Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***NFL Draft Talk***

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
cunningham

Re: ***NFL Draft Talk***

Post by cunningham »

CBS Sports Mock today:
1. Williams (Bears)
2. Maye (Washington)
3. McCarthy (Pats)
4. Harrison (Cards)
5. Daniels - Minnesota

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/new ... the-top-5/
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

D_H wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:11 am Head coach at the league meetings:

There is something fishy about McCarthy suddenly being the most desired quarterback in the draft outside of Caleb Williams.

“Nobody was talking about this guy being a top five pick until Jim Harbaugh and the Combine and all of a sudden, he’s a top five pick.”

“It is not coming from anyone in NFL circles, he was thought of as a second, or third round pick, so obviously the hype is coming from JJ McCarthy‘s camp.”
Yeah - no one at the combine is "in NFL circles".

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Beetlejuice

Post by Beetlejuice »

Interesting YouTube clip from WEEI from Boston, where the hosts are talking about what the Patriots will do on draft day. 2 outta the three host believe NE is leaving the door open for a trade. They even say that the Pats could be more intrigued in getting Penix as their QB.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uNc03Z2oPXE

On my phone so I can’t properly link it. Clips is 18 minutes long.
Thank you… fuck you… bye!
witljon

Post by witljon »

cunningham wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:20 pm CBS Sports Mock today:
1. Williams (Bears)
2. Maye (Washington)
3. McCarthy (Pats)
4. Harrison (Cards)
5. Daniels - Minnesota

We must’ve seen every possible combination after the Bears pick.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Sorry if this has been addressed already, but if the Vikings plan on trading up to get a QB, why haven't they done it already? What is the benefit for either partner in waiting until draft nignt?
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Tuck ya in

Post by Tuck ya in »

A week away, can not bleepin wait. All the speculation/smoke/b.s. will be over.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:41 pm Sorry if this has been addressed already, but if the Vikings plan on trading up to get a QB, why haven't they done it already? What is the benefit for either partner in waiting until draft nignt?
If the Vikes want to go up and say the patriots are willing to move, there is incentive for the Vikes to get it done now, but for the Pats, sight tight. Maybe someone else beats the offer.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

I was told tonight that MANY teams really like Penix and are hoping he makes it to them while they send smokescreens for other QBs.

Very intriguing.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Tuck ya in

Post by Tuck ya in »

Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:08 pm
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:41 pm Sorry if this has been addressed already, but if the Vikings plan on trading up to get a QB, why haven't they done it already? What is the benefit for either partner in waiting until draft nignt?
If the Vikes want to go up and say the patriots are willing to move, there is incentive for the Vikes to get it done now, but for the Pats, sight tight. Maybe someone else beats the offer.
That's definitely the likelihood. Other side of that coin, the Vikings are only willing to move up for only one of Daniels or Maye at #3, and they want to wait and see what Washington does fist. Kwesi has said "there in love with multiple Qb's in this draft" already, but maybe that's another smoke joke for all we really know.

The Patriots could only love one of Maye or Daniels too, and are waiting themselves to see what the Commanders do before potentially trading down for a haul of picks. :shrug:
Tuck ya in

Post by Tuck ya in »

You got to think the Pats (through conversations with teams) right now know their potential suitors for a trade down. Gun to the head, I would predict they have 4-5 serious inquires, and possibly 3 formal offers. Man, I would love to see their cards right now.
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

Tuck ya in wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:57 am You got to think the Pats (through conversations with teams) right now know their potential suitors for a trade down. Gun to the head, I would predict they have 4-5 serious inquires, and possibly 3 formal offers. Man, I would love to see their cards right now.
I pictured Slick Rick saying that as I read your post and looked at your avatard.
populousample

Post by populousample »

It may be as simple as they won’t trade up until they know they’re going to get their guy, so maybe not until there is certainty on who Wash is taking. Wash is who is holding the cards on how the chips will fall for many of the QB targeting teams. (assumption CHI is taking Caleb)
somuchyummy beef supreme chat
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

populousample wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:20 am
It may be as simple as they won’t trade up until they know they’re going to get their guy, so maybe not until there is certainty on who Wash is taking. Wash is who is holding the cards on how the chips will fall for many of the QB targeting teams. (assumption CHI is taking Caleb)
I agree.
Tuck ya in

Post by Tuck ya in »

minnemike wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:10 am
Tuck ya in wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:57 am You got to think the Pats (through conversations with teams) right now know their potential suitors for a trade down. Gun to the head, I would predict they have 4-5 serious inquires, and possibly 3 formal offers. Man, I would love to see their cards right now.
I pictured Slick Rick saying that as I read your post and looked at your avatard.
:lol: Trader Rick!
Beetlejuice

Post by Beetlejuice »

NFL Draft prospect died last night.

BlackDog

Post by BlackDog »

“Your boos mean nothing to me, I’ve seen what makes you cheer!”
Señor Trumpo

Post by Señor Trumpo »

BlackDog wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:10 am
He wants Jayden Daniels otherwise he trades to the Vikings.
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

Tuck ya in wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:01 pm A week away, can not bleepin wait. All the speculation/smoke/b.s. will be over.
:clap:

It's gotten stale.
Fortune Tellers Make a Killing Nowadays
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

Sarge wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:25 am
Tuck ya in wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:01 pm A week away, can not bleepin wait. All the speculation/smoke/b.s. will be over.

It's gotten stale.
Yeah, I am tired of all the pundits speculating what we are going to do.
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

1. Williams (Bears)
2. Maye (Washington)
3. McCarthy (Pats)
4. Harrison (Cards)
5. Daniels - Minnesota

Daniels?
Isn't he supposed to be coming in for a workout? First, why did it take so long, and why did he drop to us/5th all of a sudden? Something going on we don't know about? Agent playing games? Or do they think he won't drop that far?
Mplsfonz

Post by Mplsfonz »

Señor Trumpo wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:24 am
What makes you think that? And, if he's gone then we give up less. Let somebody else pay that price they will ask.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Mplsfonz wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:23 am
Sarge wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:25 am

It's gotten stale.
Yeah, I am tired of all the pundits speculating what we are going to do.
I know.
Mlhouse and Daniel Jeremiah just need to get in a ring and really fight, otherwise the constant back and forth is just white noise at this point.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Mplsfonz wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:36 am
1. Williams (Bears)
2. Maye (Washington)
3. McCarthy (Pats)
4. Harrison (Cards)
5. Daniels - Minnesota

Daniels?
Isn't he supposed to be coming in for a workout? First, why did it take so long, and why did he drop to us/5th all of a sudden? Something going on we don't know about? Agent playing games? Or do they think he won't drop that far?
I was surprised by the mock, but I'll take it!
Señor Trumpo

Post by Señor Trumpo »

Mplsfonz wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:41 am
What makes you think that? And, if he's gone then we give up less. Let somebody else pay that price they will ask.
He's the best QB in this draft and NE has too many holes to fill to let a QB sit and develop. Maye or McCarthy don't make sense for NE until they have a better supporting cast. They would get 2 of the top 10 defensive players with picks 11 and 23. Mayo is a Defensive coach. Who do they have that they'd trust to develop a QB?
Beetlejuice

Post by Beetlejuice »

Mplsfonz wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:41 am
Reports are the Patriots want Daniels and they are lukewarm on McCarthy and Maye. They are also bringing in Penix for a visit, which only makes sense if they don’t plan on drafting a QB at 3.

https://nesn.com/2024/04/patriots-rumor ... anned/amp/
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

I’m told Kraft wants a QB and Wolf doesn’t.

I’m also told that if a trade is to happen to get to #3, it will happen before the draft.

RTSports Prediction: Vikings and Patriots will announce a trade before next Thursday. Stay Tuned.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
cdr2529

Post by cdr2529 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:32 pm I’m told Kraft wants a QB and Wolf doesn’t.

I’m also told that if a trade is to happen to get to #3, it will happen before the draft.

RTSports Prediction: Vikings and Patriots will announce a trade before next Thursday. Stay Tuned.
Were you told the what picks are involved?
Señor Trumpo

Post by Señor Trumpo »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:32 pm I’m told Kraft wants a QB and Wolf doesn’t.

Thanks for the KOD Tube. :roll:
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

RT wins again!
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:52 pm

RT wins again!
Top 5 does not make any sense. Top 3 does make sense and NE would be the only one unless WAS is game (and all signs point to not). #4 could make sense if they like all top 4 QBs.