Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

My prediction? Vikings trade up and draft J.J. McCarthy

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Butch Bradford

My prediction? Vikings trade up and draft J.J. McCarthy

Post by Butch Bradford »

Book it.

William Munny

Re: My prediction? Vikings trade up and draft J.J. McCarthy

Post by William Munny »

They would have to get to #3 for that to be a possibility.
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

"Outside of Caleb Williams, who I think has the unique talent to thrive wherever he’s drafted, the second most successful QB in this draft will be whoever Kevin O'Connell of the Vikings lands. That’s my official QB bet of the draft," Cowherd posted on his official twitter account.
"Smart, smart offensive coach ... Kevin O'Connell is a really bright coach, best receiver in the league and an excellent No. 2 in Jordan Addison, excellent tight end, a top 5 left tackle, and they just signed Aaron Jones from the Packers.

"That and you don't have to start immediately. Sam Darnold for a year starts, so if I'm Drake Maye, Michael Penix, JJ McCarthy, Bo Nix, Jayden Daniels, boy that is really, really attractive in Minnesota."
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/co ... 7da7&ei=37
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

almost 15 minutes into this butch. interesting about this guy's business and how he's monetized his love of football--but when do they start talking the vikings draft pick? :lol:
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

I said it yesterday that it's possible the Patriots draft JJ. It's especially possible if their not sold on Maye.
Butch Bradford

Post by Butch Bradford »

weimy froob wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:21 pm
almost 15 minutes into this butch. interesting about this guy's business and how he's monetized his love of football--but when do they start talking the vikings draft pick? :lol:
At the 15+ mark. :lol:
cdr2529

Post by cdr2529 »

That would be a bust to draft him before the top three
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Butch Bradford wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:25 pm
weimy froob wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:21 pm
At the 15+ mark. :lol:
:thumbsup: that was good. JJ might be gone before the vikings pick. more mobile than maye and real good accuracy when he's moved off his spot. his over the middle completions that complement a KOC offense too. if the vikings get to three he very well might be the guy butch.
Butch Bradford

Post by Butch Bradford »

This guy prefers Maye but considers McCarthy #4 QB. He says later that McCarthy needs a year before starting. That's the way it should be unless he beats out Darnold for the job.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

I'm just super excited that Qwesi is movin and shakin! The Vikes are going to get a highly rated QB and one can only hope he leads us to glory!!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

Very good pod, Thor going over the QB's and what he sees in them.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

LOL!

It is like Mel is about 2-3 weeks behind mlhouse on all of this.
witljon

Post by witljon »

It’ll be interesting to see which of these to QB prospects bust.
Butch Bradford

Post by Butch Bradford »

This Giants fan is shaken in his boots. He's not a fan of McCarthy, even though it is rumored the Giants like him.

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Butch Bradford wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:23 pm This Giants fan is shaken in his boots. He's not a fan of McCarthy, even though it is rumored the Giants like him.

the solution for the vikings/giants is that new england doesn't want to take a QB at three. if they do then the cardinals or the chargers are going to be getting nice compensation for their first round picks from either of those teams.

for me it comes down to the mobility factor with maye or mccarthy. how much do you want your QB to have that elusiveness? i want the more mobile guy myself.
Butch Bradford

Post by Butch Bradford »

Here we go.

This guys thinks McCarthy is a "massive reach" but still mocks the Vikes trading up to draft JJ McCarthy at 5 overall. It took both 11 & 23.

Butch Bradford

Post by Butch Bradford »

This guy also mocks Vikings trade up to draft JJ McCarthy costs 11 and 23, in return for 5 and 69.

Butch Bradford

Post by Butch Bradford »

This guy likes the trade for the Texans but warns to "watch out for the Vikings to be aggressive in the draft" to get their franchise QB.

He thinks either Daniels or McCarthy.

Butch Bradford

Post by Butch Bradford »

weimy froob wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:35 pm
Butch Bradford wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:23 pm This Giants fan is shaken in his boots. He's not a fan of McCarthy, even though it is rumored the Giants like him.

the solution for the vikings/giants is that new england doesn't want to take a QB at three. if they do then the cardinals or the chargers are going to be getting nice compensation for their first round picks from either of those teams.

for me it comes down to the mobility factor with maye or mccarthy. how much do you want your QB to have that elusiveness? i want the more mobile guy myself.
Me too, and that would be McCarthy.
OGR

Post by OGR »

No one is taking JJ at 3 my god
D_H

Post by D_H »

Could McCarthy possibly slip to the second or third round it’s a possibility.

Some deeper intermediate and deep throws lose energy on the back end.

Has very average arm not an explosive.

Must become quicker with elimination and isolation from the pocket.

Missed a few too many routine throws with less-than-precise ball placement. Must be tightened up.

Has a tendency at times to break down and leave the pocket when he perceives pressure.

Needs to stay within structure.

At times, labored to drive the ball when on the move. Ball did not jump off his hand with natural velocity.

Occasionally has a tendency to be late on some intermediate and vertical throws.

The tape doesn't show a natural sense of timing and anticipation. Don't see those kinds of rhythmic throws.  

Not an off-platform thrower. Needs a firm, solid base to drive the ball and throw with any kind of velocity; has to use his entire body to deliver with juice.

Too many poor ball-placement throws. Shows tendency to be erratic with his accuracy on routine throws.

Jim Harbaugh did not seem to trust him in national championship game. That’s a red flag to NFL scouts, and coaches.

NFL comparison: Chad Henne
D_H

Post by D_H »

Butch Bradford wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:52 pm Book it.

Mel lol never picked up a football in his life lol

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTLFJEQrK/
Butch Bradford

Post by Butch Bradford »

D_H wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:54 pm Could McCarthy possibly slip to the second or third round it’s a possibility.

Missed a few too many routine throws with less-than-precise ball placement. Must be tightened up.

Has a tendency at times to break down and leave the pocket when he perceives pressure.

At times, labored to drive the ball when on the move. Ball did not jump off his hand with natural velocity.

Occasionally has a tendency to be late on some intermediate and vertical throws.

The tape doesn't show a natural sense of timing and anticipation. Don't see those kinds of rhythmic throws.  

Not an off-platform thrower. Needs a firm, solid base to drive the ball and throw with any kind of velocity; has to use his entire body to deliver with juice.

Too many poor ball-placement throws. Shows tendency to be erratic with his accuracy on routine throws.

Jim Harbaugh did not seem to trust him in national championship game. That’s a red flag to NFL scouts, and coaches.

:lol:
Offsides 97 defense

Post by Offsides 97 defense »

Butch Bradford wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:48 am
D_H wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:54 pm Could McCarthy possibly slip to the second or third round it’s a possibility.

Just continue to quote these ridiculous DH takes. He and the other resident idiot have short memories on their posts and sometimes go back and edit them.
"Pickett"
"Sir yes sir"
"1800, Engineers, You go out and find mines"
Butch Bradford

Post by Butch Bradford »

Offsides 97 defense wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:00 am
Butch Bradford wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:48 am

Just continue to quote these ridiculous DH takes. He and the other resident idiot have short memories on their posts and sometimes go back and edit them.
What will be funny is when he loses his shit after the Vikings trade up and draft McCarthy.
Butch Bradford

Post by Butch Bradford »

-VikingsTw- wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:25 pm
Very good pod, Thor going over the QB's and what he sees in them.
Early on he was pounding the table for the Vikings to draft McCarthy.
D_H

Post by D_H »

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-media-max-width="560"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Daniel Jeremiah: “I think Minnesota will put forth a strong effort to try and get up to get Drake Maye.” <a href="https://t.co/iu8ULIkWpE">pic.twitter.co ... </p>&mdash; vikesinsider (@vikesinsider) <a href=" 15, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
The Lizard King

Post by The Lizard King »

My prediction? Sam Darnold has such a stellar 2024 season that the Vikings extend him to a long-term deal.
"If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first." - KDC
Butch Bradford

Post by Butch Bradford »

D_H wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:13 am <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-media-max-width="560"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Daniel Jeremiah: “I think Minnesota will put forth a strong effort to try and get up to get Drake Maye.” <a href="https://t.co/iu8ULIkWpE">pic.twitter.co ... </p>&mdash; vikesinsider (@vikesinsider) <a href=" 15, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Did you fall off the Penix bandwagon?