Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***OFFICIAL 2024 FROOB MOCK DRAFT*** Completed

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Oriole81

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2024 FROOB MOCK DRAFT***

Post by Oriole81 »

Style wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:07 pm I'll join. Any team or teams is fine with me. I sorta dig the Jaguars if they haven't been assigned.
Jax
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
Style

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2024 FROOB MOCK DRAFT*** Style otc

Post by Style »

Jacksonville #236:

Carter Bradley, QB, South Alabama
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Style wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:23 pm Jacksonville #236:

Nice pick.
The 9ers were gonna draft him specifically as our next Brock Purdy developmental project, but I guess not.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:56 pm eek. did i miss out?
Cin
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Style

Post by Style »

Oriole81 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:30 pm
Style wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:23 pm Jacksonville #236:

Nice pick.
The 9ers were gonna draft him specifically as our next Brock Purdy developmental project, but I guess not.
Makes sense to dart throw for a developmental QB behind Lawrence. I'm surprised more teams don't do it to be honest.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
somuchyummy

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2024 FROOB MOCK DRAFT*** Yum otc

Post by somuchyummy »

Yass! My dastardly plan worked! With their 10th and final pick in the 2024 NFL Froobdraft (#237), the Cincinnati Bengals select Vanderpilt P Matthew Hayball.

I nearly went with Hayball at 224, but thought it better to get the best OT left on the board in Nathan Thomas to help with their line - and Mlhouse has since certified that earlier pick as the best of the 7th round. So there's that. AND ... it's always risky drafting a kicker. You aren't doing it for depth - they either make the team or they don't. But Bengals fans have been grousing about their punting game for the past couple seasons - this year, Brad Robbins finished 30th in the league for them in that department. If they can get more out of Hayball with a 10th pick, it's a win. He's an Aussie, and played his first three years of college ball at Florida Atlantic, before transferring to Vanderbilt for his final two seasons. In most measureables, he's gotten better every year - this year posting a career high of 47.6 yards per punt - which, if he makes the team and that number holds, will raise their punting game from the dregs of the league to a top 13-15 team. He, if anyone cares, is a 6-1 190 pound Hayball ... and a lefty.

Bengals writeup to follow.

Bengals

18th Pick - OL Troy Fautanu
49th Pick - DT T'Vondre Sweat
80th Pick - CB Mike Sainristil
97th Pick - WR Brenden Rice
115th Pick - TE Theo Johnson
149th Pick - QB Michael Pratt
194th Pick - DE Myles Cole
214th Pick - S Dominique Hampton
224th Pick - OT Nathan Thomas
237th Pick - P Matthew Hayball
Last edited by somuchyummy on Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Keith_Morrison wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:29 am I'll give it a whirl, if there's still room.
Hou
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:48 pm Yass! My dastardly plan worked! With their 10th and final pick in the 2024 NFL Froobdraft (#237), the Cincinnati Bengals select Vanderpilt P Matthew Hayball.

I nearly went with Hayball at 224, but thought it better to get the best OT left on the board in Nathan Thomas to help with their line - and Mlhouse has since certified that earlier pick as the best of the 7th round. So there's that. AND ... it's always risky drafting a kicker. You aren't doing it for depth - they either make the team or they don't. But Bengals fans have been grousing about their punting game for the past couple seasons - this year, Brad Robbins finished 30th in the league for them in that department. If they can get more out of Hayball with a 10th pick, it's a win. He's an Aussie, and played his first three years of college ball at Florida Atlantic, before transferring to Vanderbilt for his final two seasons. In most measureables, he's gotten better every year - this year posting a career high of 47.6 yards per punt - which, if he makes the team and that number holds, will raise their punting game from the dregs of the league to a top 13-15 team. He, if anyone cares, is a 6-1 190 pound Hayball ... and a lefty.

Bengals writeup to follow.

Bengals

7th round aint over yet.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Cincinnati Bengals 2024 Froobdraft

Not a bad haul.

They came into it needing to strengthen the offensive line and add at least another starter - first pick Troy Fautanu should serve that purpose and, as he can float between G and T, he can solve that problem in more than one way. Adding large mauler OT Nathan Thomas at #224 is good gravy, as he has starter potential as well - maybe not now, but later.

Another big issue was strengthening their run defense - DT T'Vondre Sweat (the DWI whiz) will go a long way in plugging that hole. There's mixed opinion of his place in this draft - some say third round - others have him as the third best DT overall. I think for what the Bengals need, he's nearly perfect - so at 49th with their second selection it absolutely works. The improvement will be immediate. Mike Sainristil (CB at 80th) and Dominique Hampton (S at 214th) were big parts of their college secondaries - and faced each other in the title game. Sainristil is a tough cookie, very good in both pass and run coverage - and Hampton led his Washington Huskies in tackles this year. Expect both to help seal up the run D. Finally, Texas Tech DE Myles Cole (194th pick) has top end physical traits that can be coached up and converted into good NFL production. He's the sleeper.

The Tee Higgins situation is still a bit of a mystery - but whether he stays or goes, getting another big receiver to win jump balls is needed, and 97th pick Brendan Rice fits that description. If he can parlay his bloodlines into anything resembling his dad, the Bengals will have made a great addition to their receiving corps. Ditto for the potential for TE Theo Johnson (115th pick). He's already a great blocker - and really wowed with his athleticism at the Combine. With his two way capabilities, I see him ascending to the starter's spot at some point. Mike Gesicki is a good FA signing - but doesn't have the ceiling Johnson does.

Two last bits: The Bengals were going into camp with just two QBs. Picking up Michael Pratt at 149 gives them a very solid third backup - with the likelihood of him ascending to #2 in a couple years. And, with how terrible the Bengals punting game was this year, expect 237th pick Matt Hayball to unseat the incumbent Brad Robbins, 3rd worst in the league.

I'll give the Bengals draft a solid B to B+.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:26 am, edited 5 times in total.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Keith_Morrison

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2024 FROOB MOCK DRAFT*** Keith otc

Post by Keith_Morrison »

Texans take WR Demond Demas from Texas A&M
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Small Hands wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:57 pm In again
saints
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Small Hands

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2024 FROOB MOCK DRAFT*** Small Hands otc

Post by Small Hands »

Aints select Gavin Hardison, QB, UTEP
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

mlhouse wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:19 pmIn
Car
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
mlhouse

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2024 FROOB MOCK DRAFT*** Mlhouse otc

Post by mlhouse »

With pick 240 in the Froob Draft the Carolina Panthers select Nathaniel Watson LB Mississippi St. 6-2 233

Productive and experienced linebacker, (he was a freshman in 2018 and played 6 years). Decent athlete with 4.63 40 speed at linebacker weight. Based on observation I think he has enough mobility to play in Tampa 2 coverages and he has some blitz potential with 10 sacks in 2023 and 6 in 2022. Another thing I observed that I like is that he understands timing in blitz schemes, timing his blitz to open up lanes for follow on blitzers on several occasions in the LSU game.

I think he could be a bit more aggressive, but college defensive schemes have really minimized aggressive linebacker play because of all of the RPO looks that create misdirection and gap contain is over enhanced.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Mia
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

With the 241st Pick in the 2024 NFL Froobdraft, the Miami Dophins select CB Qwan'tez Stiggers of the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League.

If it's possible to swing for the fences with a 7th Round Pick, that's what Miami will be doing with their final selection. In case you don't know the Stiggers story - Buckle Up - he's never played any college ball. Grew up in Atlanta and played football at B.E.S.T. Academy - which earned him a scholarship at small Lane College in Tennessee. Before he could play a game though, his father was killed in a car accident - leaving the young man seriously despondent. He quit school and walked away from his scholarship. Two years pass. At the urging of his mother, Stiggers tries out and signs to play for Fan Controlled Football, a junky live streaming American indoor 7 man league. Stay with me - it gets better. He catches the eye of Josh Jenkins, the offensive coordinator for the Toronto Argonauts - who encourages him to try out for a spot with his CFL team. Remember, this is a young man who has never played college ball. He tries out - he makes the team - he winds up starting 16 games in the 2023 season - and, at the end of the season, is awarded the CFL's Rookie of the Year Award. He's then invited to participate in the East/West Shrine Bowl - where he gets rave reviews, totally looking like he more than belongs. It's a real life made for TV movie, folks. Anyway, Stiggers is a 6-0 204 pound 22 year old, highly competitive, and at a very successful pro day (after a Combine snub) he posted a 4.45 forty, 37" vertical, and 10-8 broad jump. He's a bit of a ball hawk - snagging 5 picks for the Argonauts this year along with 54 tackles. Good for him - Go Qwan'tez.

Miami Dolphins

21st Pick - OT JC Latham
55th Pick - DT Braden Fiske
158th Pick - Edge Mo Kamara
184th Pick - S Malik Mustapha
198th Pick - WR Jamari Thrash
241st Pick - CB Qwan'tez Stiggers
Last edited by somuchyummy on Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:50 pm With the 241st Pick in the 2024 NFL Froobdraft, the Miami Dophins select CB Qwan'tez Stiggers of the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League.

If it's possible to swing for the fences with a 7th Round Pick, that's what Miami will be doing with their final selection. In case you don't know the Stiggers story - Buckle Up - he's never played any college ball. Grew up in Atlanta and played football at B.E.S.T. Academy - which earned him a scholarship at small Lane College in Tennessee. Before he could play a game though, his father was killed in a car accident - leaving the young man seriously despondent. He quit school and walked away from his scholarship. Two years pass. At the urging of his mother, Stiggers tries out and signs to play for Fan Controlled Football, a junky live streaming American indoor 7 man league. Stay with me - it gets better. He catches the eye of Josh Jenkins, the offensive coordinator for the Toronto Argonauts - who encourages him to try out for a spot with his CFL team. Remember, this is a young man who has never played college ball. He tries out - he makes the team - he winds up starting 16 games in the 2023 season - and, at the end of the season, is awarded the CFL's Rookie of the Year Award. He's then invited to participate in the East/West Shrine Bowl - where he gets rave reviews, totally looking like he more than belongs. It's a real life made for TV movie, folks. Anyway, Stiggers is a 6-0 204 pound 22 year old, highly competitive, and at a very successful pro day (after a Combine snub) he posted a 4.45 forty, 37" vertical, and 10-8 broad jump. He's a bit of a ball hawk - snagging 5 picks for the Argonauts this year along with 54 tackles. Good for him - Go Qwan'tez.

Miami Dolphins

21st Pick - OT JC Latham
I am pulling for the guy to make it, but he is a huge long broad major leap away from the NFL from the limited pieces of highlights I have seen of him. The quarterbacks in the CFL are not that good and I probably saw all 5 of the INTs, which Stiggers was sitting in a deep, deep zone and the QB overthrew the receiver by a mile right to the DB. The CFL is a goofy mess for sure, players seem to run everywhere and nowhere at the same time, but it is a tough jump from that level of play to the NFL.

I heard MInnesota was a team that was really interested in him. The story has a bit of Moritz Böhringer sound to me. But I truly am pulling for the guy.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:50 pm With the 241st Pick in the 2024 NFL Froobdraft, the Miami Dophins select CB Qwan'tez Stiggers of the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League.

Miami Dolphins

21st Pick - OT JC Latham
I am pulling for the guy to make it, but he is a huge long broad major leap away from the NFL from the limited pieces of highlights I have seen of him. The quarterbacks in the CFL are not that good and I probably saw all 5 of the INTs, which Stiggers was sitting in a deep, deep zone and the QB overthrew the receiver by a mile right to the DB. The CFL is a goofy mess for sure, players seem to run everywhere and nowhere at the same time, but it is a tough jump from that level of play to the NFL.

I heard MInnesota was a team that was really interested in him. The story has a bit of Moritz Böhringer sound to me. But I truly am pulling for the guy.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

At this point in the draft, it all gets very iffy - these picks are just a few away from being UDFAs. And there have to be a ton of guys right on the bubble. I think, despite all the things he has going against him, the fact that he's big enough, athletic enough, didn't look overmatched at the Shrine Bowl against collegiate invitees - and won the CFL ROY - shows enough that he's worth a pick this deep in the draft and a firsthand look. In all reality, there are likely a good number of DBs drafted and on the bubble this year who wouldn't have done as well in the CFL last season. Not saying he'll make it, but with what's left on the board, his chances are as good.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Beetlejuice wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:07 am Fuck it. In!! Don’t care what team. Gotta defend my title for most based mock draft for a team (Chargers).
TN
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Beetlejuice

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2024 FROOB MOCK DRAFT*** Beetle otc

Post by Beetlejuice »

With the 242nd pick the Tennessee Titans select LB Jackson Sirmon from California.

Titties Draft
7 - Joe Alt, OT Notre Dame
38 - Tyler Nubin, Safety Minnesota
106 - Marshawn Lloyd, RB USC
146 - Xavier Weaver, WR Colorado
182 - Jarvis Brownlee Jr, CB Louisville
242 - Jackson Sirmon, LB California
Thank you… fuck you… bye!
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Small Hands wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:57 pm In again
B2b
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Miami Dolphins 2024 Froobdraft

21st Pick - OT JC Latham

Six picks in all for a contending team - two in the top 55 - and then a long wait till they got back on the board at 158.

They addressed their two biggest needs with their top picks. Alabama OT JC Latham is massive, athletic and talented - and should be an immediate big upgrade to their front five. Generally rated a top 3 Tackle in this Tackle rich draft, he also played a little Guard for the Crimson Tide - and that versatility always comes in handy on one of the most commonly injured units in football.

At 55, they added Braden Fiske - a powerful, relentless defender who rose steadily throughout the predraft process - to the point where Mel Kiper now has him rated as the #2 DT in the draft, ahead of both Newton and Sweat. If Kiper's assessment is correct, that will be a great upgrade to nab in the back third of the 2nd Round.

Another nice find is WR Jamari Thrash way back at the 198th Pick. Miami needs depth behind their All-Pro quality tandem of starting WRs Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle. Thrash is a great route runner/technician who will get plenty of single coverage looks sharing the field with those two.

At 158 and 184, the Dolphins picked up two very aggressive and physical defenders DE Mo Kamara and S Malik Mustapha - who both have the athleticism and desire to outperform expectations. And with the final pick, Miami takes a shot at a wild card - CB Qwan'tez Stiggers, a player who never played college ball, but has great tools and an excellent rookie season in the CFL behind him.

I give the Dolphins a solid B.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

somuchyummy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:24 am Miami Dolphins 2024 Froobdraft

21st Pick - OT JC Latham

Six picks in all for a contending team - two in the top 55 - and then a long wait till they got back on the board at 158.

They addressed their two biggest needs with their top picks. Alabama OT JC Latham is massive, athletic and talented - and should be an immediate big upgrade to their front five. Generally rated a top 3 Tackle in this Tackle rich draft, he also played a little Guard for the Crimson Tide - and that versatility always comes in handy on one of the most commonly injured units in football.

At 55, they adding Braden Fiske - a powerful, relentless defender who rose steadily throughout the predraft process - to the point where Mel Kiper now has him rated as the #2 DT in the draft, ahead of both Newton and Sweat. If Kiper's assessment is correct, that will be a great upgrade to nab in the back third of the 2nd Round.

Another nice find is WR Jamari Thrash way back at the 198th Pick. Miami needs depth behind their All-Pro quality tandem of starting WRs Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle. Thrash is a great route runner/technician who will get plenty of single coverage looks sharing the field with those two.

At 158 and 184, the Dolphins picked up two very aggressive and physical defenders DE Mo Kamara and S Malik Mustapha - who both have the athleticism and desire to outperform expectations. And with the final pick, Miami takes a shot at a wild card - CB Qwan'tez Stiggers, a player who never played college ball, but has great tools and an excellent rookie season in the CFL behind him.

I give the Dolphins a solid B.
I think Latham and Fiske at 21 and 55 respectively are very solid value. Sometimes the draft ordering falls perfectly for teams.

I am not as high on Kamara and Thrash as you. In different draft sites, many of them like Kamara. He put up 13 sacks last season and 8.5 the previous, and I think his combine numbers were pretty solid, so that is why some "analysts" really like him. But I watched him for parts of two games and he didn't do anything. I only watch (and usually that is what is available too) the play against the best competition. He just couldn't beat offensive tackles with any size/skill from my observation. And I looked y at a break down of his 13 sacks, 3 vs. Utah..State. 2 vs Tennessee... I mean Middle Tennessee St. 1 vs. UNLV. 2.5 vs. Nevada. 2 vs. Colorado which had a junk offensive line. 1.5 vs. Utah... but Tech. 0 against Boise St (game I watched). 0 vs. Wyoming. 0 vs. Air Force... I will say that he is 5th round value so good pick.

Thrash is a solid 5th-6th round receiver prospsect. I think that Jack "the non-snake" Plummer wasn't a very good QB in the game I watched vs. Florida St. They tried and tried to get the ball to Thrash downfield but wasn't ever close. It is amazing how many good athletes are in the receiver position in modern football.

The top two picks make this draft a solid B.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Browns select Davon Ferguson, CB, Bowling Green
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Dallas selects Evan Anderson, DT, FAU
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

The Packers select Dwight McGlothern CB from Arkansas

McGlothern has a similar versatile skill set to our previous pick, CB Chau Smith-Wade, while also being 6'2''.
Because of that versatility, we are going to get creative with our development of these two, and cross train both at outside CB, slot CB and free safety.

The Pack have not replaced Adrian Amos since he left after 2022, Jaire's contract becomes tenable to get out from after this year, and it's still unclear if Eric Stokes will remain here long term, so we have to start getting creative with some of our long term options.

Drafting a versatile guy in Cooper Dejean in RD1 goes a long way, but now it's about finding guys that can play around him, so we're excited to get two versatile upside picks this late in the draft (PFFs # 128 and 169 prospects) that will allow us to figure this out slowly.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

TB
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

With the 246th pick in the 2024 NFL Froobdraft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers use their 7th and final selection to pick Pittsburgh WR Bub Means.

Means is a big, strong athlete (6-1 212 lbs) - in the mold of a Xavier Legette - good speed (4.43 forty), a 39.5 vertical (91%) to go up for jump balls, large, strong hands (10.2) and a big catch radius to win those balls. A powerful tackle-breaking runner after the catch as well. Nice 17.6 yards per catch on 41 receptions his senior year at Pitt.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

26th Pick - DT Jerzhan Newton
57th Pick - C Zach Frazier
89th Pick - G Zak Zinter
92nd Pick - RB Braelon Allen
125th Pick - S Kamren Kinchens
220th Pick - LB Jordan Magee
246th Pick - WR Bub Means
Last edited by somuchyummy on Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

As I made only the final two selections for Tampa Bay, here's an invitation to Witljon to do the post draft wrap-up. I'll chime in at the end on my two picks.

Many thanks and large kudos once again to Oriole for putting this together. Cheers!