Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official Timberwolves @ Cavaliers GDT 8 Mar Official***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
weimy froob

Re: ***Official Timberwolves @ Cavaliers GDT 8 Mar Official***

Post by weimy froob »

witljon wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:31 pm This game coulda been real ugly if the Cavs were full strength.
missed out on a great opportunity to stack another W against a shorthanded cav team.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:12 am any word on Finch this morning? His absence was fairly sudden - Horton said everything earlier seemed totally normal.
norovirus in play? maybe he saw this while he was watching his phone on the toilet.

brittrobson
@brittrobson
It is an interesting thought experiment if Slo Mo would still be in the game if Finch was on the sidelines rather than back at the hotel sick.
Micah going with Naz next to Gobert and the other starters down 4 with 3 minutes to play. Crucial opportunity for Naz to seize a role.

brittrobson
@brittrobson
Whew. Naz has seized the moments. Forces overtime with a block on Garland after powering Wolves with buckets that Ant and Conley couldn't make.
31 points in 27 minutes.
witljon

Post by witljon »

weimy froob wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:27 am
witljon wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:31 pm This game coulda been real ugly if the Cavs were full strength.
missed out on a great opportunity to stack another W against a shorthanded cav team.
Yep, but road games are tough on back to backs and cold 3 point shooting and questionable refs.
focker

Post by focker »

weimy froob wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:43 am
focker wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:35 am
YBBR wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:10 pm If anything I think the whistle got a LOT worse after the Gobert tech. It was like Foster rounded up the whole crew after and was like "Fuck these Timberwolves." The calls and non calls in OT were ridiculous.
100%. And the calls weren’t going in our favor before that either. But after? I don’t think we got a single call our way.

It felt like the wolves kind of gave up in the second half of overtime. Like ‘ the refs won’t let us win this’
another reason why bitching about the refereeing is futile. rudy fucked up. period.
Agreed. We didn't play well enough to win that game. That being said, the ref's did not do a good job either and the league needs to continue to try and improve that. They've avoided the conversation for years (decades honestly) now and it's pathetic.
Top 4 Froob 2021!!!
BBG

Post by BBG »

Watching Ant and KAT bitch after every possession really gets old. It's negative, toxic and never works in our favor
twolves31

Post by twolves31 »

BBG wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:10 am Watching Ant and KAT bitch after every possession really gets old. It's negative, toxic and never works in our favor
Reading posters bitch about Ant and Kat complaining every possession gets old, it's negative, toxic and never going to stop them. But yes they should tone it down.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

does anyone recall who were our five on the floor in regulation when Ant missed the final shot? I'm just trying to figure out the best way to approach future situations like that. It can't always go to Ant (or earlier KAT) because it's too predictable. Maybe if there's enough time on the clock to allow Ant to operate - then it makes sense. But last night we had 2 seconds to work with. and yes, no one was shooting well last night (except Warren - who was 3 for 3, and Naz - who shot well enough) - but what resulted from the play was Ant (who scored zero in the fourth quarter) shooting a contested fadeaway that missed everything. So that didn't work, right?
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:06 pmdoes anyone recall who were our five on the floor in regulation when Ant missed the final shot?
Reid-Anderson-McDaniels-Edwards-Conley
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i wouldn't have had Anderson out there. 2 seconds left - has anyone ever seen him get a shot off in 2 seconds? no. and Conley couldn't hit water last night if he fell out of a boat. I'd have subbed those two out for NAW and Warren. Warren would have been the wild card. But he can get his own shot off, was 3-3 last night, and is a very good midrange shooter. All we needed was one point. You can argue for Mike and his vet gravitas - but honestly, how much vet gravitas could he imbue to the rest of the guys in 2 seconds? Pass in - dribble or two - shot. That's what we had time for.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

2 min report just had 1 missed call.
Jaden got fouled (not called) by Niang with just over a minute left in OT when wolves were down 5. 3 pt game with a minute left is quite a different story than 5 (which then became 7 when shaq err I mean Allen got fouled again)
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

somuchyummy wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:06 pm does anyone recall who were our five on the floor in regulation when Ant missed the final shot? I'm just trying to figure out the best way to approach future situations like that. It can't always go to Ant (or earlier KAT) because it's too predictable. Maybe if there's enough time on the clock to allow Ant to operate - then it makes sense. But last night we had 2 seconds to work with. and yes, no one was shooting well last night (except Warren - who was 3 for 3, and Naz - who shot well enough) - but what resulted from the play was Ant (who scored zero in the fourth quarter) shooting a contested fadeaway that missed everything. So that didn't work, right?
Naz was coming towards Karl at the top of the key clapping his hands, he had a step on the defender.

That's where the ball should have went.

ANT was cold the entire second half.

Not getting the ball to the hot shooter in that situation is a failure by the entire team.
My body, my choice.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

i've never understood the insistence on getting the ball to our "stars" in those situations. Ok, sure, when they are hot go for it - but it's not like Karl or Ant are Michael Jordan or Larry Bird or something - guys you can count on to ALWAYS hit those shots. I think i saw the stat earlier that Karl was 1-6 in game winners this year - that tells you all you need to know right there. Again, if they are hot - get them the ball. Otherwise, the best play will be to get FIVE of our best scorers/shooters out there to commit the D, and then get it to either the guy who's been the hottest - or the guy who is the most open. we have a roster full of NBA players - trust them to make a play. TJ Warren has made over 2200 baskets in his NBA career. As a surprise option on a play like that, I think he probably could have gotten off a clean 14 footer. And if he missed, at least it would have been a better shot than the airball Ant threw up. With Rudy gone, our chance to win that game last night was in regulation - NOT in OT.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:06 pmNaz was coming towards Karl at the top of the key clapping his hands, he had a step on the defender.
No he didn’t. Allen went under McDaniels screen, but he recovered in plenty of time.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

SHAFA wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:12 pm
LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:06 pmNaz was coming towards Karl at the top of the key clapping his hands, he had a step on the defender.
No he didn’t. Allen went under McDaniels screen, but he recovered in plenty of time.
Still woulda went to the guy with a hot hand rather than the guy that was colder than the ice cubes in my margarita tonight.
My body, my choice.
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:22 pm
Still woulda went to the guy with a hot hand rather than the guy that was colder than the ice cubes in my margarita tonight.
Honest question. Do you ever post here after a win, or just troll after losses?????
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

aztimberwolves wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:16 pm

Honest question. Do you ever post here after a win, or just troll after losses?????
What's trolling by saying it woulda been better to go to the guy that had a career night, rather than the guy that was ice cold?

WTF?

Do I live to post here after each and every game? No. I have a real life.

Do my kid and I have 4 jerseys between us, did I just order NAZ license plates for my kid for his plates for his car? Both yes. I've been to six home games this year, but do I live and breathe Timberwolves every single moment of my day? No.

Do I have opinions and am I free to post them? Yes.

Did I post in the KAT injury thread 1-0 sans KAT after the last win? Yes. Was I posting opposite, that there's a solid chance that the team doesn't collapse after KAT's injury unlike the first 30 posts in the injury thread? Yes.
My body, my choice.
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:20 am
What's trolling by saying it woulda been better to go to the guy that had a career night, rather than the guy that was ice cold?

WTF?

Do my kid and I have 4 jerseys between us, did I just order NAZ license plates for my kid for his plates for his car? Both yes. I've been to six home games this year, but do I live and breathe Timberwolves every single moment of my day? No.

Did I post in the KAT injury thread 1-0 sans KAT after the last win? Yes. Was I posting opposite, that there's a solid chance that the team doesn't collapse after KAT's injury unlike the first 30 posts in the injury thread? Yes.
In short of that wall of text, yes you only show up to troll hard after losses. Are you ASSMAN as well??
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

aztimberwolves wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:39 am

WTF?

In short of that wall of text, yes you only show up to troll hard after losses. Are you ASSMAN as well??
Right. Apparently I'm just in your head.

Go back to the clippers thread. I was at the game. Posted a pic, was commenting the entire game.

Go back to an earlier Memphis.game. Hell, even during the Cavs game I was bitching about the shitty refs.

Go to the Rudy ref thread, I posted the change.org post to get Scott Foster fired.

Maybe stop and look around a little more.

Beef posted the same thing about two months ago because I didn't post during a game thread where the Wolves won, then I posted a bunch of pics we'd been out to dinner with my oldest celebrating because he got his degree in the mail from the U of MN.

Maybe stop letting nameless faceless pukes live in your head, stop being a douche, and just read along without getting so emotionally wrapped up in conversation, that in the end, means absolutely nothing.
My body, my choice.
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:53 am

WTF?

Go back to the clippers thread. I was at the game. Posted a pic, was commenting the entire game.

Go back to an earlier Memphis.game. Hell, even during the Cavs game I was bitching about the shitty refs.

Go to the Rudy ref thread, I posted the change.org post to get Scott Foster fired.

Beef posted the same thing about two months ago because I didn't post during a game thread where the Wolves won, then I posted a bunch of pics we'd been out to dinner with my oldest celebrating because he got his degree in the mail from the U of MN.

Maybe stop letting nameless faceless pukes live in your head, stop being a douche, and just read along without getting so emotionally wrapped up in conversation, that in the end, means absolutely nothing.
i expected nothing less asshat. you stay classy
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

WTF?

You kind of abdicated any ground to stand on as a fan of this squad when you said “it’s your team, fam,” after a loss.

I guess it’s only your team too after wins?

Don’t act surprised that people don’t like you here. You’re a troll. People don’t like trolls. People are going to express their dislike for trolls. Get used to it. If you don’t like it, don’t troll.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

aztimberwolves wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:07 am

Fam, you came after me, saying I only posted to troll hard after a loss.

I give examples of my posts, which are pretty easy to find with the search function, and you're telling me to stay classy?

Enjoy your Sunday. Hopefully you can get outside and get some fresh air. Take a break away from the keyboard.
My body, my choice.
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:08 pm

I give examples of my posts, which are pretty easy to find with the search function, and you're telling me to stay classy?

Enjoy your Sunday. Hopefully you can get outside and get some fresh air. Take a break away from the keyboard.
Lol, says the guy that showed up after the Cleveland loss but nowhere to be found after the best win of the season in Indiana. Also, posting on the Clippers and Sacramento game threads (all losses) and then nowhere to be found on the Portland, Nets, Memphis, and San Antonio threads (all wins).

Notice a trend TROLL?
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:07 pm

WTF?

You kind of abdicated any ground to stand on as a fan of this squad when you said “it’s your team, fam,” after a loss.

Don’t act surprised that people don’t like you here. You’re a troll. People don’t like trolls. People are going to express their dislike for trolls. Get used to it. If you don’t like it, don’t troll.
My favorite TROLL job by Lawnmowertroll was being critical of ANT's play and saying he cant score in the clutch during the Clippers game, and then nowhere to be found after the Indiana game. Hilarious, What a clown.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

aztimberwolves wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:17 pm

WTF?

My favorite TROLL job by Lawnmowertroll was being critical of ANT's play and saying he cant score in the clutch during the Clippers game, and then nowhere to be found after the Indiana game. Hilarious, What a clown.
It wasn’t “our team” that night, fam…

- Isaac Asimov
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:19 pm

Pretty sure we're not supposed to dwell on what people post / say. At least that's what Shafa said to me when Kat said they were bored.
My body, my choice.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

aztimberwolves wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:15 pm

Lol, says the guy that showed up after the Cleveland loss but nowhere to be found after the best win of the season in Indiana. Also, posting on the Clippers and Sacramento game threads (all losses) and then nowhere to be found on the Portland, Nets, Memphis, and San Antonio threads (all wins).

Notice a trend TROLL?
It literally takes 2 seconds with the search function.

"Nowhere to be found".

You though... You're right. Guys that are paid 100's of M's are going to be distraught I'm not making it to every game thread to post attaboys.

I'm adding the remainder of the schedule to my calendar so I don't miss another GDT.

My body, my choice.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:36 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:19 pm

Pretty sure we're not supposed to dwell on what people post / say. At least that's what Shafa said to me when Kat said they were bored.
Waaaah

- Isaac Asimov
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:43 pm
aztimberwolves wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:15 pm

Notice a trend TROLL?
It literally takes 2 seconds with the search function.

"Nowhere to be found".

You though... You're right. Guys that are paid 100's of M's are going to be distraught I'm not making it to every game thread to post attaboys.

I'm adding the remainder of the schedule to my calendar so I don't miss another GDT.

Just admit you’re a troll. It’s the first step of recovery.

You can still be a fan of the Wolves. Having jerseys proves nothing about you being an active troll on here. When they lose you’re quite prevalent on here with your doom and gloom over the top analysis yet now where to be found AFTER wins pointing out the good stuff the team did. It’s ok to have opinions and concerns about losses but when you’re SO clearly here just to rub salt in the wounds after a loss and NEVER posts positive observations makes you the worst kind of TROLL.
Lightning
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by Lightning »

dude is so cringe, like old dawn in-crowd cringe.
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

Lightning wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:19 pm dude is so cringe, like old dawn in-crowd cringe.
LOL. Anybody that posts pictures of family members on here needs to have their head examined.