Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official Hornets @ Timberwolves GDT 22 Jan Official***

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
Jimi_Thing

Re: ***Official Hornets @ Timberwolves GDT 22 Jan Official***

Post by Jimi_Thing »

ItsGameOvrMan wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:35 pm This is on Coach Finch too
It absolutely is. When Kyle is needed on the floor, you can’t have Rudy on the floor at the same time. Not for extended minutes together at least. Naz should have seen more minutes. I also don’t understand why he simply doesn’t move MacLaughlin into the starting PG spot when Conley is out. Why fuck up the entire rotation?
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I'd be curious to see what Finch says the play call was on that last possession and what happened there.
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
witljon

Post by witljon »

YBBR wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:37 pm To Charlotte at home. One of the worst teams in the league. They should kill that team. They lose at home. That's bullshit.

If I'm at this game I demand my money back.
This was a wasted game that’s gonna happen in a long season, but it still pisses me off.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

The hornets are 4-2 vs the wolves the last 4 seasons

Lamelo has out played ant in 5 of the 6 head to head match ups
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Appalling.
witljon

Post by witljon »

Now that we can’t beat the easy teams, we travel to Wsh Wizards Wednesday and Bkn Nets Thursday.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

YBBR wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:37 pm To Charlotte at home. One of the worst teams in the league. They should kill that team. They lose at home. That's bullshit.

If I'm at this game I demand my money back.
better be a wake up call game.
ItsGameOvrMan

Post by ItsGameOvrMan »

"It was an absolute disgusting performance of defense and immature basketball."

Chris Finch

YBBR

Post by YBBR »

I like what Finch is saying at least...
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:35 pm
DonaldDouchebag wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:30 pm Lol. Guess it was more important to keep trying to get KaT more buckets. What a brutal fourth quarter.
Ant was trying to play cute with seeing how many assists he could get without trying to score. Until he basically had to start shooting. Coach Finch loves hanging with lineups that are getting destroyed. Only thing missing was for it to be a TNT game. That entire table would be clowning on the Wolves. Dumbest team in the league.
I guess I’ve never seen a very good team play in such a silly, childish way. Even if they barely won it would have been pathetic.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

three reasons we lost the game.

Brandon Miller, a rookie just starting to figure things out, scores 27 points on 11-13 shooting against "the best defense in the league". That's just stupid.

Waaaay too much noticeable frenzy trying to get KAT his points - to the neglect of everything else. we have one of the best young SGs in the game. Ant takes his second shot of the night with 5 minutes left in the third quarter. Just stupid.

Nothing drawn up for a final play other than Ant (who has been an afterthought all game) and KAT (who is clearly gassed - 2-10 in the fourth) being asked to go out there and play hero ball. horrible coaching by Finch. he's hoping for luck, rather than being intentional and taking it to Charlotte. Big surprise - it didn't work. Stupid as it gets.

Hey Coach, here's an idea for tonight's final play - a lob to Jaden coming off a screen.

Ant with the ball at the top of the key.
NAW in the left corner
Jaden on the right wing
Insert Naz for Rudy - he's low post.
KAT at the FT line.

Ant passes to KAT while Naz moves to set a screen on the wing for Jaden.
KAT immediately passes back to Ant and then clears to the three point line
now we have KAT, NAW and Naz all in position to shoot threes - and defenses have to respect all three
NO ONE is looking at Jaden - all eyes are on Ant as he
drives to from the left towards the basket drawing defenders
He goes up for a floater, but instead lobs it to the ignored cutting Jaden for a dunk.

We win by a point.

It's the old "throw the winning pass to the bench TE everyone thought was in for blocking" deal. It's like we play right into defense's hands with ZERO creativity. Ant do something. Karl do something. oh, we lost. Fuck.
Last edited by somuchyummy on Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
witljon

Post by witljon »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:20 pm KAT forces contact Everytime he goes to the basket, so he doesn't get the call.
The refs didn’t blow the whistle, to an obvious foul.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

YBBR wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:51 pm I like what Finch is saying at least...
He laid a big turd himself. i hope he mentions that.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:58 pm
You're not wrong
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

ItsGameOvrMan wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:48 pm "It was an absolute disgusting performance of defense and immature basketball."

Chris Finch

sometimes he has a hard time getting through to his team. his halftime message wasn't heeded. i think he's been getting frustrated with Ant lately. he's definitely frustrated with his players after this abomination.

bottom line: this wasn't a timberwolves type of game and they're not a real good team when they're playing these type of games.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

did you listen to the presser?
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

It was mainly the defense that did them in. It was terrible the entire game. They couldn't contain ball penetration at all and it led to great shots for the Hornets. They ended up shooting 58% on our floor. That can't happen. They just got cooked defensively.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

If Karl doesn't have this ridiculous hot hand they're probably down by 10-15 going into the half and maybe the pull themselves out of the tailspin. But Karl was still red hot and everybody was like let's just ride him and not try instead.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

YBBR wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:01 pm It was mainly the defense that did them in. It was terrible the entire game. They couldn't contain ball penetration at all and it led to great shots for the Hornets. They ended up shooting 58% on our floor. That can't happen. They just got cooked defensively.
yep. should have had more than enough points to win the game. finch told them at halftime that they needed to get back to wolves basketball or they were in danger of what happened happening. they started missing shots in the 4th quarter and the hornets were making them.

that wasn't timberwolves basketball tonight--and you saw what can happen when they don't play their game.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

lots of reasons for this loss - but yeah, we had a chance to win it at the end on a regular two point basket. And Finch left it to Ant, who hadn't been in the flow ALL game -and to Karl, who was clearly out of gas.

We need a FUKKING PLAY for times like that, Chris. It doesn't have to involve a lot of passes that can get picked off - but there's a hell of a lot more MOVEMENT that can happen in 12 seconds than three guys standing around while two other guys play patty cake. Why is this such a difficult concept?
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:06 pm lots of reasons for this loss - but yeah, we had a chance to win it at the end on a regular two point basket. And Finch left it to Ant, who hadn't been in the flow ALL game -and to Karl, who was clearly out of gas.

We need a FUKKING PLAY for times like that, Chris. It doesn't have to involve a lot of passes that can get picked off - but there's a hell of a lot more MOVEMENT that can happen in 12 seconds than three guys standing around while two other guys play patty cake. Why is this such a difficult concept?
i wish they wouldn't have even called the timeout.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

weimy froob wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:01 pm
no i didn't.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

my memory tells me that they rarely run a decent play out of them at the end of games.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

witljon wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:32 pm
OliverMiller wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:24 pm Just for tonight, screw this team. Didn't take it seriously from the start.
It’s a long season
Screw that. You lose a game to a bad team because of bad shooting? Fine.

That was inexcusable.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:08 pm
weimy froob wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:01 pm

no i didn't.
you should.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

weimy froob wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:09 pm my memory tells me that they rarely run a decent play out of them at the end of games.
exactly. and it's important because end of game situations call for it. most froobs see it - it's obvious. i can't figure out why the coach doesn't get that. it should be rehearsed to death, it should be simple with only a few options, it should be effective. this isn't rocket science - especially in a league that no longer knows how to play defense.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

YBBR wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:03 pm If Karl doesn't have this ridiculous hot hand they're probably down by 10-15 going into the half and maybe the pull themselves out of the tailspin. But Karl was still red hot and everybody was like let's just ride him and not try instead.
Yep. I didn’t see any of the first half, but when I saw that we were up only five with Karl’s binge I knew there was a good chance it’d go bad.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

somuchyummy wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:12 pm
weimy froob wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:09 pm my memory tells me that they rarely run a decent play out of them at the end of games.
exactly. and it's important because end of game situations call for it. most froobs see it - it's obvious. i can't figure out why the coach doesn't get that. it should be rehearsed to death, it should be simple with only a few options, it should be effective. this isn't rocket science - especially in a league that no longer knows how to play defense.
i still like no timeout there when the ball was in Ant's hands at halfcourt.
witljon

Post by witljon »

OliverMiller wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:09 pm
witljon wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:32 pm
OliverMiller wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:24 pm Just for tonight, screw this team. Didn't take it seriously from the start.
It’s a long season
Screw that. You lose a game to a bad team because of bad shooting? Fine.

That was inexcusable.
We played poor defense all night, Edwards had an off night scoring, our bench got outscored something like 32-14, and the refs missed an obvious foul against Towns to end it.
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

weimy froob wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:15 pm
somuchyummy wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:12 pm
i still like no timeout there when the ball was in Ant's hands at halfcourt.
as long as Finch has no actual play to call in a TO, why not?