Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Drake Maye or J.J. McCarthy?

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
cunningham

Re: Drake Maye or J.J. McCarthy?

Post by cunningham »

Oriole81 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:40 pm The Bears would still find a way to fuck up G-d the QB.
What if the Bears took Maye just to piss off the Vikings?
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

cunningham wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:44 pm
Oriole81 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:40 pm The Bears would still find a way to fuck up G-d the QB.
Seriously dude?
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:47 pm
cunningham wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:44 pm
Seriously dude?

No, I was joking.
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

Yates and Louis Riddick (especially Riddick) seem to think that JJ has excellent abilities that will translate very well into the NFL. Starts about 2:30.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqOsZlVQ8XE&t=215s[/youtube]
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Last edited by weimy froob on Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

William Munny wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:11 am Yates and Louis Riddick (especially Riddick) seem to think that JJ has excellent abilities that will translate very well into the NFL. Starts about 2:30.

You and DH should have a dedicated thread to duke it out over JJ and whether we should be considering him as a top 4 pick.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

William Munny wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:11 am Yates and Louis Riddick (especially Riddick) seem to think that JJ has excellent abilities that will translate very well into the NFL. Starts about 2:30.

i'm trying to figure out why these aren't posting like the one under yours. i didn't open it up and guessed what youtube video it was--but i didn't use the one you did. my theory is that you're posting it from a different start time than the beginning. post it from the beginning next time and see what happens. you can then just tell people where the part you are talking about starts.
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

minnemike wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:46 am

You and DH should have a dedicated thread to duke it out over JJ and whether we should be considering him as a top 4 pick.
I would rather nail my sack to a stump.
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

weimy froob wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:50 am

i'm trying to figure out why these aren't posting like the one under yours. i didn't open it up and guessed what youtube video it was--but i didn't use the one you did. my theory is that you're posting it from a different start time than the beginning. post it from the beginning next time and see what happens. you can then just tell people where the part you are talking about starts.
Thank you. I was wondering why my linking was failing.
PurpleValhalla

Post by PurpleValhalla »

I don't think the Vikings will have to make this decision anyway. They'll be picking between whoever is left between these two
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

William Munny wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:15 am
minnemike wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:46 am

I would rather nail my sack to a stump.
Lmao

On a side note if you find the link to the video without the 215s at the end it will post it in video format. I usually take the title and do new window page and search the video on youtube. It will give you a different link without the seconds. Once you watch the video or some of it it gives you a link that doesn't work.
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

More impressive snippets from JJ. All about that focus. Very confident that this kid is gonna make it.

-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

PurpleValhalla wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:26 pm I don't think the Vikings will have to make this decision anyway. They'll be picking between whoever is left between these two
Probably right, unless the Patriots take the deal. That's if they are willing to do all three first rounders.

Kippers mock today giving up 3 first to go up 6 spots is a real butt clencher.
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

-VikingsTw- wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:22 pm
PurpleValhalla wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:26 pm I don't think the Vikings will have to make this decision anyway. They'll be picking between whoever is left between these two
Probably right, unless the Patriots take the deal. That's if they are willing to do all three first rounders.

Kippers mock today giving up 3 first to go up 6 spots is a real butt clencher.
They would be "giving up" #23 and 2025 first round pick and essentially swapping picks #11 and #5.
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

Jole Klatt break down of QB's. Maye starts about 7:30 and McCarthy about 19:13 with Daniels and Penix sandwiched in between.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do6hQzxqYiM&t=5s[/youtube]
D_H

Post by D_H »

lol

JJ McCarthy’s three interception day against division two Bowling Green. He admitted after the game their defense had him confused. Lolololllo

https://youtu.be/5oLnTKHlMAw?si=n2MIQwG2FK808vtq

Should’ve thrown on 5, plus he fumbled one time lol
D_H

Post by D_H »

It’s happening!

“The Vikings have a lot of appealing attributes as a team,” CSW’s Ryan Roberts wrote. “They have a couple of very talented pass catchers, two good offensive tackles and an offensive-minded head coach with a lot of promise. Getting their long-term quarterback is paramount this offseason. They do just that with Maye. From a raw talent perspective, you won’t find many better than Maye. His combination of size, arm strength, and athleticism brings a lot of upside to the table. Maye is also still very young, which leaves a lot of room for development and upside.”
cdr2529

Post by cdr2529 »

D_H wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:32 am It’s happening!

“The Vikings have a lot of appealing attributes as a team,” CSW’s Ryan Roberts wrote. “They have a couple of very talented pass catchers, two good offensive tackles and an offensive-minded head coach with a lot of promise. Getting their long-term quarterback is paramount this offseason. They do just that with Maye. From a raw talent perspective, you won’t find many better than Maye. His combination of size, arm strength, and athleticism brings a lot of upside to the table. Maye is also still very young, which leaves a lot of room for development and upside.”
What's happening?
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
witljon

Post by witljon »

How is JJ McCarthy’s deep ball? I watched several Michigan games, but don’t recall any bombs. Michigan had a dominant run game with a lot of dink and dunk passes. How many passes over 25 yards did McCarthy attempt? And how many did he complete?
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

witljon wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:55 am How is JJ McCarthy’s deep ball? I watched several Michigan games, but don’t recall any bombs. Michigan had a dominant run game with a lot of dink and dunk passes. How many passes over 25 yards did McCarthy attempt? And how many did he complete?
The best answer to this question is: Rare.

JJ McCarthy’s deep ball is rare.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
D_H

Post by D_H »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:37 am
witljon wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:55 am How is JJ McCarthy’s deep ball? I watched several Michigan games, but don’t recall any bombs. Michigan had a dominant run game with a lot of dink and dunk passes. How many passes over 25 yards did McCarthy attempt? And how many did he complete?
The best answer to this question is: Rare.

JJ McCarthy’s deep ball is rare.
If someone is foolish enough to trade into the top 10 for JJ McCarthy, which I don’t think there is - the entire front office and coaching staff will be out of a job in two years.

Chad Henne 2.0 AT BEST
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

If we draft JJ, I think that is also "settling" for a QB. If he's available at 11, fine. But if we have to ditch a bunch of draft capital to "settle" for QB - that more and more sounds like he's closer to the Penix/Nix tier than the Williams/Daniels/Maye tier - then IMO that's a losing situation. He's much less of a sure thing than the other three, no? His biggest advantage is probably his age - which is also an advantage to HIM. Where would he land in next year's draft if he'd stay in school and have a down year?
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:08 am If we draft JJ, I think that is also "settling" for a QB. If he's available at 11, fine. But if we have to ditch a bunch of draft capital to "settle" for QB - that more and more sounds like he's closer to the Penix/Nix tier than the Williams/Daniels/Maye tier - then IMO that's a losing situation. He's much less of a sure thing than the other three, no? His biggest advantage is probably his age - which is also an advantage to HIM. Where would he land in next year's draft if he'd stay in school and have a down year?
Couldn’t have said it any better. This is exactly how I feel about it.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
D_H

Post by D_H »

lol

JJ McCarthy will not be attending the draft sitting in the room.

Lol

JJ McCarthy was invited to attend the NFL Draft in Detroit, Michigan, but he did not respond to the league and will not be at the Draft stage.

Via NBC Sports.

What does that tell you just as I suspected all all the bullshit hype is coming from his agent not Pro Scouts.
Last edited by D_H on Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Offsides 97 defense

Post by Offsides 97 defense »

I hope they move up for McCarthy and he turns out to be a hit. Just to see how ignorant some of these "in the know" dorks who think they know who will pan out from this draft and eat shit. Or edit their posts.
"Pickett"
"Sir yes sir"
"1800, Engineers, You go out and find mines"
D_H

Post by D_H »

Offsides 97 defense wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:50 pm I hope they move up for McCarthy and he turns out to be a hit. Just to see how ignorant some of these "in the know" dorks who think they know who will pan out from this draft and eat shit. Or edit their posts.
No chance - he’ll never be anything more than a career back up if someone is dumb enough to draft him the entire front office and coaching staff will be gone

Chad Henne 2.0
D_H

Post by D_H »

lol

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/tiki-bar ... nt-him.amp

Barber argued that McCarthy's skillet would not translate to the NFL level, and suggested that his former coach, Jim Harbaugh, was driving the majority of the positive attention he was receiving.

Word is getting out it’s his camp putting out all the hype
D_H

Post by D_H »

Unnamed, NFL scout

Does a team really want to overpay for a quarterback in the top five or 10 picks who is not a dynamic playmaker?

McCarthy was not asked to do as much as the other top QB prospects in a Michigan offense predicated on running the football. He accounted for 36% of the Wolverines' touchdowns and 56% of their total offense last season, numbers well below the other 2024 first-round QB prospects