Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Fire Kwesi!

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
weimy froob

Re: Fire Kwesi!

Post by weimy froob »

Oriole81 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:56 pm
weimy froob wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:46 pm i'm going to extend kwesi a little more rope after making the right decision on kirk. now finish the job by getting your QB in the draft.
Hopefully the Wilfs documented how close he actually got, because that Cousins deal is ridiculous.
They don't get that high unless Kwesi was pretty far down the path as well.
i think kirk is an excellent contract poker player.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

weimy froob wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:59 pm
weimy froob wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:46 pm i'm going to extend kwesi a little more rope after making the right decision on kirk. now finish the job by getting your QB in the draft.
Hopefully the Wilfs documented how close he actually got, because that Cousins deal is ridiculous.
If you draw your line in the sand, then it shouldn't matter how good of a poker player you're playing against.
It's just "no" and walk away.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Oriole81 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:14 pm

If you draw your line in the sand, then it shouldn't matter how good of a poker player you're playing against.
i have a hard time believing that the vikings offer was ever close enough for kirk to think about staying. he played his cards right to get that falcons offer though. :coolio:
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

weimy froob wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:59 pm

i have a hard time believing that the vikings offer was ever close enough for kirk to think about staying. he played his cards right to get that falcons offer though. :coolio:
I too don't know and I don't expect we will ever know.
That's why I said though that the Wilfs sure as hell better know.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Hector

Post by Hector »

weimy froob wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:36 am
I'm not sure why Houston took that offer. As of right now, Kwesi is on fire this off season. .
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Hector wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:47 am
I'm not sure why Houston took that offer. As of right now, Kwesi is on fire this off season. .
bringing more excitement than if he signed kirk to a 90 million dollar two year contract guaranteed. definitely looking to put his stamp on the franchise now.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

We are finally seeing this man’s vision. Not the bullshit competitive rebuild the Wilfs forced the first couple of years.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Hector

Post by Hector »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:06 pm
Extend him Now! This is awesome!
We are finally seeing this man’s vision. Not the bullshit competitive rebuild the Wilfs forced the first couple of years.
Hector

Post by Hector »

Hector wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:12 pm

mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Yeah that fucking 13 win season sucked.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

mlhouse wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:23 pm

Completely forgettable after laying a turd in the 1st round at home to an ass Giants team.

At the end of the day we blew it up. Would have rather got a year jump on it.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:26 pm
mlhouse wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:23 pm

Completely forgettable after laying a turd in the 1st round at home to an ass Giants team.

At the end of the day we blew it up. Would have rather got a year jump on it.
Even though it was alot of luck and returned really nothing tangible, I'm still of the opinion that the wins that season and last season, all added up into the KOC culture that should in the end pay off with much more. They managed to get a decent draft pick but still retain the glow of being a good team with just a couple missing parts.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Nightfly

Post by Nightfly »

weimy froob wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:50 pm
Kirk "holds a special place in Vikings history"? :thinking: :lol:

Whether or not their disappointing (or no better than mediocre) run over the last six seasons is all Cousins' fault, there is nothing special about this period in Vikings history. Only one North title in a sport with 4-team divisions. Only reached the divisional round once. No NFCC appearances.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Nightfly wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:01 pm

Whether or not their disappointing (or no better than mediocre) run over the last six seasons is all Cousins' fault, there is nothing special about this period in Vikings history. Only one North title in a sport with 4-team divisions. Only reached the divisional round once. No NFCC appearances.
Yeah, mediocrity is OK if you are getting better. Perpetual mediocrity is boring.

If had a bad season we'd get better draft picks, but to be a little better than .500 every year was nothing special. I had more fun the Keenum year than most of the last 6 seasons of Cousins.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

cunningham wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:12 pm

Yeah, mediocrity is OK if you are getting better. Perpetual mediocrity is boring.

If had a bad season we'd get better draft picks, but to be a little better than .500 every year was nothing special. I had more fun the Keenum year than most of the last 6 seasons of Cousins.
OT: the keenum year was better than any of the kirk years. hope that helps.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

weimy froob wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:57 pm

If we had a bad season we'd get better draft picks, but to be a little better than .500 every year was nothing special. I had more fun the Keenum year than most of the last 6 seasons of Cousins.
I have felt that way. I know he never did jack after here, but neither did Shurmur. My feeling from back then is sometimes an offensive coordinator and quarterback find success together. KOC with Kirk last season found a way to win, but the margin was too close this year and the offense struggled.

I asked a few Packer fans what they think about Kirk. They all said if you pressure him he folds. I think we were not being honest and some here constantly over-blamed the offensive line. The reality is that good teams could shut Kirk down with pressure. A guy like Keenum could make stuff up on the fly and find ways to win.

I had fun watching Keenum play that year. I had fun watching Teddy play and improve those two years. I didn't much care for Bradford or Cousins. They both had arms, but often would get shut down. Bradford more than Kirk. That last Chicago game where Bradford came back in was one of the weirdest games I ever watched. He looked like Hall getting totally shut down.

Keenum was a gunslinger. I'm sure he drove coaches nuts, but he found ways to extend drives. I miss that.
minnemike

Post by minnemike »

cunningham wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:11 pm

I asked a few Packer fans what they think about Kirk. They all said if you pressure him he folds. I think we were not being honest and some here constantly over-blamed the offensive line. The reality is that good teams could shut Kirk down with pressure. A guy like Keenum could make stuff up on the fly and find ways to win.

Perfectly explains why he failed in primetime, playoffs and vs the better teams, but was a stat superstar otherwise in regular season.
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

If we had a bad season we'd get better draft picks, but to be a little better than .500 every year was nothing special. I had more fun the Keenum year than most of the last 6 seasons of Cousins.
I have felt that way. I know he never did jack after here, but neither did Shurmur. My feeling from back then is sometimes an offensive coordinator and quarterback find success together. KOC with Kirk last season found a way to win, but the margin was too close this year and the offense struggled.

I had fun watching Keenum play that year. I had fun watching Teddy play and improve those two years. I didn't much care for Bradford or Cousins. They both had arms, but often would get shut down. Bradford more than Kirk. That last Chicago game where Bradford came back in was one of the weirdest games I ever watched. He looked like Hall getting totally shut down.

Keenum was a gunslinger. I'm sure he drove coaches nuts, but he found ways to extend drives. I miss that.
Have things changed so much that Packer fans are to believed about anything? :shock:
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

Kwesi will end up trading both 1st for five 2nd rounders and a 3rd.
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

William Munny wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:27 pm

Have things changed so much that Packer fans are to believed about anything? :shock:
Sounds like that packer fan is regurgitating information that has been spoon fed to him.
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

Kwesi will end up trading both 1st for five 2nd rounders and a 3rd.
minnemike

Post by minnemike »

How funny would it be if KOC and Kwesi simply helped Kirk get his big ATL payday by playing along with all fully knowing no new deal would come. Makes sense in a cut throat business approach. 😄 . Gets Kirk his money and removes ATL from the QB chase as well as cap purgatory. 4D chess ya’ll!
Hector

Post by Hector »

minnemike wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:25 am

How funny would it be if KOC and Kwesi simply helped Kirk get his big ATL payday by playing along with all fully knowing no new deal would come. Makes sense in a cut throat business approach. 😄 . Gets Kirk his money and removes ATL from the QB chase as well as cap purgatory. 4D chess ya’ll!
Diabolical!
Beetlejuice

Post by Beetlejuice »

Dianna Russini is reporting that Kwesi is on the hot seat. She makes it sound like Wilfs weren’t all in on letting Cousins go.

https://vikingsterritory.com/2024/news/ ... -draft/amp
Thank you… fuck you… bye!
PurpleValhalla

Post by PurpleValhalla »

I'm glad that Kwesi is going to be held accountable instead of given free reign
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Letting Kirk go is a plus in my book. But he’s got to get a guy in this draft or it’s a failure.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Offsides 97 defense

Post by Offsides 97 defense »

Every GM that didn't win the Superbowl last year is on the f-ing hot seat.
"Pickett"
"Sir yes sir"
"1800, Engineers, You go out and find mines"