Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***NFL Draft Talk***

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: ***NFL Draft Talk***

Post by RubeTube »

Beetlejuice wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:38 am Beat writer for the Giants

It’s with NE at #3.

If Daniels is picked at #2, The Vikings will be on the clock.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Beetlejuice

Post by Beetlejuice »

Thank you… fuck you… bye!
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

One guy I absolutely love to move to LG and potentially be an all pro is Troy Fautanu out of Washington. He plays LT, but I think he’s better suited as a G. If the Vikings stay put at 11 and 23, Troy would be a very solid pick at 23.

Any other Tackles that would be a good prospect to move to LG that anyone would like to highlight?
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

Small Hands wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:58 am One guy I absolutely love to move to LG and potentially be an all pro is Troy Fautanu out of Washington. He plays LT, but I think he’s better suited as a G. If the Vikings stay put at 11 and 23, Troy would be a very solid pick at 23.

Any other Tackles that would be a good prospect to move to LG that anyone would like to highlight?
The guy from Oregon State. Noted as the best run blocker in the entire draft.
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Don't have time to look at if this site is remotely reputable but they do have a ton of followers. Figured it's a talker anyway, BS I'm sure.

Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

hategreenticemase wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:45 pm Don't have time to look at if this site is remotely reputable but they do have a ton of followers. Figured it's a talker anyway, BS I'm sure.

:lol:

Yeah… that is definitely bullshit.

Imagine how much it would take to get him.

After further investigation… Antonio Brown is linked to that account bwahahaha.
Last edited by Small Hands on Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

hategreenticemase wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:45 pm Don't have time to look at if this site is remotely reputable but they do have a ton of followers. Figured it's a talker anyway, BS I'm sure.

I have discounted these rumors because it just did not seem as if the salary cap could fit for either team.

But in looking at the details, for the most part they could work even without a contract restructure. The only sticking point for the Chargers is that they have already paid him a $50.6 2024 option bonus... A $50 million check. I doubt the Chargers want to just dump him after they made that investment, especially for an unproven QB.

But for Minnesota the trade can easily be done if the Chargers eat the cap hit of the 2024 option bonus. It can also be done with the option bonus. Herbert has a $6 million 2024 base salary which if he was traded (and the Chargers ate the 2024 option) would be the only cap hit the VIkings take.

In 2025 he is due $15 million base and a $45 million option bonus, which would create a cap hit of $24 million. If the 2024 option bonus was pushed forward, that cap hit would be $34.2 million, still a reasonable number for a QB in his prime.

After 2025 though the cap numbers start to increase. His base in 2026 is $24 million. IN 2027 it is $36 million. IN 2028 his base salary is $47 million with a $5 million roster bonus which would put his cap hit for that season at $71.2 million if we took the option.

The trade compensation given to the Chargers would depend on how the financials are done. IF we ate the entire salary, the trade would probably be jsut pick 11 in my estimate. Enough to give them a chance at another QB.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Small Hands wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:28 pm

Probably less than trading up. A large part of the trade value to the Chargers is dumping his contract.

If the Chargers eat his 2024 option, I would give them 11 and 23. If we eat teh option (and pay the $50 million) I would only give them 11.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

mlhouse wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:39 pm

Probably less than trading up. A large part of the trade value to the Chargers is dumping his contract.

If the Chargers eat his 2024 option, I would give them 11 and 23. If we eat teh option (and pay the $50 million) I would only give them 11.
Try both 1sts and JJ.

They would then take McCarthy at 5, one of the tackles at 11, and whatever BPA at 23.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Small Hands wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:41 pm

Try both 1sts and JJ.
Then what purpose would the trade serve? Why would the Chargers want to rebuild the offense without a proven QB and take Jefferson? And why would the Vikings trade for an established and expensive QB and trade away their best skilled player?

If the Vikings management is that dumb then we might be in for a long few seasons.....
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

mlhouse wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:43 pm
Small Hands wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:41 pm

Try both 1sts and JJ.
Then what purpose would the trade serve? Why would the Chargers want to rebuild the offense without a proven QB and take Jefferson? And why would the Vikings trade for an established and expensive QB and trade away their best skilled player?

If the Vikings management is that dumb then we might be in for a long few seasons.....
Because there is no truth to the tweet. I thought you loved McCarthy? Getting JJ and your top ranked QB would be a dream come true for them.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Small Hands wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:53 pm

Because there is no truth to the tweet. I thought you loved McCarthy? Getting JJ and your top ranked QB would be a dream come true for them.
If the financials are made in the Vikings favor and we could get Herbert for #11 I would do that every day of the week. I would also do it for 11 and 23.

An established QB in the prime years of his career on a very friendly contract for a couple of years: sign me up.

I dont think the rumor is true though.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

mlhouse wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:24 pm

If the financials are made in the Vikings favor and we could get Herbert for #11 I would do that every day of the week. I would also do it for 11 and 23.

An established QB in the prime years of his career on a very friendly contract for a couple of years: sign me up.

The Vikings would be an immediate contender with this move.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:28 pm

The Vikings would be an immediate contender with this move.
If you can force the Chargers to eat teh 2024 option bonus it is almost a no brainer for the 11th pick, and probably a no brainer for the 23rd. IN this situation, his cap hits over the next 3 seasons would be $6 million (probably less than the rookie we select), $24 million, and $33 million. In 2027 the hit is $45 million and maybe you start to restructure to even the next few years out. But then, maybe by 2027- the salary cap is significantly higher than it is today and that cap hit isn't even a big thing for a quality QB.

If they force the Vikings to eat the 2024 option bonus, $50 million, then the deal would only include pick 11. The cap hit increased by $10.2 million each year, but still manageable.
hategreenticemase

Again, Im sure there is no truth to it, but dude, give me a break on your compensation.

First of all, there is no way the Chargers are doing it for 11 and 23, much less only 11, which is patently absurd. Second of all I would give 11, 23 and two more firsts if I had to. This is a PROVEN young top level QB. Saying you would consider giving 11 + 23 only if they paid option bonus is equally absurd.

Lastly, I have ripped every trade Jefferson scenario - as they are all nonsensical and moronic. You don't trade 24 year old HOF players to hope you get a good QB. However, this would be the one scenario I would entertain it if it's getting a PROVEN young good qb. But I'd really like hell to not include him.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

That account is Antonio Browns alt account where he drops sports news.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
hategreenticemase

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:33 pm That account is Antonio Browns alt account where he drops sports news.
How does that moron have 90k followers? :lol:
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

I would be awfully surprised if there was anything to that rumor.

Maybe Harbaugh really does have man love for JJ and will do what he has to to get him. I don’t know. But I doubt it.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

- Isaac Asimov
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:15 pm
Man don’t tease me with Maye and then end up paying the same amount to get your second choice in JJ.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Offsides 97 defense

Post by Offsides 97 defense »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:15 pm
I have a feeling that something unexpected will probably happen. It's like the Vikings trading up to #2 or something even wilder like JJ going #2 to Washington.

115 hours to go.
"Pickett"
"Sir yes sir"
"1800, Engineers, You go out and find mines"
witljon

Post by witljon »

Offsides 97 defense wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:55 pm I have a feeling that something unexpected will probably happen. It's like the Vikings trading up to #2 or something even wilder like JJ going #2 to Washington.

115 hours to go.
I can’t wait for Thursday to see if I’m proved wrong. I just didn’t buy into the McCarthy hype. I’m doubting a trade up for him and I’m thinking he will be there at 11.
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

Herbert is not being traded. Just reckless speculation to get attention.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

hategreenticemase wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:28 pm

Again, Im sure there is no truth to it, but dude, give me a break on your compensation.

First of all, there is no way the Chargers are doing it for 11 and 23, much less only 11, which is patently absurd. Second of all I would give 11, 23 and two more firsts if I had to. This is a PROVEN young top level QB. Saying you would consider giving 11 + 23 only if they paid option bonus is equally absurd.

Lastly, I have ripped every trade Jefferson scenario - as they are all nonsensical and moronic. You don't trade 24 year old HOF players to hope you get a good QB. However, this would be the one scenario I would entertain it if it's getting a PROVEN young good qb. But I'd really like hell to not include him.
Have you ever noticed that in the NFL veteran players are traded for substantially less than their "value"? This is the case. It is a salary dump and if they want to trade him they will get 50 cents on the dollar at most depending on how much salary they dump.
Tuck ya in

Post by Tuck ya in »

This may annoy the tunnel vision QB or bust crowd, but Paul Charchian said he thinks the Vikings should trade down for more picks, rather than trade up or stand pat.

-Don't shoot the messenger. :yawn:
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Tuck ya in wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:44 am This may annoy the tunnel vision QB or bust crowd, but Paul Charchian said he thinks the Vikings should trade down for more picks, rather than trade up or stand pat.

He says that each and every year
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Tuck ya in wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:44 am This may annoy the tunnel vision QB or bust crowd, but Paul Charchian said he thinks the Vikings should trade down for more picks, rather than trade up or stand pat.

Trade down from 11, but then still takes QB with that later first round pick or 23, or not take a QB at all?
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
Tuck ya in

Post by Tuck ya in »

Oriole81 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:49 am

Trade down from 11, but then still takes QB with that later first round pick or 23, or not take a QB at all?
No, he said he wouldn't touch Penix or Nix in the 1st round. He feels this team has too many holes to trade up and wants to bolster the defense.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Tuck ya in wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:53 am
Oriole81 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:49 am

No, he said he wouldn't touch Penix or Nix in the 1st round. He feels this team has too many holes to trade up and wants to bolster the defense.
Umm, maybe Paul his forgotten that this is what mid round picks are for.
Maybe he has forgotten because we’ve hardly done in a decade, but that is what good organizations do to fill in their holes.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

William Munny wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:50 am Herbert is not being traded. Just reckless speculation to get attention.
This is how these dummies are getting out of it. “It was a done deal, but the physical!”

Also, we don’t have a 2025 2nd round pick. Unless they mean that would be coming back to us. Doesn’t matter. Not happening.

- Isaac Asimov