Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official Timberwolves @ Jazz GDT 18 Mar Official***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
somuchyummy

***Official Timberwolves @ Jazz GDT 18 Mar Official***

Post by somuchyummy »

Rematch tonight! The Timberwolves (46-21) once again battle the Jazz (29-38) in Utah. Tip off is at 8 PM.

This will be the fourth and final meeting of the season for these teams. We are 3-0 so far - but, as they say, it's always difficult to beat the same team four games straight - so we'll need to come ready to play. We were in control (kind of) for most of Saturday's game, but the Jazz never really faded till we put them away in the fourth quarter. They were without three of their top players in that one - but that likely won't be the case tonight. Minnesota remains just a game out of first place in the West (3rd), while the Jazz have slipped to 12th.

The Timberwolves are favored by 7.5 points.

Injury Report:

Minnesota - The big bad news is that Rudy Gobert remains Questionable with a bruised rib. Kyle Anderson and Monte Morris are also Questionable, although both played in Saturday's game. Karl-Anthony Towns and Jaylen Clark remain Out.

Utah - John Collins, who missed Saturday's game, will be back in the line-up tonight. Lauri Markkanen is still listed as Questionable - but I will not be surprised to see him play, as reports indicated he was on the verge of playing on Saturday. Jordan Clarkson remains Out. The Jazz have also sent a slew of players to their G league affiliate (according to the official NBA site) - Micah Potter, Johnny Juzang, Darius Bazley, Kenneth Lofton Jr. and Jason Preston.

Cheers Froobs and Go Timberwolves!
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
somuchyummy

Re: ***Official Timberwolves @ Jazz GDT 18 Mar Official***

Post by somuchyummy »

Hey! I'm adding a GDT Winsome Lass - again, with no connection to the game tonight. But we're prepping for the Paris Olympics in July - so this just popped up on my feed the other day. And what a story! Twin sisters Lina and Laviai Nielsen are two of Great Britain's fastest track stars looking for medals this summer (400 meters and hurdles). And... they both have Multiple Sclerosis! Wow. Here's a pic of one them - I think Laviai, although in other places it's labeled Lina. They are identical, lovely, winsome and obviously made of very tough stuff.

Cheers again and Go Timberwolves!
Last edited by somuchyummy on Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

same team on the road in consecutive games is stupid in an 82 game season but what are you gunna do. Hopefully an easy win so everyone can rest since I am going to the Nuggets game tomorrow, and Nugs are going to be pissed and not wanting to lose consecutive games and will be rested after a sunday day game.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

boxter432 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:48 am same team on the road in consecutive games is stupid in an 82 game season but what are you gunna do. Hopefully an easy win so everyone can rest since I am going to the Nuggets game tomorrow, and Nugs are going to be pissed and not wanting to lose consecutive games and will be rested after a sunday day game.
that's going to be a test for the wolves. maybe they should rest rudy one more game and cut bite-bite's minutes in half if monte can go. not worried about Ant's minutes--he'll have the energy to go on back to backs.
PanicWolf

Post by PanicWolf »

The rub on Ant is that he won’t have the energy for Tuesday.

Denver is going to leave Jaden wiiiide open is my guess.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

PanicWolf wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:08 am The rub on Ant is that he won’t have the energy for Tuesday.

i think he's just getting going. i don't see him lacking in the energy department. it'd be nice if he got most, if not all of the 4th quarter off tonight to be sure though.
twolves31

Post by twolves31 »

PanicWolf wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:08 am The rub on Ant is that he won’t have the energy for Tuesday.

I think Ant will be highly motivated against Denver.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

if Markkanen and Collins are back - and Rudy is still out - I don't see this as an easy win.

just my opinion, but I think a front court crew of Markkanen, Collins, Kessler, Sensabaugh, Yurtseven, Hendricks and THT trumps what we might have available - Naz, Kyle, Jaden, Garza, Warren, Miller and Minott. Especially if any of the starters get into foul trouble - and, yes, I'm looking at you, Jaden. Luka, TJ, Lenny and Josh have a combined 240 minutes of court time this season. The four last names on that Utah list (above) have nearly 2000.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:06 am if Markkanen and Collins are back - and Rudy is still out - I don't see this as an easy win.

just my opinion, but I think a front court crew of Markkanen, Collins, Kessler, Sensabaugh, Yurtseven, Hendricks and THT trumps what we might have available - Naz, Kyle, Jaden, Garza, Warren, Miller and Minott. Especially if any of the starters get into foul trouble - and, yes, I'm looking at you, Jaden. Luka, TJ, Lenny and Josh have a combined 240 minutes of court time this season.
I’m with you. Especially with Lari. Hopefully there’s some rust, but I don’t like our matchups with him especially if Rudy is out.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
ChrisPaulGeorgeHill

Post by ChrisPaulGeorgeHill »

If no Gobert tonight and Collins and Lauri are a go, I can see this a rather lopsided victory in Utah’s favor.

Rebounding is going to be a HUGE problem in this scenario as NAZ is a very poor rebounder and McDaniels is an even worse rebounder. I’m a fan of KA, but if he’s arguably your best rebounder, you’re in BIG trouble.

I think defensively, we may get annihilated in the paint with no Rudy.

We need to come out aggressive and not fuck around, otherwise, it will be ugly I fear.
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

ChrisPaulGeorgeHill wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:11 pm If no Gobert tonight and Collins and Lauri are a go, I can see this a rather lopsided victory in Utah’s favor.

Rebounding is going to be a HUGE problem in this scenario as NAZ is a very poor rebounder and McDaniels is an even worse rebounder. I’m a fan of KA, but if he’s arguably your best rebounder, you’re in BIG trouble.

I think defensively, we may get annihilated in the paint with no Rudy.

We need to come out aggressive and not fuck around, otherwise, it will be ugly I fear.
Markannen is hardly a fiercesome rebounder. And again he does much of his damage from the perimeter, not in the paint.

Collin’s is pretty good inside and as a rebounder.

For some reason i expect a game much like Saturday where the wolves take care of business in a steady, but not flashy way.
ChrisPaulGeorgeHill

Gobert out again per Horton.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

garza minutes. have a game luka!
ChrisPaulGeorgeHill

Read a site that said Markkanen is active for tonight.

Don’t know if that is true or not.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

ChrisPaulGeorgeHill wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:01 pm Read a site that said Markkanen is active for tonight.

Don’t know if that is true or not.
it is.

Alan Horton
@WolvesRadio
Jazz will have both Lauri Markkanen & John Collins available tonight vs. Wolves. Jordan Clarkson remains out.
ChrisPaulGeorgeHill

Well fuck.

We gotta rebound tonight. I think if we end up losing this game, a big part of it I fear will be we were rebounding poorly.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Go team.
ChrisPaulGeorgeHill

Also, don’t be surprised if we seem listless and disinterested in this game as our squad may be looking ahead to tomorrow’s battle against the Chicken Nuggets.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Ant's working towards that MVP award. he can smell it. expecting another big game from AE tonight.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Again. Serious concern about Rudy's rib injury. If it lingers like his back did last season, he's a whole different player. And I can see a thing like a bruised rib lingering.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Hoping their size doesn't kill us. even in the last game, an end of bench guy like Yurtseven got in for 18 minutes - 14 points on 6 of 7 shooting.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:04 pm Again. Serious concern about Rudy's rib injury. If it lingers like his back did last season, he's a whole different player. And I can see a thing like a bruised rib lingering.
Dane Moore
@DaneMooreNBA
As both a promo for the episode and a note on Gobert’s status tonight, in this one I was joined by @ChristopherHine, who has been on this LA-through-Utah road trip, and he discusses his understanding of Gobert’s bizarre rib sprain injury. Chris noted Gobert was in street clothes at Saturday morning’s shootaround (when he ended up not playing), and just reported Gobert was in uniform for this morning’s shootaround.

he's progressing.
Jack Soo 5

Post by Jack Soo 5 »

Hopefully we can sneak one out tonight, before the tough game against the Nuggs. Let's Go!!
Keep your stick on the ice
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Was going to ask if Rudy flew back early, but he just showed up on the bench.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Shaping up to be needing a Clipper-esque comeback.
My body, my choice.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

Let’s not start slow and get down big early.

Checks score. Down 10 already. Super.
Another stretch where there are just zero stops.
Last edited by boxter432 on Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Naz ends the 13-0 run and then hits a three.

Naz reid
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

those are the types of fouls against jaden that hurt. did he foul?
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Nice block by Jaden. Gotta point out his few highlights as of late.
My body, my choice.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Naz Reid is really elevating his game in the starting role
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."