Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Ugliest Rock and Roll Band Nominations

Music forum.
mlhouse

Ugliest Rock and Roll Band Nominations

Post by mlhouse »

I nominate Steely Dan

Skunk Baxter, Denny Dias, Donald Fagen, Jim Hodder, Walter Becker
Slap Shot

Re: Ugliest Rock and Roll Band Nominations

Post by Slap Shot »

The Ramones
KISS
Korn
Nightfly

Post by Nightfly »

mlhouse wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:13 pm I nominate Steely Dan

Huge fan, but hard to argue -- although that pic only applies to their first three albums. Dozens of rotating musicians played on their subsequent releases. Fagen and Becker were the only constant.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Nightfly wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:32 pm

Huge fan, but hard to argue -- although that pic only applies to their first three albums. Dozens of rotating musicians played on their subsequent releases. Fagen and Becker were the only constant.
I love Steely Dan but Fagen and Becker... man, they had to have the ugliest groupies.
Nightfly

Post by Nightfly »

mlhouse wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:18 pm

I love Steely Dan but Fagen and Becker... man, they had to have the ugliest groupies.
No homo -- they actually looked better later on, in their yacht-rock stage (late 70s, early 80s), and then when they reunited in the 90s. Think the drugs were pretty heavy in their earlier years. And, as shown here, I don't think any of them worried about looking like rock stars. Except the drummer, Hodder.

🎹🎸🎵
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Nightfly wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:57 am
mlhouse wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:18 pm

No homo -- they actually looked better later on, in their yacht-rock stage (late 70s, early 80s), and then when they reunited in the 90s. Think the drugs were pretty heavy in their earlier years. And, as shown here, I don't think any of them worried about looking like rock stars. Except the drummer, Hodder.

🎹🎸🎵
Donald Fagen and Walter Becker did become a bit better looking as they aged. ANd the Fagen-Becker combo could have just kept their original drummer, Chevvy Chase.
Steve Winwood

Post by Steve Winwood »

Metallica. The Walmart of metal.
Voltron

Post by Voltron »

Steve Winwood wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:20 pm Metallica. The Walmart of metal.
Coming from Steve Winwood, man? :?
FOR THE CULTURE!!!!
Spoiler:
Roy D.

Post by Roy D. »

Rush. Gerry Lee is one ugly dude.
Roy D.

Post by Roy D. »

Geddy…dang autocorrect
Jack Soo 5

Post by Jack Soo 5 »

Roy D. wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:54 am Geddy…dang autocorrect
If it had auto corrected to Gary, still would have been good. Rush is my favorite band of all time, but yeah, Geddy not so handsome. His bass playing and musical talent......very handsome!!

Quick tip: If you need to change something in a post after submitting, you can go back to it and click on the edit post icon (near your name/avatar space). Change what you want, then hit submit again. It updates the original post without generating a new one/or needing a new one.

Welcome aboard. Keep posting!
Keep your stick on the ice
Roy D.

Post by Roy D. »

Jack Soo 5 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:10 pm
If it had auto corrected to Gary, still would have been good. Rush is my favorite band of all time, but yeah, Geddy not so handsome. His bass playing and musical talent......very handsome!!

Quick tip: If you need to change something in a post after submitting, you can go back to it and click on the edit post icon (near your name/avatar space). Change what you want, then hit submit again. It updates the original post without generating a new one/or needing a new one.

I don’t think I get that option Yemana since I am going on a year without being approved yet,
Jack Soo 5

Post by Jack Soo 5 »

Roy D. wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:06 pm
Jack Soo 5 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:10 pm

I don’t think I get that option Yemana since I am going on a year without being approved yet,
Ahhhh......got it. Coffee's on me!
Keep your stick on the ice