Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***OFFICIAL 2024 FROOB MOCK DRAFT*** Completed

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Beef Supreme

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2024 FROOB MOCK DRAFT*** Beetlejuice OTC

Post by Beef Supreme »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:20 pm What would be the correct incantation for the Howard Stern version?
If I knew that, we wouldn’t be in this mess!
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Butch Bradford

Post by Butch Bradford »

Maybe, milhouse was right? :lol:

Somebody gotta pick for the juice.

Go!
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Should we do a consensus pick for Washington? First name to get 5 votes goes?

As the GM for New England, the next pick, I think I should abstain from this or any other process to make this selection for beetle.

- Isaac Asimov
witljon

Post by witljon »

Butch Bradford wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:37 pm
witljon wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:34 pm
Oriole81 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 pm I am keeping an eye on this, guys.
I am trying to give him the benefit of the doubt because technically this was supposed to start today and I let us jump the gun late last night, so that may have not been conveyed to everyone that didn't just happen to be online for that.
But also, we're going on a long time too from when he should have known he would be on the clock.

I'll have a decision later tonight if he doesn't show up soon though.
Just hang tight.
I’d be happy to pick who I believe will be the second best QB.
McCarthy?
Drake Maye
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

With the #2 pick the Washington Commanders select Jayden Daniels, QB from LSU
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Okay. Patriots were really hoping for a blockbuster trade-down offer. I did get a reasonable offer from the Vikings, but not one that blew me away. Nobody else made contact.

Patriots acknowledge the crappy state of their roster and would have liked to build things up before selecting a QB. But since no king’s ransom emerged in this mock, the Patriots select Drake Maye, QB UNC.

There’s work to be done surrounding him with the talent he needs to succeed, and that will likely inform the rest of this draft, but he’s too good with too much upside to pass here.

I also acknowledge that going QB and needing to surround him with offensive talent might not be head coach Jarod Mayo’s preferred method of building the roster, but you play the hand you are dealt. And the patriots were just dealt a franchise QB prospect. So they don’t fold. They play the hand.
Last edited by Beef Supreme on Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

- Isaac Asimov
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

The AZ Cardinals select Marvin Harrison Jr, WR from Ohio St

Let’s keep this rolling gents.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
witljon

Post by witljon »

Oriole81 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:34 pm The AZ Cardinals select Marvin Harrison Jr, WR from Ohio St

Well, we know Milly will take JJ.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Oriole81 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:28 pm With the #2 pick the Washington Commanders select Jayden Daniels, QB from LSU
I went with Daniels for Wash because of Kliff Kingsbury.
In previous jobs he has worked with Mahomes, Manziel, Murray and Caleb Williams, so he clearly has an interest in working with QBs that have rushing and improvisation as some of their key attributes.

I think that fits Daniels the most, so that's why I saw him as the right pick for the Skinnies.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

witljon wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:45 pm
Oriole81 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:34 pm The AZ Cardinals select Marvin Harrison Jr, WR from Ohio St

Well, we know Milly will take JJ.
Since the Vikings do not have a draft pick for about 75 more days at the pace of the draft, we asked the commissioner if we could get the fan reading the draft pick with our first pick. You know the moron fans who go up there and act like fools and robotically read the draft card. So this year, we picked D_H to announce the Vikings first round draft pick, acquired from the Los Angeles Chargers. The New York draft crowd hushes to hear D_H...

WIth the 5th pick in the Froob Mock Draft, acquired from teh LA Chargers, the Minnesota Vikings select

Jonathan James McCarthy, QB, University of Michigan....

The details of the trade:

Minnesota trades:

Their own 2024 first round pick 11th overall
Their 2024 first round pick acquired from Houston, 23rd overall
Their 2024 5th round draft pick acquired from Kansas City 167th overall
Their own 2025 third round draft pick
Their own 2026 First round draft pick

to the Los Angeles Charges in exchange for

The Chargers own first round draft pic 5th overall
The Chargers own 5th round draft pick 140th overall
The Chargers own 7th round draft pick 225th overall

Analysis of the trade: Then it all breaks down in net, the VIkings traded their 2024 first and 2nd round picks, their 2025 second and 3rd round picks, and their 2026 first round pick. A steep price to pay, but the biggest objective I had in making this trade was to avoid trading our 2025 first round pick. While in a Froob draft, a trade might not be necessary and might not even be necessary in the April draft. But there are other teams sitting just outside of the Vikings and they could easily move ahead.

While there are a lot of critics of JJ McCarthy, for the most part I believe their criticism is completely unreasonable and trivial. There are minor issues I would correct which I have discussed ad nauseam. But only the blind cannot see what I consider to be the best arm talent in this draft along with near elite mobility. He answered all the questions about him, including the major questions about his build when he weighed in at 219 lbs at the combine. Unlike all of the previous QBs selected, McCarthy played in a pro-style offense using pro-style techniques and reads. He throws well on the run and with his arm talent, he completed passes into NFL windows against some of the best NCAA D1 defenses.

To get a legitimate franchise quarterback prospect in the draft is a costly venture. But, if McCarthy stays in the 2025 draft there is little doubt he would start the process as the #1 overall pick and probably end up in the draft process as the #1 overall pick. We are fortunate that the QB class in this draft is deep and we were just in the range to be able to trade up to get one. McCarthy could potentially step right into the Viking offense, but I would prefer to let Darnold take the early starts and let McCarthy completely absorb the NFL Sunday game life.
somuchyummy

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2024 FROOB MOCK DRAFT*** Cunningham OTC

Post by somuchyummy »

Thanks for moving forward Froobs. Yay.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

In some ways, the draft starts here at 6 with the Giants.

- Isaac Asimov
Style

Post by Style »

I giggled at the DH moron reference.

Nice doing froob business with you mlhouse.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Style wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:40 pm I giggled at the DH moron reference.

Nice doing froob business with you mlhouse.
It was good, but the draft is in Detroit, not New York.

- Isaac Asimov
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

It would have been way more interesting to see what someone would have done with the Vikings at #11 and #23. I would have just kept the picks for this mock draft.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

It will be interesting to go back here a few years from now and see if JJ McCarthy was worth 3 1st rd picks no matter where he ends up.

There is no way in fuck I’m giving that package up to move up 6 spots for the #4 QB off the board. It’s damn near unheard of.

The Vikings won’t have to give up that 2026 1st rounder to move up to #5. That’s a poor trade imo no matter who the pick is.

Edit: My bad, I see the pick was for #4. Still wouldn’t give up 3 1sts for #4 but it is possible some team would make this move just hopefully it’s not us.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:15 pm It will be interesting to go back here a few years from now and see if JJ McCarthy was worth 3 1st rd picks no matter where he ends up.

There is no way in fuck I’m giving that package up to move up 6 spots for the #4 QB off the board. It’s damn near unheard of.

The Vikings won’t have to give up that 2026 1st rounder to move up to #5. That’s a poor trade imo no matter who the pick is.
Moving up from 11 to 5 is expensive. And, as I stated, on net the Vikings did not give up three firsts.

I am giving up that package because McCarthy is a high end QB in this draft. I have him ranked 3rd just ahead of Maye and that is with, at least in my observation, a lack of understanding on how the Vikings rank Jayden Daniels who does not seem to be the type of QB the Vikings want to run their McVay offense.

In the end, it is the combination of arm talent, the best in this draft and mobility that make JJ McCarthy a top 5 pick in the draft. Few QBs have that combination and the argument that if he stays in the draft (something several of these QBs cannot do because htey are already 5 year guys) next year he is the top pick.

So, people like you can throw BO NIX etc al. out there as a top level QB but you are just foolish and trying to make a story, not evaluating the skills and talents of the player.

The QB rankings of this draft is Tier One Caleb Williams, a potential once in a long time QB talent
Tier Two, a ways behind Jayden Daniels because of his running ability
Tier Three McCarthy and slightly, almost coin flip behind, Drake Maye

Tier Behind Penix, Nix, Rattler
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

mlhouse wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:28 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:15 pm It will be interesting to go back here a few years from now and see if JJ McCarthy was worth 3 1st rd picks no matter where he ends up.

Moving up from 11 to 5 is expensive. And, as I stated, on net the Vikings did not give up three firsts.

I am giving up that package because McCarthy is a high end QB in this draft. I have him ranked 3rd just ahead of Maye and that is with, at least in my observation, a lack of understanding on how the Vikings rank Jayden Daniels who does not seem to be the type of QB the Vikings want to run their McVay offense.

In the end, it is the combination of arm talent, the best in this draft and mobility that make JJ McCarthy a top 5 pick in the draft. Few QBs have that combination and the argument that if he stays in the draft (something several of these QBs cannot do because htey are already 5 year guys) next year he is the top pick.

So, people like you can throw BO NIX etc al. out there as a top level QB but you are just foolish and trying to make a story, not evaluating the skills and talents of the player.

The QB rankings of this draft is Tier One Caleb Williams, a potential once in a long time QB talent

I don’t want Bo Nix. I’ve just mentioned him to not give up the farm and pick at #23 if they go that route. I don’t like any of tier #2 which I have JJ in.

We can agree to disagree. You have about as much of a clue who is going to pan out as I do. NFL teams rarely get the QB right. If you are wrong it will be because the team he went to etc.. There is a way better chance whatever guy we pick is going to end up a bust than a franchise QB and no, Kirk Cousins, Dak, Carr etc aren’t franchise QBs.

We can agree to disagree… Here’s a question I was wondering earlier. No matter who the guy is we draft if we move up, when is the last time it’s worked for a team to trade the farm to move up for a QB? Can someone name the last guy? I honestly have no clue but it seems like that move NEVER works out. Maybe someone could answer this?
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Oh you did take him #5? That’s a horrible trade.

I don’t care if you are right and JJ ends up being Tom Brady, that package won’t be given up. That’s way off value.

We will find out but if that’s the trade the Vikings make, I guarantee the only 1st rounders will be #11 and #23. There was no need to give up a 2026 1st.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

They are talking the Vikings getting up to #5 and then trading with the Patriots for #3 so it’s not as big of a drop for NE.

How is that possible when Mlhouse already gave up the whole load to get to #5? :lol:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:36 pm

I don’t want Bo Nix. I’ve just mentioned him to not give up the farm and pick at #23 if they go that route. I don’t like any of tier #2 which I have JJ in.

We can agree to disagree. You have about as much of a clue who is going to pan out as I do. NFL teams rarely get the QB right. If you are wrong it will be because the team he went to etc.. There is a way better chance whatever guy we pick is going to end up a bust than a franchise QB and no, Kirk Cousins, Dak, Carr etc aren’t franchise QBs.

We can agree to disagree… Here’s a question I was wondering earlier. No matter who the guy is we draft if we move up, when is the last time it’s worked for a team to trade the farm to move up for a QB? Can someone name the last guy? I honestly have no clue but it seems like that move NEVER works out. Maybe someone could answer this?
Patrick Mahomes.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:45 pm They are talking the Vikings getting up to #5 and then trading with the Patriots for #3 so it’s not as big of a drop for NE.

How is that possible when Mlhouse already gave up the whole load to get to #5? :lol:
And literally got the 4th rated player in the draft in doing so at the most important position.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

mlhouse wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:11 pm

Patrick Mahomes.
That was only two 1sts and change which I think is fair for the trade you just made. 3 1sts is too much imo for pick #5 and I don’t think it will take that much to get to that pick. We will find out because someone is probably trading for it.

Also, one thing we argue about every year in these drafts is if it’s a move you would make or are you drafting as what you think that team will do. Everyone has their own idea when doing this. Maybe your trade partner wouldn’t do it without that pick and you had to have him but don’t necessarily think that’s what it will take to get him.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:17 pm
mlhouse wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:11 pm

Patrick Mahomes.
That was only two 1sts and change which I think is fair for the trade you just made. 3 1sts is too much imo for pick #5 and I don’t think it will take that much to get to that pick. We will find out because someone is probably trading for it.

Also, one thing we argue about every year in these drafts is if it’s a move you would make or are you drafting as what you think that team will do. Everyone has their own idea when doing this. Maybe your trade partner wouldn’t do it without that pick and you had to have him but don’t necessarily think that’s what it will take to get him.
They didnt trade into the top 10.

That is the trade value from pick 11 in a market with QB hungry teams tryign to get into position to draft a QB. It is less than the Niners gave up to move and take Trey Lance. It is appropriate value especially since I did not include the 2025 first. That means if the Vikings flop this season, they will still have that pick.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Edit: My bad, I see the pick was for #4. Still wouldn’t give up 3 1sts for #4 but it is possible some team would make this move just hopefully it’s not us.
it's a froobmock. but yes - no way in hell do i want the wolves to spend 3 firsts for JJ in the actual draft.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:22 pm

it's a froobmock. but yes - no way in hell do i want the wolves to spend 3 firsts for JJ in the actual draft.
You’ve got the NBA on ya mind, Yummy. :lol: :thumbsup:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

It was late, what can I say!
Oriole81

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2024 FROOB MOCK DRAFT***

Post by Oriole81 »

cunningham wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:39 am I'll do it if you are looking for more.
on ther clock
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

The New York Giants select:
WR Malik Nabers, LSU

Daniel Jones signed a huge contract recently and Nabers should make him better this season.
witljon

Post by witljon »

I read where the Titans regret not selecting Christian Darrisaw in the 2021 draft, which makes this pick as easy as the Bears pick. Thanks to all the QBs taken, Tennessee has the best offensive lineman fall into their laps.

With pick #7 the Titans select left tackle Joe Alt Notre Dame.