Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Turd Taylor Out As Majority Owner

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
A$$MAN

Re: Turd Taylor Out As Majority Owner

Post by A$$MAN »

T_J wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:36 pm
flexbuffchest wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:33 am With Turd Taylor having a power trip there is a greater chance Connelly bolts and then Taylor gets to decide his replacement :lol:

We're screwed if Tim bolts. Turd Taylor says he doesn't think Lore and Arod are committed to winning... Well put your money and commitment where your mouth is. Don't let Connelly leave
I wouldn’t stay if the current owner just fucked over the people who wanted to hire me.

This is literally the most predictable thing that’s gonna happen if Connolly does in fact leave:

We’ll probably trade Towns for flexibility and a couple picks, Gobert’s contract will wind down and expire and he walks for nothing, Conley obv retires, panic trade Jaden for a shitty veteran, and then in 2026-2027, just Ant and chasing the 10 seed alone with Corey Brewer and Mario Jaric 2.0’s, still owing future 1sts and needing to blow it up. Wolves fans will still be surprised Glen fucked everyone over and he’ll have doogie write a new puff piece on his next stupid hire.

Goodbye Ant. I wish you happier days on a team with a smart NBA owner.
It's a little comical that last year many individuals were ready to pack Connelly's bags for him because of the "worst trade in NBA history." Now, people are concerned we may lose him because of who the owners are.

I highly doubt Connelly gives a fuck who the owners are if he's paid accordingly and is allowed to do his job. If he threatens to leave, throw a shit ton of money at him and he'll stay. Simple as that.
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:44 pm
aztimberwolves wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:21 pm
Jimi_Thing wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:10 pm

ARod & Lore are responsible for drafting Kat & Ant and hiring Coach Finch?

Exactly how far back does ARod's magical positive influence date back to?
You’re right. Sorry i thought you meant Connelly and Finch. However towns was the consensus number one pick so no brainer. And Rosas deserves credit for Ant for sure.

But they didn’t put this all together until AFTER Arod and Lore got in the scene and hired the architect.

Keep believing in Glen if you want by all means. But i’ve seen enough in 25 seasons to tell you it always ends badly with that guy in charge
Who was the GM when Coach Finch was hired?

Who was the GM when KAT, ANT. NAZ and Jaden were drafted?

It has nothing to do with me 'believing in Glen'. My point is simple. To have a successful franchise you need a strong GM who assembles a strong squad that is led by a strong coach. Once assembled, you need an owner that's willing an ABLE to pay for that GM, Coach, and Players. Turd Taylor is able to and he's shown in the past that he's willing to pay a luxury tax if there's a team that merits it.

In contrast you have ARod & Lore who weren't able to close on a sweetheart deal and it's now being leaked that they already have plans to whittle down the roster to make it more affordable for their limited budget. Couple that with the fact that they're a couple of NY turds that wouldn't think twice to move the Wolves to a city like Nashville if they soon decide that they need a brand new stadium that's funded entirely by the taxpayers.

The Wolves are currently in the best position they've ever been. The future is bright and the foundation is extremely solid. Forgive me if I don't pretend that it's because of ARod & Lore. Because it's not.
Again, one time 20 years ago he paid a team and then just as quickly dismantled. Then 16 years of basketball oblivion.

Again my question to those Glen defenders, whose fault is it that he didn’t have 16 years of opportunities to pay luxury tax to field a good team? Who kept hiring these bad GMs and bad coaches so he couldn’t even have a “opportunity”?
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

We’re all gonna die.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

aztimberwolves wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:07 pm

You’re right. Sorry i thought you meant Connelly and Finch. However towns was the consensus number one pick so no brainer. And Rosas deserves credit for Ant for sure.

But they didn’t put this all together until AFTER Arod and Lore got in the scene and hired the architect.

Keep believing in Glen if you want by all means. But i’ve seen enough in 25 seasons to tell you it always ends badly with that guy in charge

It has nothing to do with me 'believing in Glen'. My point is simple. To have a successful franchise you need a strong GM who assembles a strong squad that is led by a strong coach. Once assembled, you need an owner that's willing an ABLE to pay for that GM, Coach, and Players. Turd Taylor is able to and he's shown in the past that he's willing to pay a luxury tax if there's a team that merits it.

In contrast you have ARod & Lore who weren't able to close on a sweetheart deal and it's now being leaked that they already have plans to whittle down the roster to make it more affordable for their limited budget. Couple that with the fact that they're a couple of NY turds that wouldn't think twice to move the Wolves to a city like Nashville if they soon decide that they need a brand new stadium that's funded entirely by the taxpayers.

The Wolves are currently in the best position they've ever been. The future is bright and the foundation is extremely solid. Forgive me if I don't pretend that it's because of ARod & Lore. Because it's not.
Again, one time 20 years ago he paid a team and then just as quickly dismantled. Then 16 years of basketball oblivion.

Again my question to those Glen defenders, whose fault is it that he didn’t have 16 years of opportunities to pay luxury tax to field a good team? Who kept hiring these bad GMs and bad coaches so he couldn’t even have a “opportunity”?
Who hired David Kahn and Ryan Saunders and Kurt Rambis and Sam Mitchell and put up with years of Mcfail and Sidney Lowe and the list goes on and on and on.

For every good one i can list about 4 bad hires.
A$$MAN

Post by A$$MAN »

Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:09 pm We’re all gonna die.
Exactly...everyone needs to settle the fuck down and let things play out.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

OliverMiller wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:47 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:41 am
flexbuffchest wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:33 am With Turd Taylor having a power trip there is a greater chance Connelly bolts and then Taylor gets to decide his replacement :lol:

We're screwed if Tim bolts. Turd Taylor says he doesn't think Lore and Arod are committed to winning... Well put your money and commitment where your mouth is. Don't let Connelly leave
We have Ant, we aren't screwed regardless of who is owner and who is POBO.
Until Ant leaves after Taylor hires Ryan Saundwrs for POBO
I'll take things that will never happen for 100 please.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Jesus christ. Lore and Aroid happened to be at the right place at the right time. Saying they had anything to do with this seasons success is laughable.

This whole process started with Rosas, continued and improved by sticking with Finch and hiring Connelly. Amazing what happens when you get two competent GM's and a respected coach.
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

Moses Scurry wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:55 pm Jesus christ. Lore and Aroid happened to be at the right place at the right time. Saying they had anything to do with this seasons success is laughable.

This whole process started with Rosas, continued and improved by sticking with Finch and hiring Connelly. Amazing what happens when you get two competent GM's and a respected coach.
The fact that they were responsible for the Connelly hire would argue otherwise.

Giving Glen credit for saving basketball for Minnesota would be the same argument as well.
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

Moses Scurry wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:55 pm Jesus christ. Lore and Aroid happened to be at the right place at the right time. Saying they had anything to do with this seasons success is laughable.

It's rather bizarre. I was previously somewhere between indifferent-positive when it came to ARod as an owner.

When he starts taking credit for recent successes, I'm immediately reminded of the weasel he is and always has been.
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

Jimi_Thing wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:26 pm

It's rather bizarre. I was previously somewhere between indifferent-positive when it came to ARod as an owner.

When he starts taking credit for recent successes, I'm immediately reminded of the weasel he is and always has been.
Tim Conelly made the Rudy Gobert trade. I think we can agree that is the move that put this current squad on the trajectory they are on. Who was responsible again for hiring Tim Connelly???
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:22 pm

I don't get why you have so much confidence in Taylor not train wrecking this situation.
PurpleValhalla

Post by PurpleValhalla »

T_J wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:56 pm
PurpleValhalla wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:21 pm
T_J wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:04 pm I see this as Glen is leaking horseshit to portray ARod and Lore as cost cutters.

You know the assholes who accuse people of doing shit? The fucking people who are the ones doing the shit in the first place. We have 30 years Glen. How much luxury tax you ever pay? How many times were you willing?

Fuck Glen.

And btw, couldn’t this again wait until fucking June? We’re on the cusp of the one seed for the first time in a generation and this old fuck can’t wait 2 months.

I hope he dies on the court.
At least Glen won't let them cut costs and/or move the team to a different state. Thank god we got the much lesser of 2 evils.
The team isn’t moving. Never was. Stupid point.

What’s evil about 2 guys who came in and instantly changed the trajectory of the team? Everyone who hates Arod never fucking says why. Because he took steroids? Because he interfered with a pop up 20 ywars ago?

Gtfo with lesser of 2 evils. Glen soiled the relationship with the only franchise icon we’ve ever had. A guy loyal to a fault. Do you even realize how fucked up that is? And this is like his 5th worst transgression.

If you side with Glen, you’re a fucking dolt. That’s really all there is to it.
Alex and Lore want to move the team. Glen doesn't Lesser of two evils by far. Unless you like not having an NBA team.
aztimberwolves

Post by aztimberwolves »

PurpleValhalla wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:44 pm
PurpleValhalla wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:21 pm

At least Glen won't let them cut costs and/or move the team to a different state. Thank god we got the much lesser of 2 evils.

What’s evil about 2 guys who came in and instantly changed the trajectory of the team? Everyone who hates Arod never fucking says why. Because he took steroids? Because he interfered with a pop up 20 ywars ago?

Gtfo with lesser of 2 evils. Glen soiled the relationship with the only franchise icon we’ve ever had. A guy loyal to a fault. Do you even realize how fucked up that is? And this is like his 5th worst transgression.

Alex and Lore want to move the team. Glen doesn't Lesser of two evils by far. Unless you like not having an NBA team.
Your sources please???

And Glen (according to himself) wasnt going to sell to people that were going to move the team. So are you calling him a liar now?
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

A$$MAN wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:01 pm

I wouldn’t stay if the current owner just fucked over the people who wanted to hire me.

This is literally the most predictable thing that’s gonna happen if Connolly does in fact leave:

We’ll probably trade Towns for flexibility and a couple picks, Gobert’s contract will wind down and expire and he walks for nothing, Conley obv retires, panic trade Jaden for a shitty veteran, and then in 2026-2027, just Ant and chasing the 10 seed alone with Corey Brewer and Mario Jaric 2.0’s, still owing future 1sts and needing to blow it up. Wolves fans will still be surprised Glen fucked everyone over and he’ll have doogie write a new puff piece on his next stupid hire.

It's a little comical that last year many individuals were ready to pack Connelly's bags for him because of the "worst trade in NBA history." Now, people are concerned we may lose him because of who the owners are.

I highly doubt Connelly gives a fuck who the owners are if he's paid accordingly and is allowed to do his job. If he threatens to leave, throw a shit ton of money at him and he'll stay. Simple as that.
And there's a very good reason he is where he is while everyone here is just a basketball rube. :lol:

His vision is clearly producing positive results.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

flexbuffchest wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:21 pm

And there's a very good reason he is where he is while everyone here is just a basketball rube. :lol:

On this note, there is only 1gm in NBA history that I honestly believe the collective minds of this website would do a better job then... And that is David Kahn

We as a group would have done better then that dumbass
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

OliverMiller wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:42 pm

I don't get why you have so much confidence in Taylor not train wrecking this situation.
Hard to think any of these guys won't train wreck the situation at this point. I'm not really pro Taylor, I'm skeptical of Alex Rodriguez though and I love this team first and foremost.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
OliverMiller

Post by OliverMiller »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:45 pm
OliverMiller wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:42 pm

Hard to think any of these guys won't train wreck the situation at this point. I'm not really pro Taylor, I'm skeptical of Alex Rodriguez though and I love this team first and foremost.
I am with you. I just think ownership/management matters a lot in this league. Ant can go to several other franchise and be just fine if this turns into a shit show lile it always is.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

flexbuffchest wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:21 pm

He also gave up the farm for Gobert.. and the organization got ripped over and over for the deal.. because it was a no brainer for Utah. I'm happy it's working out but I don't consider Connelly a genius for that.

Now for the D-Lo trade, absolutely genius on Connelly's end.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Wasn't there Lore/Rosas problems!? Rosas is back in a power spot with the Knicks.. hmmm :irked: ;)
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:35 am
T_J wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:11 am
HeHateMe wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:32 am

Sprewell turned down 3 years 21 mil.... fairly reasonable offer at the time but a 50% paycut so he couldn't handle that. Cassell should have been offered an extension BY MCHALE but wasn't, was upset and they ended up trading him. Mistake that cost McHale his job ultimately.

The team was in the luxury tax during those times and had to make some financial decisions that made sense.... KG's buddies got 6 year deals summer 2004, you don't think that upset Cassell a bit when his backup who barely played is getting almost as much as him?
When has defunding a contender ever worked out? Dallas not bringing back their title team was an obvious mistake that comes to mind.

Not paying Cassell and Spree was pure cheapness. It was then framed by our clown show local media that they were the bad guys. Taylor should have ponied up immediately and kept those 3 together, but he cheaped the fuck out and it led to KG getting forced out. The ripple effects are still there and until Glen dies, this moronic cycle of a good year or two once a decade will continue.
The mistake was not paying Spree and Cassell versus Hudson and Hassell (KG's buddies). They weren't going be able to keep everyone.
Not signing Spree was a blessing. He turned down the 3/21, fell off a cliff and never got a sniff of NBA money again. The "Feed My Family" crap was too good for the media and fans not to make fun of. And now he's broke, I don't feel bad for him at all.

Sam should have been brought back and given an extension, or at least not traded for Jaric. That was one of McHale's biggest blunders.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Sidewinder2k2 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:27 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:35 am
T_J wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:11 am

When has defunding a contender ever worked out? Dallas not bringing back their title team was an obvious mistake that comes to mind.

Not paying Cassell and Spree was pure cheapness. It was then framed by our clown show local media that they were the bad guys. Taylor should have ponied up immediately and kept those 3 together, but he cheaped the fuck out and it led to KG getting forced out. The ripple effects are still there and until Glen dies, this moronic cycle of a good year or two once a decade will continue.
The mistake was not paying Spree and Cassell versus Hudson and Hassell (KG's buddies). They weren't going be able to keep everyone.
Not signing Spree was a blessing. He turned down the 3/21, fell off a cliff and never got a sniff of NBA money again. The "Feed My Family" crap was too good for the media and fans not to make fun of. And now he's broke, I don't feel bad for him at all.

Sam should have been brought back and given an extension, or at least not traded for Jaric. That was one of McHale's biggest blunders.
Lockeroom would have been much better for 04-05 season. It was also derailed by Cassell injury (or was that 05-06 when we traded for Jaric?)
PurpleValhalla

Post by PurpleValhalla »

aztimberwolves wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:13 pm
PurpleValhalla wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:44 pm

Your sources please???

And Glen (according to himself) wasnt going to sell to people that were going to move the team. So are you calling him a liar now?
https://www.startribune.com/glen-taylor ... 600355005/
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

I'd have to imagine his decision is tied to what happens with ownership.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/2 ... ter-Season
Tim Connelly has an opt out in his contract with the Minnesota Timberwolves after the 23-24 season.

Connelly was hired by the Wolves on a five-year, $40 million deal in 2022 with Marc Lore and Alex Rodriguez driving the decision that Glen Taylor signed off on.

Connelly's opt out was intended to line up with Lore and Rodriguez taking over ownership of the Wolves. The Wolves will likely finish as the No. 2 seed, while Connelly's former team, the Denver Nuggets, will be the No. 1 seed in the Western Conference barring an unexpected loss to either the San Antonio Spurs or Memphis Grizzlies.

Lore and Rodriguez are expected to head toward litigation with Taylor after the incumbent owner of the Wolves claimed payment deadlines were not met.

Connelly could sign an extension with the Wolves, or possibly receive interest from rival teams.
T_J

Post by T_J »

At this time a year ago we had emptied the coffers to chase the playin. It looked like Gobert was over the hill and the fit with two centers was horrendous. Nobody thought we’d be the 1 or 2 seed and Gobert would return to DPOY. A repeat of that and I would be calling for his head.

I would disagree with that he doesn’t care who he works for also. The people who championed him in here likely would give him way more rope to let him work.
T_J

Post by T_J »

Dan33185 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:09 pm I'd have to imagine his decision is tied to what happens with ownership.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/2 ... ter-Season
Tim Connelly has an opt out in his contract with the Minnesota Timberwolves after the 23-24 season.

Connelly was hired by the Wolves on a five-year, $40 million deal in 2022 with Marc Lore and Alex Rodriguez driving the decision that Glen Taylor signed off on.

Connelly's opt out was intended to line up with Lore and Rodriguez taking over ownership of the Wolves. The Wolves will likely finish as the No. 2 seed, while Connelly's former team, the Denver Nuggets, will be the No. 1 seed in the Western Conference barring an unexpected loss to either the San Antonio Spurs or Memphis Grizzlies.

Lore and Rodriguez are expected to head toward litigation with Taylor after the incumbent owner of the Wolves claimed payment deadlines were not met.

Connelly could sign an extension with the Wolves, or possibly receive interest from rival teams.
He put in a back door for himself. Fuckin smart man and it implies he didn’t trust Glen to gtfo.
T_J

Post by T_J »

SHAFA wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:00 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap:
The foundation is solid. That’s laughable.

You Glen homers are fucking stupid as it gets.
T_J

Post by T_J »

It’s really not that far fetched given Glen’s track record. Seriously.
Jimi_Thing

Post by Jimi_Thing »

T_J wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:10 pm

Coach Finch, Ant, Kat, Naz, and Jaden isn’t a solid foundation? Seriously?

Edit: All the above were here before ARod graced us with his presence.
Charles Bronson

Post by Charles Bronson »

T_J wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:10 pm

Name calling warning. Watch your step.
Audiences like to see the bad guys get their comeuppance.