Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official Timberwolves @ Jazz GDT 18 Mar Official***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
somuchyummy

Re: ***Official Timberwolves @ Jazz GDT 18 Mar Official***

Post by somuchyummy »

that dunk is one of the best in game contested dunks i've ever seen. AND - I give John Collins credit for having the balls to get off his feet and sort of contest it. he knew he's going to be watched by millions getting thrashed within an inch of his life - but he still got in there and tried to make an actual basketball play. Ant hurt his finger - can you imagine the fall he'd have taken if Collins hadn't left his feet and instead tried to draw a charge? they have to outlaw that stand and cover your nuts D that can cause serious injury to both players. Two bodies colliding approximately together in midair is always going to have a better ending than an offensive player having his legs taken out and going ass over teakettle to the floor. John Collins, you are my hero.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Alan Horton
@WolvesRadio

Wolves rally from 16 down to beat the Jazz 114-104.

MIN's 5th win when trailing by 15 or more -- tied for 3rd most in NBA.

And they've done that playing the 4th fewest games (16) in which they've trailed by 15+.
BuDG123

Post by BuDG123 »

DO

MIN

NATE!

LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:34 pm Not sure if I’ve mentioned this before but great things happen when there’s a GDT Winsome Lass.

Thank you for noticing my contribution.
My body, my choice.
witljon

Post by witljon »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:26 pm i'm wondering, as much as i still love kyle anderson, if it makes more sense to pursue signing JMac this summer and letting Kyle walk. He really IS kind of the perfect third PG to have, and won't cost nearly as much to resign as Kyle. He's great insurance to have back there - especially with Mike slowing down and being, well, 37 next year.
I’m hoping to keep this team together as much as possible regardless what happens this season.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

wolves went nationwide last night for those that want them to get their due.

Timberwolves star Anthony Edwards throws down ridiculous dunk of the year over John Collins in win vs. Jazz

The dunk of the year belongs to Anthony Edwards.

The Minnesota Timberwolves star threw down an absolutely ridiculous dunk in the second half of their 114-104 win over the Utah Jazz at the Delta Center on Monday night. Edwards rose up on a fast break and didn’t flinch while putting Jazz forward John Collins on a poster.

Just watch:

https://sports.yahoo.com/timberwolves-s ... 21091.html

While the play itself was remarkable, the photos from the dunk were somehow better than the videos.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

in that last pic of Ant standing over Collins, that's got to be the dislocation - last knuckle middle finger. It's not normal to be able to have that last stretch of the finger be at a right angle like that. Ouch. If that's it - and I'm assuming there'll be swelling - it's maybe better off it was his middle finger and not his index. Either way, it'll likely affect his handle a bit.

Again, props to Collins for jumping and attempting to play a little defense.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Anthony Edwards skies and stars as Timberwolves down Jazz

The Timberwolves were trailing Utah by one point midway through the third quarter Monday in Utah when Anthony Edwards took flight.

Cutting down the lane in transition with only John Collins standing between the guard and the basket, Edwards elevated in a way that only he knows how. The 22-year-old took off from seemingly 10 feet away and soared up and through Collins, throwing down on the forward for and-1 dunk that put Minnesota in front, silencing the Utah crowd and setting social media ablaze.

“HAAA. Oh my god. That’s my best dunk of my career, I’m not gonna lie,” Edwards said in his postgame, on-court television interview. “I didn’t even react because I dislocated my finger. I wish I could’ve reacted to it.”

Collins left the game and didn’t return with an eye contusion.

Injured Wolves rookie Jaylen Clark aptly tweeted after the game: “Just witnessed a homicide.”

Edwards dislocated the finger on the off hand that mashed into Collins’ face, but got it put back into place and taped up during Minnesota’s ensuing timeout.

And he never looked back from there. As he’s been wont to do of late, Edwards took over the contest, controlling the game with relative ease.

He scored 25 points of his 32 points over the final two quarters to power Minnesota to a 114-104 victory over the Jazz.

“We’ve seen several of those rim attacks at the end of transition like that,” Timberwolves coach Chris Finch told reporters. “I thought that was what flipped the game around for us from an emotional point of view. We needed a really big play.”

Edwards also tallied eight assists and seven boards. Utah simply didn’t have an answer for the guard. Edwards got to his spots in the mid range and buried jumpers.

When Utah resorted to double teams, Edwards made the right plays. In the fourth quarter, he went 5 for 6 from the field for 13 points to go with three rebounds and two assists.

For the second half, Edwards had those 25 points, six boards, six assists and zero turnovers. It was one of the better halves of basketball you’ll see played.

“That’s just who I am,” Edwards said. “In the big moments, I love to have the ball in my hands, I love to take the shot.”

That was exactly the type of performance Minnesota needed in a second half where it was without all three of its top big men. Karl-Anthony Towns remains out with the torn meniscus. Rudy Gobert missed his second-straight game with a rib sprain. After scoring 17 first-half points, Naz Reid didn’t play in the second half of Monday’s game against the Jazz (29-39) due to a head injury.

“He knows when guys are out and get down and we’re short-handed that he’s got to step up,” Finch said. “Spectacular play.”

Edwards has noted in the past how much he enjoys playing in small-ball lineups. It got no smaller than what Minnesota trotted out over the final 24 minutes in Utah.

Kyle Anderson was often the center playing alongside four guards and wings. There were times when Edwards was the one setting the screen at the top of the floor in pick-and-roll actions.

The floor was consistently spaced to the point where Edwards was a conductor with every option available to him on the floor. And he was, indeed a maestro. When he wasn’t getting his own offense, he was finding teammates. As a team, Minnesota drained 16 3-pointers.

Jordan McLaughlin (3 for 3 from deep), Nickeil Alexander-Walker, Luka Garza and Monte Morris all hit multiple triples off the bench.

The win was massive for Minnesota for a multitude of reasons.

The Wolves need all the divisional victories they can get as a potential tiebreaker for seeding purposes over both Oklahoma City and Denver as the three teams jostle for the top spot in the Western Conference. The Wolves (47-21) are currently tied with Denver in the standings, and just a half-game back of the Thunder.

Also, the currently short-handed Wolves have a date at home Tuesday with Denver. And Monday’s win eases a little of the urgency heading into that bout.

“As a group, collectively, we came together (on the floor) right before the third quarter started and (Anderson) was like, ‘Hey, we need this game. We’ve got Denver tomorrow, we missing key players, so we need this game,'” Edwards said. “So, we kind of took it personal, and I’m glad my teammates stepped up tonight.”
shoteh

Post by shoteh »

shoteh wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:08 pm
weimy froob wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:06 pm Ant's a minus 16 in one half of play. that's not MVP like play.
he's gonna sub in 2 minutes late and show us what MVP is all about I hope.
weimy, I had to bring this post back up after Ant's performance :clap: :clap: :clap:
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

shoteh wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:41 am
shoteh wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:08 pm
weimy froob wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:06 pm Ant's a minus 16 in one half of play. that's not MVP like play.
he's gonna sub in 2 minutes late and show us what MVP is all about I hope.
weimy, I had to bring this post back up after Ant's performance :clap: :clap: :clap:
:thumbsup:
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

This had to happen.

“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:44 am This had to happen.

I was just about to post that :lol:

It's beautiful
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

The only thing that could have made that a better dunk was if it were against a player I dislike. I’m pretty much indifferent when it comes to Collins. I hope he has a strong support system that will help him on his road to recovery. Just brutal what Ant did to him.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:50 am The only thing that could have made that a better dunk was if it were against a player I dislike. I’m pretty much indifferent when it comes to Collins. I hope he has a strong support system that will help him on his road to recovery. Just brutal what Ant did to him.
Again. No shame. He attempted to defend it knowing that Ant had an open runway and he's one of the most explosive dunkers in the game. The guy who should be the wimp today is Austin Reaves with his flat footed hands covering his gennies "defense" of Jalen Johnson's dunk last night. There's no shame in my book in actually trying to defend.
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:05 pm
Jimi_Thing wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:50 am The only thing that could have made that a better dunk was if it were against a player I dislike. I’m pretty much indifferent when it comes to Collins. I hope he has a strong support system that will help him on his road to recovery. Just brutal what Ant did to him.
Again. No shame. He attempted to defend it knowing that Ant had an open runway and he's one of the most explosive dunkers in the game. The guy who should be the wimp today is Austin Reaves with his flat footed hands covering his gennies "defense" of Jalen Johnson's dunk last night. There's no shame in my book in actually trying to defend.
Agreed but that was still pretty brutal. You are correct. Collins has nothing to be ashamed of. Reaves shown himself to be a little bitch that's gonna end up getting a player hurt.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Agreed 100%.

Dunking over someone like that is ferocious and the dunker deserves all the praise that come their way.

But the other side of that, the laughing and finger pointing at the dunkee is bullshit. Meet the moment. If guys always chicken out, we’d never get those moments. Mano a Mano. Not Mano a dude chickening out and looking for the ref to bail them out.

Without gladiators, there is no fight, so don’t shame the loser. We need the loser. Glory to those why try and fail. Shame on those who do not try.

- Isaac Asimov
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

I'm so glad I got to see that in real time last night. It all happened so fast! It was shocking.
Lightning
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by Lightning »

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:19 pm But the other side of that, the laughing and finger pointing at the dunkee is bullshit. Meet the moment. If guys always chicken out, we’d never get those moments. Mano a Mano. Not Mano a dude chickening out and looking for the ref to bail them out.

Without gladiators, there is no fight, so don’t shame the loser. We need the loser. Glory to those why try and fail. Shame on those who do not try.
Quit being a Beekface :lol:
A$$MAN

Post by A$$MAN »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:07 pm
Agreed but that was still pretty brutal. You are correct. Collins has nothing to be ashamed of. Reaves shown himself to be a little bitch that's gonna end up getting a player hurt.
Agree on the actually trying to defend...no shame in that at all. Can you imagine what would have happened if Collins would have bitched out and attempted to slide underneath to take a charge? That would have been VERY ugly for Ant.
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

A$$MAN wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:19 pm
Jimi_Thing wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:07 pm

Agree on the actually trying to defend...no shame in that at all. Can you imagine what would have happened if Collins would have bitched out and attempted to slide underneath to take a charge? That would have been VERY ugly for Ant.
Also - Collins was caught by surprise I think. Can't believe he was expecting Ant to take off from that spot with that much force. By the time Collins had a chance to elevate, it was too late.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

Collins wikipedia page, if you go to the history has like 50 different edits and reverts from today with things like "he is the son of Anthony edwards" "unfortunately he was murdered by Anthony Edwards on Mar 18, 2024" and such
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:19 pm
Agreed 100%.

Dunking over someone like that is ferocious and the dunker deserves all the praise that come their way.

But the other side of that, the laughing and finger pointing at the dunkee is bullshit. Meet the moment. If guys always chicken out, we’d never get those moments. Mano a Mano. Not Mano a dude chickening out and looking for the ref to bail them out.

Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

boxter432 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:40 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:19 pm

Agreed 100%.

I was a huge Shawn Kemp fan. Fantastic dunk. The taunt cheapened it.

- Isaac Asimov