Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Drake Maye or J.J. McCarthy?

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
SKOLTROL

Re: Drake Maye or J.J. McCarthy?

Post by SKOLTROL »

D_H wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:19 pm
cdr2529 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:15 pm
D_H wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:58 pm It’s happening!!!! :naners: :naners:

3) Mіnnesota Vіkіngs (From NE): Drаke Mаye, QB, North Cаrolinа
Trаde: The Vіkіngs reсeive рick 3; the Pаtriots reсeive рicks 11, 23, аnd 129.

Mіnnesota Vіkіngs fаns аre рreрaring for а new erа аt quаrterbаck аnd exрecting а move uр іn the drаft. A bіg ѕwing to move іnto the toр three would ѕend а meѕѕage thаt thіs teаm meаns buѕineѕѕ, аnd they do рrecisely thаt іn thіs 2024 NFL Moсk Drаft.
not getting my hopes up high!
Our target is obviously Drake Maye if we can’t get him or Danials they will just stay at 11
Yep. I don’t hate JJ. I hate trading up for him. Drake Maye or no way Jose.
Spoiler:
:fight:
D_H

Post by D_H »

SKOLTROL wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:21 pm
cdr2529 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:15 pm not getting my hopes up high!
Our target is obviously Drake Maye if we can’t get him or Danials they will just stay at 11
The head coach, and the general manager did not even attend JJ McCarthy’s pro day. I think that pretty much sums it up.
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

D_H wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:24 pm

The head coach, and the general manager did not even attend JJ McCarthy’s pro day. I think that pretty much sums it up.
Yet both Viking QB coaches attended and marveled at their next QB.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

cdr2529 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:15 pm not getting my hopes up high!
Exactly this.

Not a huge fan of drafting him period unless it is at #23 but if we took him at #11, so be it.

Trading multiple first rounders for JJ McCarthy and the 4th QB in this draft is absolutely asinine though. And in all honesty, most of the time you don’t want it being leaked your team likes someone because it usually means they aren’t going to draft the guy.

I don’t have some hard on nor hate for any of the tier 2 guys. I think they mostly have the same talent level and chance at being successful. I think for the tier 2 guys the ones who will succeed most will be more about the situation they land in then the player itself and I believe we are a good spot. Also, I don’t think any of those guys have much of a chance being anything better than the guy we just signed in Darnold.

No bueno for me on trading up if it isn’t for one of the top 3 and I prefer not to take one at #11 either. If no top 3? Draft best defensive player at #11 and whoever is left of tier #2 at #23. Honestly if Turner isn’t there at #11, I would trade back and try to recoup our 2nd rounder. End up with 2 1’s and our 2nd back.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Wouldn’t it be fucking something if the Vikings traded up and took MHJ?
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Offsides 97 defense

Post by Offsides 97 defense »

I really don't care which one they draft at this point. Both have positives and negatives to their game. And chances are they flop. I am happy that we have a head coach willing to take shots at the most important position in football and will take another shot if needed. Hits on quarterbacks turn organizations around. No other position does that.

What we have to look forward to is the cranium explosion on here should the Vikes take McCarthy. For that reason alone, I kinda hope we take the Michigan kid. We also have dopes who are dead set on telling us what's best for this organization and haven't seen either take an NFL snap. They tell us they got "scoop" on this and that, are always wrong, then come back here and ridicule everyone else. I love it. There's no better place in the world.
"Pickett"
"Sir yes sir"
"1800, Engineers, You go out and find mines"
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

Could mccarthy go 2 or 3? Seems that 90% of the QB talk is about mccarthy. Just odd how he shoots up the board out of nowhere.
BuDG123

Post by BuDG123 »

It’s JJ’s release and velocity compared to Maye. The ball snaps out of his hand, especially when on the move. He has Mahomes similarities on some of his mechanics. It’s a stretch, but when yo watch the tape between Mayes and JJ, that jumps out. JJ struggles with accuracy on some throws, especially the left out but he throws on the move well, and you need that in todays NFL.
BuDG123

Post by BuDG123 »

Guess which 6 QBs are who?
Spoiler:
QB1 Bo Nix .

QB2 Drake Maye. .

QB3 JJ McCarthy. .

QB4 Caleb Williams. .

QB5 Jayden Daniels. .

QB6 Michael Penix Jr. .
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

BuDG123 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:26 am Image

Guess which 6 QBs are who?
Spoiler:
QB1 Bo Nix .

QB2 Drake Maye. .

QB3 JJ McCarthy. .

QB4 Caleb Williams. .

QB5 Jayden Daniels. .

QB6 Michael Penix Jr. .
JJ's numbers look great.
D_H

Post by D_H »

Penix will even be a better pro than JJ McCarthy my god. If JJ was with Washington last year do you actually think he would have carried them to the national championship game?? lol of course not my god. lol This is why Kurt Warner did not have JJ McCarthy in his top 5 QBs. It was obvious they did not trust JJ to pass in the championship game. Lol
D_H

Post by D_H »

BuDG123 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:45 am It’s JJ’s release and velocity compared to Maye. The ball snaps out of his hand, especially when on the move. He has Mahomes similarities on some of his mechanics. It’s a stretch, but when yo watch the tape between Mayes and JJ, that jumps out. JJ struggles with accuracy on some throws, especially the left out but he throws on the move well, and you need that in todays NFL.
Lol
Chad Henne 2.0

Scout at pro day:

Pressure threats can cause him to drop his eyes, hesitate, and pause mid-release.

Sometimes inexplicably drifts into pressure and can be more disciplined with positioning.

Will sometimes predetermine throws and force passes against tight coverage. Not good with his lack of arm strength.

Occasionally fails to see looming LBs on short passes, calling field vision into question.

Struggles to process deep crossing patterns and diagnose proper throw trajectories.

The only people propping up JJ are the people in his camp. There are no NFL scouts, coaches, or GM’s propping him up.
Sylvester Stallone

Post by Sylvester Stallone »

hategreenticemase wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:42 pm
D_H wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:38 pm Lololololo

Scout at JJ McCarthy Pro day:

The Vikings are playing a dangerous game, especially if the pick is McCarthy. NFL scouts just didn't see much from him as other top prospects at the position. Michigan never fully opened up the playbook because of the lack of trust the coaching staff had in JJ McCarthy and this played out in the national championship game.

This is precisely what Kurt Warner was saying, and that’s why JJ McCarthy is not in his top five.
Guys, we really need to start reporting this shit. 50 fucking times over last week of "Kurt Warner doesn't have top 5". If enough report this shit maybe something will finally get sont about it.
Just put him on ignore. If rules are legitimately being broken, report it. This doesn't break any rules.
D_H

Post by D_H »

Scout at pro day! Lololololo

even with an average looking Pro Day outing on Friday, plenty of scouts here couldn’t help but compare JJ McCarthy to New York Jets QB Zach Wilson.
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Sylvester Stallone wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:40 am
D_H wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:38 pm Lololololo

Scout at JJ McCarthy Pro day:

The Vikings are playing a dangerous game, especially if the pick is McCarthy. NFL scouts just didn't see much from him as other top prospects at the position. Michigan never fully opened up the playbook because of the lack of trust the coaching staff had in JJ McCarthy and this played out in the national championship game.

This is precisely what Kurt Warner was saying, and that’s why JJ McCarthy is not in his top five.
Guys, we really need to start reporting this shit. 50 fucking times over last week of "Kurt Warner doesn't have top 5". If enough report this shit maybe something will finally get sont about it.
Just put him on ignore. If rules are legitimately being broken, report it. This doesn't break any rules.
Posting the same fucking shit 50 times in a week isn't breaking any rules? Like literally the same words or close variation of it, 50 times in multiple threads? Holy balls. :lol:
hategreenticemase

Obi-Wan wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:40 am Could mccarthy go 2 or 3? Seems that 90% of the QB talk is about mccarthy. Just odd how he shoots up the board out of nowhere.
Not sure it's it "out of nowhere". Every off season QBs especially fluctuate as more analysis happens.
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

hategreenticemase wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:43 am
Sylvester Stallone wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:40 am
Posting the same fucking shit 50 times in a week isn't breaking any rules? Like literally the same words or close variation of it, 50 times in multiple threads? Holy balls. :lol:
Pretty obvious DH is on the Giants payroll. In his downtime between spam twitter posts, he copy pastes the same things here.
Offsides 97 defense

Post by Offsides 97 defense »

minnemike wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:14 am

Pretty obvious DH is on the Giants payroll. In his downtime between spam twitter posts, he copy pastes the same things here.
His bad takes are kinda fun to watch, though. They've grown on me. Second worst takes in Purple Chat history. And that is difficult to do.
"Pickett"
"Sir yes sir"
"1800, Engineers, You go out and find mines"
hategreenticemase

Offsides 97 defense wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:20 am
minnemike wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:14 am

His bad takes are kinda fun to watch, though. They've grown on me. Second worst takes in Purple Chat history. And that is difficult to do.
Takes? Are you being serious? As if he ever actually has a real take. 100% of anything he posts is to try bait shit. :lol:

I like a good bit as much as the next guy, but a grown ass man who has literally banned hundreds of times for the past 20 years at both sites and who spams the board with the same drivel over and over again there is nothing funny about it. It's amazing someone can be that much of a simpleton as to conclude it's fun to do that on a message board. Actually it's amazing they know exactly who it is and yet continue to allow it to happen.

Clark was over the top but he was mostly amusing. Derps, now that was a good and creative bit. Whatever happened to him?
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

D_H wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:11 am
BuDG123 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:45 am It’s JJ’s release and velocity compared to Maye. The ball snaps out of his hand, especially when on the move. He has Mahomes similarities on some of his mechanics. It’s a stretch, but when yo watch the tape between Mayes and JJ, that jumps out. JJ struggles with accuracy on some throws, especially the left out but he throws on the move well, and you need that in todays NFL.
Lol
Chad Henne 2.0

Scout at pro day:

Pressure threats can cause him to drop his eyes, hesitate, and pause mid-release.

Sometimes inexplicably drifts into pressure and can be more disciplined with positioning.

Will sometimes predetermine throws and force passes against tight coverage. Not good with his lack of arm strength.

Occasionally fails to see looming LBs on short passes, calling field vision into question.

Struggles to process deep crossing patterns and diagnose proper throw trajectories.

The only people propping up JJ are the people in his camp. There are no NFL scouts, coaches, or GM’s propping him up.
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

William Munny wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:02 pm
D_H wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:11 am
Lol
Chad Henne 2.0

Scout at pro day:

Get used to seeing this.....Image
Señor Trumpo

Post by Señor Trumpo »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:37 pm I didn’t know JJ hasn’t even passed for 300 yards in a game this past season. Yikes.
He had 335 passing yards against Purdue on November 4th. His attempts are why he doesn't have 4000+ yards, he wasn't asked to throw the ball 35-45 times a game. Did you also know that he didn't play in the 4th quarter of 7 of his games in 2023 due to the fact that Michigan was killing their opponents?
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Señor Trumpo wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:01 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:37 pm I didn’t know JJ hasn’t even passed for 300 yards in a game this past season. Yikes.
He had 335 passing yards against Purdue on November 4th. His attempts are why he doesn't have 4000+ yards, he wasn't asked to throw the ball 35-45 times a game. Did you also know that he didn't play in the 4th quarter of 7 of his games in 2023 due to the fact that Michigan was killing their opponents?
For all of the people and amateur mock drafts that continuously bring this concept of cumulative statistics: NONE OF THEM HAVE DONE ANYTHING BECAUSE THEY HAVENT THROWN AN NFL PASS. College statistics are essentially meaningless. You need to look at the basics. How they throw. HOw they move. What passes they can make.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

I’m convinced these two will have a trade done and are just posturing for the best trade at this point.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Señor Trumpo

Post by Señor Trumpo »

JJ McCarthy at 2?
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

Señor Trumpo wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:25 pm
JJ McCarthy at 2?
Well that would leave Maye to New England then. Vikings can stay put and take Penix at 11.
Señor Trumpo

Post by Señor Trumpo »

William Munny wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:42 pm
Señor Trumpo wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:25 pm
JJ McCarthy at 2?
Well that would leave Maye to New England then. Vikings can stay put and take Penix at 11.
Not interested in SKOLSU? McDaniels to JJ!!!