Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Packer FA shockers.

TheLokNesMonster

Packer FA shockers.

Post by TheLokNesMonster »

Dave Bahk released, not a surprise, but he was a top 5 tackle in Pack history. Too beat up, but he’s had surgery and doesn’t appear ready to retire. We’ll see.

Aaron Jones. Ouch. The Vikes are getting a great one. This guy will give you everything. Pack had a number and Jones had his. It was business and nothing more. Jones has at least one year and maybe two at the level he finished last season. This is a loss. He will be missed greatly.

Josh Jacobs will take his place. A decent signing. He’s younger. He is north south and not as fast or versatile as Jones, but seems more durable. Overall, in the short term, this is a downgrade at the position, but at the same time, with GB’s trio of solid TE’s, Jones’ receiving is not as crucial anymore. They want a guy who can carry the ball and punish runners and stay healthy. That’s Josh Jacobs.

Xavier McDaniel. The Packers secondary is the weak link. This guy is a home run signing. The new Pack DC wanted him and they got him. He’s 24 and one of the most versatile DB’s in the league. He can play LB too on occasion, but his value is his ability to play any coverage and be in on more tackles than all but 5 DB’s in the league.
PackIsBack

Re: Packer FA shockers.

Post by PackIsBack »

Jacobs is a clear upgrade over Jones. We all know what happens when RB's move from their late 20's into their early 30's. This is a classic one year too soon vs one year too late move. If Jones was 26 he'd be getting a Jacobs type contract but instead he's on a one year deal which is likely going to be how his contracts look from here on out. And I can't imagine that playing 10 or more games on turf is going to make him any more available than he was in GB. I have his over/under on games played in 2024 at 9.5.

What concerns me a bit about Jacobs is the 340 carries in 2022. It's rare for a RB to get that much action these days and it's usually followed up by a down season. We saw that last year but he was also injured and disgruntled over his contract. Hopefully we get that 2022 version with more help from Wilson and/or a couple of rookies to keep those miles down.

Xavier McKinney is huge. HUGE!! H-U-G-E!! The Haffley defense doesn't work without a guy like him defending the goal posts. Now that they have that piece they can add another mid tier vet safety and draft another 2 or 3 DB's. The backfield is so thin but they now have two All Pro's to build around. Add another 1 or 2 off ball LB's and this defense is going to be a big problem for Jones and (checks notes...) Kirk.. wait, that's not right... Sam Darnold?

Runyan Jr. got a $30 million contract. That's crazy. He's not terrible but was the weak link on the OL. Good luck and congrats on that haul, Junior!
:clap: “It... is... GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!” “No, he missed it! Are you kidding me? He missed it right.” :clap:
Unbiased Observer

Post by Unbiased Observer »

Hurts seeing Jones go but the front office is ruthlessly unsentimental about this stuff.

I have to say it has been REALLY nice not having to hear about Erin Rahgers and all his thin-skinned butthurt drama.
After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true.
PackIsBack

Post by PackIsBack »

Rodgers? Oh, you mean the potential VP for RFK, Jr? If he doesn't pick Jesse Ventura instead of him?

I swear, this fucking country... :lol: :beer:
:clap: “It... is... GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!” “No, he missed it! Are you kidding me? He missed it right.” :clap:
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

Doobie Jones jersey burning, high noon, this Saturday?
Fortune Tellers Make a Killing Nowadays
anthony

Post by anthony »

Sarge wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:54 pm Doobie Jones jersey burning, high noon, this Saturday?
They’re going to roll it up and smoke it….
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

PackIsBack wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:52 pm Jacobs is a clear upgrade over Jones. We all know what happens when RB's move from their late 20's into their early 30's. This is a classic one year too soon vs one year too late move. If Jones was 26 he'd be getting a Jacobs type contract but instead he's on a one year deal which is likely going to be how his contracts look from here on out. And I can't imagine that playing 10 or more games on turf is going to make him any more available than he was in GB. I have his over/under on games played in 2024 at 9.5.

What concerns me a bit about Jacobs is the 340 carries in 2022. It's rare for a RB to get that much action these days and it's usually followed up by a down season. We saw that last year but he was also injured and disgruntled over his contract. Hopefully we get that 2022 version with more help from Wilson and/or a couple of rookies to keep those miles down.

Xavier McKinney is huge. HUGE!! H-U-G-E!! The Haffley defense doesn't work without a guy like him defending the goal posts. Now that they have that piece they can add another mid tier vet safety and draft another 2 or 3 DB's. The backfield is so thin but they now have two All Pro's to build around. Add another 1 or 2 off ball LB's and this defense is going to be a big problem for Jones and (checks notes...) Kirk.. wait, that's not right... Sam Darnold?

Runyan Jr. got a $30 million contract. That's crazy. He's not terrible but was the weak link on the OL. Good luck and congrats on that haul, Junior!
Jacobs is a downgrade. Upgrade over dillon. Dillon sucks.
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

Sarge wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:54 pm Doobie Jones jersey burning, high noon, this Saturday?
Don't forget the "I'll never forget you darron" tshirts.
Unbiased Observer

Post by Unbiased Observer »

Obi-Wan wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:05 am
Maybe a downgrade against a young healthy Aaron Jones. Over the next four years he is a definite upgrade over a 30+ often-injured Jones.
After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true.
PackIsBack

Post by PackIsBack »

Obi-Wan wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:05 am
PackIsBack wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:52 pm Jacobs is a clear upgrade over Jones. We all know what happens when RB's move from their late 20's into their early 30's. This is a classic one year too soon vs one year too late move. If Jones was 26 he'd be getting a Jacobs type contract but instead he's on a one year deal which is likely going to be how his contracts look from here on out. And I can't imagine that playing 10 or more games on turf is going to make him any more available than he was in GB. I have his over/under on games played in 2024 at 9.5.

I'll take 16-17 games from Jacobs over 10-12 games from Jones.