Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Turd Taylor Out As Majority Owner

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
BBG

Re: Turd Taylor Out As Majority Owner

Post by BBG »

OMFG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Lightning
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by Lightning »

FUCK!
Lightning

Post by Lightning »

Just die, already
Spoiler:
Last edited by Lightning on Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
minnemike

Post by minnemike »

What the actual fuck ???!!!
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

franchise is worth a lot more than the purchase price now. looks like alex and marc were mostly hat and not enough cattle.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

You can't make this shit up.

:lol:
ocsid

Post by ocsid »

weimy froob wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:11 am franchise is worth a lot more than the purchase price now. looks like alex and marc were mostly hat and not enough cattle.
Cue the Seattle talk again now.
Proud member of the Low-T Posse®
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Timberwolves sale falls apart: Alex Rodriguez, Marc Lore fail to close deal, NBA team 'no longer for sale'
Glen Taylor will remain the owner of the franchises

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/timb ... -for-sale/
Catalyst
***The First Lady of Wolves Chat***

Post by Catalyst »

They don't have the money they don't. What can you do?
My heart is family.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Catalyst wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:26 am They don't have the money they don't. What can you do?
Basically, yeah. Dudes had three years to pony up the cash and couldn't. Too bad.
Stork311

Post by Stork311 »

SHAFA wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:33 am
Catalyst wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:26 am They don't have the money they don't. What can you do?
Basically, yeah. Dudes had three years to pony up the cash and couldn't. Too bad.
This.

I am not following the logic on Seattle/Vegas due this….and I also can’t fault Taylor, unless he put in roadblocks. He seems to have done what anyone would do….and likely kept a bucketload of earnest money to boot.
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

You've got to be fucking kidding.
Let's get Tropical
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

“Taylor says the window for Marc Lore and Alex Rodriguez to purchase the majority share of the Timberwolves/Lynx expired on March 27 -- and "the buyer could have been entitled to a limited extension...However those circumstances did not occur."

Lore/Rodriguez tell ESPN they did raise money necessary to purchase controlling interest, but Taylor contends that they didn’t meet contractual deadlines throughout transition.

The relationship between Taylor and his successors – Lore and Rodriguez has disintegrated over the last two years.

Timberwolves and Lynx are No Longer for Sale!”
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Stork311 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:38 am
This.

I am not following the logic on Seattle/Vegas due this….and I also can’t fault Taylor, unless he put in roadblocks. He seems to have done what anyone would do….and likely kept a bucketload of earnest money to boot.
I assume those two maintain the 40% stake they bought in for at the beginning of all this. Taylor's just yanking the rest off the table.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Yea they agreed to sell for 1.6 billion

They agreed to pay in installments of 400 million every 6 months

They missed the last deadline payment

Wolves also valued at 2.5 billion now

Either way this is a huge distraction after the wolves just won 50 games yesterday and are the number 2 seed in the west getting ready for the playoffs smh
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

SHAFA wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 am
Stork311 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:38 am

This.

I assume those two maintain the 40% stake they bought in for at the beginning of all this. Taylor's just yanking the rest off the table.
yep. they'll make some good money if/when they decide to sell their share. i seriously doubt that they're in the conversation anymore about potential new majority owners though with the way the franchise has appreciated in value since their agreement. really surprising they couldn't find the money based on that.
Stork311

Post by Stork311 »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 am Yea they agreed to sell for 1.6 billion

Either way this is a huge distraction after the wolves just won 50 games yesterday and are the number 2 seed in the west getting ready for the playoffs smh
Please help me understand how, down to a player level, this is a huge distraction?

I am not connecting those dots.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

:lol:
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Stork311 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:50 am
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 am Yea they agreed to sell for 1.6 billion

Please help me understand how, down to a player level, this is a huge distraction?

Because this is the second best wolves season in history and now we have an ownership fight which is gonna take away from the positives of the season.

Now players are gonna have to have a loyalty test to Glen or the future owners.

Lawsuits will be coming soon. We have this cloud over the product on the court.

It’s not good
somuchyummy

Post by somuchyummy »

As much as i'm not a Glen fan - Lore and ARod are now in the Farted Around Too Much Hall of Fame. I can understand why Taylor pulled the offer. They are the dickheads in this, not Glen. As much as I hate to say it.
There is little difference between the memory of a real event and the memory of a dream.
Catalyst

Post by Catalyst »

This is just my speculation... Lore and A-Rod stopped communicating to Taylor. They were working on getting the last of the funds and had several things fall through. I feel that because of the lack of communication Taylor lost belief they were not promising to move the team just to get the money. I think taylor felt shinanigans were in order and pulled the plug.
My heart is family.
Stork311

Post by Stork311 »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:00 am

Because this is the second best wolves season in history and now we have an ownership fight which is gonna take away from the positives of the season.

Now players are gonna have to have a loyalty test to Glen or the future owners.

Lawsuits will be coming soon. We have this cloud over the product on the court.

It’s not good
If the fallout was “your checks aren’t gonna cash” I would buy into this. Otherwise it is status quo for players.

Are u suggesting players care? Hell….that shit show in phoenix didn’t stop players from signing…and doing quite well…for the suns..and he was a known racist.

Players will be fine. Allegiance is to the check, not the signature.
Lightning

Post by Lightning »

I think some of you may be correct. Still don't like it or him. Put a fat pause on placing "21" in the rafters.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Catalyst wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:14 am This is just my speculation... Lore and A-Rod stopped communicating to Taylor. They were working on getting the last of the funds and had several things fall through. I feel that because of the lack of communication Taylor lost belief they were not promising to move the team just to get the money. I think taylor felt shinanigans were in order and pulled the plug.
money talks. bullshit walks.
SHAFA

Post by SHAFA »

Oh shit, a player loyalty test. I can see it now. Literal lines will be drawn in the locker room. Weapons will be cached. Edwards turns on Conley with some bite bites, Gobert rubs his hands all over Towns face. Reid tosses Anderson some extra beach towels to team up against Minott and Miller. Nori subverts Finch's commands. Warren's alone in the corner with a bucket of popcorn.

PANDEMONIUM!

Or they all look at each other and ask: "The checks still clearing for you too?" "Yeah?" "Cool."
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

It's not, and it's ridiculous to say so :lol: It's like the people who say some player's contract negotiation is going to be a distraction to the rest of the team, it's just a clichéd and tired sports take.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Glen just gave an interview to kstp channel 5

Says Arod and Lore missed the deadline on March 27 so he canceled their contract

He says he’s gonna run the team as majority owner and that tbsh can keep their 37% they paid for so far.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Update

“ Over the last three years, Rodriguez and Lore purchased 40 percent of the team in two 20 percent installments. They were supposed to acquire the final 40 percent in early 2024 and Taylor was to keep 20 percent.”

However Taylor says they missed the deadline yesterday and has canceled the sale and voided their agreement this morning.
Catalyst

Post by Catalyst »

Lightning wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:17 am I think some of you may be correct. Still don't like it or him. Put a fat pause on placing "21" in the rafters.
He will never be my favorite person , but if he has thwarted an underhanded Norm Green, he is once again our saviour. No one wants the team to go. I hope.
My heart is family.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

I
Swear
To
Fucking
God
What
The
Fuck

Great. Half expecting this team to completely fall apart next year.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”