Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***OFFICIAL 2024 FROOB MOCK DRAFT*** Completed

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Beetlejuice

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2024 FROOB MOCK DRAFT*** Completed

Post by Beetlejuice »

Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:00 pm My drafts:

PATRIOTS 2024 DRAFT
1 - Drake Maye, QB UNC
2 - Jordan Morgan, OT Arizona
3 - Xavier Legette, WR South Carolina
4 - Dadrion Taylor-Demerson, S Texas Tech
5 - Bucky Irving, RB Oregon
6 - Isaiah Adams, IOL Illinois
6 - Eric All, TE Iowa
7 - Evan Williams, S Oregon

EAGLES 2024 DRAFT
1 - Chop Robinson, EDGE Penn St.
2 - Ennis Rakestraw, CB Missouri
2 - Javon Bullard, S Georgia
4 - Andru Phillips, CB Kentucky
5 - Christian Jones, OT Texas
5 - Fabian Lovett, DT Florida St
5 - Trevor Keegan, OL Michigan
6 - Cornelius Johnson, WR Michigan
Pats gets an A.

Eagles draft is unrealistic. Not enough Georgia players selected. Solid choices though.
Thank you… fuck you… bye!
Beetlejuice

Post by Beetlejuice »

TENNESSEE TITANS

Titties Draft
7 - Joe Alt, OT Notre Dame
38 - Tyler Nubin, Safety Minnesota
106 - Marshawn Lloyd, RB USC
146 - Xavier Weaver, WR Colorado
182 - Jarvis Brownlee Jr, CB Louisville
242 - Jackson Sirmon, LB California
252 - Justin Rodgers, DT Auburn

Wiljon made the first three picks before bugging out, so I finished the Titans draft.

Overall, it’s a solid draft for the Titans. Alt is a no brainer pick for the Titans. He fills a major need and is BPA for value. Unless Tennessee get a chance at Nabers or MHJ, this is the pick.

Nubin fills another need for the Titans and his value is good here. Lloyd is also a good pick for the value at this spot. He could start next year.

Weaver is a WR the Titans can sit and develop. Brownlee was a steal in the 6th round and I honestly wished I realized he was available with Denver. Sirmon and Rodgers are developmental guys. Sirmon’s best chance at a roster spot is ST play as he develops. Rodgers is a fat guy who will need to be solid at stuffing the run. As far as I’m concerned, taking a fat guy in the 7th round is an always a good bet.

Grade: A
Thank you… fuck you… bye!
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Beetlejuice wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:46 pm DENVER BRONCOS

Denver Draft
#12 - Bo Nix QB, Oregon
#76 - Johnny Wilson WR, Florida State
#121 - Tommy Eichenberg LB, Ohio State
#136 - Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
#145 - Jaylin Simpson, DB Auburn
#147 - Luke McCaffrey, WR Rice
#203 - Jordan Jefferson, DT LSU
#208 - Jaylin Harrell, Edge Michigan

Honestly, I’m not happy how this one worked out and kinda gave up after rd 4.

Nix isn’t going 12. If trading was allowed, I would’ve traded down to take Nix then. Considering Denver had no second round pick, I had no choice but to go QB at 12. I do think Nix will ultimately be the guy for Denver.

Grabbing Wilson was a mistake and I should looked at corner here. There’s nothing wrong with Wilson. Dude could be a red zone monster with his size. He just needs to be more consistent catching the ball.

Eichenberg fills a need a LB. He should be a solid run stuffer, but he’ll need to prove his coverage ability to be a three down guy. Waiting until the 5th round to draft a corner was a mistake. Pritchett has some athletic ability, but he will need time to develop. Jaylin Simpson is a sleeper on my eyes. I see him taking on the safety/corner type role for the Denver defense. I wouldn’t be surprised to hear his name get called by the Vikings. He seems like a prospect Flores would be interested in.

Only reason I took McCaffery is because would be a fucking travesty not to have one of Ed’s boys don the blue and orange. I also think he has a good chance on making a solid career for himself.

Jefferson is just a fat guy whose best chance at success is stuffing the run. Harrell is just a guy to develop.

Overall, I made too many mistakes. Should’ve went CB and Edge sooner and I feel I short changed Denver fans with those mid round picks. Hopefully, they will happy that I brought one of Ed’s boys to Denver.

Grade: D+
I agree with the trade down, but if you are committed to QB where do you trade down to? There are at least 3 teams after the Broncos that are looking future QB. Then you will be looking at a couple of other teams like the Giants or Jets potentially coming back into the first to take a qb. IF the Broncos are committed to QB, they might be fixed at 12, not a good spot to be.

I think you overdrafted Wilson and Eichenberg a bit which when overdrafting Nix makes it seem worse.

I like Jordan Jefferson who is a bit more than just a fat guy.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Didn't realize Jordan Jefferson was an LSU Tiger. Three DTs drafted from one college team? Wow.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

I finished up the Tampa Bay draft for Witljon with the final two picks. I'll lay it out here in short form with hopes he chimes in about the five picks he made.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2024 Froobdraft

26th Pick - DT Jerzhan Newton
57th Pick - C Zach Frazier
89th Pick - G Zak Zinter
92nd Pick - RB Braelon Allen
125th Pick - S Kamren Kinchens
220th Pick - LB Jordan Magee
246th Pick - WR Bub Means

Biggest needs for the team were on the interior O line, Outside linebacker and WR positions.

Looks like Witljon really fortified the O line with his second and third picks - a couple of Zak/Zachs (who hopefully won't give up too many - a little Dad humor there). Frazier should be ready to go from Day One - Zinter is more of a question mark, having his tibia and fibula snapped in brutal fashion back in November. But the interior O line issue was definitely addressed.

I'm not as sure about his first overall pick of Johnny Newton. Love the player and likely it was a BPA pick - but going to a team already loaded with Vita Vea and Calijah Kancey seems a little crowded in the DT room. When I look who was taken after him - Newton IMO does seem like the best player at 26 - with the only other needs-based option being someone like WR Adonai Mitchell who was taken two picks later.

I'll leave the Braelon Allen and Kamren Kinchens picks to Witljon. No opinion good or bad from my perspective.

The two picks I made at the end of the draft - 220 and 246 - were clearly need based. Outside LB should be shored up, and I felt Jordan Magee out of Temple, despite his smaller stature, represented the best value at that point. Smaller LBs can succeed. Ivan Pace Jr. clearly outperformed expectations at 5-10 231 - Magee is another athletically blessed hard charger who is similarly undersized at 6-1 228 - right now his biggest challenge is to channel that aggression more wisely - but the book on him is that he IS an intelligent/high character guy who should respond well to good pro coaching. Magee got an 87 in the Athletic Score at the Combine - which was first among all LBs tested. With Tampa Bay's final pick at 246, I addressed the WR need - and got great value in Bub Means - a big, strong, fairly fast target with big mitts, a great catch radius and a nearly 18 yards per catch (41) average in his last year at Pitt.

I'll leave the grade to Witljon. Hope he chimes in.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Style

Post by Style »

Grade 'em!

Jacksonville Jaguars:
17) Brian Thomas Jr (WR) LSU
48) Xavier Worthy (WR) TX
96) Renardo Green (CB) FL St
114) Dewayne Carter (DT) Duke
116) Delmar Glaze (OT) MD
153) Ladarius Henderson (OL) MI
212) Brevyn Spann-Ford (TE) MN
236) Carter Bradley (QB) S AL

Los Angeles Chargers:

***Trade prior to draft***
MN: 5, 140, 225
LAC: 11, 23, 167, 2025 3rd, 2026 1st

11) Terrion Arnold (CB) AL
23) Amarius Mims (OT) GA
37) Cooper Beebe (G) KS St
69) Ja’Tavion Sanders (TE) TX
105) Jacob Cowing (WR) AZ
110) Will Shipley (RB) Clemson
167) Khristian Boyd (DT) NO IA
181) Sam Hartman (QB) Notre Dame
253) Mason Pline (TE) Furman
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
salamander

Post by salamander »

mlhouse wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:21 pm Minnesota trades:

Their own 2024 first round pick 11th overall
Their 2024 first round pick acquired from Houston, 23rd overall
Their 2024 5th round draft pick acquired from Kansas City 167th overall
Their own 2025 third round draft pick
Their own 2026 First round draft pick

to the Los Angeles Charges in exchange for

The Chargers own first round draft pic 5th overall
The Chargers own 5th round draft pick 140th overall
The Chargers own 7th round draft pick 225th overall
I would be so fucking pissed with this trade. KAM got absolutely manhandled by the Chargers GM.
Nice job Style on hustling mlhouse. You clearly knew mlhouse was desperate to move up and made him pay.
That's how a good negotiator does it.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

salamander wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:22 pm

I would be so fucking pissed with this trade. KAM got absolutely manhandled by the Chargers GM.
Nice job Style on hustling mlhouse. You clearly knew mlhouse was desperate to move up and made him pay.
Like I said, the Vikings draft is an A or an F, no in between. The trade cost is the cost of moving up from outside the top 10 to the top 5 to draft a potential franchise QB. There isn't any argument about that.

The other way of evaluating the trade: Terrion Arnold and Mims. Ok players. But are you excited by that? Again, nice players. Perhaps eventually average two starters. But no one believe either of them are going to be all pro players (if they did they would have been top 5 picks). Then they wait until 2026 to add to the collection. Hopefully the Vikings play well and that play well and that is a later first.

The trade of the 2026 instead of 2025 first is also a major plus for the Vikings.

I hate trading that value away, but in the end this is when you do it. The only other way to draft a potential franchise qb is to lose big time until with a team so bad no one wants to watch it.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Have we entered the shit-talking part of this exercise?

My drafts were awesome, yours all sucked balls!
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

no, YOURS sucked balls. mine only sucked ball.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

somuchyummy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:35 pm no, YOURS sucked balls. mine only sucked ball.
yours does have the most # of guys getting arrested , so you have that going for you.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Beef Supreme wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:33 pm Have we entered the shit-talking part of this exercise?

3) NE (Beef Supreme): Drake Maye (QB) UNC
34) NE (Beef Supreme): Jordan Morgan (OT) AZ
68) NE (Beef): Xavier Legette (WR) SC
103) NE (Beef): Dadrion Taylor-Demerson (S) TX Tech
37) NE (Beef): Bucky Irving (RB) OR
180) NE (Beef): Isaiah Adams (OL) IL
193) NE (Beef): Erick All (TE) IA
231) NE (Beef): Evan Anderson (S) OR

I think this is at least a licking the ball draft. With some wild cards. Obviously for all of the teams that drafted top 12 QBs in Froob Draft their future draft grade will be heavily dependent on the play of the QB they selected.

I think Jordan Morgan is a bit overdrafted at the top of the 2nd round. Outside of the QB, Legette might be the biggest wild card in the this draft because I think he has lots of boom-bust potential. For all of his speed and size, I don't know if he can get open in the NFL, but many thought that of DK Metcalf too.

Bucky Irving is my favorite pick in these selections but he isn't big and he isn't fast. Worked in Pac-12 will it work in NFL?

Eric All could be another in the line of Iowa tight ends, but he has major injury red flag.

Not a fam of Isaiah Adams.

This draft is bringing the balls close to the mouth and licking them without actually bringing them into your mouth quality.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Beef Supreme wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:33 pm Have we entered the shit-talking part of this exercise?

I was actually hoping that the Patriots in real life would have traded for Tee Higgins by the time they got on the "Day 2" clock for this, which is why I paired them with Phi, who had two 2nds.

Maye/Higgins would be a nice building block.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Oriole81 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:54 pm

I was actually hoping that the Patriots in real life would have traded for Tee Higgins by the time they got on the "Day 2" clock for this, which is why I paired them with Phi, who had two 2nds.

Yeah. My guess is the hold up is Higgins. I bet teams could come to an agreement on compensation. But he probably wants to set the market for WR contracts as a #1 guy. I’m not sure he’s worth that kind of contract.

I base this on nothing.

- Isaac Asimov
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Oriole81 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:40 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:35 pm no, YOURS sucked balls. mine only sucked ball.
yours does have the most # of guys getting arrested , so you have that going for you.
Guys plural? Does T'Vondre's 360 qualify as two people? Oh, the injustice... well, at least i'm in better shape than the Porter family this week.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

somuchyummy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:39 pm
Oriole81 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:40 pm
Guys plural? Does T'Vondre's 360 qualify as two people? Oh, the injustice...
Is it correct grammatically still to say "guys" in that case, even if it's just a comparison of one vs zero?
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Beef Supreme wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:14 pm
Oriole81 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:54 pm

Yeah. My guess is the hold up is Higgins. I bet teams could come to an agreement on compensation. But he probably wants to set the market for WR contracts as a #1 guy. I’m not sure he’s worth that kind of contract.

I base this on nothing.
I would advise the young buck to have some self awareness.
His stats when healthy are actually less than D'Vonte Smith, who just signed for 3 yrs/$75M.

Come on Tee, don't be that guy.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
salamander

Post by salamander »

mlhouse wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:35 pm

Like I said, the Vikings draft is an A or an F, no in between. The trade cost is the cost of moving up from outside the top 10 to the top 5 to draft a potential franchise QB. There isn't any argument about that.

The other way of evaluating the trade: Terrion Arnold and Mims. Ok players. But are you excited by that? Again, nice players. Perhaps eventually average two starters. But no one believe either of them are going to be all pro players (if they did they would have been top 5 picks). Then they wait until 2026 to add to the collection. Hopefully the Vikings play well and that play well and that is a later first.

The trade of the 2026 instead of 2025 first is also a major plus for the Vikings.

I hate trading that value away, but in the end this is when you do it. The only other way to draft a potential franchise qb is to lose big time until with a team so bad no one wants to watch it.
I like the idea of giving up the '26 over '25 because theoretically you hit on the QB and are giving a lower pick but that's so much.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

salamander wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:06 pm
mlhouse wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:35 pm

I like the idea of giving up the '26 over '25 because theoretically you hit on the QB and are giving a lower pick but that's so much.
Its a lot. So far, at least Froob wise, its Arnold and Mims. I give that up anytime to get chance to draft a franchise level QB. This is a weak draft otuside of QB, WR, and OT.
witljon

Post by witljon »

somuchyummy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:29 am I finished up the Tampa Bay draft for Witljon with the final two picks. I'll lay it out here in short form with hopes he chimes in about the five picks he made.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2024 Froobdraft

26th Pick - DT Jerzhan Newton
57th Pick - C Zach Frazier
89th Pick - G Zak Zinter
92nd Pick - RB Braelon Allen
125th Pick - S Kamren Kinchens
220th Pick - LB Jordan Magee
246th Pick - WR Bub Means

Biggest needs for the team were on the interior O line, Outside linebacker and WR positions.

Looks like Witljon really fortified the O line with his second and third picks - a couple of Zak/Zachs (who hopefully won't give up too many - a little Dad humor there). Frazier should be ready to go from Day One - Zinter is more of a question mark, having his tibia and fibula snapped in brutal fashion back in November. But the interior O line issue was definitely addressed.

I'm not as sure about his first overall pick of Johnny Newton. Love the player and likely it was a BPA pick - but going to a team already loaded with Vita Vea and Calijah Kancey seems a little crowded in the DT room. When I look who was taken after him - Newton IMO does seem like the best player at 26 - with the only other needs-based option being someone like WR Adonai Mitchell who was taken two picks later.

I'll leave the Braelon Allen and Kamren Kinchens picks to Witljon. No opinion good or bad from my perspective.

I'll leave the grade to Witljon. Hope he chimes in.
You are correct, I felt Newton was the best player available late in the 1st round. But I also believe Newton can play all along the defensive line, kinda like John Randle did for the Vikings. Tampa Bay needs to improve their pass rush. Newton lacks ideal size for a defensive tackle, but brings a lot to the table as a pass rusher and run defender. He has a great pass rush motor to get coverage sacks. He’s probably best as a 3 technique in even fronts, but could play DE in odd fronts. And the top edge rushers were gone.

As far as RB Braelon Allen and S Kamren Kinchens, I felt they were positions of need and the best players at their positions at the the time I selected them. The Bucs finished dead last in the NFL with 3.4 yards per carry last season.
Last edited by witljon on Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
witljon

Post by witljon »

Beetlejuice wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:29 pm TENNESSEE TITANS

Titties Draft
7 - Joe Alt, OT Notre Dame
38 - Tyler Nubin, Safety Minnesota
106 - Marshawn Lloyd, RB USC
146 - Xavier Weaver, WR Colorado
182 - Jarvis Brownlee Jr, CB Louisville
242 - Jackson Sirmon, LB California
252 - Justin Rodgers, DT Auburn

Wiljon made the first three picks before bugging out, so I finished the Titans draft.

Overall, it’s a solid draft for the Titans. Alt is a no brainer pick for the Titans. He fills a major need and is BPA for value. Unless Tennessee get a chance at Nabers or MHJ, this is the pick.

Nubin fills another need for the Titans and his value is good here. Lloyd is also a good pick for the value at this spot. He could start next year.

Weaver is a WR the Titans can sit and develop. Brownlee was a steal in the 6th round and I honestly wished I realized he was available with Denver. Sirmon and Rodgers are developmental guys. Sirmon’s best chance at a roster spot is ST play as he develops. Rodgers is a fat guy who will need to be solid at stuffing the run. As far as I’m concerned, taking a fat guy in the 7th round is an always a good bet.

Grade: A
My spin on the 3 picks I made is Joe Alt is the best left tackle in the draft. Tyler Nubin is the best safety in the draft. Marshawn Lloyd is one of the best RBs in the draft. And all three are positions of need for the Tennessee Titans.
Style

Post by Style »

Going through this draft, by LAC 2nd round pick (37?), the overall talent pool already felt pretty depleted. Not sure if others felt a drop off.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Style wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:59 pm Going through this draft, by LAC 2nd round pick (37?), the overall talent pool already felt pretty depleted. Not sure if others felt a drop off.
I think this is a weak draft in most of the position groups.

Quarterbacks have a lot of Day 1 Day 2 talent.

I think wide receiver has lots of talent all the way through the draft levels. There is a lot of talent at the top of the offensive tackle group, but slimmer pickings later on.

Defensive line is very weak, and you are in question marks or rotational guys pretty early in this draft.

In every draft, even a weak one there will be guys who are diamonds in the rough and top guys who flop.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

mlhouse wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:16 pm
Style wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:59 pm Going through this draft, by LAC 2nd round pick (37?), the overall talent pool already felt pretty depleted. Not sure if others felt a drop off.
I think this is a weak draft in most of the position groups.

Quarterbacks have a lot of Day 1 Day 2 talent.

I think wide receiver has lots of talent all the way through the draft levels. There is a lot of talent at the top of the offensive tackle group, but slimmer pickings later on.

Defensive line is very weak, and you are in question marks or rotational guys pretty early in this draft.

In every draft, even a weak one there will be guys who are diamonds in the rough and top guys who flop.
The ncaa is just churning out elite WR prospects these days. Every year, it seems like.

- Isaac Asimov
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

LA Rams Draft

19) Laiatu Latu (Edge) UCLA
52) Kamari Lassiter (CB) GA
83) Caeden Wallace (OL) Penn St
99) Kris Abrams-Draine (CB) Missouri
154) Trevin Wallace (LB) KY
155) Jordan Travis (QB) Fl St
196) Trey Taylor (S) Air Force
209) Edefuon Uloshio (LB) WA
213) Keith Randolph (DL) IL
217) Eric Watts (Edge) Conn
254) Dillon Johnson (RB) Wash

Interesting draft for the Rams. Top of the draft was standard, their own pick in each round with a special 3rd round comp pick awarded for the Raheem Morris signing. Then the draft was bottom heavy starting with the 5th round with a full draft slate starting with pick 154 (7 picks).

The concentration of this draft was defense. Eight out of 11 picks were defensive players. Edge and CB were the concentration, two picks at each position including cornerbacks in round 2 and the late 3rd round comp pick. Latu is obviously the focal point of the draft and his medical is the focal point on Latu. I believe he is the best edge player in the draft because his technique and athleticism are both above average. But fused bones in his neck are a huge concern especially since he was medically retired in his college career in 2021 because he could not pass physical.

I am not really high on my own cornerback selections. I think they are average at best and both are undersized. But they both are tough. Lassiter has the better chance of staying on the boundary, but both could figure in the slot as nickel backs.

3rd round pick Caeden Wallace was a guy I thought about taking later because it is a Froob draft, but I have him rated much higher than most other rankings in this draft class.

Wallace is a good athlete but more limited play maker. Uloshio is a very good athlete at the linebacker spot and I think can become a solid cover linebacker, but has limitations in between the tackles and with his instincts.

Trey Taylor could be really, really good as a NFL safety. He was a dominant player at his level of competition in college, good size, speed. Solid tackler. But does he have the insticts and overall athleticism to play safety.

Last pick, Dillon Johnson is a bigger running back that the Rams currently lack.

Overall Grade: C+ Lots of bodies for sure. Just average talent.
witljon

Post by witljon »

mlhouse wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:37 pm LA Rams Draft

19) Laiatu Latu (Edge) UCLA
52) Kamari Lassiter (CB) GA
83) Caeden Wallace (OL) Penn St
99) Kris Abrams-Draine (CB) Missouri
154) Trevin Wallace (LB) KY
155) Jordan Travis (QB) Fl St
196) Trey Taylor (S) Air Force
209) Edefuon Uloshio (LB) WA
213) Keith Randolph (DL) IL
217) Eric Watts (Edge) Conn
254) Dillon Johnson (RB) Wash

The concentration of this draft was defense. Eight out of 11 picks were defensive players. Edge and CB were the concentration, two picks at each position including cornerbacks in round 2 and the late 3rd round comp pick. Latu is obviously the focal point of the draft and his medical is the focal point on Latu. I believe he is the best edge player in the draft because his technique and athleticism are both above average. But fused bones in his neck are a huge concern especially since he was medically retired in his college career in 2021 because he could not pass physical.
Best edge player? Many believe Latu is the best defensive player in the draft. The fused bone concerns will be the reason Latu will not be the first defensive player selected.
SKOLTROL

Post by SKOLTROL »

Pick 48 & 51. Style w/Worthy Me with Pearsall
Spoiler:
:fight:
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Got pick 3 right; Maye to NE.

I picked Chop at 22 to Philly, he goes 21 to Miami.

That's not bad.

But I get Jordan Morgan at 34 and he goes to GB at 25.

And my steal was Legette in the 3rd and he goes 32 to Carolina.

I'M A GREAT DRAFTER!!!!

- Isaac Asimov
SKOLTROL

Post by SKOLTROL »

Legette was a surprise in the 1st round.
Spoiler:
:fight:
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:07 pm Got pick 3 right; Maye to NE.

I picked Chop at 22 to Philly, he goes 21 to Miami.

That's not bad.

But I get Jordan Morgan at 34 and he goes to GB at 25.

And my steal was Legette in the 3rd and he goes 32 to Carolina.

I'M A GREAT DRAFTER!!!!
indeed you rule. my killer pick was getting Latham at 21 - he went 7th tonight. But my luck turned when my pick at 18 - Fautanu - actually went two picks later at 20. Like my daddy always said, "you win some, you lose a lot more."