Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***OFFICIAL 2024 FROOB MOCK DRAFT*** Completed

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Butch Bradford

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2024 FROOB MOCK DRAFT*** Cunningham OTC

Post by Butch Bradford »

With the 8th pick in the 2024 Froob Mock Draft, the Atlanta Falcons select, Edge, Dallas Turner, Alabama,
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

witljon wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:19 am I read where the Titans regret not selecting Christian Darrisaw in the 2021 draft, which makes this pick as easy as the Bears pick. Thanks to all the QBs taken, Tennessee has the best offensive lineman fall into their laps.

With pick #7 the Titans select left tackle Joe Alt Notre Dame.
I think the Giants would take OT at 6 in this scenario.
Beetlejuice

Post by Beetlejuice »

Shit. I thought it started today. Sorry about that. Would’ve taken Daniels anyway, so it’s all good.
Thank you… fuck you… bye!
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Small Hands wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:25 am
witljon wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:19 am I read where the Titans regret not selecting Christian Darrisaw in the 2021 draft, which makes this pick as easy as the Bears pick. Thanks to all the QBs taken, Tennessee has the best offensive lineman fall into their laps.

You're on the clock again with Chi.

But I actually like the Nabers pick here for the Giants. They need RT and they already failed trying to take a LT and flip them to the right side (Evan Neal), so trying it again doesn't seem smart to me. They also need offensive playmakers just as bad, so take Nabers here and try to figure out RT later.

In the real draft if they really wanted RT, they could be a candidate to trade down and focus on Fuaga.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Beetlejuice wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:43 am Shit. I thought it started today. Sorry about that. Would’ve taken Daniels anyway, so it’s all good.
Awesome.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Small Hands wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:25 am

Everything I read had them taking WR at the spot.
Small Hands

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2024 FROOB MOCK DRAFT*** Small Hands OTC

Post by Small Hands »

With the 9th pick in the 2024 Froob Mock Draft the Chitown Bears select Brock Bowers TE, Georgia.

Bowers is a generational talent at the TE position. This gives Caleb another lethal weapon in the passing game to team up with Keenan and Moore. It will immediately be the best TE tandem in the league with Kmet. Love this pick for Chicago.
Keith_Morrison

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2024 FROOB MOCK DRAFT*** Keith Morrison OTC

Post by Keith_Morrison »

The Jets need another play maker for Aaron Rodgers so they snag Michael Penix Jr.'s favorite wide receiver, Rome Odunze, Washington Huskies.
Beef Supreme

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2024 FROOB MOCK DRAFT*** Style OTC

Post by Beef Supreme »

Top-10 of the Froob mock:

4 quarterbacks
3 WRs
1 TE
1 OT
1 EDGE
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Style

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2024 FROOB MOCK DRAFT*** Style OTC

Post by Style »

With the 11th pick in the draft, the Los Angeles Chargers select:

Terrion Arnold, CB, Alabama

For a team in salary cap hell, with a young cornerstone QB, trading down was the best route to take. Being able to grab the LAC pick of the litter at CB, a position of need and premium football position, is a great way to build up the rest of the roster on young, talented, and cost-controlled players. Arnold is the best football player at CB and will immediately slide into a starting spot for the Chargers defense led by Derwin James, Joey Bosa, and Khalil Mack.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Beetlejuice wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:43 am Shit. I thought it started today. Sorry about that. Would’ve taken Daniels anyway, so it’s all good.
again
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Butch Bradford

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2024 FROOB MOCK DRAFT*** Beetlejuice OTC

Post by Butch Bradford »

I'm not one to complain, buuhhuutttt....are we going to set a time limit?

If you're going to participate and have multiple teams, check once in a while. You know?

At this rate, we won't be done until AFTER the real NFL draft begins in late April.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Butch Bradford wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:23 pm I'm not one to complain, buuhhuutttt....are we going to set a time limit?

If you're going to participate and have multiple teams, check once in a while. You know?

At this rate, we won't be done until AFTER the real NFL draft begins in late April.
Technically its 12 hrs.
Beetle did check in this morn though, and has only been on the clock for about 3 hrs this time.

I understand that it's frustrating, but Beetle has redeemed himself.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Butch Bradford

Post by Butch Bradford »

Oriole81 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:28 pm
Butch Bradford wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:23 pm I'm not one to complain, buuhhuutttt....are we going to set a time limit?

Technically its 12 hrs.
Beetle did check in this morn though, and has only been on the clock for about 3 hrs this time.

10-4.

I didn't remember the 12 hour time limit.

All good.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i'm not adamant about this in any way - but it does seem to me like a 12 hour time limit is more than we need. We've had ten picks in about ten hours - and then the long (but within the rules) waits for Beetle's picks, likely double that. So a bunch of froobs have been ready to roll. Maybe a 6 hour limit, or whatever - something scaled down, would be a good change. Especially in the early rounds when most everyone has an idea of at least the first 40 or 50 most likely prospects. It gets greasier after that - so maybe adding some time to parse that out in the later rounds could be an idea.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:55 pm i'm not adamant about this in any way - but it does seem to me like a 12 hour time limit is more than we need. We've had ten picks in about ten hours - and then the long (but within the rules) waits for Beetle's picks, likely double that. So a bunch of froobs have been ready to roll. Maybe a 6 hour limit, or whatever - something scaled down, would be a good change. Especially in the early rounds when most everyone has an idea of at least the first 40 or 50 most likely prospects. It gets greasier after that - so maybe adding some time to parse that out in the later rounds could be an idea.
Good idea. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on things and making adjustments if necessary.

Beetle: come on Man, you're making me look bad.
(Not to mention the fuck that I have no idea in hell what Den is thinking right now, so I'd hate to try and guess what you're thinking they should do.)
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Oriole81 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:38 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:55 pm i'm not adamant about this in any way - but it does seem to me like a 12 hour time limit is more than we need. We've had ten picks in about ten hours - and then the long (but within the rules) waits for Beetle's picks, likely double that. So a bunch of froobs have been ready to roll. Maybe a 6 hour limit, or whatever - something scaled down, would be a good change. Especially in the early rounds when most everyone has an idea of at least the first 40 or 50 most likely prospects. It gets greasier after that - so maybe adding some time to parse that out in the later rounds could be an idea.
Good idea. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on things and making adjustments if necessary.

(Not to mention the fuck that I have no idea in hell what Den is thinking right now, so I'd hate to try and guess what you're thinking they should do.)
Not to put my finger on the scale here, but if the draft broke down like this and there were no in-draft trades (as is our rule), I think Payton takes QB5 here. They NEED a quarterback. Jared Stidham ain’t it.

They don’t have a pick in round two and I doubt the next tier of QBs makes it to 76. In the real draft, they’re probably either trading back from here or moving up from 76 to get one. But in this draft? What are they going to do? They’re over a barrel and I think have to reach. My guess is Payton thinks he can turn Nix into a version of Drew Brees (smallish, not the best arm coming out of college, etc) and takes him. Again, this is a phenomenon of the Froob draft and in the real draft I doubt he’d take Nix that high.

I’m honestly just posting this to keep chatter alive. Beetle can do what he wants. There’s much better overall talent left ont he board. But I can’t imagine Payton going into the year with Stidham as his QB and in the Froob alternate reality, this might be his last chance to avoid that.

- Isaac Asimov
witljon

Post by witljon »

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:48 pm

Not to put my finger on the scale here, but if the draft broke down like this and there were no in-draft trades (as is our rule), I think Payton takes QB5 here. They NEED a quarterback. Jared Stidham ain’t it.

They don’t have a pick in round two and I doubt the next tier of QBs makes it to 76. In the real draft, they’re probably either trading back from here or moving up from 76 to get one. But in this draft? What are they going to do? They’re over a barrel and I think have to reach. My guess is Payton thinks he can turn Nix into a version of Drew Brees (smallish, not the best arm coming out of college, etc) and takes him. Again, this is a phenomenon of the Froob draft and in the real draft I doubt he’d take Nix that high.

I’m honestly just posting this to keep chatter alive. Beetle can do what he wants. There’s much better overall talent left ont he board. But I can’t imagine Payton going into the year with Stidham as his QB and in the Froob alternate reality, this might be his last chance to avoid that.
I can agree with this post, but I also have days where I very busy and can only pick early morning or evening. That said, this is already Beetle’s second delay of game. And if I’m picking for a NFL team, I’d pick PeNix ahead of Nix.
Style

Post by Style »

Denver is hard to peg. I think Payton goes defense to build it up around Surtain. A DL would make sense here.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

witljon wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:20 pm

I can agree with this post, but I also have days where I very busy and can only pick early morning or evening. That said, this is already Beetle’s second delay of game. And if I’m picking for a NFL team, I’d pick PeNix ahead of Nix.
I like Penix better than Nix too. I’m speculating Payton would disagree.

- Isaac Asimov
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Again, it's frustrating to wait when i was guess (maybe i'm wrong) that the majority of Froobs are ready to roll - BUT - Beetlejuice hasn't broken any rules if it's a 12 hour window. That's why - if the rule frustrtates us - maybe we just change the rule next time. I'm not sure what most people have work-wise to deal with - but even when I was working in my busy job watching hundreds of kids at an elementary school - there were short breaks in the action where i'd have access to plinking my phone. I just means having a short list of your options either in your head or in your pocket, and checking page one of the thread when you've got a moment.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
witljon

Post by witljon »

somuchyummy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:19 pm

Again, it's frustrating to wait when i was guess (maybe i'm wrong) that the majority of Froobs are ready to roll - BUT - Beetlejuice hasn't broken any rules if it's a 12 hour window. That's why - if the rule frustrtates us - maybe we just change the rule next time. I'm not sure what most people have work-wise to deal with - but even when I was working in my busy job watching hundreds of kids at an elementary school - there were short breaks in the action where i'd have access to plinking my phone. I just means having a short list of your options either in your head or in your pocket, and checking page one of the thread when you've got a moment.
I work construction, and some days can be pretty hectic with no breaks and some days can be pretty laidback. But I will almost always check in the morning and after work.
Oriole81

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2024 FROOB MOCK DRAFT***

Post by Oriole81 »

Beetlejuice wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:07 am Fuck it. In!! Don’t care what team. Gotta defend my title for most based mock draft for a team (Chargers).
For this one, the ruling is going to be that once the clock hits 12 hours (1:47 AM) your window will pass and the next teams can come in and make their selections. You will be able to slide in after and make your pick at any time.
Just like the Vikes/Kevin Williams draft scenario.

Den is too complicated so I don't want to make the selection for you, but I also need to keep this moving along.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Oriole81

Re: ***OFFICIAL 2024 FROOB MOCK DRAFT*** 1 MORE SPOT

Post by Oriole81 »

Offsides 97 defense wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:05 am
Oriole81 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:43 pm I have a real interesting pairing, but it has to go to someone who plans on being around for the entirety of the event.

Between Butch, ForCaleb, Cunningham, Keith Morrison, Witljon, Head Coach, Offsides, can you let me know if you guys plan on going the distance?

First come, first serve.
As I said, I'll close my eyes and point, but I will complete it.
You're picking at 13, so be ready to go.
If the clock hits 12 hrs, just make your selection. You don't need to wait for me to announce it.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Advice:

If you're within a few picks and you know you're going to be busy for an extended period of time, you're welcome to PM me a list of rankings and have me select based on your best available.

You don't have to, but especially early on, I feel like most of us probably have a running list of rankings that we would go off of.

In the spirit of moving things along.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
witljon

Post by witljon »

Oriole81 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:28 pm

Technically its 12 hrs.

Well, if he has redeemed himself….that’s different.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Is Beetlejuice the same guy as Beetlebum?
witljon

Post by witljon »

Small Hands wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:59 pm Is Beetlejuice the same guy as Beetlebum?
He’ll pick any minute
Beetlejuice

Post by Beetlejuice »

With the 12th pick the Denver Broncos select Bo Nix from Oregon.

Sorry, I had something unexpected happen today. Ms Juice lost her moms today. Been busy with family matters.
Thank you… fuck you… bye!
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Small Hands wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:59 pm Is Beetlejuice the same guy as Beetlebum?
I don’t know, but I do know he’s done these before and hasn’t had an issue like this, so I’m hoping this is a one off.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo