Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***NFL Draft Talk***

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
D_H

Re: ***NFL Draft Talk***

Post by D_H »

Head coach at the league meetings:

There is something fishy about McCarthy suddenly being the most desired quarterback in the draft outside of Caleb Williams.

“Nobody was talking about this guy being a top five pick until Jim Harbaugh and the Combine and all of a sudden, he’s a top five pick.”

“It is not coming from anyone in NFL circles, he was thought of as a second, or third round pick, so obviously the hype is coming from JJ McCarthy‘s camp.”
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:44 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:35 am COT DAMN RICK. COT DAMN.

Clickbait.

He used to be “Trader Rick.” He’s changed jobs. Now he’s “Rick the Click.”
I don’t see that happening, but I love Nabers too. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up having the better all around career. Depending on where they land and health. Marv has the intangibles to be a HOF worthy player. A lot needs to go right for that to happen though.
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

D_H wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:11 am Head coach at the league meetings:

There is something fishy about McCarthy suddenly being the most desired quarterback in the draft outside of Caleb Williams.

“Nobody was talking about this guy being a top five pick until Jim Harbaugh and the Combine and all of a sudden, he’s a top five pick.”

“It is not coming from anyone in NFL circles, he was thought of as a second, or third round pick, so obviously the hype is coming from JJ McCarthy‘s camp.”
During an appearance on The Pat McAfee Show, NFL Network draft expert Daniel Jeremiah said he has McCarthy going as high as No. 4 and his recent rise in popularity is "not a smokescreen."
"I'm talking to people who are in the quarterback market and not in the quarterback market, and J.J. McCarthy is really highly thought of, so I don't think that's a smokescreen situation," Jeremiah said. "I think that's legitimate, and there's too many teams, there's too much command."
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/101 ... -nfl-draft
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Small Hands wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:12 am
Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:44 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:35 am COT DAMN RICK. COT DAMN.

Clickbait.

I don’t see that happening, but I love Nabers too. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up having the better all around career. Depending on where they land and health. Marv has the intangibles to be a HOF worthy player. A lot needs to go right for that to happen though.
Even if they’re equal in other ways, 6-4 > 6-0.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:24 am
Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:44 am Clickbait.

Marvs dad was pretty good and he was only 6’
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Small Hands wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:37 am
Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:24 am

Marvs dad was pretty good and he was only 6’
He was. And he would have been even better if he was 6-4.

- Isaac Asimov
D_H

Post by D_H »

William Munny wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:16 am

During an appearance on The Pat McAfee Show, NFL Network draft expert Daniel Jeremiah said he has McCarthy going as high as No. 4 and his recent rise in popularity is "not a smokescreen."
"I'm talking to people who are in the quarterback market and not in the quarterback market, and J.J. McCarthy is really highly thought of, so I don't think that's a smokescreen situation," Jeremiah said. "I think that's legitimate, and there's too many teams, there's too much command."
Daniel Jeremiah lol
Last time I checked, he’s not an NFL head coach.
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

D_H wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:49 am
William Munny wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:16 am

Daniel Jeremiah lol
Last time I checked, he’s not an NFL head coach.
Señor Trumpo

Post by Señor Trumpo »

Oops. :lol:
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

Señor Trumpo wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:45 pm

An old man that should not give a squirt what he says. :)
populousample

Post by populousample »

Been wondering if trading for 23 provided flexibility to trade back from 11.
somuchyummy beef supreme chat
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

Señor Trumpo wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:45 pm

Maye at #3 it is then! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

populousample wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:14 pm Been wondering if trading for 23 provided flexibility to trade back from 11.
Why would you need 23 to trade back from 11?

- Isaac Asimov
populousample

Post by populousample »

Not indicating they needed to, was only pondering if it doesn’t create some flexibility to trade out of the 11 if they can’t find a way to get their guy.
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

I'm burned out on the QB speculation.

Need a thread on targets in the mid rounds.....fat bastards who play center, Deebo-esque tough flankerbacks, etc.

Any more news on the tampering of Kirko?
Fortune Tellers Make a Killing Nowadays
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

populousample wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:14 am Not indicating they needed to, was only pondering if it doesn’t create some flexibility to trade out of the 11 if they can’t find a way to get their guy.
Sergeant Rubetube talked about this and I thought it was a good idea in the event that they don't get their guy.

Apparently this is a loaded draft and one of the positions very strong is Offensive Line. They easily have room for two new interior offensive line and one Tackle. Then a whole slew of depth and competition at other positions. WR, RB, DE, backup EDGE, CB. Maybe a Kicker and Punter.

It could make a lot of sense to stack picks hard or just take Byron Murphy.

I'll be surprised if it's not a QB.
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

populousample wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:14 am Not indicating they needed to, was only pondering if it doesn’t create some flexibility to trade out of the 11 if they can’t find a way to get their guy.
:shock:
populousample

Post by populousample »

William Munny wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:53 pm
:shock:
:lol:
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

I don’t see how having 23 impacts their ability or likelihood of trading back if they can’t get their guy.

If you can’t move up and don’t love anyone at 11, trade back. 23 or no 23.

- Isaac Asimov
populousample

Post by populousample »

Beef Supreme wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:14 pm
I don’t see how having 23 impacts their ability or likelihood of trading back if they can’t get their guy.

So, already having a later FRP vs not having one won’t factor into Kwesi’s thought process at all in a moving back situation then with the 11. Got it.
witljon

Post by witljon »

populousample wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:49 am

So, already having a later FRP vs not having one won’t factor into Kwesi’s thought process at all in a moving back situation then with the 11. Got it.
What’s Kwesi’s thought process?
Tuck ya in

Post by Tuck ya in »

Every year there's a few hyped up draft prospects that fall, and it shakes up the 1st round, (Normally one is a QB). I don't see it for this draft, it feels like it's going to go by script for the most part. I think the top 4 QB's are a slam dunk to go 1-2-3-4/5.

There's not that "off the field concerns" wild card player who is being consistently mocked in the top half of the 1st round of this draft either, (Although we still have a month to go, lol). No gas mask bong video yet. I haven't read/seen much about major injury concerns from the top half of the 1st round that could shake up the rest of the round. Anyone have any players who they see falling that makes the 1st round more interesting?

SIDE NOTE: Penix, who's had a major injury history (where 4 of his 6 seasons in college ended via injury: 2018 torn right ACL, 2019 dislocated right shoulder, 2020 torn right ACL, 2021 separated AC joint in throwing arm), is likely a late 1st rounder at best, so his sliding won't effect the round itself being that late. He may hold the all-time historical record for a prospect to get drafted in the 1st round with that many major injuries in college.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

What a dumb thing to be snarky about.

Two years ago, Kwesi had only one first round pick and traded back anyway. Remember?

You either perceive value in a trade back or you don’t. Having two or more picks is irrelevant.

- Isaac Asimov
populousample

Post by populousample »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:35 am

Two years ago, Kwesi had only one first round pick and traded back anyway. Remember?

You either perceive value in a trade back or you don’t. Having two or more picks is irrelevant.
You seem very defensive about your rationale when your opinion is being confirmed and understood.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

populousample wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:56 am
Beef Supreme wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:35 am

You seem very defensive about your rationale when your opinion is being confirmed and understood.
Okay, tough guy. :lol:

- Isaac Asimov
Beetlejuice

Post by Beetlejuice »

Sarge wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:22 am I'm burned out on the QB speculation.

Need a thread on targets in the mid rounds.....fat bastards who play center, Deebo-esque tough flankerbacks, etc.

Any more news on the tampering of Kirko?
Would you accept fat bastards at nose tackle?

Undrafted/Day 3 type of prospect. Best chance at making a roster is stuffing the run.
Thank you… fuck you… bye!
Butch Bradford

Post by Butch Bradford »

Jayden Daniels attempts to calm elbow concerns ahead of the NFL Draft and insists he is 'perfectly' fine... after bizarre viral photo left fans baffled

Jayden Daniels insists he is 'perfectly fine' despite a bizarre photo of the LSU quarterback's elbow raising concerns this week.

The picture, which shows Daniels' elbow looking disformed as he throws the ball in a game against Alabama back in November, quickly went viral after leaving fans baffled on social media.

The 23-year-old appeared to have a golf ball-sized lump attached to his right elbow, sparking a number of scientific theories online.

However, on Thursday Dr. Laith M. Jazrawi, Chief of the Division of Sports Medicine at NYU Langone Orthopedics, told the New York Post that the lump was not a huge cause for concern and can be treated with either an injection or surgery.

Now Daniels, who will likely be a top-three pick at this year's NFL Draft, has played down the photo while reassuring fans that there is nothing wrong with his elbow.

NYU Langone's Dr. Laith M. Jazrawi believes the golf ball-sized lump is 'olecranon bursitis'

Daniels is expected to be a top three pick at next month's NFL Draft alongside Drake Maye and projected No. 1 pick Caleb Williams

He wrote on X: 'my elbow is perfectly fine .. stop the cap!!' along with cap and yawning emojis.

Dr. Jazrawi revealed Daniels was suffering from 'olecranon bursitis', which can either be painful or painless.

'You can get a cortisone injection, or you can surgically remove the bursa,' he said. 'The downtime for something like that is two to three weeks for a bursa excision, or you can play the whole season with it because it's generally not that painful.

'It's surgically corrected. It's not a reconstruction or a ligament repair.'

Daniels, who went from an extensive medical check at the NFL Combine, threw for 3,812 yards and 40 touchdowns with just four interceptions for the Tigers on his way to the Heisman last season. LSU finished with a 10-3 record overall and 6-2 in conference play.

He is expected to be selected in the top three of next month's NFL draft, alongside Drake Maye and projected No. 1 pick Caleb Williams.

The first pick belongs to the Chicago Bears - followed by the Washington Commanders and New England Patriots.
Hoop Dreams
***Official 2022 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Hoop Dreams »

Eroder wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:13 pm That settles it. Hoop is right!
Eroder wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm Hoop is right again!!
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:12 pm
I mentioned a day ago that Surtain could be included in a trade package. 3 first rounders and Surtain for #3? I think Surtain is owed a big-time contract, so that would certainly be a mark against.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

William Munny wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:19 pm
Hoop Dreams wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:12 pm
I mentioned a day ago that Surtain could be included in a trade package. 3 first rounders and Surtain for #3? I think Surtain is owed a big-time contract, so that would certainly be a mark against.
I don’t see it happening. But maybe.

In that discussion, my only point was the vikings could still match that. Darrisaw or Addison would have appeal as they have more rookie time left. And if we really wanted to, we have JJ who we could move.

I doubt we will have to. I doubt we would. But we could. We have more ammo than Denver does. More draft picks. More good players. Maybe Denver is more desperate than us. Who knows? But we have more ammo.

- Isaac Asimov