Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

RTSports: Cousins closing in on deal to stay with Vikings

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Oriole81

Re: RTSports: Cousins closing in on deal to stay with Vikings

Post by Oriole81 »

Tuck ya in wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:55 pm
Oriole81 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:59 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:50 pm

It was a complete waste to bring him back last year, they should have traded him.

I asked for this tear down 3 years ago. Here we are 3 years later and we didn’t even win a playoff game.
My current frustrations stem more with the front office.
They had an opportunity to right the ship once they replaced Spielman and Zim, but that window's been essentially squandered with the poor way they've drafted.
Dal, Phi, SF and Balt were in similar boats as us (contending teams who's window could close quick if they don't draft well) and they all killed their drafts, while we had the exact opposite.

Because of that, it NOW doesn't make sense for us to continue with Cousins at that current price.
So even though I don't want Cousins back, I don't want to be lumped in with those that think we needed a big tear down all along.
What we really needed was a guy that could right the ship and we didn't get that, so now we're having to make adjustments like this.
Agreed, the poor drafting set us back more than fans get. But lost in the disastrous Kwesi hire, is the people who hired him and their lack of public blame. I feel like the Wilfs made a terrible hire, and now Kwesi will be drafting our future Quarterback. That's a tough pill....
Agreed.
I recognize the upcoming opportunity and I'm excited about it, but it's also hard to not be apprehensive.
That's why alot of my comments are preceded with "a competent organization would be able to pull this off."
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
Slap Shot

Re: RTSports: Cousins closing in on deal to stay with Vikings

Post by Slap Shot »

Please tell me the first 2 pages of this thread was satire.