Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Drake Maye or J.J. McCarthy?

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
D_H

Re: Drake Maye or J.J. McCarthy?

Post by D_H »

While McCarthy flashes an average arm, he battles inconsistencies with ball placement, often forcing his pass-catchers to adjust mid-route, inhibiting YAC potential. When airing it out, he struggles with touch and loft, rather than just relying on his arm strength

lol

KOC sees the same thing everybody else does he’s not taking this turd - fans and rest assured. 👍
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

D_H wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:11 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:53 am

This video clearly shows JJ’s strengths and weaknesses on deep passes.

Need something fired into a tight window over the middle? Check.

Need him to get outside the pocket with his eyes downfield when coverage breaks down? Check.

Need him to drop a rainbow into a bucket and let his receiver run under it? Most definitely not check.
He’s complete garbage there’s a reason Jim Harbaugh tried to hide him in the national championship game
He’s most certainly not complete garbage, but for this offense I’d like a guy who can make all the deep throws without concern. JJ isn’t that. Maybe he’ll become that. But his tape doesn’t show it.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

D_H wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:15 pm While McCarthy flashes an average arm, he battles inconsistencies with ball placement, often forcing his pass-catchers to adjust mid-route, inhibiting YAC potential. When airing it out, he struggles with touch and loft, rather than just relying on his arm strength

lol

KOC sees the same thing everybody else does he’s not taking this turd - fans and rest assured. 👍
McCarthy is the QB the Vikings want and are going to trade up for.
NFL Draft 2024 Rumors: 'Vikings Will Be Aggressive in Trading Up' for J.J. McCarthy
According to ESPN's Matt Miller, the team has eyes for Michigan quarterback J.J. McCarthy:

"The Vikings sent neither [general manager Kwesi] Adofo-Mensah nor coach Kevin O'Connell to the Michigan pro day Friday, but quarterbacks coach Josh McCown was firmly planted right behind McCarthy during his 25-minute throwing session. In talking to NFL personnel while on the road at pro days this week, the feeling is still the Vikings will be aggressive in trading up to the No. 4 or No. 5 spot to land the Michigan quarterback. One general manager I talked to this week said McCarthy is a top-six pick right now. The question is who will trade up to get him."
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/101 ... j-mccarthy
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

William Munny wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:23 pm
D_H wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:15 pm While McCarthy flashes an average arm, he battles inconsistencies with ball placement, often forcing his pass-catchers to adjust mid-route, inhibiting YAC potential. When airing it out, he struggles with touch and loft, rather than just relying on his arm strength

lol

NFL Draft 2024 Rumors: 'Vikings Will Be Aggressive in Trading Up' for J.J. McCarthy
According to ESPN's Matt Miller, the team has eyes for Michigan quarterback J.J. McCarthy:

"The Vikings sent neither [general manager Kwesi] Adofo-Mensah nor coach Kevin O'Connell to the Michigan pro day Friday, but quarterbacks coach Josh McCown was firmly planted right behind McCarthy during his 25-minute throwing session. In talking to NFL personnel while on the road at pro days this week, the feeling is still the Vikings will be aggressive in trading up to the No. 4 or No. 5 spot to land the Michigan quarterback. One general manager I talked to this week said McCarthy is a top-six pick right now. The question is who will trade up to get him."

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
D_H

Post by D_H »

:brick: I

lol

One more thing Mlhouse you do not have to keep login into this bit to support your narrative. I understand you’re embarrassed about comparing JJ McCarthy to Josh Allen but just stop with this bit.

Lol
Didn’t even attend his pro day . Again just some dumb ass who writes for a website. Lolololo

Just stop with this bit Mlhouse I know you’re embarrassed because you compared JJ McCarthy to Josh Allen but stop logging into this bit to support your narrative
Last edited by D_H on Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
D_H

Post by D_H »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:22 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:53 am

This video clearly shows JJ’s strengths and weaknesses on deep passes.

Need something fired into a tight window over the middle? Check.

Need him to get outside the pocket with his eyes downfield when coverage breaks down? Check.

Need him to drop a rainbow into a bucket and let his receiver run under it? Most definitely not check.
He’s complete garbage there’s a reason Jim Harbaugh tried to hide him in the national championship game
He’s most certainly not complete garbage, but for this offense I’d like a guy who can make all the deep throws without concern. JJ isn’t that. Maybe he’ll become that. But his tape doesn’t show it.
Chad Henne had more tools actually. lol

Ask yourself this if Washington and Michigan switched quarterbacks last year does anyone really believe JJ McCarthy would’ve taken Washington to the national championship game?? lol of course not it’s simply ridiculous.
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

D_H wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:32 pm

lol

Lol
Didn’t even attend his pro day . Again just some dumb ass who writes for a website. Lolololo
Matt Miller from ESPN. I guess you missed that in your desperation to respond.
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

D_H wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:34 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:22 pm

Chad Henne had more tools actually. lol

Ask yourself this if Washington and Michigan switched quarterbacks last year does anyone really believe JJ McCarthy would’ve taken Washington to the national championship game?? lol of course not it’s simply ridiculous.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Lots of this chatter out there.

Could be 100% legit or it could be a leak to try to get NE or Wash to lower their price if they are inclined to trade back.

Or, it could be a complete click-bait that isn’t coming from any NFL office at all.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
D_H

Post by D_H »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:18 pm

Lots of this chatter out there.

Could be 100% legit or it could be a leak to try to get NE or Wash to lower their price if they are inclined to trade back.

Or, it could be a complete click-bait that isn’t coming from any NFL office at all.

If they draft JJ McCarthy, the entire front office and coaching staff will be out of a jobs in two years

This Hass to be fake. There’s no way they would put all their jobs in jeopardy for Chad Henne 2.0.

King of bolts & MLFfootball lol
D_H

Post by D_H »

lol I don’t think I’d put too much credibility in this website

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: Los Angeles Chargers HC Jim Harbaugh has told Keenan Allen he is part of his plan. <br><br>The future HoF receiver has said he wants to retire a Charger. <a href="https://t.co/SE2TFYAx3y">pic.twitter.co ... </p>&mdash; King of Boltz ⚡️ (@KingofBoltz) <a href=" 2, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

D_H wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:17 pm lol I don’t think I’d put too much credibility in this website

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: Los Angeles Chargers HC Jim Harbaugh has told Keenan Allen he is part of his plan. <br><br>The future HoF receiver has said he wants to retire a Charger. <a href="https://t.co/SE2TFYAx3y">pic.twitter.co ... </p>&mdash; King of Boltz ⚡️ (@KingofBoltz) <a href=" 2, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
All of this shit isn’t worth listening to at this point. They’ve been linked to virtually every guy.

Just want the draft to get here. I’m bored of the speculation.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

I didn’t know JJ hasn’t even passed for 300 yards in a game this past season. Yikes.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:37 pm I didn’t know JJ hasn’t even passed for 300 yards in a game this past season. Yikes.
He hasn’t been truly tested. Some of the games he only passed a handful of times, because the defense and run game were so good. The hype on this kid is massively overblown IMO. I’ve been wrong before, but the film shows he’s never had to put the team on his back to win. He’s a game manager at best until I see otherwise.
witljon

Post by witljon »

Small Hands wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:09 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:37 pm I didn’t know JJ hasn’t even passed for 300 yards in a game this past season. Yikes.
He hasn’t been truly tested. Some of the games he only passed a handful of times, because the defense and run game were so good. The hype on this kid is massively overblown IMO. I’ve been wrong before, but the film shows he’s never had to put the team on his back to win. He’s a game manager at best until I see otherwise.
I’ve said the same thing. I would have liked to see more out of him
D_H

Post by D_H »

Lololololo

Scout at JJ McCarthy Pro day:

The Vikings are playing a dangerous game, especially if the pick is McCarthy. NFL scouts just didn't see much from him as other top prospects at the position. Michigan never fully opened up the playbook because of the lack of trust the coaching staff had in JJ McCarthy and this played out in the national championship game.

This is precisely what Kurt Warner was saying, and that’s why JJ McCarthy is not in his top five.
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

D_H wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:38 pm Lololololo

The Vikings are playing a dangerous game, especially if the pick is McCarthy. NFL scouts just didn't see much from him as other top prospects at the position. Michigan never fully opened up the playbook because of the lack of trust the coaching staff had in JJ McCarthy and this played out in the national championship game.

This is precisely what Kurt Warner was saying, and that’s why JJ McCarthy is not in his top five.
Guys, we really need to start reporting this shit. 50 fucking times over last week of "Kurt Warner doesn't have top 5". If enough report this shit maybe something will finally get sont about it.
D_H

Post by D_H »

hategreenticemase wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:42 pm
D_H wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:38 pm Lololololo

Guys, we really need to start reporting this shit. 50 fucking times over last week of "Kurt Warner doesn't have top 5". If enough report this shit maybe something will finally get sont about it.

So? It’s a fact what’s your problem? Like I said, put me on ignore it’s not that hard snowflake.
hategreenticemase

I'm not super Pro JJ or anti JJ. Seems like consensus is there is a clear top guy we have no shot and then next 3 and clearly the next level before the next tier, and what isn't necessarily consensus is the order of those 3. I just want one of them.

Back to your point - it's valid, but he was tested late against an elite D in Bama. The other thing is these teams and scouts aren't putting all their stock in that anyway, they are going by in person shit, interviews, etc.
D_H

Post by D_H »

hategreenticemase wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:46 pm
I'm not super Pro JJ or anti JJ. Seems like consensus is there is a clear top guy we have no shot and then next 3 and clearly the next level before the next tier, and what isn't necessarily consensus is the order of those 3. I just want one of them.

Back to your point - it's valid, but he was tested late against an elite D in Bama. The other thing is these teams and scouts aren't putting all their stock in that anyway, they are going by in person shit, interviews, etc.
And he threw three interceptions against Bowling Green and it was obvious his coach did not trust him in the national championship game
D_H

Post by D_H »

It’s happening!!!! :naners: :naners:

3) Mіnnesota Vіkіngs (From NE): Drаke Mаye, QB, North Cаrolinа
Trаde: The Vіkіngs reсeive рick 3; the Pаtriots reсeive рicks 11, 23, аnd 129.

Mіnnesota Vіkіngs fаns аre рreрaring for а new erа аt quаrterbаck аnd exрecting а move uр іn the drаft. A bіg ѕwing to move іnto the toр three would ѕend а meѕѕage thаt thіs teаm meаns buѕineѕѕ, аnd they do рrecisely thаt іn thіs 2024 NFL Moсk Drаft.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

D_H wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:58 pm It’s happening!!!! :naners: :naners:

Mіnnesota Vіkіngs fаns аre рreрaring for а new erа аt quаrterbаck аnd exрecting а move uр іn the drаft. A bіg ѕwing to move іnto the toр three would ѕend а meѕѕage thаt thіs teаm meаns buѕineѕѕ, аnd they do рrecisely thаt іn thіs 2024 NFL Moсk Drаft.
There's no way that would be enough to get to #3.
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
hategreenticemase

Hoop Dreams wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:59 pm

It's incredible anyone ever takes this dummy seriously. Like I said, shit needs to get reported.
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

D_H

Post by D_H »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:59 pm

It’s not me reporting it

cdr2529

Post by cdr2529 »

not getting my hopes up high!
D_H

Post by D_H »

Lolololoo

The JJ McCarthy camp is trying way too hard lol

BEARS FLOCK TO MICHIGAN: Top Execs Eye QB McCarthy at Pro Day
March 22, 2024
cdr2529

Post by cdr2529 »

cdr2529 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:15 pm

not getting my hopes up high! If it is possible it would happen right away
SKOLTROL

Post by SKOLTROL »

I would be all over this, but there’s no way NE does this.
Spoiler:
:fight:
D_H

Post by D_H »

cdr2529 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:15 pm

not getting my hopes up high!
Our target is obviously Drake Maye if we can’t get him or Danials they will just stay at 11