Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***NFL Draft Talk***

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
-VikingsTw-

Re: ***NFL Draft Talk***

Post by -VikingsTw- »

Small Hands wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:38 pm
-VikingsTw- wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:35 pm
Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:11 pm "I now feel pretty good that [Drake Maye] will be a New England Patriot." -
@AlbertBreer
on Instagram.
Drake Maye's upside is tantalizing. NGL...

But I doubt his dedication will be anything close to JJ's. If I'm a Patriots fan I'm disappointed after seeing Brady for so many years that the team would pass on the guy with superior intangibles for the Call of Duty player.
How the hell do you know how dedicated the kid is? My god
Call it an educated guess... But also realize it's my opinion and I could be totally wrong. Don't take it to serious if you believe otherwise.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

-VikingsTw- wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:41 pm
-VikingsTw- wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:35 pm

Drake Maye's upside is tantalizing. NGL...

But I doubt his dedication will be anything close to JJ's. If I'm a Patriots fan I'm disappointed after seeing Brady for so many years that the team would pass on the guy with superior intangibles for the Call of Duty player.
Call it an educated guess... But also realize it's my opinion and I could be totally wrong. Don't take it to serious if you believe otherwise.
I don’t take anything personally or seriously in here. Sometimes I let personal attacks get to me on here if I’m going through something in real life, but I enjoy reading others opinions. I just found that comment odd. I’ve never read anything that supports Maye only caring about video games.

I was talking to my girlfriend the other day about this board. She made me realize I’ve been having conversations about sports with the same strangers whom I don’t even know names for several years. Made me chuckle.
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

Small Hands wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:43 pm

I don’t take anything personally or seriously in here. Sometimes I let personal attacks get to me on here if I’m going through something in real life, but I enjoy reading others opinions. I just found that comment odd. I’ve never read anything that supports Maye only caring about video games.
That's not really what I said. I basically said JJ doesn't have time for video games and it shows because his mechanics are superior to Maye's and they are the same age.

Maye might be a little more naturally gifted in some aspects but that's not really what I'm here for at the QB position.
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

Small Hands wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:43 pm I was talking to my girlfriend the other day about this board. She made me realize I’ve been having conversations about sports with the same strangers whom I don’t even know names for several years. Made me chuckle.
Most of the people I interact with don't care about this subject. Makes sense that people gather here to talk football because we are all here for this interest.

I know I'm giving Maye sh*t for playing video games but I had friends from playing online games for years. I didn't know them personally but they were other people interested in teaming up to play the game.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

I was talking to my girlfriend the other day about this board. She made me realize I’ve been having conversations about sports with the same strangers whom I don’t even know names for several years. Made me chuckle.
not just talking about sports, but you spent a whole month devoted to doing a mock simulation of a 250+ selection sports draft.
how big of a dork are you? I'm surprised you even have a girlfriend.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Oriole81 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:05 pm

not just talking about sports, but you spent a whole month devoted to doing a mock simulation of a 250+ selection sports draft.
Solid remark by Commissioner Dork.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

mlhouse wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:02 pm

Solid remark by Commissioner Dork.
:D
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Pretty miraculous really. I’ve had more in depth debates about this stuff than friends I’ve had since high school 😂
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

I’m going to hit you guys right in the nuts with this one….

I’m told there is a great chance Penix is there at #23.

Teams are scared of his medicals.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Just took another one….

My prediction from what I’m hearing is Maye or keeping both picks.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:34 pm I’m going to hit you guys right in the nuts with this one….

Mitchell or Latu at 11 and Penix at 23. I’m cool with that.

Teams should be concerned with the medicals. At 23, I’ll take that chance.
The Lizard King

Post by The Lizard King »

It would be a stroke of genius if they can get Penix at 23.
"If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first." - KDC
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

Small Hands wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:38 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:34 pm I’m going to hit you guys right in the nuts with this one….

it'd be tough to cross fingers on two first rounders though - latu and penix.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

somuchyummy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:14 pm

it'd be tough to cross fingers on two first rounders though - latu and penix.
I thought about that, but Latu is probably the best pass rusher in this draft. He passed his medicals from what I’ve read. The kid has heart. He was told he would never play again and came back with a vengeance.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

The thought of a plan like this REALLY intrigues me.
Taking the "lesser" individual talent but at a more cost effective range, and then leveraging your existing infrastructure to maximize that prospect's result?
That's what strong organizations routinely do.

I'd trade down from 11, but that's secondary.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Oriole81 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:17 pm

The thought of a plan like this REALLY intrigues me.
Taking the "lesser" individual talent but at a more cost effective range, and then leveraging your existing infrastructure to maximize that prospect's result?
That's what strong organizations routinely do.

I'd trade down from 11, but that's secondary.
If they can’t get to 3, I think a trade down from 11 is entirely possible. I’m not buying the JJ shit. If it happens I’ll gladly eat crow, but I think the Vikes have one guy in mind and are willing to roll with Darnold and draft a guy that’s got potential.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

Penix is the apple of the Raiders eye. He will not make it past #13. He will be the 5th QB off the board.
witljon

Post by witljon »

Beetlejuice wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:05 pm Charlie Campbell at Waltergoofball is reporting that the Vikings and Cardinals have a deal in place for tomorrow. Not sure how much you guys trust his word.
Im very confident it’s complete bullshit.
witljon

Post by witljon »

William Munny wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:33 pm Penix is the apple of the Raiders eye. He will not make it past #13. He will be the 5th QB off the board.
You get that from your source or just your opinion?
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

witljon wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:39 pm
William Munny wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:33 pm Penix is the apple of the Raiders eye. He will not make it past #13. He will be the 5th QB off the board.
You get that from your source or just your opinion?
Tidbits gathered from watching shows like the Rich EIsen show, Colin Cowerd, Chase Daniels, etc...
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

According to Breer the Commanders have "cleared the air" with Jayden Daniels about the last visit (Top Golf visit). In other words, Daniels is going #2.
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

Fowler reporting that the Vikings and Giants have been "the most active in trying to trade up" to #3.
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

Offsides 97 defense

Post by Offsides 97 defense »

I have no confidence at this point that the Vikings will get up to #3 for Maye. Kwesi is green and made some mistakes, but I don't think he's that daft to Hershel Walker the team's future, and overpay, not after letting Cousins go.

This is just a feeling at this point. I am not coming in here making emphatic claims like "the Giants aren't taking a QB in round one."
"Pickett"
"Sir yes sir"
"1800, Engineers, You go out and find mines"
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

Matt Miller reporting that AZ has told Marvin Harrison Jr. that they are picking him at #4.
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

Offsides 97 defense wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:49 pm I have no confidence at this point that the Vikings will get up to #3 for Maye. Kwesi is green and made some mistakes, but I don't think he's that daft to Hershel Walker the team's future, and overpay, not after letting Cousins go.

This is just a feeling at this point. I am not coming in here making emphatic claims like "the Giants aren't taking a QB in round one."
Russini reporting that the Vikings have "their sights set on Maye" and could get into a bidding way with the Broncos over McCarthy if Pats take Maye.
cdr2529

Post by cdr2529 »

William Munny wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:54 pm
Offsides 97 defense wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:49 pm I have no confidence at this point that the Vikings will get up to #3 for Maye. Kwesi is green and made some mistakes, but I don't think he's that daft to Hershel Walker the team's future, and overpay, not after letting Cousins go.

Russini reporting that the Vikings have "their sights set on Maye" and could get into a bidding way with the Broncos over McCarthy if the Pats take Maye.
Again if they are bidding against anyone for McCarthy they will be the laughingstock in the NFL
SKOLMN

Post by SKOLMN »

William Munny wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:51 pm Matt Miller reporting that AZ has told Marvin Harrison Jr. that they are picking him at #4.
Behind Williams and daniels going 1-2, this is the biggest lock of the draft. Fills a big need and gives Murray a true #1 wr. MHJ has superstar written all over him
Norn_Iron

Post by Norn_Iron »

Penix will be there at 23. He's shit
Self praise is no praise. But i am pretty great...