Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Plan B option?

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
cdr2529

Re: Plan B option?

Post by cdr2529 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:30 pm
cdr2529 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:18 pm I don't care what he gets paid from any other team I just want him off the Vikings team because he is who he is and that is just a little above average.
I do too.

I wouldn’t offer him a contract. I think he’s a decent QB but it’s just time to move on. At least with a new guy, especially a young guy, you get a look at who can be your future guy.

Absolutely NOTHING is going to be accomplished by bringing Cousins back. You are not good enough to contend and he’s not your future. It makes no sense to bring him back.
Counsinhas six years to prove himself and he is average nothing more and nothing less
cdr2529

Post by cdr2529 »

cdr2529 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:00 pm
cdr2529 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:18 pm I don't care what he gets paid from any other team I just want him off the Vikings team because he is who he is and that is just a little above average.
I do too.

I wouldn’t offer him a contract. I think he’s a decent QB but it’s just time to move on. At least with a new guy, especially a young guy, you get a look at who can be your future guy.

Absolutely NOTHING is going to be accomplished by bringing Cousins back. You are not good enough to contend and he’s not your future. It makes no sense to bring him back.
Counsin had six years to prove himself and he is average QB nothing more and nothing less
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

cdr2529 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:00 pm
I do too.

Counsinhas six years to prove himself and he is average nothing more and nothing less
If the team was setup better I wouldn’t be as against it.

If you sign him back, you are likely to take your QB in rd #1 and you are not even using that pick to help him this year on a team that has holes everywhere. ATL is ready to go and probably going to spend pick #8 on a stud WR to give him more weapons in ATL.

It just doesn’t make sense here.

People don’t seem to understand what the Jefferson contract is going to do to this team. You can’t bring all these guys back. Well you could but you are going to have basically the same team you had last year with everyone a year older and it’s not even remotely close to good enough. You also complete fuck this team down the road salary wise for another shot at mediocrity.

I’m absolutely flabbergasted we have a new GM and HC and going on their THIRD season, some are still desperate to keep some of the main pieces around from the old regime. Why even hire these guys? They have a lot ahead of them. JJ is looking at a price that could cost close to 15% of the cap but yet we are supposed to bring back Cousins and Hunter. :lol: The whole rest of your team is going to be shit. I personally would deal Jefferson out of here if I could get the right haul but it would take a crazy offer to do it. I can’t think of a team who paid that much money to a WR and it working out. I also understand that he’s not going to get traded and I’m fine with that but it’s something that probably ends in a failure down the line. That’s why I say it all depends on getting that franchise QB on a rookie deal. You are fine paying JJ and probably pretty successful if you hit that right QB. If you don’t? We are probably looking at another AP situation but AP was way more able to take over a game than JJ is. You could just turn around and hand it to AP. You need someone to get it to JJ. I’m sure the package I would need to trade JJ doesn’t exist anyway.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
cdr2529

Post by cdr2529 »

What I don't think that people understand is that you have Smith, cousins, and even Hunter and Hunter is not old yet but he is getting there what have we won with them if the answer is nothing then we must let them go.
cdr2529

Post by cdr2529 »

And I would take Russell Wilson for a year or two until the franchise qb is ready and he is better than cousin now.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

cdr2529 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:45 pm What I don't think that people understand is that you have Smith, cousins, and even Hunter and Hunter is not old yet but he is getting there what have we won with them if the answer is nothing then we must let them go.
I hope they let Hunter and Harry walk.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
cdr2529

Post by cdr2529 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:54 pm
cdr2529 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:45 pm What I don't think that people understand is that you have Smith, cousins, and even Hunter and Hunter is not old yet but he is getting there what have we won with them if the answer is nothing then we must let them go.
I hope they let Hunter and Harry walk.
Even with them, we were not a good defense team! So why would we keep them? You only have so much under the cap
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

cdr2529 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:51 pm And I would take Russell Wilson for a year or two until the franchise qb is ready and he is better than cousin now.
No seriously, you should post more. :lol:
salamander

Post by salamander »

hategreenticemase wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:25 am
cdr2529 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:51 pm And I would take Russell Wilson for a year or two until the franchise qb is ready and he is better than cousin now.
No seriously, you should post more. :lol:
Triggered!
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.