Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official February - end of season Wild GDT***

A place to discuss the MN Wild
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Re: ***Official February - end of season Wild GDT***

Post by Ask Not »

Slap Shot wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:23 pm
Ask Not wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:38 pm
Slap Shot wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:56 pm I read elsewhere that the Wild brass are not enamored with Gus' work ethic, which if true could mean they're ready to move on from him. fwiw of course.
They know what they've got in Gus much, much better than I do. But Flower at 39 has shown you he's largely done and can't be a catalyst for a winning team, Gus still has the chance physically to return to 2023 form. To me, resigning Flower says, we're already punting next year.
I hope they are punting next year. It's time to develop the next generation and imho I'd rather test the waters with Jesper than Gus.
And maybe that's it, they want Fleury mentoring Wallstedt, not Gus. Then it makes perfect sense.
Ketchup can be nuancy
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

Upside to the Wild Season was grandsonSG attended his first game and enjoyed the adventure.
His Dad and Uncle **my boys** brought him to a game a couple of weeks ago.
He got his first wild game certificate and made to the start of the 3rd before they had Mom pick him up.
Not bad for a 20 month old. He loved the noise ad excitement of the rink and spent plenty of time just running around the club level. He does say Hockey when he sees it on the TV.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Sellingguy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:46 am Upside to the Wild Season was grandsonSG attended his first game and enjoyed the adventure.
He got his first wild game certificate and made to the start of the 3rd before they had Mom pick him up.
Not bad for a 20 month old. He loved the noise ad excitement of the rink and spent plenty of time just running around the club level. He does say Hockey when he sees it on the TV.
Good to see the next gen is already learning!!
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

Slap Shot wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:59 am
Sellingguy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:46 am Upside to the Wild Season was grandsonSG attended his first game and enjoyed the adventure.
Good to see the next gen is already learning!!
Hockey is on at their house a lot. They got him a little mini stick and he is hitting balls around his play area.
He likes all the sports equipment. He got tee ball set up for Easter. Put the ball on the tee and poked at the ball with the bat right away. Has a couple of mini golf clubs too.
He should dominate 2 year old football this summer! He is over 3ft tall!
Tundra Scout

Post by Tundra Scout »

Ask Not wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:55 am
Slap Shot wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:23 pm
Ask Not wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:38 pm

They know what they've got in Gus much, much better than I do. But Flower at 39 has shown you he's largely done and can't be a catalyst for a winning team, Gus still has the chance physically to return to 2023 form. To me, resigning Flower says, we're already punting next year.
I hope they are punting next year. It's time to develop the next generation and imho I'd rather test the waters with Jesper than Gus.
And maybe that's it, they want Fleury mentoring Wallstedt, not Gus. Then it makes perfect sense.
That’s my feelings exactly. Gus had his chance and pretty much blew it
mnbob70

Post by mnbob70 »

But is Wallstedt ready and do you really want to sell low on Gus? Gus has had two completely opposite years so a third year might better show what kind of player he really is. Next year is the last year of salary cap hell so it's a good year to figure out things.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

And he'll still get screwed for the Calder.
mnbob70

Post by mnbob70 »

Slap Shot wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:35 am

I saw that too. Must have been very uncomfortable if not downright painful.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

mnbob70 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:07 am
Slap Shot wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:35 am

I saw that too. Must have been very uncomfortable if not downright painful.
I would think any body check had to smart - even if contact was on the opposite side - because the body compresses.