Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Darnold to Vikings 1 year 10 million ***Everything Darnold Thread***

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Re: Darnold to Vikings 1 year 10 million ***Everything Darnold Thread***

Post by minnemike »

mlhouse wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:57 pm
minnemike wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:40 pm
mlhouse wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:37 pm

LOL!!! Anyone may do for you in your fantasy world but that is total lack of reality. He was going to be sacked because Leonard Williams just dismantled Ezra Cleveland. Jefferson was literally triple covered. Osborn ran a terrible looping route and was covered and still not in a spot to throw to. Thielen's route was a bad clearing route. Cook just ran a wasted flat route and was covered.

This was a bad call, bad play design and bad structure by Kevin and terrible execution by most of the offensive line and receivers.

The only player on the field on that "check down" that made a good play was Kirk Cousins who under significant pressure delivered the ball to the only receiver who had a chance to make a first down.

If you disagree with any of this, ask this question to yourself. On this play, why was TJ Hockenson running a check down route without any chance of making a first down?
He could have still tried to throw it downfield, period. How 'bout shuffle to one side to buy time? Anything but what happened would have been a heroic way to end it win or lose and I wouldnt have any issue with it. Why was Hock where he was? Maybe you need to ask him? IF it was a called route, then consider it a decoy and not a viable target. It's inexcusable as a final play of the season and quite frankly extremely hilarious reading all the Kirk apologists try and spin it. :lol: What would Favre done there? An INT? I'd respect that 100% more.
TO WHOM? Just loft up a prayer that had zero chance of completion?

50% of this is on Kevin OConnell who made a bad play call of a play that was very poorly designed. I will also add that something that I have stated that KOC does not adjust is that when they line up and you can see Jefferson is bracketed like he was on that coverage, they needed to create better alert calls to beat the brackets.

45% was on the interior of the offensive line. Watch their ineptness on this play.

5% was on poor route running by KJ Osborn, whom I think is the primary receiver on this call and Hockenson for not getting enough depth/separaation on his route.

The only player who did his job was Kirk Cousins. He threw a great pass under duress to the ONLY, repeat in all caps, ONLY, receiver who had a chance to make the first down.
Disagree on Kirk's decision. The season is on the line. Yes, you throw into coverage and #1 that being JJ. You trust you can make something happen rather than wishing someone else makes it happen. That's leadership.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i never got caught up in that play--there was so much other stuff to criticize in that game. i made a thread about the possession before that where they threw on three straight plays and then had to punt. terrible play calls imo. there was enough time to run the ball to set up the pass and KOC panicked.

but what we do know about that play is that it didn't work. we don't know what would've happened if he tried to throw the ball to JJ. there could've been a PI and they got bailed out. also there was controversy about not throwing the ball to DC. anyways that era is over. time to turn the page on the kirk cousins saga in minnesota. his wife is glad they're going south. i am too.
minnemike

Post by minnemike »

weimy froob wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:38 am ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i never got caught up in that play--there was so much other stuff to criticize in that game. i made a thread about the possession before that where they threw on three straight plays and then had to punt. terrible play calls imo. there was enough time to run the ball to set up the pass and KOC panicked.

but what we do know about that play is that it didn't work. we don't know what would've happened if he tried to throw the ball to JJ. there could've been a PI and they got bailed out. also there was controversy about not throwing the ball to DC. anyways that era is over. time to turn the page on the kirk cousins saga in minnesota. his wife is glad they're going south. i am too.
I just think that play was a perfect representation of Kirk vs Kirko in his stay in MN. KOC was getting Kirko to show up for a good chunk of the season until that final play, where we got Kirk. Quite poetic wouldn't you type? A Greek tragedy.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

minnemike wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:43 am
weimy froob wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:38 am ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I just think that play was a perfect representation of Kirk vs Kirko in his stay in MN. KOC was getting Kirko to show up for a good chunk of the season until that final play, where we got Kirk. Quite poetic wouldn't you type? A Greek tragedy.
i found the poetry in the fact they won every one possession game during the regular season and then lose the most important one possession game of the year. the one in the playoffs. that was fitting for the type of season it was when you peel it back. getting every break in the games when you win the division by multiple ones and then coming up on the short end of the stick in the game that mattered most.
Da Gas Man's Ghost

Post by Da Gas Man's Ghost »

SirJmon wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:30 am
Da Gas Man's Ghost wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:16 pm
SirJmon wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:56 pm

You’ve never once made a comment about Kirk never winning a SB?

Every Kirk hater here using that and as a barometer. But that barometer is EASILY torn to shreds. History shreds it. Elite HoF QB’s never won a big game. And there are plenty of shit QBs that have won one.

Kirk is a great QB, period. He wouldn’t have made the money he has made and continues to make if he was garbage. Oh wait, let me guess…you know more than the NFL franchises that have paid him that money, right? Or maybe, just maybe, they have paid him that because they think he’s worth it and know it’s a team sport and everything needs to come together at the right time in order to win? Maybe that’s it. Maybe they understand the game more than you. Just maybe. If not, then I would consider you a failure if you know the game more but aren’t at the NFL level?

It’s all a gamble either way. History proves it. Again, some of the best QBs have never won a SB. And some that are shit have because the team overall was great and or got lucky.
Do you have any evidence that I did before you started creating that strawman?

Secondly, let me try your logic. Sam Darnold is a great QB. So what if he has never won a SB. Many garbage QBs have won SBs and many elite HOF QBs haven't.

Your logic seems to be: because elite QBs haven't won SBs, you can now declare that anyone you want is a great QB because somehow NOT winning a SB is proof of greatness.

From a logical perspective, you have demonstrated that not winning a SB is not proof that you are NOT elite. But you also need some support that Kirk is great. Not winning a SB is not proof that you are great. When Kirk retires, do you think he will make the HOF? Do you think he will even be in the conversation? If not, you could point out that he never won a SB as proof that he is HOF worthy (because so many other HOF QBs did not win a SB.) If the criteria for HOF is any tangible playoff success, you might be in trouble.

You declared the Kirk is a great QB. Declare it all you want, it doesn't make it true. And you would find that the vast majority of the country (outside of MN) disagrees with you. He is a very good QB. Usually ranking about 10-12th in the league. Also known as the 67th percentile.
You declaring he isn’t great doesn’t make it so either. The difference is that in every single measurable for QB, Kirk destroys it. And FYI, Sam Darold’s numbers in just about every measurable are not good. It’s why he has been on a million teams in his very short career trying/hoping to find anyone that can connect with him. So your SD argument is crap. It’s not Kirk’s fault people were constantly dropping balls, fumbling and God knows everything else that has gone wrong with our teams. Does he have faults, of course he does. He also shares some of the blame. But to say he isn’t great is the dumbest take I have ever heard.

Again, you can’t have it both ways. And it’s a team sport. End of story.
Kirk so destroys every metric that he is consistantly considered the 10-12th best QB in the league (67th percentile) and will never be considered one of the top 10 QBs who played during his era. So evidently, "destroying it" means being in the 67th percentile of QBs.

It's amazing how all of Kirk's accomplishments are his and all of his faults are everyone else's.
Pronouns: They/him/hers

Hopeful Member of the Crique.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

jfc does anyone else have a more punchable face? I had no idea what he looked like until this thread.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

I just think that play was a perfect representation of Kirk vs Kirko in his stay in MN.
I completely disagree and mlhouse's breakdown of the play is one reason why. I don't agree with this assessment of his time in MN whereby he's never given any credit while also bearing an inordinate amount of responsibility. :beer:
minnemike

Post by minnemike »

Slap Shot wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:57 am

I just think that play was a perfect representation of Kirk vs Kirko in his stay in MN.
I completely disagree and mlhouse's breakdown of the play is one reason why. I don't agree with this assessment of his time in MN whereby he's never given any credit while also bearing an inordinate amount of responsibility. :beer:
Again, I was disappointed with Kirk's decision making on that final play, despite the play calling or coverage at first down distance. It's fine if you think he made the correct choice for the pass, but that's on you. Milhouse's take on the play has nothing to do with my opinion on Kirk's choice.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

minnemike wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:02 am

Again, I was disappointed with Kirk's decision making on that final play, despite the play calling or coverage at first down distance. It's fine if you think he made the correct choice for the pass, but that's on you. Milhouse's take on the play has nothing to do with my opinion on Kirk's choice.
Well dude that's obvious because you've dismissed his take altogether. imho it perfectly encapsulates why the criticisms on that play are myopic and to a larger degree the overall negative narrative about his tenure.

When you consider how many 4th quarter leads the coaching, D and ST gave away in 2021, how many times the Vikings in turn came from behind in 2022, toss in all the shit the GMs assembled during the past several years on OL, OC, D and ST, I don't think the Vikings accomplish anything more than they did with 95% of the other QBs in the league.

And I'm aware we won't be in agreement on that.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Slap Shot wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:15 am

Well dude that's obvious because you've dismissed his take altogether. imho it perfectly encapsulates why the criticisms on that play are myopic and to a larger degree the overall negative narrative about his tenure.

When you consider how many 4th quarter leads the coaching, D and ST gave away in 2021, how many times the Vikings in turn came from behind in 2022, toss in all the shit the GMs assembled during the past several years on OL, OC, D and ST, I don't think the Vikings accomplish anything more than they did with 95% of the other QBs in the league.

9-8 in 2022 wins the division and sets up the same game against the giants. they could lose that game in the playoffs too and you get the same results for the season.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

weimy froob wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:20 am

9-8 in 2022 wins the division and sets up the same game against the giants. they could lose that game in the playoffs too and you get the same results for the season.
That doesn't negate anything I said.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Slap Shot wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:28 am

it's basically accomplishing the same thing though. the vikings were paying too much at QB for that type of result--and it was certainly not worth 90 million dollars guaranteed for two more years of seeing what they could do with kirk. my opinion on that, of course.
The Lizard King

Post by The Lizard King »

Slap Shot wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:56 am jfc does anyone else have a more punchable face? I had no idea what he looked like until this thread.
Bro, he, like I, would kick your ass.

Hope this helps.
"If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first." - KDC
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

minnemike wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:31 am
mlhouse wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:57 pm
minnemike wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:40 pm

He could have still tried to throw it downfield, period. How 'bout shuffle to one side to buy time? Anything but what happened would have been a heroic way to end it win or lose and I wouldnt have any issue with it. Why was Hock where he was? Maybe you need to ask him? IF it was a called route, then consider it a decoy and not a viable target. It's inexcusable as a final play of the season and quite frankly extremely hilarious reading all the Kirk apologists try and spin it. :lol: What would Favre done there? An INT? I'd respect that 100% more.
TO WHOM? Just loft up a prayer that had zero chance of completion?

50% of this is on Kevin OConnell who made a bad play call of a play that was very poorly designed. I will also add that something that I have stated that KOC does not adjust is that when they line up and you can see Jefferson is bracketed like he was on that coverage, they needed to create better alert calls to beat the brackets.

45% was on the interior of the offensive line. Watch their ineptness on this play.

5% was on poor route running by KJ Osborn, whom I think is the primary receiver on this call and Hockenson for not getting enough depth/separaation on his route.

The only player who did his job was Kirk Cousins. He threw a great pass under duress to the ONLY, repeat in all caps, ONLY, receiver who had a chance to make the first down.
Disagree on Kirk's decision. The season is on the line. Yes, you throw into coverage and #1 that being JJ. You trust you can make something happen rather than wishing someone else makes it happen. That's leadership.
No, that is complete stupidity.
SirJmon

Post by SirJmon »

Da Gas Man's Ghost wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:36 am
Da Gas Man's Ghost wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:16 pm

Do you have any evidence that I did before you started creating that strawman?

Secondly, let me try your logic. Sam Darnold is a great QB. So what if he has never won a SB. Many garbage QBs have won SBs and many elite HOF QBs haven't.

Your logic seems to be: because elite QBs haven't won SBs, you can now declare that anyone you want is a great QB because somehow NOT winning a SB is proof of greatness.

From a logical perspective, you have demonstrated that not winning a SB is not proof that you are NOT elite. But you also need some support that Kirk is great. Not winning a SB is not proof that you are great. When Kirk retires, do you think he will make the HOF? Do you think he will even be in the conversation? If not, you could point out that he never won a SB as proof that he is HOF worthy (because so many other HOF QBs did not win a SB.) If the criteria for HOF is any tangible playoff success, you might be in trouble.

You declared the Kirk is a great QB. Declare it all you want, it doesn't make it true. And you would find that the vast majority of the country (outside of MN) disagrees with you. He is a very good QB. Usually ranking about 10-12th in the league. Also known as the 67th percentile.
You declaring he isn’t great doesn’t make it so either. The difference is that in every single measurable for QB, Kirk destroys it. And FYI, Sam Darold’s numbers in just about every measurable are not good. It’s why he has been on a million teams in his very short career trying/hoping to find anyone that can connect with him. So your SD argument is crap. It’s not Kirk’s fault people were constantly dropping balls, fumbling and God knows everything else that has gone wrong with our teams. Does he have faults, of course he does. He also shares some of the blame. But to say he isn’t great is the dumbest take I have ever heard.

Kirk so destroys every metric that he is consistantly considered the 10-12th best QB in the league (67th percentile) and will never be considered one of the top 10 QBs who played during his era. So evidently, "destroying it" means being in the 67th percentile of QBs.

It's amazing how all of Kirk's accomplishments are his and all of his faults are everyone else's.
Dude! In the last two and a half years before he got hurt was in the top 5 in every single measurable for QB. Your take is shit.

As for your last sentence…laughable at best. You haters are the ones that are playing that game.

We can go back and forth all day long, but you’re wrong. Kirk is a great QB. And that position on the Vikes roster just got dramatically worse. But that doesn’t mean I disagree with them being forced to move on from him. We have no money because previous regimes fucked them, Kirk didn’t. Quarterback money is getting out of control in the league. It isn’t a Kirk problem, it’s an entire NFL problem.
ForCaleb wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 12:51 pm I’m a self admitted hack.
Da Gas Man's Ghost

SirJmon wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:21 am

Dude! In the last two and a half years before he got hurt was in the top 5 in every single measurable for QB. Your take is shit.

As for your last sentence…laughable at best. You haters are the ones that are playing that game.

We can go back and forth all day long, but you’re wrong. Kirk is a great QB. And that position on the Vikes roster just got dramatically worse. But that doesn’t mean I disagree with them being forced to move on from him. We have no money because previous regimes fucked them, Kirk didn’t. Quarterback money is getting out of control in the league. It isn’t a Kirk problem, it’s an entire NFL problem.
The fact that you think Kirk is a top 5 QB over the last 2.5 years (before injury) - or at any time over the last 2.5 years - is the most homer take. The fact that virtually the entire country disagrees with you should demonstrate that. I'll stop arguing here because I can't break through that much homerism.

BlackDog

Post by BlackDog »

We have the details on Darnold’s contract.

“Your boos mean nothing to me, I’ve seen what makes you cheer!”
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

BlackDog wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:03 am We have the details on Darnold’s contract.

Is it a true one year or is that $6.25M spread out with a void year or two?
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:47 am
BlackDog wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:03 am We have the details on Darnold’s contract.

I don't know, but my own speculation would be that they should use some void years.
Give us a couple of million buffer against the bottom of the cap to manage general roster turnover/injuries, but then let it rollover into 2025 if you don't end up needing it.

One question I do have though regarding the usage of void years, is whether you can still franchise tag a guy coming off of an expiring contract with void years. I can't seem to get a definitive answer on it.
There is a deadline prior to the new year starting for being able to use your franchise tag, yet a contract with void years often doesn't actually expire until after that deadline.

So is that player ineligible to be tagged? I'm not expecting you to know Beef, but just something relevant to this that I haven't been able to figure out.

There is a very remote possibility that Darnold may blow up here, in which case it would be nice to at least have the option of franchising him available just in order to trade.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Oriole81 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:01 pm

I don't know, but my own speculation would be that they should use some void years.
Give us a couple of million buffer against the bottom of the cap to manage general roster turnover/injuries, but then let it rollover into 2025 if you don't end up needing it.

One question I do have though regarding the usage of void years, is whether you can still franchise tag a guy coming off of an expiring contract with void years. I can't seem to get a definitive answer on it.
There is a deadline prior to the new year starting for being able to use your franchise tag, yet a contract with void years often doesn't actually expire until after that deadline.

So is that player ineligible to be tagged? I'm not expecting you to know Beef, but just something relevant to this that I haven't been able to figure out.

There is a very remote possibility that Darnold may blow up here, in which case it would be nice to at least have the option of franchising him available just in order to trade.
I don’t know the answer to that. Good question.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Oriole81 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:01 pm

that sounds like a deep in the weeds salary cap question mlhouse might know.
SirJmon

Post by SirJmon »

Da Gas Man's Ghost wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:43 am

The fact that you think Kirk is a top 5 QB over the last 2.5 years (before injury) - or at any time over the last 2.5 years - is the most homer take. The fact that virtually the entire country disagrees with you should demonstrate that. I'll stop arguing here because I can't break through that much homerism.
Actually most of the people in the NFL agree with me. You know, the people that aren’t armchair fans and actually know the game better than you and the “entire country” that are also armchair fans. Yeah, those people.

Let the entire country judge your job performance without any understanding of the situation. Apparently it’s so easy to do from your couch.
Last edited by SirJmon on Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Da Gas Man's Ghost

SirJmon wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:46 pm

Actually most of the people in the NFL agree with me. You know, the people that aren’t armchair fans and actually know the game better than you and the “entire country” that are also armchair fans. Yeah, those people.

Let us judge your job without knowing anything about it.
You think a majority of the country thinks that Kirk has been a top 5 QB over the last 2.5 years (pre-injury)? If so, I can't help you.

SirJmon

Post by SirJmon »

Da Gas Man's Ghost wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:49 pm
SirJmon wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:46 pm

Let us judge your job without knowing anything about it.
You think a majority of the country thinks that Kirk has been a top 5 QB over the last 2.5 years (pre-injury)? If so, I can't help you.
You have no idea what even the majority of Minnesota thinks. The Vikes wanted him. They just couldn’t afford him. But yeah, you know more than the NFL execs. JFC

And FYI, fans don’t know the game or know how to evaluate talent. So don’t speak for the “entire country” that ALSO has no idea how to evaluate talent.
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

Kirk's really good, really good at throwing the ball and staying healthy. Top 5 might be questionable but not top 10 IMO.

It's questionable if he has that killer instinct. The 2022 season had some really good clutch moments and multiple game winning drives. Seemed like a turning point then came the Giants game final play. After all that year that was the throw he made...

I think it was worth it with Kirk, worth giving it a shot. They had a couple decent chances to make it happen with him and didn't so you move on when the injury creeps in, age and price action becomes insane.

It was nice having a steady QB, who one stayed healthy and threw the ball at a high level. I've watched this team for along time and Kirk provided a stability that is rare in this teams history. Soon as we out it was roller coaster of 3 different QB's in a span of a few games.

Fingers crossed they get it right moving forward.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

-VikingsTw- wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:02 pm Kirk's really good, really good at throwing the ball and staying healthy. Top 5 might be questionable but not top 10 IMO.

It's questionable if he has that killer instinct. The 2022 season had some really good clutch moments and multiple game winning drives. Seemed like a turning point then came the Giants game final play. After all that year that was the throw he made...

I think it was worth it with Kirk, worth giving it a shot. They had a couple decent chances to make it happen with him and didn't so you move on when the injury creeps in, age and price action becomes insane.

It was nice having a steady QB, who one stayed healthy and threw the ball at a high level. I've watched this team for along time and Kirk provided a stability that is rare in this teams history. Soon as we out it was roller coaster of 3 different QB's in a span of a few games.

Fingers crossed they get it right moving forward.
a bad stretch if you're taking playoff football into account. six more wasted years. thousands more vikings fans that went to their graves without seeing a SB victory. the franchise really needs to do something about that very soon or this is going to be a chicago cubs/boston red sox situation. basically a 100 year drought.

when you're looking at things that way you have to put the kirk era in the fail category like all the rest of the eras.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Guys we have plenty of places to talk about the failure that was the Kirk Cousins era in Minnesota.

Let’s not stink this thread up but PROP up and Nurture our new guy in Samuel Richard Darnold.

#StandUpAndRoot
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:15 pm Guys we have plenty of places to talk about the failure that was the Kirk Cousins era in Minnesota.

Let’s not stink this thread up but PROP up and Nurture our new guy in Samuel Richard Darnold.

#StandUpAndRoot
"Lil'D" for sure.
Beetlejuice

Post by Beetlejuice »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:15 pm Guys we have plenty of places to talk about the failure that was the Kirk Cousins era in Minnesota.

#StandUpAndRoot
#GEQBUS
Thank you… fuck you… bye!
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

The Lizard King wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:46 am
Slap Shot wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:56 am jfc does anyone else have a more punchable face? I had no idea what he looked like until this thread.
Bro, he, like I, would kick your ass.

Hope this helps.
He's not going to fuck you and I'm a mean machine.
weimy froob wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:33 am
Slap Shot wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:28 am

it's basically accomplishing the same thing though. the vikings were paying too much at QB for that type of result--and it was certainly not worth 90 million dollars guaranteed for two more years of seeing what they could do with kirk. my opinion on that, of course.
What he would get paid this year has nothing to do with this and I'm not arguing they should have re-signed him. I simply believe he received far too much of the blame and not enough of the credit.