Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***NFL Draft Talk***

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Beetlejuice

Re: ***NFL Draft Talk***

Post by Beetlejuice »

Jeremiah just dropped his final mock and he has McCarthy falling to Minnesota at 11. Guess who we take?

With the 23rd pick; it’s Chop Robinson

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremia ... -draft-4-0
Thank you… fuck you… bye!
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Beetlejuice wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:16 pm Jeremiah just dropped his final mock and he has McCarthy falling to Minnesota at 11. Guess who we take?

I think there is a 75% chance he’s there at #11. Some here want to trade 3 1sts to land him though.

Like I’ve said before… If we draft him at #11, i’m not going to have that much of a problem with it. I don’t think he’s going to pan out but there is a good shot whoever we draft at #11 being a QB might not end up being the guy down the road.

With that said, this is a weak draft at positions we are likely to draft and I can live with a failed QB pick at #11 if it happens that way. It shouldn’t hurt us that bad in the future.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Beetlejuice

Post by Beetlejuice »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:38 pm
Beetlejuice wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:16 pm Jeremiah just dropped his final mock and he has McCarthy falling to Minnesota at 11. Guess who we take?

I think there is a 75% chance he’s there at #11. Some here want to trade 3 1sts to land him though.

Like I’ve said before… If we draft him at #11, i’m not going to have that much of a problem with it. I don’t think he’s going to pan out but there is a good shot whoever we draft at #11 being a QB might not end up being the guy down the road.

With that said, this is a weak draft at positions we are likely to draft and I can live with a failed QB pick at #11 if it happens that way. It shouldn’t hurt us that bad in the future.
I’d be very happy with this draft scenario. Having the Chargers taking an OT is what sets the feee fall. Giants get Nabers, who they value more.

I still think a trade up is plausible since Denver or LV could try and trade up if McCarthy goes past 6. We are now taking a lower value for trades for every one. A first next year would be needed to do so for them, but any team before MN would gladly take 11 and 23 in this position.
Butch Bradford

Post by Butch Bradford »

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Butch Bradford wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:52 pm
No shit.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Butch Bradford

Post by Butch Bradford »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:54 pm
Butch Bradford wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:52 pm
No shit.
:lol:
Butch Bradford

Post by Butch Bradford »

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Butch Bradford wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:58 pm
This would be the perfect scenario if JJ goes #3.

We get Maye at a deal at that point.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Beetlejuice wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:49 pm

I’d be very happy with this draft scenario. Having the Chargers taking an OT is what sets the feee fall. Giants get Nabers, who they value more.

I still think a trade up is plausible since Denver or LV could try and trade up if McCarthy goes past 6. We are now taking a lower value for trades for every one. A first next year would be needed to do so for them, but any team before MN would gladly take 11 and 23 in this position.
I don’t get why the Chargers wouldn’t just take 11 and 23 from us, and take Latham at 11. In the rare scenario where he is gone, then Fuaga should be there.

Just seems like a cutting off your nose to spite your face decision. They easily win that trade on the football field, even if the “analytics” say they don’t, or that it’s not a gdfather deal.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
witljon

Post by witljon »

Beef Supreme wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:13 pm I’m still on team Maye, but I will be happy with JJ too.

They gotta go get somebody.
I’d really like to get Maye too, but unfortunately we will not. IMO
Beetlejuice

Post by Beetlejuice »

Oriole81 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:00 pm

I don’t get why the Chargers wouldn’t just take 11 and 23 from us, and take Latham at 11. In the rare scenario where he is gone, then Fuaga should be there.

Just seems like a cutting off your nose to spite your face decision. They easily win that trade on the football field, even if the “analytics” say they don’t, or that it’s not a gdfather deal.
Jeremiah stated earlier that teams are hot to trade up for OT. So I’m guessing his thinking is that the Chargers won’t believe Latham will be there at 11. Maybe Latham has leapfrogged Alt and is now considered to the top OT.
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

Hoop Dreams wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:29 pm

JJ said today the Giants spent more time with him than any team.

As an outsider I'm not confident in their QB situation and it makes a lot of sense to take JJ. Nabers is really tempting but when you don't have a QB your all in with it's all for nothing almost. The HC is gonna lose his job if they don't get it going.

I don't really think the Giants are bluffing.
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

Trading with the Chargers has made the most sense to me the entire time but got the least amount of steam. Makes sense for all sides if you dead set on needing to trade up.
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

Beetlejuice wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:04 pm

Jeremiah stated earlier that teams are hot to trade up for OT. So I’m guessing his thinking is that the Chargers won’t believe Latham will be there at 11. Maybe Latham has leapfrogged Alt and is now considered to the top OT.
Alt is the better pass blocking tackle, but Latham may be better run blocking.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

William Munny wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:39 pm
Beetlejuice wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:04 pm

Alt is the better pass blocking tackle, but Latham may be better run blocking.
Latham is a RT and they need a RT. That seems to be the only reason to go Latham over Alt to me.
But if that’s your reasoning, then perfect spot to trade down too.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

-VikingsTw- wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:19 pm

As an outsider I'm not confident in their QB situation and it makes a lot of sense to take JJ. Nabers is really tempting but when you don't have a QB your all in with it's all for nothing almost. The HC is gonna lose his job if they don't get it going.

I do. That team is completely fucked either way.

JJ on that team is a 5 game winner over the next couple season and they are likely the same thing with drafting a WR.

They have a very good chance at being really bad this year. I don’t see them making the same mistake Carolina did.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Beetlejuice

Post by Beetlejuice »

I’m honestly just done with this. This has been the most annoying pre draft season I’ve seen. Imma just clock out on the draft news and just wait until the draft starts.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Beetlejuice wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:12 pm

I’m honestly just done with this. This has been the most annoying pre draft season I’ve seen. Imma just clock out on the draft news and just wait until the draft starts.
It’s annoying because we are the most talked about team in this draft even nationally.

It’s a pretty boring and basic draft without they mystery of what the Vikings are going to do. We are just finally in the spotlight of these rumors for once and it’s been a long and grating ride.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

Beetlejuice wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:12 pm

This is a hell of time to clock out, less than 24 hours away so that's great news.

I'm ready for it to be over as well.
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:53 pm I do. That team is completely fucked either way.

JJ on that team is a 5 game winner over the next couple season and they are likely the same thing with drafting a WR.

They have a very good chance at being really bad this year. I don’t see them making the same mistake Carolina did.
What's the end game of spending so much time with JJ? In order to manipulate what? They are in a great position to get a top 2 WR in the draft. There isn't any reason for them to play games.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

-VikingsTw- wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:59 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:53 pm I do. That team is completely fucked either way.

What's the end game of spending so much time with JJ? In order to manipulate what? They are in a great position to get a top 2 WR in the draft. There isn't any reason for them to play games.
The Chargers need a WR BADLY and AZ is going MHJ. The point is to get Minnesota to trade with the Chargers for JJ. It gives them Nabers.

The Chargers are either going WR or OT.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:01 pm

The Chargers need a WR BADLY and AZ is going MHJ. The point is to get Minnesota to trade with the Chargers for JJ. It gives them Nabers.

I'll be shocked if the Chargers don't trade out or draft the best Offensive Lineman through their lenses in the draft.

At what point has Harbaugh ever been know to prioritize WR over Oline? He's gonna build that foundation.

It could happen but it's just not his MO IMO. I believe they have all their draft picks and they will take advantage of a WR later in the draft.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Looking back at the Goff draft day trade.

Rams gave up

Pick 15 2016
Pick 43 2016
Pick 45 2016
Pick 76 2016
1st round pick 2017
3rd round pick 2017

For the 1st overall pick in 2016
2016 pick 133 and pick 177

That was to move from 15 to 1. Do you really think the Vikings are dumb enough to pay 3 1st round picks to move from 11 to 4 or 5?
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Jones got injured and they are going to draft his replacement as JJ McCarthy? When a wide receiver who could help your team is right there?

And wide receivers aren’t cheap anymore.

The spots close to the Vikings are the ones to watch for sniping by the Raiders or Broncos. We have more ammunition than they do.

I want Maye. But I support what Kevin does. Nobody knows which of these guys will become great in the NFL.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

-VikingsTw- wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:06 pm

I'll be shocked if the Chargers don't trade out or draft the best Offensive Lineman through their lenses in the draft.

At what point has Harbaugh ever been know to prioritize WR over Oline? He's gonna build that foundation.

It could happen but it's just not his MO IMO. I believe they have all their draft picks and they will take advantage of a WR later in the draft.
I agree, but they did void themselves of almost all their WR talent this off-season. Keenan Allen is in Chicago. They cut Mike Williams. They've got last year's disappointment Quinten Johnston and a fat lot of nothing. They've got to do something. You can't strip Justin Herbert of all of his talent.

I could totally see them trading out of 5 and taking a 2nd tier WR like Brian Thomas later in the first and getting their OL as well.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

-VikingsTw- wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:06 pm

THey have a quarter of a billion quarterback and limited WRs on the depth chart, and one of the best players in the draft is available. If they are not presented with a trade offer they take WR. But I do think if Vikings or another team offered them a trade down they would take it.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Small Hands wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:15 pm Looking back at the Goff draft day trade.

Rams gave up

Pick 15 2016
Pick 43 2016
Pick 45 2016
Pick 76 2016
1st round pick 2017
3rd round pick 2017

That was to move from 15 to 1. Do you really think the Vikings are dumb enough to pay 3 1st round picks to move from 11 to 4 or 5?
That's two 1s, two 2s, and two 3s. That's more than three 1s.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

I might be overplaying Harbaughs affinity for Oline so early in the draft. He may believe he can build it all throughout the draft.

There is no denying the top end WR talent is very good.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:19 pm
Small Hands wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:15 pm Looking back at the Goff draft day trade.

Rams gave up

Pick 15 2016
Pick 43 2016
Pick 45 2016
Pick 76 2016
1st round pick 2017
3rd round pick 2017

What if NE asked the Vikings for 4 #1’s for Maye? Would you do it?
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:19 pm

Rams gave up

Pick 15 2016
Pick 43 2016
Pick 45 2016
Pick 76 2016
1st round pick 2017
3rd round pick 2017

That’s to move from 15 to 1. Not for the 4th QB. Pretty big difference. 3 1st round picks to move up 6 picks is an astronomical overpay. Fireable offense
Last edited by Small Hands on Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.