Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***NFL Draft Talk***

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
hategreenticemase

Re: ***NFL Draft Talk***

Post by hategreenticemase »

Señor Trumpo wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:36 am
hategreenticemase wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:40 am
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:47 am

My bona damn near ripped through my jeans when I watched this brotha rip the cord.
Let's say cousins deal gets done for 2 years. Does taking a flyer on a guy like that appeal knowing that KOC has two full years to develop him?

Certainly changes what we can do in this draft if we do that type of move - where would we have to select him to get him?
I think if they sign Cousins for two years that Kwesi tries to trade down in the first to accumulate more picks to draft DL and then try trading up from their 2nd to draft Penix.
Could be. It's so hard to discern where JJ and Penix are likeliest to be drafted at.

Two months ago it was JJ later first round and Penix definitely second. Now, who knows, sounds like JJ top 10 and Penix perhaps first Rd.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

hategreenticemase wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:42 am

Two months ago it was JJ later first round and Penix definitely second. Now, who knows, sounds like JJ top 10 and Penix perhaps first Rd.
Two months ago only amateurs had JJ McCarthy late in the first or later..... truthfully, JJ McCarthy has probably been pegged as a high first round draft pick by NFL scouts 4 YEAR ago coming out of high school.

Like I said in other threads, I would not have Penix or Nix on my draft board. Not because I don't think they are worth an NFL draft pick, even a day 2 one, but I just think Nix's upside isn't high enough and Penix has too many issues to overcome in the NFL to reach his upside. If I was running the Vikings though I would do serious due diligence with Penix though, and would want our new QB coach Josh McCown to spend hours with him if possible.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

I’ve been told that the Vikings target is Maye hence why they brought in McCown.

So here are the “True” nuances that are going on behind the scenes…..

The Pats don’t like Maye and LOVE Daniels. If Daniels is selected #2, the Pats would trade the pick. As of this moment most believe that Washington will select Daniels.

Stay Tuned. This one was so hot!
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Style

Post by Style »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:03 pm I’ve been told that the Vikings target is Maye hence why they brought in McCown.

The Pats don’t like Maye and LOVE Daniels. If Daniels is selected #2, the Pats would trade the pick. As of this moment most believe that Washington will select Daniels.

YOU ARE DIALED IN!!!!
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Style wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:08 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:03 pm I’ve been told that the Vikings target is Maye hence why they brought in McCown.

YOU ARE DIALED IN!!!!
Thanks man. :beer:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Style

Post by Style »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:11 pm

YOU ARE DIALED IN!!!!
What else do you have? Bo Nix in play? Any possibility of a trade down?
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Style wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:13 pm

YOU ARE DIALED IN!!!!
That’s all I know right now about draft plans
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
hategreenticemase

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:18 pm

Why can you not just post links like everyone else does??? :lol:
Da Gas Man's Ghost

Post by Da Gas Man's Ghost »

This is why I keep coming back. Teh Tube is the man. He has great insight and has his sources. Not like some other froobs who get triggered if you dare imply the Vikings aren't SB contenders with Cousins.
Pronouns: They/him/hers

Hopeful Member of the Crique.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Da Gas Man's Ghost wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:26 pm

This is why I keep coming back. Teh Tube is the man. He has great insight and has his sources. Not like some other froobs who get triggered if you dare imply the Vikings aren't SB contenders with Cousins.
With you. Teh Tube is here for the right reasons. He spreads love.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
salamander

Post by salamander »

Beetlejuice wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:41 pm I’m honestly not all that impressed with the tier 2 QBs.

Nix has the weakest arm of all the QBs being considered for day 1. His deep ball did not impress anybody this week, but he has shown good accuracy on the short/intermediate passing game.

Penix is inconsistent as a passer. He has displayed good arm strength, but there are clear accuracy issues. He needs to clean up his mechanics if he wants to be a pro.

JJ isn’t in the senior bowl, so nothing to report here. About the only QB worth mentioning after these guys is Spencer Rattler who displayed some serious arm talent this week, but he was also inconsistent on accuracy as well.

Edit: I should mention that the QB who showed off the best arm at the Senior Bowl was Joe Milton. Dude has a cannon for an arm, but he’s got to polish up on everything else. Still, if you looking for a QB in the later rounds, he’s the type of guy to keep and develop.
My bona damn near ripped through my jeans when I watched this brotha rip the cord.
I wouldn't mind double dipping on a guy like Milton who can be QB3 and fix his mechanics. It would be cool if they could turn that into a higher draft pick a few years down the road. Or maybe he figures it out and our 1 round QB sucks. Who knows. An attempt at damage control isn't a bad thing.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Offsides 97 defense

Post by Offsides 97 defense »

Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:30 pm

Oh absolutely. The boob has never been so triggered that he calls out people's personal lives and slanders people he doesn't even know as "racist" and gets banned for it. He is such an awesome contribution.
"Pickett"
"Sir yes sir"
"1800, Engineers, You go out and find mines"
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

salamander wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:01 am
Beetlejuice wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:41 pm I’m honestly not all that impressed with the tier 2 QBs.

Nix has the weakest arm of all the QBs being considered for day 1. His deep ball did not impress anybody this week, but he has shown good accuracy on the short/intermediate passing game.

Penix is inconsistent as a passer. He has displayed good arm strength, but there are clear accuracy issues. He needs to clean up his mechanics if he wants to be a pro.

JJ isn’t in the senior bowl, so nothing to report here. About the only QB worth mentioning after these guys is Spencer Rattler who displayed some serious arm talent this week, but he was also inconsistent on accuracy as well.

Edit: I should mention that the QB who showed off the best arm at the Senior Bowl was Joe Milton. Dude has a cannon for an arm, but he’s got to polish up on everything else. Still, if you looking for a QB in the later rounds, he’s the type of guy to keep and develop.
I wouldn't mind double dipping on a guy like Milton who can be QB3 and fix his mechanics. It would be cool if they could turn that into a higher draft pick a few years down the road. Or maybe he figures it out and our 1 round QB sucks. Who knows. An attempt at damage control isn't a bad thing.
I wouldn’t mind Milton with a late rd flier at all.

Replace the Ball kid with him right now for all I care.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Offsides 97 defense wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:06 am
Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:30 pm

Oh absolutely. The boob has never been so triggered that he calls out people's personal lives and slanders people he doesn't even know as "racist" and gets banned for it. He is such an awesome contribution.
Ride the wave. You can’t oppose a force of nature.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

hategreenticemase wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:25 pm

If you can find the link, post it. Not out there to my knowledge. I laid it.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Señor Trumpo

Post by Señor Trumpo »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:19 pm

Per
@TonyPauline
, the #Patriots will trade back if QB Jayden Daniels is not available as the Patriots organization "are not fans of [Drake] Maye".

Could this open the door for the #Vikings to trade up and get Maye?
@Alec_Lewis
reported already that the Vikings "adore" Maye 🤔
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Señor Trumpo wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:24 pm

Per
@TonyPauline
, the #Patriots will trade back if QB Jayden Daniels is not available as the Patriots organization "are not fans of [Drake] Maye".

@Alec_Lewis
Huh never saw this. Not quite what I had but close enough.

I don’t talk to Alec Lewis by the way. Never got a chance to form a relationship with him like I have so many others.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
cdr2529

Post by cdr2529 »

I will be glad when cousin is gone and I think we will stay at 11th
hategreenticemase

Per
@TonyPauline

@Alec_Lewis
Thank you sir, for posting the link and or source of information, you know, like every other rube does. Well except for one. :lol:
hategreenticemase

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:28 pm

Per
@TonyPauline

@Alec_Lewis
Huh never saw this. Not quite what I had but close enough.

I don’t talk to Alec Lewis by the way. Never got a chance to form a relationship with him like I have so many others.
Just.
Can't.
Help.
Himself.

:lol:
Señor Trumpo

Post by Señor Trumpo »

hategreenticemase wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:52 pm

Per
@TonyPauline

@Alec_Lewis
Thank you sir, for posting the link and or source of information, you know, like every other rube does. Well except for one. :lol:
My sources are telling me if the Vikings trade up to the Patriots pick, it will be for JJ McCarthy and not Drake Maye. Let's go!!!! :lol:
hategreenticemase

Señor Trumpo wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:00 pm
hategreenticemase wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:52 pm
Per
@TonyPauline

@Alec_Lewis
My sources are telling me if the Vikings trade up to the Patriots pick, it will be for JJ McCarthy and not Drake Maye. Let's go!!!! :lol:
:lol:
cdr2529

Post by cdr2529 »

If they trade up for Jjthey are dumber than I thought
witljon

Post by witljon »

mlhouse wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:09 am

Two months ago only amateurs had JJ McCarthy late in the first or later..... truthfully, JJ McCarthy has probably been pegged as a high first round draft pick by NFL scouts 4 YEAR ago coming out of high school.
Where did a professional like you have McCarthy 2 months ago?
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

witljon wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:27 pm
mlhouse wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:09 am

Where did a professional like you have McCarthy 2 months ago?
Go back and read the record. You will see that I was stating that to draft McCarthy we might have to trade up long before anyone else.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Per
@TonyPauline

@Alec_Lewis
I feel like Maye is falling fast. Penix and JJ are moving up.

I don't like that Maye went down in his stats. That has Rick Spielman pick written all over it. It also has bust written on it as well.

For me it seems like the order is:
Williams
Daniels
McCarthy
Penix
Maye

Maye might be the guy who drops way farther than people think. Also, did he throw at the combine?
Señor Trumpo

Post by Señor Trumpo »

cunningham wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:25 pm

Per
@TonyPauline

@Alec_Lewis

I don't like that Maye went down in his stats. That has Rick Spielman pick written all over it. It also has bust written on it as well.

Williams
Daniels
McCarthy
Penix
Maye

Maye might be the guy who drops way farther than people think. Also, did he throw at the combine?
I mostly agree, but I'm not high on Caleb Williams, I'd put him 3 after Daniels and McCarthy. When I watch him play, I see him panicking at times and I don't think he is mentally strong enough for the NFL.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Per
@TonyPauline

@Alec_Lewis

Williams
Daniels
McCarthy
Penix
Maye

I couldn’t be happier if he slides and I think the Vikings would be ecstatic if it happened.

I predict JJ will be the one who slides though. He’s this years Will Levis with the hype.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
D_H

Post by D_H »

D_H

Post by D_H »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:05 pm
Per
@TonyPauline

@Alec_Lewis

Williams
Daniels
McCarthy
Penix
Maye

I couldn’t be happier if he slides and I think the Vikings would be ecstatic if it happened.

I predict JJ will be the one who slides though. He’s this years Will Levis with the hype.
This is probably true Jason McIntyre on the Collin herd show said yesterday all the hype is being put out by JJ McCarthy‘s camp. The scouts don’t feel that good about him.