Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Here how I see things play out…

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Oriole81

Re: Here how I see things play out…

Post by Oriole81 »

Gordonbombay wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:34 pm
Small Hands wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:15 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:15 pm I really hope they get in the top 3 for a QB.

I believe NE would be willing to make a trade. I do the 3 1sts that was rumored and I don’t think twice about it.
Agree 100%
Hersehel Walker trade all over again. I'm out. We have seen how this move plays out. NE drops back to 11 and takes JJ and he becomes the next Tom Brady and they are holding a bag of draft pics. No thanks!
You seem to think very highly of first time head coach and former LB Jarod Mayo.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
Gordonbombay

Post by Gordonbombay »

Oriole81 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:38 pm

Agree 100%
Hersehel Walker trade all over again. I'm out. We have seen how this move plays out. NE drops back to 11 and takes JJ and he becomes the next Tom Brady and they are holding a bag of draft pics. No thanks!
You seem to think very highly of first time head coach and former LB Jarod Mayo.
I don't really have an opinion on him. Was a decent backer. I'm just saying look at what has happened to MN sports in the past. Timberwolves trade with Boston they win a title. Ortiz traded to Boston they win a title. There is a trend of us helping Boston win and I am not on board with that. Trading 3+ first rounders would mean the Vikings would have to hit on a lot of late round picks which I am not confident they can do.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Gordonbombay wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:28 pm

I don't really have an opinion on him. Was a decent backer. I'm just saying look at what has happened to MN sports in the past. Timberwolves trade with Boston they win a title. Ortiz traded to Boston they win a title. There is a trend of us helping Boston win and I am not on board with that. Trading 3+ first rounders would mean the Vikings would have to hit on a lot of late round picks which I am not confident they can do.
The point I was "admittedly snarkily" trying to make is that with Belichick and Brady now gone, the cache is fully off of NE.
They'll have to fully rebuild their competency, and competitive advantage.
They easily could be a crap organization for a while, just like any other team.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

C’mon that superstition stuff is for the birds. The Timberwolves and Twins are two of the worst run franchises in sports.

I do agree in the confidence of hitting on late rounders. Heck, this team can’t seem to land 1st rounders very often. :lol:

Here’s the way I look at it…. If you land a franchise QB and by franchise I’m not talking the Carrs, Daks etc of the world as those guys are pretend franchise QBs, I’m talking a top dawg, Gordo. Those guys can galvanize a team without near as much talent around them. And if you don’t have one of those guys but have a stacked team with a mediocre QB? Your chance of winning a championship is slim to none anyway. It works if you want to go 9-8 and dumped right away.

Problem is right now we don’t have the QB or the stacked team. :(
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Gordonbombay

Post by Gordonbombay »

Oriole81 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:30 pm

The point I was "admittedly snarkily" trying to make is that with Belichick and Brady now gone, the cache is fully off of NE.
I get it man they could be a dumpster fire for years which wouldnt upset me terribly. So could we if we hit or miss on a QB that high in the draft after giving up 3 years of assets. Do I want one of the top 3 QB's this year? Absolutely! Am I willing to pay what it takes to get there? Probably not. Kind of reminds me of buying a house within the last few years. Here is our 500K house that is worth 500K but with the lack of inventory and high demand you likely are going to have to pay us 600K to get the deal done and put yourself in an instant negative equity situation.
Beetlejuice

Post by Beetlejuice »

Beetlejuice wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:07 pm Kirk Cousins
It all comes down to guaranteed cash. Kirk knows what the Vikings will offer, so him and agent will use the tampering period to see what type of offers they can get from other teams. If they ain’t willing to exceed what the Vikings have offered or the Vikings cave and match it, Kirk will resign.

Danielle Hunter
Good as gone. You hear nothing about Hunter and Vikings. It could be because of the media focusing on Cousins, but I see it as Hunter is going into FA. The best contract will win his services, which leaves the Vikings with just Patrick Jones and Andre Carter at Edge for now.

Edge
I expect the Vikings to resign both Wommun and Davenport and sign a veteran Edge guy. Because of injury/recovery concerns with Davenport and Wommum, it’s hard to see this position as being productive next year. The lack of interviews done at this position during the combine is also concerning as to how this team will handle the loss of Hunter.

NFL Draft
Based off reports, the Vikings did not interview Nix. All other QBs in the top 6 did interview, so they will take a QB. The question now is who and how will they get them. A trade up will be needed for the top 3. Who the fuck knows where McCarthy’s value is. I feel like there is a lot of smoke behind the rumors right now, so I’ll hold off on being his true value. Penix to me looks like a late 2nd round/early 3rd round pick.

The team did some quite a few interviews with defensive lineman. Based off the combine, I believe QB/DL are the positions that will be addressed for the first two picks.

Jordan Hicks
I believe the he will resigned. There’s plenty of other options in FA, but I think Flores values him as a defensive leader.

Running Back
The release of Mattison makes it clear to me that the Vikings will use FA to bring in a new starting RB. Right now the top 3 that will be hitting the market are (Barkley, Pollard, and Swift). Still waiting for word on Jacobs.

Center
We’ll have to wait another week to see if the reports of Bradberry being released are true. I still think he’ll be back.
Making a quick edit here cause I just saw the interview KOC did at the combine and I’m feeling more pessimistic about Kirk resigning. He seemed completely irked and made mention of teams talking to Kirk already. It’s fair to say that my estimation from what I wrote a cuppa days ago to now after seeing that interview about Kirk resigning just fucking plummeted.

Might be time to consider Minshew, Mayfield, or Wilson for next year. It’s that or take a step back and let the rookie QB take his lumps.
Thank you… fuck you… bye!
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Beetlejuice wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:33 pm
It all comes down to guaranteed cash. Kirk knows what the Vikings will offer, so him and agent will use the tampering period to see what type of offers they can get from other teams. If they ain’t willing to exceed what the Vikings have offered or the Vikings cave and match it, Kirk will resign.

Danielle Hunter
Good as gone. You hear nothing about Hunter and Vikings. It could be because of the media focusing on Cousins, but I see it as Hunter is going into FA. The best contract will win his services, which leaves the Vikings with just Patrick Jones and Andre Carter at Edge for now.

Edge
I expect the Vikings to resign both Wommun and Davenport and sign a veteran Edge guy. Because of injury/recovery concerns with Davenport and Wommum, it’s hard to see this position as being productive next year. The lack of interviews done at this position during the combine is also concerning as to how this team will handle the loss of Hunter.

NFL Draft
Based off reports, the Vikings did not interview Nix. All other QBs in the top 6 did interview, so they will take a QB. The question now is who and how will they get them. A trade up will be needed for the top 3. Who the fuck knows where McCarthy’s value is. I feel like there is a lot of smoke behind the rumors right now, so I’ll hold off on being his true value. Penix to me looks like a late 2nd round/early 3rd round pick.

The team did some quite a few interviews with defensive lineman. Based off the combine, I believe QB/DL are the positions that will be addressed for the first two picks.

Jordan Hicks
I believe the he will resigned. There’s plenty of other options in FA, but I think Flores values him as a defensive leader.

Running Back
The release of Mattison makes it clear to me that the Vikings will use FA to bring in a new starting RB. Right now the top 3 that will be hitting the market are (Barkley, Pollard, and Swift). Still waiting for word on Jacobs.

Center
We’ll have to wait another week to see if the reports of Bradberry being released are true. I still think he’ll be back.
Making a quick edit here cause I just saw the interview KOC did at the combine and I’m feeling more pessimistic about Kirk resigning. He seemed completely irked and made mention of teams talking to Kirk already. It’s fair to say that my estimation from what I wrote a cuppa days ago to now after seeing that interview about Kirk resigning just fucking plummeted.

Might be time to consider Minshew, Mayfield, or Wilson for next year. It’s that or take a step back and let the rookie QB take his lumps.
The Mayfield talk here makes no sense if you are drafting a QB. He’s going to get paid a good amount by someone with a few years attached. He’s not going somewhere to be their QB for a year or two while they have his replacement waiting in the wings. He’s going somewhere with the intention to be the starting QB for now and the future. We will see how that works out for him though, I don’t think he’s very good. I see him staying in TB. He’s stupid if he doesn’t as that team has actually saved his career.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Beetlejuice

Post by Beetlejuice »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:38 pm

Danielle Hunter

Edge

NFL Draft

Jordan Hicks

Running Back

Center

The Mayfield talk here makes no sense if you are drafting a QB. He’s going to get paid a good amount by someone with a few years attached. He’s not going somewhere to be their QB for a year or two while they have his replacement waiting in the wings. He’s going somewhere with the intention to be the starting QB for now and the future. We will see how that works out for him though, I don’t think he’s very good. I see him staying in TB. He’s stupid if he doesn’t as that team has actually saved his career.
Yeah, Minshew is probably the only option should the Vikings draft a QB. Mayfield and Wilson aren’t signing with a team that’s going to want an out after a year. It’s still all about guaranteed cash with Kirk and KOC doesn’t seem confident that he’s going to get his boy back with what he heard at the combine.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Beetlejuice wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:20 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:38 pm

Yeah, Minshew is probably the only option should the Vikings draft a QB. Mayfield and Wilson aren’t signing with a team that’s going to want an out after a year. It’s still all about guaranteed cash with Kirk and KOC doesn’t seem confident that he’s going to get his boy back with what he heard at the combine.
Kirk Cousins has made a TON of money to never deliver a winner.

I thought Sam Bradford would never be beat in that department.

You already know what he’s going to do in ATL. He will have them just good enough but not good enough. ATL has sucked for awhile though so their fan base is probably hungry for mediocrity. We’ve been doing it for over a half decade with him.
Last edited by RubeTube on Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
cdr2529

Post by cdr2529 »

If they get to keep Cousin and draft McCarthy I will ban myself from this website until both are gone!
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

cdr2529 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:28 pm If they get to keep Cousin and draft McCarthy I will ban myself from this website until both are gone!
:lol:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

cdr2529 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:28 pm If they get to keep Cousin and draft McCarthy I will ban myself from this website until both are gone!
Solid incentive to make those moves.
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

mlhouse wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:55 pm
Solid incentive to make those moves.
Indeed. Can someone help make this happen? :lol:
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:15 pm I really hope they get in the top 3 for a QB.

I believe NE would be willing to make a trade. I do the 3 1sts that was rumored and I don’t think twice about it.
Agree 100%
McCarthy isn’t the next Tom Brady FFS. Trading your whole draft for a RB is different from trading 2-3, 1sts for a potential franchise QB. If KOC is this great football mind and QB whisperer that a lot in here think, he should be able to mold a high potential rookie QB.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Small Hands wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:56 am

Agree 100%
McCarthy isn’t the next Tom Brady FFS. Trading your whole draft for a RB is different from trading 2-3, 1sts for a potential franchise QB. If KOC is this great football mind and QB whisperer that a lot in here think, he should be able to mold a high potential rookie QB.
No one can project the next Tom Brady because Tom Brady wasn't projected either.

If the Vikings decide to trade up, then I believe that they need to keep a veteran QB like Cousins or Russ as the bridge QB. ALl the complainers can talk about the 9-8 season we would have but I think it is important to have a good record when you trade out these future picks.

When the Chiefs traded up to #10 to draft Patrick Mahomes, they had Alex Smith as their QB and were coming off a 12-4 record. They sat Mahomes for an entire season behind Smith and ended up with a 10-6 record. That meant the 2018 first round pick they gave up was 22nd in the draft. That makes the trade solid vs. Carolina trading up to select Bryce Young, start teh rookie QB from day 1, and the 2024 first round pick they gave up was the first overall (they could have their choice of QBs), not to mention the 2023 second round pick, the 2025 second round pick, and by far their best wide receiver DJ Moore they gave up.

I would be very hesitant to mortgage away future draft picks if our projected starting QB in 2024 is either a bridge guy like Sam Darnold or Gardner Mishnew, or the rookie himself.

That does not mean I would not make the deal, just it would have to be a no brainer in my mind. Frank Reich thought it was a no-brainer and he did not even make the full year in his job with Carolina. Andy Reid, well he is going into his 12th season with Kansas CIty, 12 consecutive winning seasons, 11 playoff appearances and seasons with at least 10 wins, 6 conference title games in a row, 4 Super Bowl appearances, 3 Super Bowl titles.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

mlhouse wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:05 am

No one can project the next Tom Brady because Tom Brady wasn't projected either.

If the Vikings decide to trade up, then I believe that they need to keep a veteran QB like Cousins or Russ as the bridge QB. ALl the complainers can talk about the 9-8 season we would have but I think it is important to have a good record when you trade out these future picks.

When the Chiefs traded up to #10 to draft Patrick Mahomes, they had Alex Smith as their QB and were coming off a 12-4 record. They sat Mahomes for an entire season behind Smith and ended up with a 10-6 record. That meant the 2018 first round pick they gave up was 22nd in the draft. That makes the trade solid vs. Carolina trading up to select Bryce Young, start teh rookie QB from day 1, and the 2024 first round pick they gave up was the first overall (they could have their choice of QBs), not to mention the 2023 second round pick, the 2025 second round pick, and by far their best wide receiver DJ Moore they gave up.

I would be very hesitant to mortgage away future draft picks if our projected starting QB in 2024 is either a bridge guy like Sam Darnold or Gardner Mishnew, or the rookie himself.

That does not mean I would not make the deal, just it would have to be a no brainer in my mind. Frank Reich thought it was a no-brainer and he did not even make the full year in his job with Carolina. Andy Reid, well he is going into his 12th season with Kansas CIty, 12 consecutive winning seasons, 11 playoff appearances and seasons with at least 10 wins, 6 conference title games in a row, 4 Super Bowl appearances, 3 Super Bowl titles.
what difference does it make what the team's record is if they've trade the pick away? just so someone on a message board can say it wasn't as bad of a trade? it doesn't make any sense--and they're going to have better position for the picks they do have. there's no logic to your position mlhouse as far as draft picks go. having a bridge QB is a different matter. some teams might want one--some teams might want to let their rookie get the reps. you can make an argument for either/or.
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

If Cousins is gone, I can't see a scenario where the Vikes don't go one of the top 4 QBs
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

If Kirk is gone, sign Wilson, draft edge at 11, trade back up and grab one of the other qbs late in the first for the 5th year option.

Marcus Davenport will not be a Viking. There were reports people in the organization wondered if he cared about football at all... resign Wonnum for sure. Hunter gone.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

weimy froob wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:10 am

what difference does it make what the team's record is if they've trade the pick away? just so someone on a message board can say it wasn't as bad of a trade? it doesn't make any sense--and they're going to have better position for the picks they do have. there's no logic to your position mlhouse as far as draft picks go. having a bridge QB is a different matter. some teams might want one--some teams might want to let their rookie get the reps. you can make an argument for either/or.
Perhaps, but it highlights the alternative to trading. Don't you think that Carolina would love to have that 2024 first round pick back?

What really made the Herschel Walker trade bad wasn't necessarily the picks they surrendered. It was that the VIkings managemnet thought the trade would push their picks to the end of the rounds and Dallas was rebuilding and their picks would be at the top of the rounds.

So the third round picks Dallas gave up would be almsot 2nd round picks and the third round picks we gave up would be almost 4th rounders, and the first round picks would be late first round picks of a winning team.

What is very interesting, at least to me, is that the best player selected with any of the draft picks in that trade was Jake Reed by the Vikings.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

mlhouse wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:36 am
weimy froob wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:10 am

Perhaps, but it highlights the alternative to trading. Don't you think that Carolina would love to have that 2024 first round pick back?

What really made the Herschel Walker trade bad wasn't necessarily the picks they surrendered. It was that the VIkings managemnet thought the trade would push their picks to the end of the rounds and Dallas was rebuilding and their picks would be at the top of the rounds.

So the third round picks Dallas gave up would be almsot 2nd round picks and the third round picks we gave up would be almost 4th rounders, and the first round picks would be late first round picks of a winning team.

What is very interesting, at least to me, is that the best player selected with any of the draft picks in that trade was Jake Reed by the Vikings.
they wouldn't have the first pick if they had the red rocket as the QB. we went over this before. the only logical reason why you might not want to make a trade is if you're going to be allowing your competitor to get much better at your expense. if that team is in the AFC you'd never have to worry about that unless you met in the SB. that's too far in the weeds thinking anyways. you can't be concerned where that team might be selecting with your draft pick.

carolina's big mistake wasn't making the trade. it looks like it was in their evaluation of the QBs in the draft. out of the top three they might have taken the worst one in the draft.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

weimy froob wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:10 pm
they wouldn't have the first pick if they had the red rocket as the QB. we went over this before. the only logical reason why you might not want to make a trade is if you're going to be allowing your competitor to get much better at your expense. if that team is in the AFC you'd never have to worry about that unless you met in the SB. that's too far in the weeds thinking anyways. you can't be concerned where that team might be selecting with your draft pick.

carolina's big mistake wasn't making the trade. it looks like it was in their evaluation of the QBs in the draft. out of the top three they might have taken the worst one in the draft.
No, this outcome is a possible problem with making the trade. It is how these franchise altering trades can kill your franchise because player evaluation isnt perfect AND the randomness of career ending injuries are part of the game.

In the end, I think the trade values on these types of moves has gone overboard. Trading two top 10 picks like the Panthers did, plus two 2nds, and DJ Moore was an absurd trade value to move from 9 to 1 based on the expected outcomes.

That is why I would rarely do it, if ever.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

mlhouse wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:23 pm

No, this outcome is a possible problem with making the trade. It is how these franchise altering trades can kill your franchise because player evaluation isnt perfect AND the randomness of career ending injuries are part of the game.

In the end, I think the trade values on these types of moves has gone overboard. Trading two top 10 picks like the Panthers did, plus two 2nds, and DJ Moore was an absurd trade value to move from 9 to 1 based on the expected outcomes.

i do agree that that is a lot of compensation for taking a QB that might not be six foot tall. that's why i think you have to feel that you got it right with your evaluation before you make that trade. it can still go south--but they made that trade for bryce young.

also, it doesn't have to set a franchise back years if you whiff. the 49ers have shown you that. again, fans overvalue draft picks in the abstract. what matters is having a high hit percentage when you do make your selection. there are a lot of real good football players that play the game that aren't first round draft picks.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

weimy froob wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:30 pm

i do agree that that is a lot of compensation for taking a QB that might not be six foot tall. that's why i think you have to feel that you got it right with your evaluation before you make that trade. it can still go south--but they made that trade for bryce young.

also, it doesn't have to set a franchise back years if you whiff. the 49ers have shown you that. again, fans overvalue draft picks in the abstract. what matters is having a high hit percentage when you do make your selection. there are a lot of real good football players that play the game that aren't first round draft picks.
But even if you feel you got it right, it doesn't make it right. San Fransisco probably felt they had everything right when they traded up to take Trey Lance, but they had nothing right. (This is another example of trading up from strength, but in the end they were a bit lucky too).
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

mlhouse wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:36 pm
weimy froob wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:30 pm

But even if you feel you got it right, it doesn't make it right. San Fransisco probably felt they had everything right when they traded up to take Trey Lance, but they had nothing right. (This is another example of trading up from strength, but in the end they were a bit lucky too).
were you sold on bryce young before the draft last year? teams that have superior player evaluations/scouts are the ones that have success in the NFL.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

If it matters, the reports I have heard were that Reich and McCown both wanted Stroud, but it was Tepper that overruled and took Young.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

weimy froob wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:40 pm

were you sold on bryce young before the draft last year? teams that have superior player evaluations/scouts are the ones that have success in the NFL.
Sold? No way. He was too small for anyone to be sold in my opinion.

And I agree on your last point, but the problem in the NFL is the egos of the individuals involved makes them believe they have superior player evaluations even if the facts demonstrate otherwise. Same with all sports.

And luck has a lot to do with it.

If your team collapses and you get the top pick in the 2007 draft, like the Raiders, and the available QBs are DeMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn, Kevin Kolb, John Beck, Drew Stanton, Trent Edwards, Isaiah Stanback, Jeff Rowe, Troy Smith, Jordan Palmer, and Tyler Thigpen you are unlucky. While talent evaluation is still critical so that you do not take DeMarcus Russell, the fact is you were not going to fill a franchise QB slot no matter what.

BUT, the WE MUST DRAFT A FRANCHISE QB crowd are the ones who push a player like Russell to the top of the draft, passing on Hall of Fame players who went 2nd and 3rd (Calvin Johnson and Joe Thomas). These mistakes propagate terrible times for franchises. The Raiders spent from 2003, the last year of Rich Gannon as their starter, throug h2015 without having a winning record. They had one 2 win, one 3 win, 5 4 wins, three 5 win, one 7 and two 8 win seasons in that stretch. Then had a weird 12-4 record, 4 more losing seasons, a 10-7 record, and two more losing seasons.

But what happens if Matt Ryan, the 3rd overall pick in 2008, is available instead.
Beetlejuice

Post by Beetlejuice »

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:14 am If Cousins is gone, I can't see a scenario where the Vikes don't go one of the top 4 QBs
They may have no choice if they can’t find a trade partner. I’m not sold on McCarthy being a top 10 pick though. I believe he’ll go first round, but the top 10 rumors seem like the teams in the top 10 are using him as a smokescreen.
Señor Trumpo

Post by Señor Trumpo »

Beetlejuice wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:16 pm
Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:14 am If Cousins is gone, I can't see a scenario where the Vikes don't go one of the top 4 QBs
They may have no choice if they can’t find a trade partner. I’m not sold on McCarthy being a top 10 pick though. I believe he’ll go first round, but the top 10 rumors seem like the teams in the top 10 are using him as a smokescreen.
If they don't get one of the top four, I think they are forced to take Penix maybe even as high as 11 with Denver and LV right behind us.
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

I think Minnesota takes a quarterback of the second round. The first round pick will be a defensive lineman.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Gordonbombay wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:37 pm
Oriole81 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:30 pm

I get it man they could be a dumpster fire for years which wouldnt upset me terribly. So could we if we hit or miss on a QB that high in the draft after giving up 3 years of assets. Do I want one of the top 3 QB's this year? Absolutely! Am I willing to pay what it takes to get there? Probably not. Kind of reminds me of buying a house within the last few years. Here is our 500K house that is worth 500K but with the lack of inventory and high demand you likely are going to have to pay us 600K to get the deal done and put yourself in an instant negative equity situation.
Honestly it wouldn’t be much less entertaining if they were a dumpster fire. This team seems to be a legit contender about once a decade.

Watching a bottom of the barrel team is only slightly worse and slightly less exciting that what we’ve been watching for the last 10+ years here except for a season or two.

It’s really gotten that FN pathetic. Ever since Spielman took over this franchise has been as mediocre as it gets.

I miss the Denny G era. I can’t believe being in the playoffs 8 out of 9 years anymore. This team hasn’t made back to back playoff appearances since Brad Childress was a HC. :lol:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master