Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Our long national nightmare is over!

Gork

Our long national nightmare is over!

Post by Gork »

JOE BARRY FIRED!!!!! :naners: :naners: :naners:
There will come a day when Donald Trump is gone, but Calebs' stupidity will remain!

TRUMPHUMPERS :humper: ™ ARE TRAITORS!

Proud member of the RFP!

Never trust a former president who wears Jim Bakker’s haircut and Tammy Faye’s makeup.
salamander

Re: Our long national nightmare is over!

Post by salamander »

Gork wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:18 am JOE BARRY FIRED!!!!! :naners: :naners: :naners:
:irked:
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Unbiased Observer

Post by Unbiased Observer »

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSS!!!!!!!!!

Watching Grossi right now.
After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true.
TheLokNesMonster

Post by TheLokNesMonster »

I never cheer a guy losing his job, but it was time for a change.
PackIsBack

Post by PackIsBack »

Made my day. They also canned Chris Gizzi? All those rubes that cry every year about "fire the strength and conditioning coach" go their wish too.
:clap: “It... is... GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!” “No, he missed it! Are you kidding me? He missed it right.” :clap:
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

Poor Barry. Sacrificed because Gordon Love had a brain fart.

Escape goat!
Fortune Tellers Make a Killing Nowadays
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

Hire Zimmer. I double dog dare ya.
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

The defense looked pretty good the last 1/3rd of the season. There were some head scratchers earlier though.
40+ year Viking fan turned Packer fan turned J-E-T-S fan.
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

JPM wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:34 pm The defense looked pretty good the last 1/3rd of the season. There were some head scratchers earlier though.
Impressive against the Panthers, indeed. Somehow befuddled Bryce Young into running out of clock to spike it for a game tying fg.

Then that gem against the Vikings 54th qb. Solid work.
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

Sarge wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:39 pm
JPM wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:34 pm The defense looked pretty good the last 1/3rd of the season. There were some head scratchers earlier though.
Impressive against the Panthers, indeed. Somehow befuddled Bryce Young into running out of clock to spike it for a game tying fg.

You just might want to start watching your own bobber. :lol:
40+ year Viking fan turned Packer fan turned J-E-T-S fan.
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

JPM wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:12 pm
Sarge wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:39 pm

You just might want to start watching your own bobber. :lol:
How about that herculean effort against the Giants? G FORCE baby!
Blair Kiel 2

Post by Blair Kiel 2 »

Sarge wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:30 pm Hire Zimmer. I double dog dare ya.
We’ll keep an eye on him.
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

Gork wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:18 am JOE BARRY FIRED!!!!! :naners: :naners: :naners:
Maybe they should get better players.
Gork

Post by Gork »

Obi-Wan wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:03 am
Sounds like a plan. Imagine what a competent backup QB could do!
There will come a day when Donald Trump is gone, but Calebs' stupidity will remain!

Proud member of the RFP!

Never trust a former president who wears Jim Bakker’s haircut and Tammy Faye’s makeup.
Chuck North

Post by Chuck North »

Gork wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:21 am
Obi-Wan wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:03 am
Sounds like a plan. Imagine what a competent backup QB could do!
Do you think their coaching staff would be able to identify one if they had him?
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

PackIsBack wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:18 pm Made my day. They also canned Chris Gizzi? All those rubes that cry every year about "fire the strength and conditioning coach" go their wish too.
Do you think they'll update their training room methodology?

Offsides 97 defense

Post by Offsides 97 defense »

Chuck North wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:25 am

Do you think their coaching staff would be able to identify one if they had him?
Curious, who was the Packer's backup if Love went down? An inexperienced rookie out of Penn State, right? Man, I wish the Vikings had the insight and gumption to do that. That's what knowledgeable staff do. Place rookie quarterbacks as their backups.

The Vikings lost their starting QB and Mullens, their backup. Mullens is a good backup. So, they identified one at the start of the season.
"Pickett"
"Sir yes sir"
"1800, Engineers, You go out and find mines"
anthony

Post by anthony »

Sean Clifford had a 100% completion percentage, 118 qb rating and a 37 yard completion average…. Beat that!!
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

[quote="Chuck North" post_id=2696932 time=1706189133 user_id=132]
[quote=Gork post_id=2696904 time=1706185287 user_id=3481]
[quote=Obi-Wan post_id=2696870 time=1706162600 user_id=155]

[/quote]
Sounds like a plan. Imagine what a competent [u]backup QB[/u] could do!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Deflection.
Gork

Post by Gork »

Clifford throwing that bomb against the Vikes looked better than all 3 bench QB's KOC had at his disposal! :lol:

"Inexperienced rookie from Penn State"

Another gem from the " QB Whisperer! "

Proud member of the RFP!

Offsides 97 defense

Obi-Wan wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:41 pm
Chuck North wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:25 am
Gork wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:21 am Sounds like a plan. Imagine what a competent backup QB could do!
Deflection.
Nice job
"Pickett"
"Sir yes sir"
Offsides 97 defense

anthony wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:25 pm Sean Clifford had a 100% completion percentage, 118 qb rating and a 37 yard completion average…. Beat that!!
:lol:

No doubt.

Starting rookie quarterbacks as your backup plan is the way to go.

Signing a veteran backup like Mullings is dumb. Got it. :thumbsup:
"Pickett"
"Sir yes sir"
anthony

Post by anthony »

Offsides 97 defense wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:47 pm
anthony wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:25 pm Sean Clifford had a 100% completion percentage, 118 qb rating and a 37 yard completion average…. Beat that!!

No doubt.

Packers made the playoffs with their plan and Jordan love has as many playoff wins as kirk cousins and mullens combined…. Now what…
PackIsBack

Post by PackIsBack »

Sarge wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:11 am
PackIsBack wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:18 pm Made my day. They also canned Chris Gizzi? All those rubes that cry every year about "fire the strength and conditioning coach" go their wish too.
Do you think they'll update their training room methodology?

Maybe they need to turn the clock back to bloodlettings. If that cures Watson's hammy issues, do it!
:clap: “It... is... GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!” “No, he missed it! Are you kidding me? He missed it right.” :clap:
Offsides 97 defense

anthony wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:22 pm

No doubt.

Packers made the playoffs with their plan and Jordan love has as many playoff wins as kirk cousins and mullens combined…. Now what…
No arguing that. But let's stay on point. Is it wise to enter the NFL season sans a seasoned, experienced backup? Or is using a rookie QB with no NFL experience the way to go? I just want to lock this trade in for future reference. Packer fans (as proven by the history of this board) can be awfully fickle. Would you all be comfortable with Sean Clifford at the helm if Love were to go down? Because of some lollipop bomb in a game against a team that was cooked for the season?

And please don't confuse my question with the recklessness Minnesota Vikings fans are accustomed to when it comes to our team and the QB position. The Packers are way ahead of the game when it comes to taking that position seriously.
"Pickett"
"Sir yes sir"
anthony

Post by anthony »

Offsides 97 defense wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:35 pm
anthony wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:22 pm

No doubt.

No arguing that. But let's stay on point. Is it wise to enter the NFL season sans a seasoned, experienced backup? Or is using a rookie QB with no NFL experience the way to go? I just want to lock this trade in for future reference. Packer fans (as proven by the history of this board) can be awfully fickle. Would you all be comfortable with Sean Clifford at the helm if Love were to go down? Because of some lollipop bomb in a game against a team that was cooked for the season?

And please don't confuse my question with the recklessness Minnesota Vikings fans are accustomed to when it comes to our team and the QB position. The Packers are way ahead of the game when it comes to taking that position seriously.
My uneducated guess is that this season was a “find out what we have” season. Mark Murphy was probably as surprised as anyone that Green Bay went as far as they did. His thinking was “ If Jordan love shits the bed after his first 8 games, let’s see what this rookie can do…”
anthony

Post by anthony »

Also, Matt Flynn was a rookie backing up aaron rodgers in rodgers first year starting, and brett favre was in his second season in the league backing up don majkowski….
Offsides 97 defense

anthony wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:19 pm Also, Matt Flynn was a rookie backing up aaron rodgers in rodgers first year starting, and brett favre was in his second season in the league backing up don majkowski….
Well, that's pretty cavalier. Don't you think? Matt Flynn would have been a disaster. I think the argument made was the Vikings' inability to find a backup quarterback. They had a decent backup who got hurt as well. Most teams' seasons are over when their starter goes down. The 2017 Packers went 7-9 when Rodgers went down. That's the norm. That was the 2023 Vikings.

So we're clear: it's cool to throw a rookie QB on the roster as the backup, right? And that is sage advice for the rest of the NFL? Are you going to convince me had Love gone down, Clifford was the answer?
"Pickett"
"Sir yes sir"
anthony

Post by anthony »

Offsides 97 defense wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:02 pm
anthony wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:19 pm Also, Matt Flynn was a rookie backing up aaron rodgers in rodgers first year starting, and brett favre was in his second season in the league backing up don majkowski….
Well, that's pretty cavalier. Don't you think? Matt Flynn would have been a disaster. I think the argument made was the Vikings' inability to find a backup quarterback. They had a decent backup who got hurt as well. Most teams' seasons are over when their starter goes down. The 2017 Packers went 7-9 when Rodgers went down. That's the norm. That was the 2023 Vikings.

So we're clear: it's cool to throw a rookie QB on the roster as the backup, right? And that is sage advice for the rest of the NFL? Are you going to convince me had Love gone down, Clifford was the answer?
My guess is I’m not going to convince you of anything.

If the packers roster continues to gel and they can show they can compete for a superbowl then the calculus changes. At that point i think a proven veteran is more valuable than a rookie as a backup. But i think Jordan love is a pretty big unknown at this point and nobody expected Green Bay to contend this year. If love had struggled and you think his backup had potential why not give him a shot? You said yourself that if a starter goes down the season is shot so the backup is only there to be servicable for a few games if qb1 is sidelined for a game or 2.
Offsides 97 defense

anthony wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:15 pm

My guess is I’m not going to convince you of anything.

If the packers roster continues to gel and they can show they can compete for a superbowl then the calculus changes. At that point i think a proven veteran is more valuable than a rookie as a backup. But i think Jordan love is a pretty big unknown at this point and nobody expected Green Bay to contend this year. If love had struggled and you think his backup had potential why not give him a shot? You said yourself that if a starter goes down the season is shot so the backup is only there to be servicable for a few games if qb1 is sidelined for a game or 2.
Again, the comment by Chuck Weak was directed at the Vikings' inability to find a backup. I think most people would agree that Mullins is a serviceable backup. Nobody wants to hold two starters on their team. However, if your starter goes down and your backup, your season is over. That's just the way it is. I am not even convinced had Mullens been healthy; you guys would have made the playoffs. Because they beat the Bears or Broncos with Mullens.

So it is your opinion that it is best practice to have a rookie QB who has never thrown an NFL pass as a backup? Unlike the Vikings, who signed a seasoned veteran at #2. That is all I am asking.

(Hypothetical, if the Vikings in the upcoming draft actually get their head out of their ass and move on a 1st round QB, they should dump Mullins and put a rookie late-round pick at #2? That's smart business, right?)
"Pickett"
"Sir yes sir"