Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Fran Tarkenton on Kfan right now likes….

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
D_H

Fran Tarkenton on Kfan right now likes….

Post by D_H »

Nix

Said the Vikings should stay at 11 and draft him

That’s Fran Fn Tarkenton talkin kids!! :thumbsup:
Jacksquat

Re: Fran Tarkenton on Kfan right now likes….

Post by Jacksquat »

Yup heard the same thing and if be fine with nix
D_H

Post by D_H »

Jacksquat wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:57 am Yup heard the same thing and if be fine with nix
Said he loves him
cdr2529

Post by cdr2529 »

D_H wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:48 am Nix

That’s Fran Fn Tarkenton, talkin' kids!! :thumbsup:
You don't make this move to draft nix! You could have stayed there and not made a trade because Nix would have been there anyway
D_H

Post by D_H »

cdr2529 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:11 am

You don't make this move to draft nix! You could have stayed there and not made a trade because Nix would have been there anyway
I tend to agree I believe the Vikings have one the top three quarterbacks in mind - as well they should

Tarkington said he would draft him at 11

You can’t discount the evaluation from Hall of Fame quarterback it means something. It’s not some idiot on the website doing mock drafts.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

Where is Fran getting this take from? Has he seen him play? Or from the combine? Just wondering.
D_H

Post by D_H »

Mplsfonz wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:54 am Where is Fran getting this take from? Has he seen him play? Or from the combine? Just wondering.
He told PA he has seen him play several times

I’m sure you can listen to the whole interview if you go on the website. 👍
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

I agree. But maybe the have someone at 23 they really like. KAM is pulling us all over the map. At least we should have a fun day one.
D_H

Post by D_H »

Mplsfonz wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:57 am

I agree. But maybe the have someone at 23 they really like. KAM is pulling us all over the map. At least we should have a fun day one.
Yep they could take Nix at 11 or perhaps Michael Penix Junior, and get a great defensive player at 23
Jacksquat

Post by Jacksquat »

I agree their setting up to get someone other than nix.
D_H

Post by D_H »

Jacksquat wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:58 am I agree their setting up to get someone other than nix.

Both Fran Tarkenton and Kurt Warner love Nix - that means something to me. I don’t trust knuckleheads that do mock drafts that work for websites. They are just getting propaganda from agents.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

If Fran was on KFAN, how trustworthy can he really be?
Let's get Tropical
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

I just said this the other day, primarily because I don't like the idea of blowing insane draft capital to move up and Nix looks like he has some talent from his highlights.

I haven't watched much of Nix but he's got a lot of haters. Doesn't sound like he was that good at Auburn.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

-VikingsTw- wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:53 am I just said this the other day, primarily because I don't like the idea of blowing insane draft capital to move up.

I haven't watched much of Nix but he's got a lot of haters.
As of right now though, we're only in for two 2nds.
That's not insane draft capital.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
D_H

Post by D_H »

-VikingsTw- wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:53 am I just said this the other day, primarily because I don't like the idea of blowing insane draft capital to move up and Nix looks like he has some talent from his highlights.

I haven't watched much of Nix but he's got a lot of haters. Doesn't sound like he was that good at Auburn.

I have not heard one former NFL quarterback that hates him. This kind of crap is just coming from writers that do NFL mock drafts. I put no stock in their opinion at all / a lot of them are influenced by agents hyping them up like Drew Lock was a few years ago.
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

0-3.
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

D_H wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:56 am
-VikingsTw- wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:53 am I just said this the other day, primarily because I don't like the idea of blowing insane draft capital to move up and Nix looks like he has some talent from his highlights.

I have not heard one former NFL quarterback that hates him. This kind of crap is just coming from writers that do NFL mock drafts. I put no stock in their opinion at all / a lot of them are influenced by agents hyping them up like Drew Lock was a few years ago.
Just watched Thor's take on the podcast butch has in his thread today. He's not an NFL insider or ex player but he makes some really interesting points. I also think Thor is pretty smart guy, he's not a dummy. And just because someone isn't an ex player or whatever doesn't mean they don't have talent evaluation skills.

Thor claims Bo has trouble getting to the end of progression reads and making the play. This is obviously a very hard thing to do and one of the reasons why Elite QB's are so rare.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

-VikingsTw- wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:22 pm
D_H wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:56 am

Just watched Thor's take on the podcast butch has in his thread today. He's not an NFL insider or ex player but he makes some really interesting points. I also think Thor is pretty smart guy, he's not a dummy. And just because someone isn't an ex player or whatever doesn't mean they don't have talent evaluation skills.

Thor claims Bo has trouble getting to the end of progression reads and making the play. This is obviously a very hard thing to do and one of the reasons why Elite QB's are so rare.
arm strength on deep throws were a concern for thor too. the drew brees comparison sounds valid in where he could end up and his strengths as a QB.
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

Id rather have nix and not trade up. He is accurate and mobile. The question is Will Fran let him wear #10? I bet he would not.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Obi-Wan wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:09 am Id rather have nix and not trade up. He is accurate and mobile. The question is Will Fran let him wear #10? I bet he would not.
Drake Maye also wore #10.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
D_H

Post by D_H »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:27 am
Obi-Wan wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:09 am Id rather have nix and not trade up. He is accurate and mobile. The question is Will Fran let him wear #10? I bet he would not.
Drake Maye also wore #10.
It’s happening! :D
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

The way Bo scrambles I think it reminds Fran of himself. He's got a couple scrambles where it looks like Fran.

One of the craziest plays I've seen from these college QB's is right here at 2:17.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksmJ52qd-SE

I'm still yet to be convinced that Bo doesn't have the arm strength. The deal about him not making it deep through reads and making the play would take significant film study or proof from someone who has already found that consistent trait in his game.

Many of these QB's in this class have things to like about them. It's a deep class. We've said it before about other classes and in hindsight it didn't work but not all of them get great opportunities.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Nix with the #11 pick?
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:19 pm
Nix with the #11 pick?
Id do it. Don't think he will last to 23 but you never know if the QBs are being over valued pre draft. Seems 1 or 2 QB drop quite often.
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

Merril Hoge here talking a little bit about Bo Nix. Total reverse opinion on his "processing" from that of Thor Nystrom's opinion.

Really interesting and has some takes on Caleb Williams. Today is the first day I've really looked at Caleb and my question right out of gate was basically can this guy throw and work from an NFL pocket. I watch Jayden Daniels and I see no hesitations or reservations that he's gonna be able to work a pocket. I'll be interested to find more on his opinion about Daniels.

Finally he still thinks Kenny Pickett will be alright. I'm not really sure what happened in Pittsburg but Picket is a QB that I liked a lot. And funny enough Jordan Addison loves Kenny but it's obvious why, those two had a very nice connection.

Maybe the most interesting thing about this snippet is how he believes that it's rare if impossible to fix QB's that are erratic with the football. Worried about Drake Maye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbyebcsa2oI
Last edited by -VikingsTw- on Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D_H

Post by D_H »

-VikingsTw- wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:34 pm Merril Hoge here talking a little bit about Bo Nix. Total reverse opinion on his "processing" from that of Thor Nystrom's opinion.

Really interesting and has some takes on Caleb Williams. Today is the first day I've really looked at Caleb and my question right out of gate was basically can this guy throw and work from an NFL pocket. I watch Jayden Daniels and I see no hesitations or reservations that he's gonna be able to work a pocket. I'll be interested to find more on his opinion about Daniels.

Finally he still thinks Kenny Pickett will be alright. I'm not really sure what happened in Pittsburg but Picket is a QB that I liked a lot. And funny enough Jordan Addison loves Kenny but it's obvious why, those two had a very nice connection.

Maybe the most interesting thing about this snippet is how he believes that it's rare if impossible to fix QB's that erratic with the football. Worried about Drake Maye.

Thanks for the post, but neither one of them played quarterback in the NFL.
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

D_H wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:36 pm

What does that have to do with anything?
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

-VikingsTw- wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:34 pm Merril Hoge here talking a little bit about Bo Nix. Total reverse opinion on his "processing" from that of Thor Nystrom's opinion.

Maybe the most interesting thing about this snippet is how he believes that it's rare if impossible to fix QB's that are erratic with the football. Worried about Drake Maye.

Has Hoge fully recovered from his concussions?
D_H

Post by D_H »

-VikingsTw- wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:38 pm

In evaluating quarterbacks? I’m not sure what you mean.
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

D_H wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:40 pm
-VikingsTw- wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:38 pm

In evaluating quarterbacks? I’m not sure what you mean.
Your gonna write off peoples opinion because they never played QB?

That's insane, I've never played organized football and I've nailed countless college prospects over the years. I totally get it that it's fun to get their takes but if they were so right then why aren't these guys the GM's of every NFL team in the league?

What the f*ck has John Elway done to get the Broncos a QB? :lol: