Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Darnold to Vikings 1 year 10 million ***Everything Darnold Thread***

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Hector

Re: Darnold to Vikings 1 year 10 million ***Everything Darnold Thread***

Post by Hector »

Slap Shot wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:56 am jfc does anyone else have a more punchable face? I had no idea what he looked like until this thread.
It's up there, but look at Kirk's grill picture... pretty punchable.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Just watched a presser with KOC, KAM, Jones and Darnold. KOC said his coach speak wasn’t saying much. Close relationships with Kirk, but didn’t want to pay. Didn’t want to say Darnold was a bridge quarterback. Brought up footwork and development.

Darnold interview got me kinda pumped. Last two years he has been working in the WCO system and learned a lot in SF. Mentioned Kubiak and Griese in helping his development. He now moves his feet with his eyes when going through progressions.

Jones was in shades and very professional. Upgrade.

Overall feeling is that Darnold has earned a shot here. He has been humbled and now puts in the work.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

cunningham wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:20 pm Just watched a presser with KOC, KAM, Jones and Darnold. KOC said his coach speak wasn’t saying much. Close relationships with Kirk, but didn’t want to pay. Didn’t want to say Darnold was a bridge quarterback. Brought up footwork and development.

Darnold interview got me kinda pumped. Last two years he has been working in the WCO system and learned a lot in SF. Mentioned Kubiak and Griese in helping his development. He now moves his feet with his eyes when going through progressions.

Overall feeling is that Darnold has earned a shot here. He has been humbled and now put in the work.
Man, I need to watch this. I know they loved Darnold. My bona is ROCK.

The facts are Kwesi and KOC had Darnold in their sights when the season ended.

People better be careful what they wish for. Darnold may end up better here than whoever they get at QB. I highly doubt tier 2 QBs in this draft end up being worth the #11 pick when we look back at it in a few years.

SPIN IT SAM. SPIN IT.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:22 pm
cunningham wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:20 pm Just watched a presser with KOC, KAM, Jones and Darnold. KOC said his coach speak wasn’t saying much. Close relationships with Kirk, but didn’t want to pay. Didn’t want to say Darnold was a bridge quarterback. Brought up footwork and development.

Overall feeling is that Darnold has earned a shot here. He has been humbled and now put in the work.

People better be careful what they wish for. Darnold may end up better here than whoever they get at QB. I highly doubt tier 2 QBs in this draft end up being worth the #11 pick when we look back at it in a few years.

SPIN IT SAM. SPIN IT.
i think darnold got the better of the vikings in this contract negotiation. kwesi should have signed him for a two year deal with the second year only partially guaranteed. if he blows up you have him for another year. if not, you'd still have the option of keeping him for a reasonable price or release him.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

weimy froob wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:34 pm

SPIN IT SAM. SPIN IT.
i think darnold got the better of the vikings in this contract negotiation. kwesi should have signed him for a two year deal with the second year only partially guaranteed. if he blows up you have him for another year. if not, you'd still have the option of keeping him for a reasonable price or release him.
Agreed. I thought about this scenario also. If he sucks, we are going to be glad it’s done after a year though also.

It would be a good problem to have though, wouldn’t ya type?
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

SPIN IT SAM. SPIN IT.
Watch the press conference and take a drink every time he says "um." Good lord.
Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

SPIN IT SAM. SPIN IT.
I think his history with McCown was big. Darnold’s face lit up when talking about him and when he met KOC when he was in high school. He didn’t go into too much about his earlier struggles, but KOC and KAM eluded to how quarterbacks get blamed for too much sometimes.

Darnold seemed very humble and ready to put in hard work and the hours. Stressed the importance of OTAs to training camp. How much experience he gained from the quarterback room in SF. KOC talked about the quarterback room for the Vikings and how involved he is with that.

My read is that they are drafting a quarterback high, but Darnold is here to compete. They didn’t talk like he was a for sure starter. GM and HC said the 1 year deal was Darnold’s choice. He sees this as an opportunity.

I like Darnold so far. He beat Lance out in SF and now he is here to earn it. Talked about SF being a very similar offense and his experience with that.

It’s exciting.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:36 pm
weimy froob wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:34 pm

SPIN IT SAM. SPIN IT.
Agreed. I thought about this scenario also. If he sucks, we are going to be glad it’s done after a year though also.

It would be a good problem to have though, wouldn’t ya type?
look what mayfield got. you risk five million to stay away from a 30 million dollar QB for another year. if KOC told kwesi this is the guy he wanted and he thought they could compete for the division title then kwesi should've thought it out a little better in the risk/reward bet.

as i told you before--i think there are a lot of QBs out there that can hit the vikings open receivers. this guy might be one of them.
witljon

Post by witljon »

SPIN IT SAM. SPIN IT.
I’m not sure if a tier 2 QB is worth the 11th pick or not, but like the chances that QB will have a better career than Darnold.
The Lizard King

Post by The Lizard King »

Slap Shot wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:28 pm
The Lizard King wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:46 am
Slap Shot wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:56 am jfc does anyone else have a more punchable face? I had no idea what he looked like until this thread.
Bro, he, like I, would kick your ass.

Hope this helps.
He's not going to fuck you and I'm a mean machine.
1. He has the wrong plumbing to be my type, bruh.

2. OK. :lol:
"If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first." - KDC
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

The Jones Darnold presser was dope. Both guys said “Umm” about every other word that that’s all some are talking about. :lol:

Both guys seemed really awkward and Aaron Jones seemed completely out of place. It seemed so forced with him, very Greg Jennings like.

The “Juice” is in the air though. You can just feel the electricity of a new group of men coming together. Man, this thing FINALLY feels FRESH.

You also factor in that there could possibly be one of the top QBs in the draft added to room and you have youth ready to battle it out. Uff uff uff (Tim Taylor Noise) unbelievable stuff here.

Here’s a little fun fact for dat AZZ…… Sam Darnold is only 1 year older than Jared “Lollipop Kid” Ball. :o
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Just want to talk about Sam “Da Kid” Darnold for a moment with all the drafting a QB talk.

I’ll try to link the video but Colin Cowherd is in LOVE with this situation and has been going on and on about it.

He LOVES KOC and thinks Darnold is going to really take off here. He says he will be even better than Mayfield and he has the Vikings…Wait for it…. MAKING THE PLAYOFFS.

Me and LizardKing are already on record that Darnold is going to go EN FUEGO this upcoming season.

#SpinIt

— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:07 pm Just want to talk about Sam “Da Kid” Darnold for a moment with all the drafting a QB talk.

I’ll try to link the video but Colin Cowherd is in LOVE with this situation and has been going on and on about it.

He LOVES KOC and thinks Darnold is going to really take off here. He says he will be even better than Mayfield and he has the Vikings…Wait for it…. MAKING THE PLAYOFFS.

Me and LizardKing are already on record that Darnold is going to go EN FUEGO this upcoming season.

#SpinIt

Colin Cowherd is a mongrel idiot.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:07 pm Just want to talk about Sam “Da Kid” Darnold for a moment with all the drafting a QB talk.

#SpinIt

Just can't help himself. :lol:
SKOLTROL

Post by SKOLTROL »

Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:38 pm

#SpinIt

mongrel
/mŏng′grəl, mŭng′-/

An animal or plant resulting from various interbreedings, especially a dog of mixed or undetermined breed.
A person of mixed background or descent.

Reported!
Spoiler:
:fight:
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

#SpinIt

I know but I do enjoy him from time to time.

He’s also thinks this is the best situation a drafted QB can land in. He thinks Maye here would be absolutely dynamite also.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

hategreenticemase wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:47 pm

#SpinIt

Kids got all the physical attributes you could hope for. Cannon arm, strong and athletic on the move. It’s all in his head. I believe KOC can get the most out of him and we were linked to liking him for awhile. He’s going to play well here I believe. He’s one year older than Hall and has 10xs the talent yet you needed to see Hall.

C’MON MAN GET BEHIND OUR NEW GUY UNDER CENTER.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:00 pm

#SpinIt

I know but I do enjoy him from time to time.

He’s also thinks this is the best situation a drafted QB can land in. He thinks Maye here would be absolutely dynamite also.
Colin Cowherd is a brilliant divine blessing upon the 21st century.

- Isaac Asimov
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:02 pm

#SpinIt

Kids got all the physical attributes you could hope for. Cannon arm, strong and athletic on the move. It’s all in his head. I believe KOC can get the most out of him and we were linked to liking him for awhile. He’s going to play well here I believe. He’s one year older than Hall and has 10xs the talent yet you needed to see Hall.

And hair that makes Conan O’Brien blush.

- Isaac Asimov
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

With the added defensive help still convinced this club is twice as good as anything they fielded after Cousins went down.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
The Lizard King

"If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first." - KDC
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:10 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:02 pm

And hair that makes Conan O’Brien blush.
It’s all between the ears with this kid. Can KOC figure it out? I believe so. He’s never had a group on offense even remotely close to what we have.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

The Lizard King wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:38 pm Carson's brother knows what's up.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Big fan of the other Palmer.

Also love the Sam Darnold comparison to Goff. :lol:
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Mandatory wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:10 pm With the added defensive help still convinced this club is twice as good as anything they fielded after Cousins went down.
Agreed. They haven’t signed huge names on defense but they have signed a whole bunch of new guys and on defense, the sum of its parts is more important.

I believe Darnold is better than what we had here after Cousins went down. He also has a chip on his shoulder and everything to prove to revive his career. If he can’t make it here with KOC and all our weapons, he isn’t making it anywhere.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Also where are the jokes about “Cowherd loves KOC”

I almost hate it here anymore.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
The Lizard King

Mandatory wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:53 pm
The Lizard King wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:38 pm Carson's brother knows what's up.

Big fan of the other Palmer.

Also love the Sam Darnold comparison to Goff. :lol:
Darnold > > > Goff
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

That throw he broke down with Carolina in the red zone was an absolute gem.

Darnold was the best FA QB option by a mile. If he could get a chance in a good situation, stay healthy and take care of the football his career is still on at age 26.
The Lizard King

#SpinIt

:beer:

I'm cheering for the Vikings in 2024 for the first time since 1998.

:beer:
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

Alright that's gotta be somebody's bit^^^

You couldn't find any good reason to root for this team in 26 years and quote a Sam Darnold Meme?

I hope this ain't you Sergeant Rubetube, and to be real Darnold could potentially turn it around but let facts be facts.

QB's make coaches look great, not the other way around.

The ideal situation is they complement each other with a bunch of other great talent around them.

Even Tom Brady had that, through the countless years they had talent in various years at various positions. Mahomes has the best coach in the NFL, the best TE in the NFL, the best DT in the NFL and at one point had a top five WR in the NFL.
The Lizard King

-VikingsTw- wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:52 pm Alright that's gotta be somebody's bit^^^

You couldn't find any good reason to root for this team in 26 years and quote a Sam Darnold Meme?

I hope this ain't you Sergeant Rubetube, and to be real Darnold could potentially turn it around but let facts be facts.

QB's make coaches look great, not the other way around.

The ideal situation is they complement each other with a bunch of other great talent around them.

Even Tom Brady had that, through the countless years they had talent in various years at various positions. Mahomes has the best coach in the NFL, the best TE in the NFL, the best DT in the NFL and at one point had a top five WR in the NFL.
I'm a Raiders fan (poor me), but I at least celebrated 3 SB wins early in my life.

My wife is a Vikings fan (poor her).

The last Vikings team that I saw on the field that was completely DOMINATE was that 1998 team -- they would've won the SB that year if it wasn't for a bad kick.

Sam Darnold played college football at my alma mater -- I've watched every collegiate game he's ever played. He's a stud.