Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***NFL Draft Talk***

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Beetlejuice

Re: ***NFL Draft Talk***

Post by Beetlejuice »

I'll raise DH game breakdown of JJ's game against Alabama that was done by Chase Daniel. It's a well balanced breakdown of what JJ did both good and bad.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Thank you… fuck you… bye!
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Beetlejuice wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:00 pm I'll raise DH game breakdown of JJ's game against Alabama that was done by Chase Daniel. It's a well balanced breakdown of what JJ did both good and bad.

good stuff. watched the whole thing. i like that this was film broke down in a high stakes game against a very physical defense with future NFL players. a team that could have very easily won the national championship and i think does if they get by michigan. the catch on the halfback throw back to him and then the completion was sweet.
D_H

Post by D_H »

Beetlejuice wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:00 pm I'll raise DH game breakdown of JJ's game against Alabama that was done by Chase Daniel. It's a well balanced breakdown of what JJ did both good and bad.

I’ll agree with a HOF Qb JJ does not have one single elite skill set to transfer to the NFL. This tape against Bowling Green is absolutely horrific he threw three interceptions and should’ve had five. Lolol

https://youtu.be/5oLnTKHlMAw?si=wTm2TjEgC7mki_MP

Certainly you are not foolish enough to tell me you are more equipped to evaluate quarterbacks than a Hall of Fame quarterback in Kurt Warner??? Lol
Offsides 97 defense

Post by Offsides 97 defense »

weimy froob wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:56 pm

good stuff. watched the whole thing. i like that this was film broke down in a high stakes game against a very physical defense with future NFL players. a team that could have very easily won the national championship and i think does if they get by michigan. the catch on the halfback throw back to him and then the completion was sweet.
Both of you are arguing with a bit who has never played football nor been around it and told us Josh Dobbs was our answer at QB for the next five years.
"Pickett"
"Sir yes sir"
"1800, Engineers, You go out and find mines"
D_H

Post by D_H »

Offsides 97 defense wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:50 pm

Both of you are arguing with a bit who has never played football nor been around it and told us Josh Dobbs was our answer at QB for the next five years.
Oh, I don’t know I’d say KW knows a little bit about evaluating quarterbacks. Lol

Kurt Warners top 5 QB

Williams
Daniels
Penix
Nix
Maye

Again, this matches up very closely with my opinion
William Munny

Post by William Munny »

D_H wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:52 pm

Oh, I don’t know I’d say KW knows a little bit about evaluating quarterbacks. Lol

Kurt Warners top 5 QB

Williams
Daniels
Penix
Nix
Maye

McCarthy the 4th of 4 QB's off the board in the 1st round.
11) Minnesota Vikings: J.J. McCarthy, QB, Michigan
The Minnesota Vikings took a massive hit at quarterback when they lost Kirk Cousins to the Falcons in the opening salvo of legal tampering. Jaren Hall, Joshua Dobbs, or Nick Mullens don’t appear to be the long-term solutions.

Michigan Wolverines quarterback J.J. McCarthy is a proven winner with great accuracy. McCarthy is a playmaker who can make Justin Jefferson excited for the Vikings’ future.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/an ... c536&ei=34
D_H

Post by D_H »

William Munny wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:07 pm

Kurt Warners top 5 QB

Williams
Daniels
Penix
Nix
Maye

McCarthy the 4th of 4 QB's off the board in the 1st round.
11) Minnesota Vikings: J.J. McCarthy, QB, Michigan
The Minnesota Vikings took a massive hit at quarterback when they lost Kirk Cousins to the Falcons in the opening salvo of legal tampering. Jaren Hall, Joshua Dobbs, or Nick Mullens don’t appear to be the long-term solutions.

Michigan Wolverines quarterback J.J. McCarthy is a proven winner with great accuracy. McCarthy is a playmaker who can make Justin Jefferson excited for the Vikings’ future.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/an ... c536&ei=34
Lol

I’ll put more stock in Kurt Warner than a dude that makes up mock drafts lol

But hey, you keep up the good fight lol
Beetlejuice

Post by Beetlejuice »

I’m just messing around. There’s dozens of NFL QBs who do draft breakdowns now. I was gonna post that Chase Daniels videos anyway since I though he did a good job describing the good and bad of what he saw with McCarthy against Alabama.
Da Gas Man's Ghost

Post by Da Gas Man's Ghost »

Kurt Warners top 5 QB

Williams
Daniels
Penix
Nix
Maye

Have you considered that this is the reason that you subscribe to Kurt's opinion?
Pronouns: They/him/hers

Hopeful Member of the Crique.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

D_H wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:47 pm

I’ll agree with a HOF Qb JJ does not have one single elite skill set to transfer to the NFL.
:lol: :lol:
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

JJ has quite a few traits that are pretty dang good. I think his foot work is pretty on point, arguably the best of the class. One of his biggest challenges will be becoming more consistent with accuracy. I've seen this with the small amounts I've seen of him.

That's probably something that can be cleaned up, if it's not, that's gonna be a problem at the next level. You can't be on point perfect than just wiff bad. He did it at the combine too.

I'll say it again I think JJ is the kinda kid that's gonna grow and get better. I'm not mad if they take him, esp if they don't have to move up to do it. I like his upside. His mobility is very good, ability to get out of trouble and throw darts on the run. I'm banking on him developing and growing with the team they have if he's the guy.
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

I do like Warner and agree with some of his takes for sure. I was kinda baffled at how he defended pastronaut, he was not playing well. Mullens was much more effective moving the ball.

In the end I enjoy his opinions but that's what they are, not necessary perfect facts because was a HOF QB.
Beetlejuice

Post by Beetlejuice »

Jeremiah out with his 3.0. He’s gotta two whopper trades in the top 5. One for Minnesota, the other will surprise you.

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremia ... -draft-3-0
D_H

Post by D_H »

RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

-VikingsTw- wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:47 am JJ has quite a few traits that are pretty dang good. I think his foot work is pretty on point, arguably the best of the class. One of his biggest challenges will be becoming more consistent with accuracy. I've seen this with the small amounts I've seen of him.

That's probably something that can be cleaned up, if it's not, that's gonna be a problem at the next level. You can't be on point perfect than just wiff bad. He did it at the combine too.

I'll say it again I think JJ is the kinda kid that's gonna grow and get better. I'm not mad if they take him, esp if they don't have to move up to do it. I like his upside. His mobility is very good, ability to get out of trouble and throw darts on the run. I'm banking on him developing and growing with the team they have if he's the guy.
Well he better clean it up quick before the Vikings go down and watch him. O’Connell has said multiple times that accuracy is the most important trait he looks for. O’Connell said that’s why he couldn’t make it in the NFL and if you aren’t accurate, you are going to struggle in this league.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:04 pm
-VikingsTw- wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:47 am JJ has quite a few traits that are pretty dang good. I think his foot work is pretty on point, arguably the best of the class. One of his biggest challenges will be becoming more consistent with accuracy. I've seen this with the small amounts I've seen of him.

Well he better clean it up quick before the Vikings go down and watch him. O’Connell has said multiple times that accuracy is the most important trait he looks for. O’Connell said that’s why he couldn’t make it in the NFL and if you aren’t accurate, you are going to struggle in this league.
Interesting, I didn't know O'Connell said that about his own game. But he's not wrong.

When JJ is on he's on, it looks really good and smooth on time with anticipation. I can tell he was watching a ton of Brady tape, it's very comparable with the underneath intermediate throwing. The offense they ran gave him a chance to be able to do West Coast type concepts and chew a team up with a chain moving passing game.
Beetlejuice

Post by Beetlejuice »

Ladies and gentleman, we have a trade partner. Arizona is open for business.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cardinals/news/a ... reddit.com
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

Beetlejuice wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:18 pm Ladies and gentleman, we have a trade partner. Arizona is open for business.

Que the Quote Beef is posting. Everyone's got a price.
Mnsportsfan22

Post by Mnsportsfan22 »

Beetlejuice wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:18 pm Ladies and gentleman, we have a trade partner. Arizona is open for business.

Trade the 2 firsts to them and a minor sweetener if need be. Then when at 4 see if the patriots will trade down 1 spot. They can take Marvin Harrison we get drake maye
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Mnsportsfan22 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:31 pm

Trade the 2 firsts to them and a minor sweetener if need be. Then when at 4 see if the patriots will trade down 1 spot. They can take Marvin Harrison we get drake maye
Very interested in this.

Dark horse: Chicago. Trade up from 9 with a future first.

Draft Caleb Williams and Marvin Harrison Jr.

Charge $8M for season tickets.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

-VikingsTw- wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:24 pm

I just don’t see the Pats budging. Every move they made this offseason screams drafting a QB. Same with Washington and Chicago.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

- Isaac Asimov
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Small Hands wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:41 pm

I just don’t see the Pats budging. Every move they made this offseason screams drafting a QB. Same with Washington and Chicago.

- Isaac Asimov
cdr2529

Post by cdr2529 »

Please don't trade the 11th & 23rd picks for McCarthy! This will make me get a new team because we are stuck in mediocrity.
PurpleValhalla

Post by PurpleValhalla »

The thing I'm most curious about is this: We trade up to 5 and plan to take either Maye or JJ. But then someone trades to AZ and takes a QB at 4. Do we try to trade back again? Take Marvin Harrison?

I guess it's an unlikely scenario but I'm wondering what we do.
SKOLMN

Post by SKOLMN »

Small Hands wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:41 pm

Yup, this. Start watching McCarthy highlights and read up on his scouting reports to get yourselves warmed up to him. I just don’t see any way picks 1-3 aren’t qb.

I’m warming up to him. He isn’t sexy, but if he’s given an entire year to develop I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility he perfects the question marks surrounding his game. I think there is something to the “just cause he didn’t do it in college doesn’t mean he can’t do it in the pros” argument. Different sport of course, but towns hardly shot the 3 ball in college cause calipari needed him doing work in the paint. Now in the pros, towns is one of the best three point shooting bigs around.

JJ can succeed with koc
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

You don’t trade away a bunch of picks for a guy who isn’t “Sexy”.

If this team trades up to take JJ over MHJ, it’s going to go down as one of the most laughable moments in this franchises history a few years from now.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
D_H

Post by D_H »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:22 pm You don’t trade away a bunch of picks for a guy who isn’t “Sexy”.

If this team trades up to take JJ over MHJ, it’s going to go down as one of the most laughable moments in this franchises history a few years from now.
They’re not trading up for JJ McCarthy it is well documented they don’t think much of him. They have their goal set on Maye. If they can’t get him, or the other top two they will pass on JJ McCarthy.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

D_H wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:26 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:22 pm You don’t trade away a bunch of picks for a guy who isn’t “Sexy”.

They’re not trading up for JJ McCarthy it is well documented they don’t think much of him. They have their goal set on Maye. If they can’t get him, or the other top two they will pass on JJ McCarthy.
It’s no secret I’m not a JJ fan and I rather not go that direction at all unless he was sitting there at #23. I think #11 is too high to draft him BUT I could live with that outcome. Just don’t trade up for any of these tier 2 guys. It’s a group of 2nd round talent.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
cdr2529

Post by cdr2529 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:28 pm
D_H wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:26 pm

It’s no secret I’m not a JJ fan and I rather not go that direction at all unless he was sitting there at #23. I think #11 is too high to draft him BUT I could live with that outcome. Just don’t trade up for any of these tier 2 guys. It’s a group of 2nd round talent.
I am trying to hold out on hope but I believe they draft McCarthy and we will be doomed