionally, before a player is able to return to game participation, “the evaluating physician (or athletic trainer) is required to review video” for assessment.

2) Serial evaluation and monitoring: If a player is not diagnosed with a concussion after evaluation, the team’s medical staff will continue to monitor that player and he will undergo at least another concussion evaluation prior to the team’s next game or practice, or approximately 24 hours after the initial evaluation, whichever is first. If that player develops any subsequent concussion signs or symptoms, he will immediately be removed from participating and undergo another concussion evaluation.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

The NBA Injury Report says "concussion protocol" for Naz - so I would assume that means he's been diagnosed with one.
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

somuchyummy wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:38 am Naz was injured on Monday of this week - so that's four days off. Anyone know concussion protocol and concussions in general? What still kind of puzzles me is that Naz was on the bench in street clothes the following night for our game against the Nuggets. All the extreme noise and bright lights of an NBA game - that's "concussion protocol"? I've always heard that kind of stuff is intolerable when you've been concussed.
I’ve had 2 concussions. Just like with any injury, there are stages of severity. I’d take it as a very good sign with Naz being at that game that it’s a mild one he’s got.

My 1st one was “mild”. Headache for a day or two but that’s about it. 2nd was one horrible. Memory loss how it happened and an hour or so after, blurred vision, and excruciating headache for a week.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Eek. Sorry you went thru that. What you describe in terms of stages of severity seems to follow that his is mild. I've honestly been a little worried the org kept using "head injury" as the descriptor - seeing as "laceration" or "broken nose" or "tooth loss, cut lip" is pretty easy to state. So I thought all along it was a concussion, but they weren't saying that because they didn't know the severity - and kept it close to the vest lest they further depress and freak out the fanbase. But when he showed up for the game Tuesday, I saw that as either a good sign or extreme medical malfeasance. Still, I will bet if he plays tonight, it'll be limited and let's hope he doesn't get whacked in the head.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Alan Horton
@WolvesRadio
Chris Finch says Ant & Naz are IN while Rudy will be a gametime decision tonight vs. Cavs.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

maybe because it's beach towel night. maybe not.

Dane Moore
@DaneMooreNBA
The Wolves are moving Naz Reid into KAT’s place in the starting lineup (Kyle Anderson had been there before).

Wolves starters…
Gobert
Reid
McDaniels
Edwards
Conley
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

I’m looking forward to picking up that towel on EBay later tonight for $50.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

Hoping especially with no Mobley that Rudy and Naz can play limited minutes and not push anything too much.
Also hoping jarret Allen doesn’t have 21 free throws vs his usually
6 like the last farce of a game.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

it'll be interesting to see if Marcus Morris gets any PT tonight against us with all the injuries. He's scored 18 points in his first two games for them - 5 of 7 from deep.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Naz Reid MVP
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

Naz is a ridiculous offensive/scoring talent.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Jmac the sniper
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Jmac ends the quarter with a three ball splash! it's their first first quarter win in seven games. did you get that? first first quarter win.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

And WHICH TWolf is pictured on the opening page??? Mr. 45% from deep, that's who.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

SHAFA wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:03 pm I’m looking forward to picking up that towel on EBay later tonight for $50.
my guess is that they'll be going for at least a hundred. let us know what you find.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

rudy to Jmac.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Jmac en fuego.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

JMAC
BBG

Post by BBG »

Marcus Morris is killing the wolves. It would have been nice to get him
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

BBG wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:47 pm Marcus Morris is killing the wolves. It would have been nice to get him
Just checking to make sure this is sarcasm. He’s 1/5 lol.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:45 pm Jmac en fuego.
this.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

boxter432 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:51 pm
BBG wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:47 pm Marcus Morris is killing the wolves. It would have been nice to get him
Just checking to make sure this is sarcasm. He’s 1/5 lol.
Definitely sarcasm
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Naz not having the game he wanted so far on beach towel night.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Jmac is the goods.
irishman89

Post by irishman89 »

Jmac2 is not the goods. Seriously does he have brain damage?
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

Ugly quarter after getting a decent lead.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

this lineup is struggling on the offensive end big time.