Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

If I could sing......

Music forum.
jffl_commish

If I could sing......

Post by jffl_commish »

I'd do a rock power ballad cover band. That would be fun as shit. Louder the better!
Let's get Tropical
Jack Soo 5

Re: If I could sing......

Post by Jack Soo 5 »

jffl_commish wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:45 pm I'd do a rock power ballad cover band. That would be fun as shit. Louder the better!
Commish, what does some of the setlist look like?

If you fire up I Remember You (skid row), Ballad of Jayne (L.A. Guns), or Heaven (warrant), I'll be in the front row with my bic lighter!
Keep your stick on the ice
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Jack Soo 5 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:27 am
jffl_commish wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:45 pm I'd do a rock power ballad cover band. That would be fun as shit. Louder the better!
Commish, what does some of the setlist look like?

If you fire up I Remember You (skid row), Ballad of Jayne (L.A. Guns), or Heaven (warrant), I'll be in the front row with my bic lighter!
You are definitely on the right path there! Fly to the Angels, She Talks to Angels, maybe a little November Rain, Snuff for something a lot newer....
Let's get Tropical
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

If you guys don’t do “When the Children Cry” by White Lion you’re missing a golden opportunity.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Jack Soo 5

Post by Jack Soo 5 »

Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:41 pm If you guys don’t do “When the Children Cry” by White Lion you’re missing a golden opportunity.
Because he was in a hair band, I feel like Vito Bratta was underrated/under appreciated. I saw them open up for AC/DC in '88. Dude could kick out the jams!
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Jack Soo 5 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:30 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:41 pm If you guys don’t do “When the Children Cry” by White Lion you’re missing a golden opportunity.
Because he was in a hair band, I feel like Vito Bratta was underrated/under appreciated. I saw them open up for AC/DC in '88. Dude could kick out the jams!
I’m sure a lot of those folks from that era were good musicians. Not all of them, but many of them. But they signed up for the glitz/glamor of that scene and losing credibility was part of the bargain.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Jack Soo 5

Post by Jack Soo 5 »

Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:34 pm
Jack Soo 5 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:30 pm
I’m sure a lot of those folks from that era were good musicians. Not all of them, but many of them. But they signed up for the glitz/glamor of that scene and losing credibility was part of the bargain.
Yep, exactly. I grew up in that era. Some of those mid to late 80's hair bands had some really good musicians.